• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

commissar

Bernbaum said:
Halfway through my second play of Killzone 3, this time with the Move.

It really is awful.
I just don't understand how the
space section is on RAILS for fucks sake
Or how right at the start all the cool escaping bits are in a damn cutscene?
Least fun I've had in an FPS for a while :|

The junkyard section was really pretty though :eek:

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
why would you? you won't be able to understand the majority of the game.

Bernbaum

Quick Dragon Age question – do I need to do the quest stuff for Warden’s Keep in order to access the ‘chest’ or whatever it is I keep excess loot in, or is it accessible soon after entering the area?

All the tasty loot I got from the Return to Ostagar quest is too high-spec for Alistair, and I don’t want it taking up all the space in my fridge.

jambo said:
Crysis 2 will ship DX9 only on PC, DX11 patched in at a later date.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
As I posted in the other thread

Crysis 2 | OT | Console yourselves PC master race

I eagerly await the luls.

Hopefully The Witcher 2 | OT | Bow before your based God

d4533

Bernbaum said:
Quick Dragon Age question – do I need to do the quest stuff for Warden’s Keep in order to access the ‘chest’ or whatever it is I keep excess loot in, or is it accessible soon after entering the area?

All the tasty loot I got from the Return to Ostagar quest is too high-spec for Alistair, and I don’t want it taking up all the space in my fridge.

You need to complete the quest in Warden's Keep to get access to the chest. It's doesn't take too long to complete and it's well worth the time to get access to the storage.

d4533 said:
You need to complete the quest in Warden's Keep to get access to the chest. It's doesn't take too long to complete and it's well worth the time to get access to the storage.

You will of course get a few pieces of nice loot so make sure everyone has 2 sets of weapons equipped to cheese as much space as possible.

Agyar

d4533 said:

Warden's Keep gives you the opportunity to get another awesome set of heavy armour so you'll have even more shit to store! However, if I remember correctly, the Warden's Keep set is more suited to an offensive warrior and Cailan's is the best defensive (tanking) set in the base game (ignoring Juggernaut's which outshines all of them depending on the type of damage, as it's stacked with resistances).

FreeFallin' said:
You will of course get a few pieces of nice loot so make sure everyone has 2 sets of weapons equipped to cheese as much space as possible.

Except if you give them a mix of ranged/melee weapons they'll go and use them like idiots, especially archer rogues.

rass said:
can you gift moonbux™? I still have some I think and I'm selling my 360

Pretty sure you can't. Don't think you can buy a game for someone else either. Thanks anyway!

Clipper said:
There must be some game that includes a pub with a playable game inside of it. Even if it's just a darts minigame or something.

That's playing a game in a pub in a game you are playing in a pub... I doubt you'll get further than that.

Mana Bar had GTA4 playable at one point (still might) which has bar-based locales AND bar-based minigames, including pool, darts and brawling.

jambo

So I came home from work today, walked up stairs and I notice something odd.

My PC is on and I didn't turn it on this morning. Not only that, my housemate's computer chair is in front of my PC, whilst my computer chair is in front of his PC. I checked the event viewer and it looks like it was turned on at 4:38 this arvo, and there's history in Google Chrome. Plus the volume was turned up to 100, when I normally have it on about 20.

I'm gonna check with my housemate, but I'm pretty sure him and his girlfriend were at work, which leaves the 4th housemate as the only possible person who could have turned it on, and even worse, possibly used it.

I HATE when people use my PC without asking. There are only 4 people that I've ever really let use it properly and they would all ask, or were sleeping with me which made it ok. It still feels odd watching someone else on my PC, but to think that someone was using it without my permission, doing god knows what for a few hours. Makes my skin crawl.

There will be blood.

Seriously guys, some of the stuff is still going for a dollar and two games haven't seen any bids at all.

OH MY GOD! WE'RE HAVING A FIRE..... sale:

http://shop.ebay.com.au/vicious_killer_squirrel/m.html

Selling:

M-06 Guitar Chord Software (DS, JP)
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest V DS
Okamiden
LoZ:OoT Master Quest
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Okami PS2
De Blob
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
No More Heroes

Thought some of you might be interested.

Making some room and recovering some funds from my 3DS outlay. Some of these games are pretty niche or relevant only to the likes of GAF's interests, so I'm posting here for maximum raditude.

If you mention that you're AusGAF in your communications, I'll throw in free shipping.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone on OSX know of a free remote desktop app that i can use over our local network at work?

There's this one machine in the retail section with an eyetv enabled, So i'm thinking if i can remote in i can totally watch tv from my machine out the back.

Macgyver is on at 2pm people, this is critical!

Salazar

Qld-GAF, John Paul Langbroek has not merely jumped the shark. He is doing loop-the-loops around the shark.

Anna Bligh's media briefings during the flood and cyclone caused the tourism downturn.

I kid you not.

Bernbaum

Salazar said:
Qld-GAF, John Paul Langbroek has not merely jumped the shark. He is doing loop-the-loops around the shark.

Anna Bligh's media briefings during the flood and cyclone caused the tourism downturn.

I kid you not.
Now that the post-flood boom for Bligh's ratings are wavering, I'm remembering how terrible a job JPL is doing against a government that is doing a fine job of making themselves unelectable.

Um, Salazar, don't you have connections to the Federal Liberal party?

Salazar

Bernbaum said:
Um, Salazar, don't you have connections to the Federal Liberal party?

If furious contempt can be accounted a connection, then yes.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm about halfway through Darksiders. Should I finish it or start on Batman: Arkham Asylum?

Quit and start Batman. I got sick of Darksiders after about halfway.

Seriously guys, some of the stuff is still going for a dollar and two games haven't seen any bids at all.

OH MY GOD! WE'RE HAVING A FIRE..... sale:
Some low, low bids there. Placed a few bids that are still way too low for the quality of games involved, do people still snipe at the last moment? Metroid Prime 2 is worthy of more than $10

The guys at work watch stuff through VLC but I've never asked them since I don't have my own station (aholes got to watch the ashes while I was doing all the damn work).

Also with Packer pulling back from Ten reminds me that they should can the damn news block and show 3 hours of classic Simpsons. Keep 7pm project though as Hughesy needs work.

Battlefield 3 looks fantastic, might be the game that I spend more than 40 minutes in multiplayer with. Crysis 2 lulz keep coming and it is quite funny that EA is showing up the DX9 only Crysis 2 only 3 weeks before release with all this DX11 only Battlefield 3 stuff

Mar

evlcookie said:
Anyone on OSX know of a free remote desktop app that i can use over our local network at work?

There's this one machine in the retail section with an eyetv enabled, So i'm thinking if i can remote in i can totally watch tv from my machine out the back.

I use Cord. I wouldn't imagine any remote desktop app would stream through video very well though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
I use Cord. I wouldn't imagine any remote desktop app would stream through video very well though.

Edit: Upon some more googling it seems like osx has vnc built in and i could view a desktop with ichat or the finder.

Might have to mess with those tomorrow.

Danoss

evlcookie said:
I thought there was a built in osx remote desktop solution but it looks like you have to buy it now or something?
Screen sharing? As long as it's enabled on the host machine, it's fine. On the remote machine open a browser and punch in vnc://ip_address and you're golden. Unless something has changed, this is what I used to use.

Mar

Ended up having 410 points, so just enough for PMCEDX.

Game is pretty great, though it feels kind of... too easy. It could have done without the bombs I think, there's no challenge to the game as it is.

Though it's nice to play a game and not feel annoyed at the end of the night.

Agyar said:
Dragon Age 2 soon, there are pubs inside the video game.

Yeah, should finally place my order with 365games. The only issue is that I keep adding other games I want and the total is well over $200 by the end. How do I force myself to not buy all these games I want that are cheap by themselves but in total make a large hole in my wallet?

firstworldproblems.com

Nemesis_

I don't know how I'm going to finish Beyond Good and Evil HD, Bulletstorm and replay Dragon Age: Origins before the next one releases next week.

>_>

Deeku

Mar said:

Game is pretty great, though it feels kind of... too easy. It could have done without the bombs I think, there's no challenge to the game as it is.

It'a all about the score.

I haven't played it for a while but the best I could do was top 200 for the first course. I'm probably way down the leader board by now.

Bernbaum

Mar said:

I'd say chase the achievements and there's the game right there, but it's a pretty easy game to S-rank. Plus the leaderboard implementation could have been miles better if they'd simply included the player's score against those on his friendslist in the same way that GeoWars2RE does.

I play it with an arcade stick and it is di-vine.

Hey guys! How excellent it is that it is today today! Hurrah hurrah!

it's my birthday in 10 days. Is it stupid to be excited about your birthday? After all i've had 21 of them so far.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
Some low, low bids there. Placed a few bids that are still way too low for the quality of games involved, do people still snipe at the last moment? Metroid Prime 2 is worthy of more than $10

Stop sabotaging me I'm about to get No More Heroes for a buck

wBC7N.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of this game.

Funnily enough, that was the first game I used the GAF tag. So good on you, guys!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So the missus is away and I'm up so I can watch Iwata bomb zal droppen. I must be crazy.

If she ever asks, we were um... at a strip club or something.

;_; I'm watching that and IEM..

3 way tie in sc2 = epics.

It's confusing having both on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom