• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
There's this cute mature looking lady on the train in the morning that i wouldn't mind chatting too. Since i don't have the skills, I'm going to try and sit next to her and while she is busy being adult like reading her one flew over the crazy nest, I will whip out scott pilgrim.

If that doesn't get her wanting me then i'm all out of ideas.

I popped my head into the DA2 thread and it does seem a little nutty going by the OP. I honestly thought the demo was pretty decent, I didn't mind the combat at all. Graphically it wasn't all that outstanding, it certainly had bland moments. The biggest problem was the amount of cutscenes, Some wouldn't even let you do anything before another decided to play and that pissed me off.

I was tempted by a day 1 purchase to tide me over but now that i realise they will probably try and shovel out a bunch of random DLC, GOTY edition will do me just fine at the end of the year.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
psZKl.jpg
cQpqH.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stackboy

Shaneus said:
Anyone know the best price for Bulletstorm on PC? I've noticed a CD key site (that I've dealt with before) selling it for $25, but as you need the original CD for the install I think I'd need to find... other means of obtaining it. Sucks, but eh.

Does anyone know how retailers are able to obtain cd keys? Or is it a case of them purchasing disks and just opening the boxes and selling the keys?

Shaneus

With this particular place, they actually take photos of the box/CD cover. That's what happened with NFS:HP, anyway. 99% sure that's what happens with Bulletstorm, too.

As for how they get them so cheap, no idea. I just know that with BS apparently it was supposed to be downloadable via the EA Downloader (a la NFSHP) but that was pulled at the last minute. As it stands, you have to somehow obtain the install disc *then* put the key in via GFWL.

evlcookie said:
There's this cute mature looking lady on the train in the morning that i wouldn't mind chatting too. Since i don't have the skills, I'm going to try and sit next to her and while she is busy being adult like reading her one flew over the crazy nest, I will whip out scott pilgrim.

If that doesn't get her wanting me then i'm all out of ideas.
Read a synopsis of the book online, then sit next to her and do a quick scan of her left hand. If there's no ring on the finger, ask her about the book.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Read a synopsis of the book online, then sit next to her and do a quick scan of her left hand. If there's no ring on the finger, ask her about the book.

There's no ring on the finger, I always check that. But i don't have the confidence or even looks to simply say Hi, What's up. She is reading one flew over the cuckoo's nest, so just about everyone knows about that book.

I will continue to be socially awkward penguin and stare from a distance.

evlcookie said:
There's no ring on the finger, I always check that. But i don't have the confidence or even looks to simply say Hi, What's up. She is reading one flew over the cuckoo's nest, so just about everyone knows about that book.

I will continue to be socially awkward penguin and stare from a distance.
It's like ripping off a band-aid. I've both met girlfriends that way and gotten awkward conversations/rejections out of it. You never know if you don't try.

Your opener is: "Hi."

*she turns to look at you*

"I don't mean to interrupt, but how is that? Is it good? I've been thinking about reading it and I've heard some good things, but I didn't care for the movie so I'm not sure. I'm evlcookie by the way."

*Insert random chit chat*

"I like your watch/hairpin/handbag/bracelet/anythingthatisn'tareferencetohertits by the way. Good job picking that out, whoever gave it to you."

*Use this as a way of ferreting out whether or not she's taken. Mention that you're single*

"So this is you then? It was great meeting you - it really made the trainride home go by quick."

*Insert polite response*

"Next time you see me on the train, you should come over and say 'Hi'"

-----------

It's not that hard once you get a person talking.

Oh, and evl, before you attempt this, make sure you:

1) Have eaten tic tacs
2) Have shaved, combed your hair etc.
3) Are wearing a clean button-up shirt and your grown-up pants
4) Used anti-perspirant deoderant that morning on your pits, you back and your palms
5) Have a handkerchief about your person

hamchan

Should have bought Layton instead of Ridge Racer. Who cares if it's in Japanese, that just makes the puzzles 100x harder! Ultimate hardcore Layton!

Jintor

evlcookie said:

I'm just hoping you mean the comics

instead of

(dun dun dun)

...well, you know.

legend166

My whole theory about trying to chat up random strangers is this:

How would I feel if a girl did it to me? Now, obviously the answer to that is, 'depends if she's good looking.' Shallow, yes, but I bet you all think the same. Now, I don't think I'm ugly, but I don't think I'm attractive enough to start talking to a stranger without it seeming creepy.

rass

markot said:
Hmm.

Whats a good cheap 24 inch moniter?????

like 200bucksish lvl range.
I have a benq e2400 (I think), it was about $220 a couple of years ago and I've been happy with it.

rass said:
I have a benq e2400 (I think), it was about $220 a couple of years ago and I've been happy with it.

I picked up a BenQ G2420 for ~180 or so early last year, works well enough and was an upgrade from an old 17 inch so it was worth it imo.

legend166 said:
My whole theory about trying to chat up random strangers is this:

How would I feel if a girl did it to me? Now, obviously the answer to that is, 'depends if she's good looking.' Shallow, yes, but I bet you all think the same. Now, I don't think I'm ugly, but I don't think I'm attractive enough to start talking to a stranger without it seeming creepy.
I'd feel flattered, even if she's not attractive. Whether she's attractive or not is the difference between feeling slightly elated and walking around like I'm king of the world. I wouldn't act on it, naturally, since I am taken.

Sometimes, though, it's nice to get a bit of attention, sort of like if you get a mention in one of the many GAF-is-great-who-is-a-good-poster threads.

And you know what, sometimes people just want to talk. Many people are more open than what I'd say the majority of AusGAF posters are.

I've had plenty of nice (and plenty of interesting) conversations with random people, almost never initiated by me, and probably most of them weren't chatting me up. That or I'm totally oblivious...

legend166

codswallop said:
And you know what, sometimes people just want to talk. Many people are more open than what I'd say the majority of AusGAF posters are.

I've had plenty of nice (and plenty of interesting) conversations with random people, almost never initiated by me, and probably most of them weren't chatting me up. That or I'm totally oblivious...

Well yeah, but we're specifically talking about the chatting up part here :p

markot said:
LED is thinner, more lightweight, uses less power and has better colour definition and colour contrast than LCD. Not sure about refresh rates, lag and the like, but I imagine them to be similar.

legend166 said:
Worst case scenario is he has an awkward conversation with the woman. Best case is he gets a date out of it. Most likely outcome is some pleasant chitchat about literature.

evlcookie has very little to lose.

legend166 said:
I understand. But if things appear to be going south in the chatting up department, he can easily change tack and make it a general conversation to save some embarrassment.

Bernbaum

As much as I hate to refer to an internet meme, Courage Wolf absolutely nailed it:

You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. Fucking act like it.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
The Fury got dumped from the A-League.

Gulp.
They had a miserable season, but as a supporter of the A-League and as someone who wants to see the competition grow, there is no response to that but disappointment.

Mistake was spending so much on Robbie Fowler, when he would only play 15-20 minutes a match. They could have secured several solid players for the amount they blew on him.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
people actually chat up random strangers nowadays? that's very 90s, nowadays we have apps for that.

legend166

Bernbaum said:
They had a miserable season, but as a supporter of the A-League and as someone who wants to see the competition grow, there is no response to that but disappointment.

Mistake was spending so much on Robbie Fowler, when he would only play 15-20 minutes a match. They could have secured several solid players for the amount they blew on him.

Honestly, I thought the initial decision to expand after what, 4 seasons? was stupid. Especially to places like North Queensland and the Gold Coast.

Salazar

Mush said:
A League: DERP SOCCER FOOTBALL IS GOING TO TAKE OVER RUGBY LEAGUE AND THE AFL THERE JUST YOU SEE

League and AFL are both mutant, primitive twins of union and Gaelic football. Football will outlive them.

Stinking hot weather today. Going out for dinner tonight, and the temperature had better drop.

Gazunta said:
The day I decided once and for all QANTM was a pile of shit was the day I went in and the teacher decided to just make us all watch the bonus 'Making of' Metal Gear Solid 2 videos that came with the game. It cost me $20 to go to class that day. I was not happy.

Yes, qantm sucks. But why did it cost you $20 to go to the city?

Clipper

Cross-posting from the Japanese 3DS launch thread...

VOOK said:
Boken said:
VOOK is one of the luckiest men in Australia.
I don't know about lucky, I bought this one myself.

Though I did win an Aussie one.. kinda lucky I guess :)
How did you win that, VOOK? I assume you posted here already, but it must have been during my recent forced hiatus from the Internet and I missed it.

jambo

Listening to a Goa Psy Trance mix and I had a look at who put it together.

NeoGoa & UAF Records

NeoGoa & UAF

NeoGoa UAF

NeoGAF

dun dun DUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom