• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Danoss said:
Anyone else made an NRL Dreamteam this year? I haven't done it before and figured I'd give it a go for a bit of fun.

I've also set up a league for people to join at the last minute. I posted it on another forum as well, hoping there may be enough numbers to fill it.

Anyway, the League Invite Code is: 657880

Posted some of this in the NRL thread (aka ghost town), thought I'd throw it in here in case anyone is interested.
I'm already in a Daily Telegraph/Courier Mail league, so I'll try and see if I can copy my team over to the NRL.com version.

edit: Apparently player values aren't the same. I actually have to think about this. 1 hour til lockout..

Danoss

HolyCheck said:
2nd time on the same xbox
I love how they tell you once they fix a console that has red ringed, it won't happen again. Then it does.

user_nat said:
Apparently player values aren't the same. I actually have to think about this. 1 hour til lockout.
Yeah, it's surprising, especially since they're using the same setup. A mate of mine was in Supercoach, but made the change to Dreamteam. Good luck either way. :)

Danoss said:
Anyone else made an NRL Dreamteam this year? I haven't done it before and figured I'd give it a go for a bit of fun.

I've also set up a league for people to join at the last minute. I posted it on another forum as well, hoping there may be enough numbers to fill it.

Anyway, the League Invite Code is: 657880

Posted some of this in the NRL thread (aka ghost town), thought I'd throw it in here in case anyone is interested.

I have won about $2000 dollars from this (weekly wins are only worth 500 now i think which sucks), also came in the top 200 last year.

Can't wait for the start of the season.

Danoss

AdventureRacing said:
I have won about $2000 dollars from this (weekly wins are only worth 500 now i think which sucks), also came in the top 200 last year.

Can't wait for the start of the season.
Nicely done man, that's very impressive! Join us!

37 mins until the season starts.

Agyar

Just ordered Total War: Shogun 2 from Ozgameshop. Limited Edition with extra DLC is 42.99 versus 89.95 for the standard edition on Steam. It's Steamworks, so other than delivery it's essentially the same thing for half the price.

Agyar said:
Just ordered Total War: Shogun 2 from Ozgameshop. Limited Edition with extra DLC is 42.99 versus 89.95 for the standard edition on Steam. It's Steamworks, so other than delivery it's essentially the same thing for half the price.
But hats!

Cohsae

BanShunsaku said:
20 mins into the first game of the season, and I'm already feeling the urge to rip Gus Gould's throat out.

Also, come on you chooks!
Gus Gould is the greatest
Also, come on you chooks!

Jintor

Choc said:
51387951.jpg

this is an amazing ad for homefront and it had me and a few others going thinking NK had attacked due to the location on youtube, the fact its hillary talking and there is no mention of homefront at the start of the video

I think it's a fucking terrible ad. It feels extremely exploitative.

I know it was up earlier today but given that we just had a fucking massive earthquake off the coast of Japan with potential ramifications for the entire Pacific area Youtube should at least temporarily nix that damn ad.

Salazar

Jintor said:
I think it's a fucking terrible ad. It feels extremely exploitative.

Yep. As if they hadn't already made a childish gaffe promoting the game - which looks remarkably tedious. Someone with low intelligence and low blood-sugar brainstormed their marketing.

Grabbed Dragon Age 2. I never played the first.

Salazar said:
Yep. As if they hadn't already made a childish gaffe promoting the game - which looks remarkably tedious. Someone with low intelligence and low blood-sugar brainstormed their marketing.

Grabbed Dragon Age 2. I never played the first.
Don't read any media related to the game. If you are playing on PC grab the Hi Res texture pack from Biowares site

Salazar said:
I am the grubbiest of console peasants, and am indifferent to the bitching I've read so far.
I had no idea they released a version for Sega CD ;)

DA2 is a good game but you can tell it was rushed. I would love to see a postmortem but there is enough chat coming out already that I wouldn't be surprised to hear some more moaning by the end of the month. I wish I had held out for a GOTY edition though.

my wife took it upon herself to replace my dead launch 360 with a new Slim w 250 GB drive and Kinect. The EB bundle with Bulletstorm for $546 was the best deal we could find.

she is awesome.

now to get some HDMI cables. I also bought a bluray player earlier in the week (backup for the wrong console- I started killzone 3 today and took me a while to realise i didn't control the thing with the blu ray remote.

me- "Hi I'd like that sony Bluray player"
salesman- sure, would you like an overpriced HDMI cable?
me-"No."
salesman- "Would you like an extended warranty that's impossible to claim on?"
me- "Would you like to go fuck yourself?"
salesman- "I had that coming."

turns out i do want some HDMI cables, just not $50+ ones.

ClivePwned said:
my wife took it upon herself to replace my dead launch 360 with a new Slim w 250 GB drive and Kinect. The EB bundle with Bulletstorm for $546 was the best deal we could find.

she is awesome.

now to get some HDMI cables. I also bought a bluray player earlier in the week (backup for the wrong console- I started killzone 3 today and took me a while to realise i didn't control the thing with the blu ray remote.

me-"No."

Yup, both my cables (and a PC HDMI cable) were less than $5 posted off ebay. There is a descriptive chart somewhere explaining how retarded it is to charge $100 for a cable that works just as well as a $1 one.

Jintor

ClivePwned said:
me-"No."

I'd laugh if the salesguy actually said those things, but I suspect you're paraphrasing

Axiom

Dragon Age 2 is the greatest example of community mismanagement I've seen since Derek Smart.

I am LOVING the game, enjoy the changes and am playing it on the PC. But the amazing amount of negativity every time I read anything about it is making the experience worse.

The clusterfuck that is this combined with the now traditionally messed up attempts to market Bioware games to dudebros is just mindboggling in the sheer weight of backlash that has only snowballed since the release.

Hell I'm even loving the Facebook game, and that's a goddamn Facebook game. Now granted, it's no Echo Bazaar, but that's like complaining that guilty pleasure fast food isn't as good as nectar from the gods.

When it comes to fitness games on the Kinect, I figured like with Rock Band, Dance Central will be great once the sequel comes out - whereas a bland fitness game, it'll keep people happy and I won't have to upgrade it in a year.

Salazar

RandomVince said:
and dont complain on the EA forums if you hate the game

If I don't like it, I'll just add it to the enormous stack I am amassing to trade in - possibly to offset the purchase of a 3DS.

Salazar said:
If I don't like it, I'll just add it to the enormous stack I am amassing to trade in
He was referring to the guy who was banned from the BioWare forums for bitching. His EA account was banned, meaning he couldn't play Dragon Age 2.

Danoss

codswallop said:
He was referring to the guy who was banned from the BioWare forums for bitching. His EA account was banned, meaning he couldn't play Dragon Age 2.
Wow, I never knew that happened. What a bunch of scum, a guy hates on your game so as a large company the best course of action is to steal his money? Right on.

Danoss said:
Wow, I never knew that happened. What a bunch of scum, a guy hates on your game so as a large company the best course of action is to steal his money? Right on.
72 hour ban only but yes it is insane to stop someone accessing their games that they paid $60 for and supported your company just because they make a negative comment on a forum. All you uni bums better not bad mouth Centrelink on here! They are watching!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Danoss said:
to be completely fair, had he activated the game already he would have been ok playing it. I'm not suggesting he deserved to be locked out of his game, I'm saying that this culmination of a few systems was probably unforeseen within EA management.

I mean, knock them for incompetence, but not for being, you know, dastardly and moustache-twirling, because I doubt they meant for this to happen.

Rez said:
to be completely fair, had he activated the game already he would have been ok playing it. I'm not suggesting he deserved to be locked out of his game, I'm saying that this culmination of a few systems was probably unforeseen within EA management.

I mean, knock them for incompetence, but not for being, you know, dastardly and moustache-twirling, because I doubt they meant for this to happen.
Nope, it is part of their terms and conditions. Read the post at the end of this thread.

Omi said:
At least the baby room is ready to go....even if I am not. :p

197570_10150206359712782_678157781_8961475_3117330_n.jpg
Awesome work. My son hated his mobile though :( Also make sure you take all the teddy's out of the cot when s/he goes down for a nap, big no no for the first few months. Also according to The Simpsons you need to hide a bottle of liquor and a rifle somewhere in the cot.

Danoss

Omi said:
At least the baby room is ready to go....even if I am not. :p
Awesome room, wish I had something like that as a young kid.

I wonder if the Goomba will give him nightmares.

reptilescorpio said:
Nope, it is part of their terms and conditions. Read the post at the end of this thread.
They linked the ability to ban on a forum with the ability to ban access to games on purpose. They sure thought that one through.

I'm glad I don't like Bioware games.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
Awesome work. My son hated his mobile though :( Also make sure you take all the teddy's out of the cot when s/he goes down for a nap, big no no for the first few months. Also according to The Simpsons you need to hide a bottle of liquor and a rifle somewhere in the cot.

Cheers, yeah, the toys are getting turfed when he arrives. Pretty sure the other half has them in there purely for aesthetic reasons. :p

@Danoss - I hope not. lol.

@Bern - Hah! We shall see.

Meh, I've been avoiding all the DAII bullshit and actually playing the game.

I'm about 9 hours in, and it's fucking great.

Haters gonna hate etc

Bernbaum

Idle Thumbs fans - following on from GDC, Jake Rodkin is in Boston for PAX East.

I believe a Boston-recorded Thumbs episode with Rodkin, Gaynor and Remo is a likely reality.

Kritz

Banned
BanShunsaku said:

Haters gonna hate etc

I'm enjoying the game kinda. Except it seems to be crashing oodles in certain areas. Not sure what the cause is yet. :(

Nemesis_

BanShunsaku said:

Haters gonna hate etc

It's good, but you can't deny that a bunch of extra areas akin to the original would've made it so much better.

I love the new combat system and simplified equipment management though. Just the lack of areas really.

Axiom

I rather like Kirkwall as a hub, every time I think I'm done with all the side-quests - something else opens up. I just love how it plays like Dragon Age, but has a snap to it.

My main issues mostly relate to PC bugs, I keep getting random hangs that don't go away unless I alt-tab out and back, I can't stay logged into the EA servers for the life of me and every time I start up the game it keeps telling me to insert a disc three times before remembering that the game doesn't need a disc.

In comparison to DA:O, what I find a proper let-down is the fact quest dungeons are far less crafted to suit the quest. I've run into nothing akin to the mage temple that then segues into a massive nightmare world, defending a hub town from a zombie invasion or really much reward at all for exploring inside a dungeon.

Exploring dungeons in DA:O netted you optional bosses, new quests, items and upgrades. The best I've seen so far is you pick up an item, it gives you a quest, you return it and get some money. There's no actual real content hidden away to find anymore, and I like that in my RPGs.

Salazar

codswallop said:

Yeah, I know.

I've never played online though, and never bought even a scrap of DLC, so I am hoping that I never get that badly fucked.

Kritz

Banned
Kritz said:
I'm enjoying the game kinda. Except it seems to be crashing oodles in certain areas. Not sure what the cause is yet. :(

Updayte: Was caused by AMD's 5800 drivers not working properly with DA2. The beta 10.14 drivers fix it.

Frawdder

Dirt 2 video game night tonight at 7:45pm (subject to change without notice).

PC, of course. Be there and get rammed off the the track by Kritz.

Install Mumble because we will be using that and join Steam chat so you can join the channel and the game.

DO IT!!

Bernbaum

I'm off to watch a postmodern reinterpretation of William Shakespeare's 'Julius Caeser' that has been advertised with posters featuring young sexy actors wearing loungesuits and cocktail dresses wielding kitchen knives.

God speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom