• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Bernbaum said:
I'm off to watch a postmodern reinterpretation of William Shakespeare's 'Julius Caeser' that has been advertised with posters featuring young sexy actors wearing loungesuits and cocktail dresses wielding kitchen knives.

God speed...

lol.

You are a braver (and sillier) man than I. I remember bailing at the interval of a modernised Romeo & Juliet. It was horrifically poor.

Regarding DAII, I am—I'm afraid—going to have to join the AGAINST chorus.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
I'm off to watch a postmodern reinterpretation of William Shakespeare's 'Julius Caeser' that has been advertised with posters featuring young sexy actors wearing loungesuits and cocktail dresses wielding kitchen knives.

God speed...

Oh I saw that advertised a while ago and had intended to go. Let me know how it is. It's at La Boite isn't it?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Welp, bussed to my dads house to stay the night forgot my key.. got here.. no ones home.. and wont be til late tonight ;_;

thankfully I have my laptop and DS on me.. lets hope my weeks of camping in NZ have prepared me for sitting in my front lawn all night

HolyCheck said:
Welp, bussed to my dads house to stay the night forgot my key.. got here.. no ones home.. and wont be til late tonight ;_;

thankfully I have my laptop and DS on me.. lets hope my weeks of camping in NZ have prepared me for sitting in my front lawn all night
Break a window to get in. Say it was like that when you got there. Now you are thinking with Portals!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reptilescorpio said:
Break a window to get in. Say it was like that when you got there. Now you are thinking with Portals!

lol you're full of horrible ideas!

i will just chip away at becoming a pokemon master once the laptop goes flat

got my mp3 player too, thankfully I grabbed a small sausage roll in the city to eat as up til that point I hadnt eaten all day and was starving!

HolyCheck said:
lol you're full of horrible ideas!

i will just chip away at becoming a pokemon master once the laptop goes flat

got my mp3 player too, thankfully I grabbed a small sausage roll in the city to eat as up til that point I hadnt eaten all day and was starving!

Use dig.

If I was stuck outside with a laptop full of my stuff I would spend the next 2 hours meticulously organising my music into it's proper folders (and never listening to it). If I SOMEHOW got through all that I would probably start reading those lecture slides for uni that are sitting around looking all forlorn and disappointed in me.

Having a brand new videogame is a godsend though, every bad situation is instantly lifted if you are holding a 10+ hour untouched experience waiting to go off in your hands. singleplayer only though, don't fall down that multiplayer rabbithole. Lost too many friends to the Wow/Cod demon.

Juicy Bob

G'day AusGAF.

Are there any spider experts here? I've been finding a lot of these (spider) around the house recently. They are tiny, really tiny - smaller than the nail on my little finger. This one was hiding on my bath towel in the bathroom.

I tried to search for them online but I'm not having any luck. I'm just interested to know what they are and where they might be coming from and why.

I'm in South Australia, by the way.

Axiom

Quick question. My iphone 3G is just sitting there being old and unloved, what should I do with it?

Can you get cash for such things? Trade it in anywhere? Break it on camera for a free Xperia Play?

Gazunta

Bought a Kinect today.

I don't hate it.

At least the games I've played with it use colors besides brown and grey, thats always nice to see.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The brown and grey next-gen PS360 games thing is getting really old and more than a little invalid in the year 2011.

hirokazu

Axiom said:
Quick question. My iphone 3G is just sitting there being old and unloved, what should I do with it?

Can you get cash for such things? Trade it in anywhere? Break it on camera for a free Xperia Play?
Give it to someone who needs a phone but doesn't need the latest? Chuck it in a mobile phone recycling collection bin?

Gazunta

Rez said:
The brown and grey next-gen PS360 games thing is getting really old and more than a little invalid in the year 2011.
This thread has talked about nothing but Dragon Age 2 for the past three pages.

Agyar

Axiom said:

3Gs are still worth a reasonable amount on eBay etc. I think a guy at work was telling me he recently sold his 3G for a couple of hundred (not sure on the exact amount but I remember being surprised at how much it was).

Kirby102

Axiom said:

I'll gladly take it :D Though I'm quite poor too... :(

But yeah, generally they still go for quite a bit.

Then again, Apple has stopped supporting 3Gs from iOS 4.3 and above aren't they?

Axiom

The wi-fi on it is iffy lately and since it's the only thing to have the issue I'm assuming it's the device. It's to the point where I can no longer reliably use it as my 'reading before bed' device (The 'Awful Star Wars Novels' megathread on Something Awful puts me out like a light) so I'd rather not sell a potentially faulty product it to a fellow consumer. Though I assume the phone part still works well, I've not used it as anything but a mini-ipad for a long time.

I should probably take it to an Apple store, but it's off contract and out of warranty, so fixing it I assume would not be worth the cost and I don't know of anywhere where you can 'put it towards' another device.

Anyway thanks for the ideas, certainly no plans to stick it in the bin though.

Choc

Banned
For those of you who follow NFL football or even care its played and like the superbowl

as of midnight last night US time the NFL is officially on lockout.

2011 season has never seemed in such danger. The NFL lockout is huge for the sport :|

players can't train, coaches can't talk to players, clubs can't sign or re-sign players, medical expenses are not covered for players just to name a few things

:|

HolyCheck said:
POKEMANZ!!!

I would be talking about DA2 if my precious pokemans hadn't come out
just got the fifth badge: easiest battle ever when you have just one water pokemon.
That and the price on steam makes me angry, guess ill be waiting for the deluxe super special etc edition (or a steam sale).

Choc

Banned
its a labor dispute between the owners and the players

in Americas dumb laws the Owners are allowed to lock up the business and not pay anyone if there is a labor dispute

hence lockout

Axiom said:

I sold my 3G on Ebay about 4 months ago for $360 :)

If it's in good condition (ie no scratches on screen) and you have all the original packaging, you will get well over $200 for it.

legend166 said:
de blob 2 was a bomba :(
hopefully it has long legs, I plan on eventually picking it up for the move.

In other news the gf and I got a village gold class gift card for Xmas, emailed them about seeing Rango in gold class but they said they weren't planning on showing it so we settled on the adjustment bureau. Turned up for the 4pm session expecting it to be quiet but they had apparently just soldout. After being told we should have booked online (for a $5 fee per ticket) I asked if it could be used on regular tickets. Instead of the $80 card buying 2 gold class tickets (WTF pricing) it cost half that for regular tickets to an empty theatre for Rango plus 2 massive drinks, 2 massive choc tops (boysenberry beauty) and a jumbo coke. No wonder people download movies, a third world kid could live like a king on that kind of cash. Rango was awesome, wouldn't say it is a kids movie at all, can't wait to see it on glourious bluray.

Went to our favourite Japanese restaurant and had the standard awesome food and awesome service. if you are ever in Geelong make sure to grab some food from Hi Sushi, get a great meal for like ten bucks, prefer it to any other foodery I've ever been to.

Since we had left the boy at a friends place we went to a nice spot overlooking the countryside on the west of Geelong for a nice sunset. Asked her to marry me and slipped a shiny diamond on her finger. She seemed kinda pleased, hopefully the tears were of joy and not from knowing she was now stuck with me for the rest of her life.

Sucks balls I have to work tomorrow with everyone else bragging about there plans for tomorrow, my work ethic shall be at half mast.

Salazar said:
Congratulations.

I am more jealous about the vast choc top than the engagement. But I realise the splendour of the thing.
First time at Village Cinema's and I gotta say that the screens/seats/general setup is worse than the cheaper Readings that I always went to but the food is much cheaper and bigger. The choc tops were huge and tasted amazing, my gf usually hates ice cream after 3-4 bites but she loved it as much as me. Didn't melt in my hands or anything! $19 for 2 jumbo drinks, 2 choc tops and 1 jumbo jumbo popcorn.

Caramello

Top Gear Live was pretty great, saw the 3DS there also, didn't bother playing it but the 3D effect was fantastic!

Now the Grand Prix in two weeks.. March is like an explosion of car awesomeness :D

Bernbaum

Holy wow at the engagement reptilescorpio! You must have been nervous as hell throughout the entire screening of the film! Bet you'll forever remember the day you proposed whenever you watch or think of Rango from now on. I dumped a girl after taking her to see Blood Diamond and that movie reminds me of how nervous I was throughout the film but for different reasons - spent the majority of the film trying to think of the best way to drop her - in the end I just kind of mumbled "you know what, I think we're done, my train is this way" and that was that. Haven't watched Blood Diamond since.

Your story is much nicer.

Caramello said:
Top Gear Live was pretty great, saw the 3DS there also, didn't bother playing it but the 3D effect was fantastic!

Now the Grand Prix in two weeks.. March is like an explosion of car awesomeness :D
Saw that in Brisbane. We were laughing beforehand that they'd try to Aussie it up with some Holden and Ford Utes. Guess what - they Aussied it up with Holden and Ford Utes. Good show, although I'd have preferred more nice cars and less gimmicky stuff but it was fun.

Today's day at the football was insane. Such a long, intense emotional experience followed by sheer euphoria at the win. Can't fucking believe how the game panned out but we were pumped for a big one. I got all painted up and feel like I have to share it with AusGAF. The equalizing goal at the eleventh hour and everyone on their feet for the penalty shootout is one of the most amazing experiences ever. I'm exhausted and all I did was alternate between sitting and standing and screaming my lungs out.

Salazar

lol.

I will admit that I thought the Roar were cooked. Arnold gently cursing when they equalised was sad and hilarious in more or less equal measure.

Danoss

Choc said:
and that my friends is why football is the greatest game on earth

what a match
I agree

imnz1u.png

In light of the stupid comment made by an Aussie working on Black Mesa, do people really feel that way about the Japanese? I certainly haven't heard the same outpouring of concern that was shown during the NZ earthquake and most people I know talk poop about the New Zealanders. I thought the Japanese would be well liked especially because of how generous they are in times of need. Sure they did indeed bomb Pearl Harbour as people are saying but do people really think of it so simply? Isn't WW2 discussed in history classes? Will Black Mesa ever be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom