• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Clipper said:
So thanks to Wikipedia, I discovered it's:

Adelaide Cup in South Australia,
Canberra Day in the ACT,
Eight Hours Day in Tassie and
Labour Day in Victoria

Hmm.. does that really cover "most of us"? BrisGaf+SydGaf is a pretty large contingent IIRC.

Edit: QLD and NSW instead get the Labour/May Day weekend in May, which nobody else seems to get.
Look at all them dirty mexicans taking extra long siestas.

Clipper

OK, if we use Wikipedia population numbers on the States and Territories of Australia page for population, then we get:

SA+Tas+Vic+ACT = 8.1 million

WA+QLD+NSW+NT = 14.3 million

Shaneus' "most of us" comment proven wrong (assuming AusGAF is proportionally distributed).

Edit: also I was wrong on the Labour/May Day thing. It's QLD/NT that get that, not QLD/NSW. We don't get any real make-up day to compare to this March/May extravaganza of the other states and territories... boo!

Shaneus

Apologies folks, I thought it was one of those ones where most of the country has it off. Turns out only the most important ones do :p
codswallop said:
Labour Day for Victoria. WA had it recently, yes?

Beautiful sunny day in Melbourne, which means walking around the Uni campus is a lovely thing indeed. Also, I found two bucks. Score!
I just went for a walk around the CBD... fucking amazing weather, perfect breeze and temperature and the talent was, as always, grouse.

Hope it holds up for the music festival I'm going to on Sunday. Shame I'll be sober, but whatever.

Kritz

Banned
IEqsDl.jpg

I love a lecturer with a sense of humour. Said anyone who got a piece if paper with their student ID on it got a free 1%. Commence hundreds of balls of paper raining down.

Ydahs

^ lmao, which uni is that at?

VOOK said:
Tell him to get stuffed, if you sell it out to anyone make sure they keep you on as a programmer. No point putting all that work in to just have it taken off you for a single sum.
Of course not. I plan on staying solo for as long as I can!

In somewhat related news, my app is nearing completion :eek:

Just posted another preview here!

Kritz said:
http://i.imgur.com/IEqsDl.jpg[img]

I love a lecturer with a sense of humour. Said anyone who got a piece if paper with their student ID on it got a free 1%. Commence hundreds of balls of paper raining down.[/QUOTE]

But did you get the 1%?

jambo

Weather in Adelaide is great atm too.

Had lunch at The Elephant, a beautiful beef schnitty with gravy and salad. Then I dropped past the comic store to pick up this weeks releases.

And long weekend coming up! =D

Omikron

In a long line of stupid excuses for messing with client databases and data, one of our support personnel was looking at a table of data @ a clients site and thought the data 'looked wrong' (in his words.)

And deleted it.

FML.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
So thanks to Wikipedia, I discovered it's:

Adelaide Cup in South Australia,
Canberra Day in the ACT,
Eight Hours Day in Tassie and
Labour Day in Victoria

Hmm.. does that really cover "most of us"? BrisGaf+SydGaf is a pretty large contingent IIRC.

Edit: QLD and NSW NT instead get the Labour/May Day weekend in May, which nobody else seems to get.

FUCK THE NSW GOVERNMENT IN THE ARSE

Ydahs

Omi said:
Yeah, probably. Just more annoying as the guy knows he shouldn't mess with it before consulting a dev. Meh. My mug best describes the situation.

[ IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/omi1981/DumbPeople.png[/IMG]
+1 for silver WinXP

jambo

Omi said:
Yeah, probably. Just more annoying as the guy knows he shouldn't mess with it before consulting a dev. Meh.

Yeah I figured, but it does suck. People at work often push the wrong thing and delete stuff, but I can't imagine trained IT staff doing it!

Ydahs

Choc said:
shady try it on ipad :)

also seriously you need to get on the android train :)
I would but I don't have one. All I can do is run it in the simulator :(

And Android relies on Java right? Don't know any Java at all, but when I do I'll jump right on :D

Choc

Banned
51387951.jpg

this is an amazing ad for homefront and it had me and a few others going thinking NK had attacked due to the location on youtube, the fact its hillary talking and there is no mention of homefront at the start of the video

Choc

Banned
Ydahs said:
I would but I don't have one. All I can do is run it in the simulator :(

And Android relies on Java right? Don't know any Java at all, but when I do I'll jump right on :D

yes ag indeed

also, shady you can get apps for cheap that turn ios into android very easily and quickly :)

jambo

Hahaha just won an eBay battle with a mate.

He found a copy of Mario Kart DS for $12.00 and sent me the link. I instantly bid $12.50, then he bid $13.00 and I bid $13.50. We left it for a while until it had 11 seconds left, where he bid $14.00. Luckily I bid $14.50 with 5 seconds left and won!

xD

markot

Banned
Choc said:
51387951.jpg

this is an amazing ad for homefront and it had me and a few others going thinking NK had attacked due to the location on youtube, the fact its hillary talking and there is no mention of homefront at the start of the video
I want the game to be good, but I dunno >_< the reviews and it seems like just a cod clone... And that is a pretty great ad.

giri

jambo said:
Hahaha just won an eBay battle with a mate.

He found a copy of Mario Kart DS for $12.00 and sent me the link. I instantly bid $12.50, then he bid $13.00 and I bid $13.50. We left it for a while until it had 11 seconds left, where he bid $14.00. Luckily I bid $14.50 with 5 seconds left and won!

xD
Your some mate, Pal.

Omikron

Choc said:
aren't you supposed to be smoking cigars right now?

Baby is engaged ready to go... just the waiting. He can stay in there as long as he wants considering the due date is a month away! Kinda freaked me out yesterday! lol.

(People construed my comment incorrectly the other day... should have been more explicit.) :p

So I live in Victoria and I have to work on Monday. Sucks balls. Shall be a half arsed effort from me. Also Stella is a fine beer, snobs (but yes Yak is the best of the 3).

jambo

I'll be at Future Music Festival on Monday, gonna be a great day too, 27 and sunny!

giri said:
Your some mate, Pal.

It's ok, he's been sending me links to DS games for weeks now, plus we found a Buy It Now Mario Kart DS for $14.00 5 minutes later.

markot

Banned
jambo said:
I'll be at Future Music Festival on Monday, gonna be a great day too, 27 and sunny!

It's ok, he's been sending me links to DS games for weeks now, plus we found a Buy It Now Mario Kart DS for $14.00 5 minutes later.
Buying DS games from Ebay is a shortcut to Pirate City!

Choc

Banned
4:31pm Australia's anti-smoking credentials go up in smoke as the Future Fund invests $148 million in shares of tobacco companies.

wtf!

Danoss

Anyone else made an NRL Dreamteam this year? I haven't done it before and figured I'd give it a go for a bit of fun.

I've also set up a league for people to join at the last minute. I posted it on another forum as well, hoping there may be enough numbers to fill it.

Anyway, the League Invite Code is: 657880

Posted some of this in the NRL thread (aka ghost town), thought I'd throw it in here in case anyone is interested.

markot

Banned
Lots of DS games on the ebays are not... official. My sister got a pokemon mystery dungeon for her kid awhile back, looks legit in every single way, the only way that we knew it was a pirate copy was that it didnt work on DSi's, just old DS units...

Agyar

Choc said:
4:31pm Australia's anti-smoking credentials go up in smoke as the Future Fund invests $148 million in shares of tobacco companies.

wtf!

It's an interesting issue, because the Future Fund's mandate doesn't include any direction to invest or not invest in industries such as tobacco products. If there's enough public furor over these investments that the Governtment alters the mandate to include what is essentially a socially responsible investment strategy what other industries and particular investments would be off the cards.

Bernbaum

Unnecessary gloating time.

Spent the day eating muffins. Got pulled into the boss's office before we disappeared to the pub and naturally I assume I'm in some sort of trouble. Pay rise and a corporate bonus.

I have Pocky to buy.

HolyCheck said:
Being serious I would check with Microsoft first to see if they will replace/fix it. If they won't do it for free you should be able to find someone in you nearest Capital City who would fix it for less than $100. If you don't want to do that you can sell it on forums/ebay for people who will fix it themselves or use it for parts to go towards the cost of a new one.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
Bugger, first time?
2nd time on the same xbox

reptilescorpio said:
Being serious I would check with Microsoft first to see if they will replace/fix it. If they won't do it for free you should be able to find someone in you nearest Capital City who would fix it for less than $100. If you don't want to do that you can sell it on forums/ebay for people who will fix it themselves or use it for parts to go towards the cost of a new one.
yeah, we've got two in the house, ones mine ones my step dads (it was my step dads that red ringed) my disc drives been a bit on edge so i'd been sitting her away to save for mass effect 3, but we made the swap, hopefully the disc drive holds up!

not worth paying the $100 since we have the spare, will see if soft to see if they'll fix it, if not we might try it ourselves as its better than just using it as a paper weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom