• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
jambo said:
r0YmI.jpg

Madden, BUST-A-MOVE, Steel Diver and Samurai Warrior are deal breakers?

Samurai Warriors is a launch game, Puzzle Bobble Universe is out April 21st.

jambo said:
r0YmI.jpg

It's not about the launch games. I'm only getting Lego Star Wars at launch. It's about the Henry Hatsworths, the Phoenix Wrights, the Trauma Centers, the Radiant Historias, the 999s and all those other really niche titles that get released in the US but not here. Since the 3DS has region locking capability, I'm not taking the chance.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
It's not about the launch games. I'm only getting Lego Star Wars at launch. It's about the Henry Hatsworths, the Phoenix Wrights, the Trauma Centers, the Radiant Historias, the 999s and all those other really niche titles that get released in the US but not here. Since the 3DS has region locking capability, I'm not taking the chance.
I hadn't even considered this. Great point.

VOOK

You're screwed either way though, there's about the same amount of games that didn't come to the US that Europe got.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
And as your right as a consumer you're allowed to.

I'm buying a 3DS from every region so I can choose where to buy my games and when. It sucks, and it's quite dumb because the 3DS will probably get hacked one day - but for now that's what I, you gotta do.

The only games we're missing out on from launch is Pilotwings and Steel Diver (which so is Japan and Europe). Pilotwings is two weeks later (which is an unhealthy precidient).

Oh and Madden, but I doubt anyone here gives a shit about that.

Vook steel diver is out tommorow (unless the disaster has stopped it)

Clipper

Gazunta said:
Taking suggestions for games to do Old Videogame Jokes about
I haven't seen a good Lemmings gag in a while...

I'm sure you could come up with something for Commander Keen too (provided it isn't TOO early).

VOOK

Steel Diver got delayed in Japan until 'TBA'. It's not out in Europe on launch or Australia, both with 'TBA' too. America is the only one getting it on launch.

Mar

Rez said:
so much trash.

Not a single game in that list is in the least bit interesting.

Then again, let's be honest. There probably isn't a game they could put on that device that would convince me to buy it. Even trusted "oh god they're making another one of those give it to me all over my face and chest" games don't interest me anymore, I've been burnt too many times. Metroid is shit now, Zelda is mediocre, Castlevania is hit and miss (LoS was fantastic but you aren't fitting that on a non HD system), Monkey Ball is now shit. There's just nothing publishers and devs can get me foaming at the mouth over anymore as they've all ran their franchises into the ground when it comes to 'casual' devices.

Ok I lie. Last Ninja 4 would do it.

Deeku

Same reason why I've preorered a US unit. Got Nintendogs and Pilotwings.

VOOK said:
You're screwed either way though, there's about the same amount of games that didn't come to the US that Europe got.
Yeah, but that's stuff like 100 Books, Another Code, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Jam With The Band. A lot of it is either really bland, just worth it for fans of the series or it doesn't get localised until the end of the generation. One or two of them you have to import anyway because NAL won't bring some of it over.

Kritz

Banned
Mar said:
Not a single game in that list is in the least bit interesting.

Then again, let's be honest. There probably isn't a game they could put on that device that would convince me to buy it. Even trusted "oh god they're making another one of those give it to me all over my face and chest" games don't interest me anymore, I've been burnt too many times. Metroid is shit now, Zelda is mediocre, Castlevania is hit and miss (LoS was fantastic but you aren't fitting that on a non HD system), Monkey Ball is now shit. There's just nothing publishers and devs can get me foaming at the mouth over anymore as they've all ran their franchises into the ground when it comes to 'casual' devices.

Ok I lie. Last Ninja 4 would do it.
Megaman 11, Contra 5, Newer Super Mario Bros 3DS, Punch-out!! and Awesome Original Property. All within this year, with another Zelda and Metroid game on the way.

/hasn't cared about Nintendo since the 1980s.

Gazunta

I really want the 3DS Ghost Recon game.

The idea of paying $70 for a video game is now so alien to me I doubt I'll bother.

Bernbaum

I just flew all the way to Perth on 4 hours of sleep to give a science talk to uni students and I haven't prepared a thing.

I'm sure I'll wing it...

VOOK

Gazunta said:
I really want the 3DS Ghost Recon game.

The idea of paying $70 for a video game is now so alien to me I doubt I'll bother.

Big W have all the games for $58 on launch day, or there is bundles that have Shadow War included for the same price as buying the system stand alone.

RRP, who ever pays that?

Gazunta

iOS and XBLA has spoiled me to the point where paying anything more than $15 for a game just seems absurd now.

And I'm playing Dungeon Overlord on Facebook for an hour a day. For free.

I have become a casual gamer.

Clipper

Gazunta said:
http://funnywebcomic.com/comics/2010-10-05-Videogame-07.gif
You still haven't!
So does this mean that Commander Keen is Go?

Also, yeah, I hate to be critical, but uh...
2011-03-14-Videogame-56.gif

What the hell happened to her feet?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
I ordered Pokemon Black from OzGameShop so hopefully it'll work ok in my Aussie 3DS.

Awesome, we can trade I've been looking for some one trust worthy to do the big trades with!

Has anyone else walked around a CBD with their DS? It's so fun. I was sitting in a food court today having lunch with some friends and I whipped it out to see what was the go and there was like 5 people within the DS' wireless range around me with pokemon running :D

jambo said:
No Apple Store in Adelaide, and when the iPad 1 launched a few of my mates just walked in to JB Hi-Fi's and Next Byte's and bought them on the spot.

Hopefully it'll all go smoothly again.

EDIT: "abcnews: Breaking: Christchurch will no longer host Rugby World Cup."

Isn't there one in radelaide cbd? and one down like glen osmand? or are they not official.

jambo said:
r0YmI.jpg

Nothing I want really.. unless super monkey ball turns out to be as amazing as the original?

I just noticed all three quotes are jambos.. this is awkward :( I just scrolled through the last page.5 and middle clicked quote on all the ones I wanted to reply too.

Gazunta

Clipper said:
What the hell happened to her feet?
Ugh. I really need to stop drawing on tiny monitors. I'll try and fix if tonight's comic doesn't take up too much time and I'm not working too much.

Clipper

VOOK said:
Big W have all the games for $58 on launch day, or there is bundles that have Shadow War included for the same price as buying the system stand alone.

RRP, who ever pays that?
All the chumps that don't realise that EB and Harvey Norman prices are way overpriced...

And even the sale prices are still quite a bit more expensive than importing. The four games I'm getting at launch are priced at the US RRP and even including shipping they come out to only US$48 each. I'm not trying to brag about it, but it really does need to be said.

VOOK

Clipper said:
All the chumps that don't realise that EB and Harvey Norman prices are way overpriced...

And even the sale prices are still quite a bit more expensive than importing. The four games I'm getting at launch are priced at the US RRP and even including shipping they come out to only US$48 each. I'm not trying to brag about it, but it really does need to be said.

I know, my US 3DS + Pilotwings + Steel Diver is I think just under $400, inc shipping.

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
I just flew all the way to Perth on 4 hours of sleep to give a science talk to uni students and I haven't prepared a thing.

I'm sure I'll wing it...
And boy, are my arms tired! Am I right?

Choc

Banned
AnkhWeasel said:
Which Uni? :eek:

no different to any other lecturer bern :p

also the FFA registration site for players and officials this year is the biggest piece of shit

but yey finally got in and I passed the national exam again :D

might come to Melbourne and ref some of the Vic Premier League this year.

jambo

HolyCheck said:
Awesome, we can trade I've been looking for some one trust worthy to do the big trades with!

Once I get my 3DS and am actually able to play my copy of Pokemon Black, then yes we can trade!

HolyCheck said:
Has anyone else walked around a CBD with their DS? It's so fun. I was sitting in a food court today having lunch with some friends and I whipped it out to see what was the go and there was like 5 people within the DS' wireless range around me with pokemon running :D

I used to back in the day, was awesome playing stuff like Mario Kart and Pokemon in the Myer Food Court with other people.

HolyCheck said:
Isn't there one in radelaide cbd? and one down like glen osmand? or are they not official.

You might be thinking of the Next Byte stores, they're one of the largest official Apple Premium Resellers in Adelaide.

HolyCheck said:
Nothing I want really.. unless super monkey ball turns out to be as amazing as the original?

I got Rayman 3D with my 3DS and I'll probably get Pilotwings Resort, LEGO Star Wars, Rabbids 3D, Ridge Racer 3D and Super Monkey Ball 3D in the coming months.

Can't wait for Paper Mario 3DS as well, that and Zelda 3D are gonna be off the charts!

HolyCheck said:
I just noticed all three quotes are jambos.. this is awkward :( I just scrolled through the last page.5 and middle clicked quote on all the ones I wanted to reply too.

<3

VOOK

Oh Jambo, which iPad did you have and how much did you get for it? Might get an iPad 2, I have a 32GB and a 32GB 3G and Wifi (both of them) so could sell either one...

Kritz

Banned
1 - Bulletstorm arrived today. Ordered it on the 28 Feb, it arrived 16 Mar. Decent wait time for Zavvi. Cost $40 aud, so am pretty impressed.

2 - I took the kitty outside today. It doesn't have much experience with the outdoors yet. I let it out in the backyard every now and then, but it doesn't really stray into the garden.

8Ag0Z.jpg

It is totally baffled by this plant.

Caramello

jambo said:

I'm interested in Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver from that list, neither of which are launch titles! So I'm going to probably buy Okamiden and/or Pokemon and I might buy Lego Star Wars or Super Street Fighter IV..

Bah.. Whatever I do, I'll probably feel bad about spending my money..

VOOK

What no I don't have it yet, but I've played it! You guys haven't it yet?

Did I say I have it? Man I'm so tired :(

Gazunta

Putting the 3DS on the registry is a genius idea. I wanted a GBA SP when I got married.

My wife bought be one for her wedding present to me. Best wife evar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom