• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
Somebody put some pics up so I don't' have to go outside! Really need to finish some games off while the spawn is asleep, this has been the worst 12 months for backlogs.
I would love to but the cloud cover is ridiculously thick here in Sydney. If it clears up later and I can get a clear shot, I'll be all over it.

Omikron

The moon for everyone. :p

189656_10150130313087766_516257765_6526285_191806_n.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm seeing it now that you point it out lol, I guess I just didnt notice it

this is a sad day :( because I had a some what custom tag and now I wont

trinest

I wish I had a flag, I never got one (though I asked)- and now they are gone I feel I missed out.

Oh well.

So guys did Ubi end up honoring their website cluster fuck?

Mar

I always felt embarrassed having the flag anyway, like I was some patriot or something. I only requested one for the world cup.

justin.au

trinest said:
So guys did Ubi end up honoring their website cluster fuck?
Well, my keys seem to be working so I guess they've honoured them. Played a few games of Trackmania and I've fired up RUSE on Steam; both worked perfectly.

Now I have to decide whether I even want to bother playing the 20 other games I got. Ubisoft don't half peddle some shite.

Kritz

Banned
I didn't want a flag because they looked silly.

And if I was going to be patriotic,

210px-Flag_of_Tasmania.svg.png

Might as well get the flag with the lion on it.

So I'm doing an offcampus unit for uni while working fulltime. The annoying thing is that the class isn't catering to offcampus students at all, all discussion is lumped in together and they expect me to do a group assignment with 3 other people. Great! I love doing group work for a unit that gives individual final marks, makes great sense! Since I am working fulltime there is no chance I can go to any group meetings or go to any lectures/tutorials, leaving the "group" component of the assignment to a string of emails. So why exactly am I being made to do this assignment? What benefit do I derive from this timed experiment in putting blind faith in the abilities of 3 other people who at any time could pull their work from our assignment or copypaste it from Google? Shit like this makes me angry to look at my hecs debt (and how much people at this university get paid).

reptilescorpio said:
So I'm doing an offcampus unit for uni while working fulltime. The annoying thing is that the class isn't catering to offcampus students at all, all discussion is lumped in together and they expect me to do a group assignment with 3 other people. Great! I love doing group work for a unit that gives individual final marks, makes great sense! Since I am working fulltime there is no chance I can go to any group meetings or go to any lectures/tutorials, leaving the "group" component of the assignment to a string of emails. So why exactly am I being made to do this assignment? What benefit do I derive from this timed experiment in putting blind faith in the abilities of 3 other people who at any time could pull their work from our assignment or copypaste it from Google? Shit like this makes me angry to look at my hecs debt (and how much people at this university get paid).

No one likes group projects. I always end up feeling guilty for my laissez-faire attitude towards both doing the work and checking my uni email, so I make sure to get my shit done promptly. Then it comes round to presentation time and the rest of my compadres act as if this is the first time they've ever had to talk in front of a class, and I stop feeling guilty.

Shaneus said:
Drinking Magners by myself, watching Louis Theroux episodes. This is how you live right.
Dude, Rekorderlig is the shit. Tastes like the piss of the gods. The hot ones with all the big boobies and such.

Drinking Diet Boysenberry Cranberry Cordial while rewatching the latest Archer because I ran out of Scotch this morning and nothing decent has come out TV/Movie wise in the last few days.

cookie said:
milk is good but better with Milo.
Hot milo with milk morning and night keeps the night terrors away.

I've been relegated to the small tv whilst the gf catches up on Greys Anatomy. So I'm drinking tea and watching the rugby league. I'm so rugged and manly its not funny.

Ventron

Gazunta said:
What the FUCK is wrong with Gilmore Girls huh

What the FUCK guys

Are you just going to be at Supanova promoting your comics? I don't think you've told us what your new company or new game is yet.

justin.au

reptilescorpio said:
Dude, Rekorderlig is the shit. Tastes like the piss of the gods. The hot ones with all the big boobies and such.
I'm not a cider man myself: too sweet.

I'm on Jim Bean Black (on the rocks) at the moment. Not a bad birthday present. And later on I might have a Broo with dinner (fish and chips). I'd highly recommend Broo as a summer lager that isn't too light on the flavour.

edit: Actually, if anyone can recommend a really nice dry cider, I'd love to give it another go. I think the only dry cider I've tried was Strongbow Dry, and well, it was Strongbow.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:

Drinking Diet Boysenberry Cranberry Cordial while rewatching the latest Archer because I ran out of Scotch this morning and nothing decent has come out TV/Movie wise in the last few days.

Hot milo with milk morning and night keeps the night terrors away.
Oh, I know all too well about Rekorderlig! Had it many-a-time whilst out, was looking for something I hadn't had before, though. I was actually going to pony up for Pipsqueak but I was quite intent on drinking today and couldn't find any 24x packs that were already refrigerated. I've done my research re: ciders and I can now say I've done Rekorderlig (strawberry/lime is bliss) and now Magners. Three half-litre bottles and I'm quite happy :D

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I guess I'm not the only person robbed of my flag.

Just need to wait for the next world cup I guess.

Axiom said:
The only bad thing about liking the Gilmore Girls is the fact you have to choose which Gilmore you want to smang most.
I think the correct answer is both. Same time. It isn't weird, they are acting as family not real family!

Shaneus said:
I've done my research re: ciders and I can now say I've done Rekorderlig (strawberry/lime is bliss) and now Magners.
I still haven't had Pipsqueak but Little Creatures can't do any wrong by me so I assume it is awesome. Drank soooo much Magners and Rek this summer, looking forward to Guiness season now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom