• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Flag_of_the_Australian_Capital_Territory.svg

Gazunta

Ventron said:
Are you just going to be at Supanova promoting your comics? I don't think you've told us what your new company or new game is yet.
Yeah, Supanova is just about me selling books and promoting my comics site. Absolutely nothing to do with the game development company I'm working at now or the game we're making at said company. So come by and say hi anyway :)

and there's something else I'm working on that's new and exciting coming up that I haven't revealed yet...but that's for later

Gazunta said:
Yeah, Supanova is just about me selling books and promoting my comics site. Absolutely nothing to do with the game development company I'm working at now or the game we're making at said company. So come by and say hi anyway :)

and there's something else I'm working on that's new and exciting coming up that I haven't revealed yet...but that's for later
Julie Benz is going to be at Supanova? Damn I better get the Friday off work... Also Christopher Lloyd needs to sign something I own.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ausgaf now has a new goal, I'm sure it will be done as well as MP nights on steam.

Get gaz drunk at supernova so he can spill the beans.

Salazar

RandomVince said:
Your love of milk is fine. Gilmore girls, on the other hand.... thats worse than listening to ricki lee. [/runs]

Ricki Lee is questionable on all but physical grounds, but Alexis Bledel is sizzlingly cute enough to support the show.

Yagharek

Isnt the show about nothing? Only not actually good, like Seinfeld is. I seem to remember it was just meant to be inane rambling designed to keep people watching for the ad breaks.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RandomVince said:
Your love of milk is fine. Gilmore girls, on the other hand.... thats worse than listening to ricki lee. [/runs]

so you're insulting a show you've not even watched / barely watched / no nothing about?

Salazar

RandomVince said:
Isnt the show about nothing? Only not actually good, like Seinfeld is. I seem to remember it was just meant to be inane rambling designed to keep people watching for the ad breaks.

Boys, kissing, college (in an unsettlingly obsessive fashion), bizarrely trivial mishaps with alcohol, comical misunderstandings about car-keys, run of the mill anxieties about work, family, fulfilment, and so on.

Everything and nothing. BUT DAT ALEXIS.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
RandomVince said:

It's about a single mother and her daughter growing up in a small town doing mother daughter things. You get to watch as they both grow into real women, with the mum finding love and the daughter getting life experiences.

something like that, sounds good right!

RandomVince said:
Serious? It is like the majority of family drama shows out there. The situation is setup and they run through slightly funny, mildly dramatic yet endearing storylines. The audience falls in love with the characters etc etc.

RandomVince said:
I seem to remember it was just meant to be inane rambling designed to keep people watching for the ad breaks.
Must've been a lot of ad breaks since they spouted their inane rambling so fast in that damned show.

CryptiK

So hi guys what been happening hasnt it been peaceful without me? So iPad 2 aye hmmm(turning into a bit of a choc here) why should I get this over an iPad 1? Will there be apps that get locked only to iPad 2? And how long would it take to be jailbreakable still thinking of jail breaking my iPhone will I lose the option of the app store and syncing if I do so?

Danoss

hamchan said:
Six Feet Under is better for family drama!
Best series finale ever. I was told this and watched the whole series just to see it and boy was I rewarded. I wish I could watch the series again for the first time.

Yagharek

Wow, so there is a Gilmore Girls defense force after all. :p

From wikipedia:

The pilot episode of Gilmore Girls received financial support from the script development fund of the Family Friendly Programming Forum, which includes some of the nation's leading advertisers, making it one of the first network shows to reach the air with such funding

Apologies accepted.

CryptiK said:
So hi guys what been happening hasnt it been peaceful without me? So iPad 2 aye hmmm(turning into a bit of a choc here) why should I get this over an iPad 1? Will there be apps that get locked only to iPad 2? And how long would it take to be jailbreakable still thinking of jail breaking my iPhone will I lose the option of the app store and syncing if I do so?
Nah, jailbreaking doesn't change any of that.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
CryptiK said:

We need to play shadow assault 2.

Salazar

RandomVince said:
Apologies accepted.

I knew Gilmore Girls was funded by gibbering cretins. I ain't apologising for shit. I maintain that, so long as your brain is wound down to a very low function, it is really watchable.

Choc

Banned
Vook not sure if you are aware but it appears Kmart nationwide has put all its 3DS accessories out for sale (including the official stuff from nintendo like the exec case :) )

go buy some shiz!

giri

I really like shield cricket, but i really hate the final format. The fact that teams can just bat for 3 days playing really negatively and not even attempting to win, just playing straight out for a draw, is a really horrible way for the show case game of the tournament to be played.

I don't have a good way to counter it, or any bad sugestions either, but it doesn't alter the fact.

Omikron

giri said:
I really like shield cricket, but i really hate the final format. The fact that teams can just bat for 3 days playing really negatively and not even attempting to win, just playing straight out for a draw, is a really horrible way for the show case game of the tournament to be played.

I don't have a good way to counter it, or any bad sugestions either, but it doesn't alter the fact.

Issue is, there needs to be some benefit to the team that finishes top other than just home ground advantage.... tough to do in cricket.

legend166

giri said:

Yeah it's a bit annoying, but there's no other solution.

Well, we could go back to the good old days - timeless matches!

jambo

Choc said:
Vook not sure if you are aware but it appears Kmart nationwide has put all its 3DS accessories out for sale (including the official stuff from nintendo like the exec case :) )

Definitely getting an Executive Cast.

Gazunta

codswallop said:
Anyone else in Melbourne see this? http://jasonchatfield.tumblr.com/post/3979151939

tl;dr - Dude's arm gets caught in taxi window, dragged along the road, needs help to find the cabbie.
Really glad to see this once being bounced around. Hope they find the guy. How come they make such a big deal about how all the cabs have GPS in them for driver safety, but they can't figure out which cab was in a known position at a known time?

giri

legend166 said:
Yeah it's a bit annoying, but there's no other solution.

Well, we could go back to the good old days - timeless matches!

i remember for 3 years in a row it was vic vs qld, or something like that.

First year, Vic home game, vic batted first, for 4 days
then qld home game, qld batted for 3 days.
then vic home game, vic batted for 4 days.

It was a really horrible way for the whole thing to go.

giri

Rez said:
does GPS actually have memory by default?
The cab companies themselves have GPS transponders in all the cars sending their location back to base. Not referring the in car gavman ones.

And yeah, it's pretty shocking they can't cough up this info.

Choc

Banned
Cabbies in general are ok

On the weekend though they are twats. If a driver says to close, i generally just move on rather then cause trouble. This guy didnt cause trouble not saying that he was just wanting a cab after all , but what a crazy ridiculous situation :|

Something honestly needs to be done about late night cabbies. This is not the first person thats been dragged along by a taxi and it won't be the last.

Last time i wanted a short trip i was rejected by two cabs. Third cab took me with a smile on his face. I gave him a $10 tip as i was about to walk home after giving up when he just drove up and said hey you going somewhere, need a taxi

had a good chat with the guy too, which made me feel good about taxis again that night.

Danoss

Lafiel said:
Nope, friday night lights is the perfect family drama. And i love SFU.
FNL is one of my favourite shows of all time, though SFU is more family centric than FNL is. That said, it's like the characters on FNL are one big family anyway.

Damn I miss FNL. :'(

Kritz

Banned
Eh. I stole like 30 keys, but I'm never going to download any of them. I don't feel bad about it, because I already own most of the games I got keys from, and …

Holy crap I just saw a real life furry. Ears, tail, fur and all. No joke.

Edit: wait where did that conversation go?

Bloody phone not refreshing…

legend166

Danoss said:
FNL is one of my favourite shows of all time, though SFU is more family centric than FNL is. That said, it's like the characters on FNL are one big family anyway.

Damn I miss FNL. :'(

Just finished season 3 the other day. So awesome.

I'm going to wait a bit before watching season 4. I'm watching The Wire season 4 in the mean time.

Needs more McNulty.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I started watching more of The Wire yesterday. I'm up to Episode 5. Much more enjoyable than the pilot led me on to believe, but still hasn't hit "oh SHIT" levels yet. I'm looking forward to watching more.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
He does a heel turn in season 5 right? And instead of being a lovable jerk, just turns into a jerk?
Not really. He's still McNulty albeit a bit self-destructive for seemingly no reason and does a bunch of shit that leaves the audience asking 'whyyyyyyyyyy?'.

Season 5 is still bloody fantastic, it just doesn't have the emotional roundhouse kick to the adam's apple that season 4 had.

Oh, and my only interest in the bag of crap is beating to death whoever recommended it last time with my crappy Jack and the Beanstalk cartoon DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom