• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
So i guess my steam shit should be sorted out within a week, Maybe.

The bank has gone ahead and sent the money back to valve, I won't see the debits on my account since they are absorbing the cost due to them fucking up. In theory valve should see the money within the next 48 hours, So let's see how that goes.

is this via emailing that guy we told you to ?:p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
Nice. As a result of your email to the head honcho?

I Guess so, Not too sure to be honest. I got a reply back from him and the nab enquiries addy i emailed sometime last week. I'm guessing the head honcho had most of the weight behind it though.

Choc said:
is this via emailing that guy we told you to ?:p

You told me to email some female :p

It was the grant bloke i got you to get the email addy for.

Now I wait to see how long it takes valve to enable my account.

Genericized trademark. Don't think Apple would win any money but Amazon may have to tweak the name a bit. Average Joe on the street wouldn't just associate app store with Apple now with Android picking up steam. Also my Chrome browser has a tab called Apps.

ham said:
Uni breaks are fucking boring.
Beer?

Also congrats on not giving up cookie, hopefully your account pops overnight.

Jintor

Choc said:
edit: Guys have you seen the top spin 4 unreleased ad

wooooooooow. Amazing they even considered that

Is that the one that is basically a 1 and a half minute long model in some weird-ass scanty clothing waving a move controller around and grunting

Because yes, someone at the office just loaded it and it's crazy

Jintor said:
Is that the one that is basically a 1 and a half minute long model in some weird-ass scanty clothing waving a move controller around and grunting

serena williams who is a real tennis player and some white chick wearing stupid sunglasses

Jintor

Megadrive said:
serena williams who is a real tennis player and some white chick wearing stupid sunglasses

Wow, the grunting makes even more sense now

I didn't realise that was Serena though woah

Jintor said:

Needed more European women with less clothes on.

Kritz

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Genericized trademark. Don't think Apple would win any money but Amazon may have to tweak the name a bit. Average Joe on the street wouldn't just associate app store with Apple now with Android picking up steam. Also my Chrome browser has a tab called Apps.

It's also why Adobe don't want people using the phrase "shop" and "photoshop'd".

See: http://www.adobe.com/misc/pdfs/TM_GuideforThirdPartiesFinalPrint.pdf

Identifying the Proper Trademark Form
Always use the correct spelling and format of Adobe trademarks with the appropriate trademark symbol(s). When referring to an Adobe product, use the full name of the product at its first and most prominent mention (for example, “Adobe Photoshop” is preferred over “Photoshop”).

Never vary the spelling, add or delete hyphens (even for normal hyphenation at the end of a line of text), make one word two, or use a possessive or plural form of the trademark. Adobe trademarks must always be used as adjectives followed by a generic term (such as “software”), and never as nouns or verbs. For examples of appropriate generic terms that may be used with Adobe trademarks, see the list from the company’s
online “General Trademark Guidelines” at http://www.adobe.com/misc/agreement.html.

For example:

CORRECT: The image was modifi ed using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
INCORRECT: The image was Photoshopped.

CORRECT: You’ll appreciate the PostScript® interpreter’s unique ability to provide flexibility.
INCORRECT: You’ll appreciate PostScript’s® unique ability to provide flexibility.

markot

Banned
lol, how the fuck does someone like Pyne get elected?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/22/3170694.htm

Prime Minister Julia Gillard described Tony Abbott as a climate change denier - a frequent political barb used against the Opposition Leader.

But the Manager of Opposition Business, Christopher Pyne, took a point of order.

"I think the words being used by the Prime Minister would be regarded as offensive words," he said amid rowdy scenes.

"We all know the connotation the Prime Minister is trying to bring about by using the word 'denier'.

"We know she's trying to allude to the holocaust. It is offensive and it must stop."

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
markot said:

Prime Minister Julia Gillard described Tony Abbott as a climate change denier - a frequent political barb used against the Opposition Leader.

But the Manager of Opposition Business, Christopher Pyne, took a point of order.

"I think the words being used by the Prime Minister would be regarded as offensive words," he said amid rowdy scenes.

"We all know the connotation the Prime Minister is trying to bring about by using the word 'denier'.
nvm, read the article at the link.

guy is a mouth breathing troglodyte in a suit

markot said:

I saw that live, he is quite amazing. I find it hilarious that the shadow minister for education is such a huge bully, he gets chucked out of question time at least two times a week.

markot said:
"We know she's trying to allude to the holocaust. It is offensive and it must stop."[/I]
Do we? Who the hell associates politicians with the holocaust? Denier is just bad English, gets used every now and then when people are in a flap.

G_Berry

Banned
Omi said:
Christopher Pyne is total scum. Fact.

So true. Like these cocky fucking ass holes give two shits about the planet anyway.

While mankind is all burning and dying because we fucked the earth up so much while conservative fuck wits sat on their hands and did fuck all about it, cunts like him will just "pray to god" and all will be forgiven.

I can picture that piece of shit on his knees crying to Jesus as the world fucking implodes, makes me SICK!

Fucking blind muppets.

Ventron

reptilescorpio said:
Do we? Who the hell associates politicians with the holocaust? Denier is just bad English, gets used every now and then when people are in a flap.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Scepticism is in general, as it should be, a positive word, denoting scientific or humanistic curiosity and in particular the presence of an open mind.

Denialism, a concept that was first widely used, as far as I know, for those who claimed that the Holocaust was a fraud, is the concept I believe we should use.

Robert Manne, who introduced a talk by Clive Hamilton. Video: http://www.themonthly.com.au/climate-change-denialism-clive-hamilton-and-andrew-glikson-2006

Bernbaum

Okay, I have to share this.

I return home to a pile of mail, upon which sits a parcel sent to me from the Ukraine. Its contents are no surprise - it's a vintage watch from the former USSR that got ordered not too long ago. The watch itself is nothing special, I just like to collect Russian/USSR watches. They're relatively cheap, work well and have a classic if goofy charm to them.

Anyways.

The watch (wristband not included) came wrapped in a Ukrainian newspaper. I can't read a word of it, but I've always been fascinated with the Cyrillic alphabet. Something about Russian/Eastern Bloc culture that seems reasonably familiar but is wholly alien and bizarre at the same time, what with their crazy back to front letters and everything.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but the newspaper used to protect my new timepiece is obviously the TV guide section with a few cartoons peppered throughout. The cartoon makes absolutely no sense and the rest of the document, foreign language notwithstanding, is just an everyday collection of crosswords, find-a-words and pictures of western celebrities. I'm utterly engrossed by this crazy newspaper. It will get thrown out
eventually
, but it's a souvenir from a world I'll never know.

10dva87.jpg

/trivial minutia

Danoss

I think that's a pretty cool watch there man. Simple but elegant.

As for the cartoon, it's got me intrigued as to what it's about.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
Okay, I have to share this.

I return home to a pile of mail, upon which sits a parcel sent to me from the Ukraine. Its contents are no surprise - it's a vintage watch from the former USSR that got ordered not too long ago. The watch itself is nothing special, I just like to collect Russian/USSR watches. They're relatively cheap, work well and have a classic if goofy charm to them.

Anyways.

The watch (wristband not included) came wrapped in a Ukrainian newspaper. I can't read a word of it, but I've always been fascinated with the Cyrillic alphabet. Something about Russian/Eastern Bloc culture that seems reasonably familiar but is wholly alien and byizarre at the same time, what with their crazy back to front letters and everything.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but the newspaper used to protect my new timepiece is obviously the TV guide section with a few cartoons peppered throughout. The cartoon makes absolutely no sense and the rest of the document, foreign language notwithstanding, is just an everyday collection of crosswords, find-a-words and pictures of western celebrities. I'm utterly engrossed by this crazy newspaper. It will get thrown out
eventually
, but it's a souvenir from a world I'll never know.

http://i52.tinypic.com/10dva87.jpg[IMG]

/trivial minutia[/QUOTE]
Fascinating post, that. Gotta say, I'm somewhat intrigued by your fascination of Russian watches. Are they cheap?

PS. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nviaWnxwo]Totally got this vibe from that cartoon[/url].

giri

Finished Dragonage 2.

It was fun.

The battles with
The high dragon
were the hardest and most thought provoking. While the battles
at the end of the game weren't that hard, IMO.
But then i had a lot of damage dealing in my party, and wasted them down fairly quickly

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Australian pricing has been confirmed by Apple, as well as a Friday 5pm release.

Wi-Fi
$579.00 inc GST for the 16GB model
$689.00 inc GST for the 32GB model
$799.00 inc GST for the 64GB model.

Wi-Fi + 3G
$729.00 inc GST for the 16GB model
$839.00 inc GST for the 32GB model
$949.00 inc GST for the 64GB model

All prices in AUD

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/380570/apple_launches_ipad_2_friday_579/

something is most definately going around....

also what, apple dropped prices? !

why 5pm. I mean what the fuck. I aint buying one and am not fussed but they are already out in the US, why the heck make it 5pm just to be difficult

so whilst people are trying to get home from Sydney, there will be a stupid long queue on george street just to piss everyone off

bet the council and cops aren't exactly pleased. It also opens it up for more people to yell 'fucking nerds' etc as they walk past to go home :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom