• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

guidop

Salazar said:
She was on Q&A, right ?

I didn't watch. What was wrong with her (apart from everything) ?

Extreme Delusions, naivety you wouldn't see in toddlers. She makes Christopher Pine look some what reasonable and level headed in comparison

Salazar

guidop said:
Extreme Delusions, naivety you wouldn't see in toddlers. She makes Christopher Pine look some what reasonable and level headed in comparison

Watching now. Twitter reactions have built it up. I'm expecting a volcano of obnoxiousness.

lol. And next week they have Ferravanti-Wells. Wonderful.

Kirby102

VOOK said:
Get me a picture as proof, and we're away :p
I can confirm that GAME have started selling them too. Saw a couple of them, was kinda suss as to why they were selling it kinda early. Had I read this thread since, I could've taken a picture lol.

Ventron

guidop said:
Anyone got a gun?

need to go shoot Miranda Devine

Careful. It's that kind of extreme language which causes people to actually shoot someone.

In seriousness though, I watched her on Q&A, sure she said controversial things but my God I've never seen so much bile around Twitter and other places.

hamchan

jambo said:
After all these years, HL2 is still a master class in gaming.

1 or 2?

Can't wait to get my 2 at the end of the month. 3DS as well, tech overload!

It really is a giant iPod touch and I'm loving it. Reading manga on this thing is the best.

Waikis

TO OUR UBISHOP CUSTOMERS

Last week, the Australian Ubishop site was showing that nearly all of its games were available for a 100% discount. This was obviously a systems error that has now been fixed.

As you were quick enough to act on this error, we would like to advise that Ubisoft will honour this sale at the full discount. We hope that you enjoy the games, and invite you to visit our website again to view our upcoming PC lineup, and our regular promotions. Admittedly, they probably won’t be quite as generous as the one you have just taken advantage of...

Bernbaum

Progressive Labor/Greens voting types may as well live on an alien planet with their ill-informed ideals, but man, nothing angrys up the nerves like the menstrual-bloodied cunts that make up the Liberal party and their sycophantic conga line of semen-encrusted chodes that march under the banner of socially conservative newspaper journalists.

I try to be a well-mannered guy but nothing would delight me more than force-feeding Christopher Pyne his own feces using the the bloodied stump of his own dismembered femur as a spoon and smashing his teeth in with the pale exposed surface of freshly de-fleshed bone.

Ubisoft seem like nice people.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
yeah, got that email too. sounds a little butt hurt :(

to be fair, i only got ONE game, and it's an old title that doesn't sell for much these days; Beyond Good and Evil

it's ok so far

hamchan

Hmm i was gonna add Beyond Good and Evil to my cart but I already have the steam version and I plan to buy the PSN version too. Yes, even I have limits to my greed.

Ventron

Bernbaum said:
Progressive Labor/Greens voting types may as well live on an alien planet with their ill-informed ideals, but man, nothing angrys up the nerves like the menstrual-bloodied cunts that make up the Liberal party and their sycophantic conga line of semen-encrusted chodes that march under the banner of socially conservative newspaper journalists.

I try to be a well-mannered guy but nothing would delight me more than force-feeding Christopher Pyne his own feces using the the bloodied stump of his own dismembered femur as a spoon and smashing his teeth in with the pale exposed surface of freshly de-fleshed bone.

Give the gym a rest mate, the testosterone is congealing into bile. :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey did anyone else that "bought" Assasins Creed 2 off of ubisoft during their "sale" get their CD Key?

When I go to the store to check my invoice it just says "Processing serial number or unlock code."

Unlike for RUSE which gives me the CD Key

camerooni

Neo Member
Monday 21st March, 2010
Sydney, Australia

TO OUR UBISHOP CUSTOMERS 

Last week, the Australian Ubishop site was showing that nearly all of its games were available for a 100% discount. This was obviously a systems error that has now been fixed.

As you were quick enough to act on this error, we would like to advise that Ubisoft will honour this sale at the full discount. We hope that you enjoy the games, and invite you to visit our website again to view our upcoming PC lineup, and our regular promotions.   Admittedly, they probably won’t be quite as generous as the one you have just taken advantage of... 

Best regards,
The Ubishop team

Considering their prices on the local UbIshop are usually twice that of their prices on steam I seriously doubt it..

Edit: Damn - Beaten.. And I was so excited for my first post :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ubisoft, Thanks!

#winning

Although don't install voodoo dice, it wants you to install tages. So i don't think i will be playing that game.

markot

Banned
Waikis said:
TO OUR UBISHOP CUSTOMERS

Last week, the Australian Ubishop site was showing that nearly all of its games were available for a 100% discount. This was obviously a systems error that has now been fixed.

As you were quick enough to act on this error, we would like to advise that Ubisoft will honour this sale at the full discount. We hope that you enjoy the games, and invite you to visit our website again to view our upcoming PC lineup, and our regular promotions. Admittedly, they probably won’t be quite as generous as the one you have just taken advantage of...
Aw >_< now I feel badder, but that is nice of em.

But I only got 2 games, not like some of you crumbums.

Darklord

Banned
camerooni said:
Considering their prices on the local UbIshop are usually twice that of their prices on steam I seriously doubt it..

Considering Assassins Creed: BH is $110 I don't think I'll ever shop there unless it's 100% off.

Typical I missed it though. :(

Omikron

HolyCheck said:
Hey did anyone else that "bought" Assasins Creed 2 off of ubisoft during their "sale" get their CD Key?

When I go to the store to check my invoice it just says "Processing serial number or unlock code."

Unlike for RUSE which gives me the CD Key

Yeah, came in the main email with my ~30 odd other keys.

The only ones that didn't were Blazing Angels and Brothers in Arms or some such.

I might whack up a list of games etc I am not too keen on up here and give away the keys. :)

HolyCheck

Omi said:
Yeah, came in the main email with my ~30 odd other keys.

The only ones that didn't were Blazing Angels and Brothers in Arms or some such.

I might whack up a list of games etc I am not too keen on up here and give away the keys. :)

I should email them and tell them I didn't get my key lol

Kritz

Banned
Yeah I have 2 or 3 AC2 codes. Some for just AC2, some for an AC2+AC bundle.

The email does make me feel a little bad, though. Even if I don't really care much for Ubisoft as a company. I feel kinda bad for the guy who likely lost his job over this, though.

So, who wants a Greg's Anatomy CD key?

HolyCheck

Kritz said:
Yeah I have 2 or 3 AC2 codes. Some for just AC2, some for an AC2+AC bundle.

The email does make me feel a little bad, though. Even if I don't really care much for Ubisoft as a company. I feel kinda bad for the guy who likely lost his job over this, though.

lmao. oh you.

(i'll take an ac2 code if they dont give me one ;_;)

camerooni

Neo Member
Kritz said:

OMG - I didn't even see Grey's Anatomy on the store.. I would have been all over that like a Fat Kid on a Cup Cake! There's nothing like brushing away the clouds of doubt to come to a decision (though I imagine it's more fun on the Wii - we played through the first 2 chapters after friday night work drinks.. good times) :p

I only got R.U.S.E - as I was curious about it, and I thought it was horrid of Ubisoft to have a 'BIG SALE' during the Steam Xmas sale to bring the game down to $35usd - only to bring the full price down to $30 two days after the xmas sale ended.. slightly rude!

I still feel a little bad - I'm not a horrible human being - maybe I should buy the DLC to contribute something..

legend166

I only got Anno.

How much would CD keys help anyway? You can't download the game without an order number. So unless you're going to go pirate it and then put the CD key in, it seems pointless.

Omikron

legend166 said:
I only got Anno.

How much would CD keys help anyway? You can't download the game without an order number. So unless you're going to go pirate it and then put the CD key in, it seems pointless.

How is it pirating when you own a cd key?

Agyar

Bernbaum said:

Ubisoft seem like nice people.

Feed him directly to Miranda Devine's face.

Agyar

legend166 said:
I only got Anno.

As in Dawn of Discovery? That game is pretty swish, I played it for a while after buying it during the last Steam sale and really enjoyed it. City builders were never a genre I had explored deeply but I believe if you can put something in front of someone with no contextual experience and it drags them in so thoroughly they start seeking out more of the same, it must be a pretty good something.

Mar

Bernbaum said:

But what do you really think.

camerooni said:

I grabbed Settlers 7. Quite surprised they're honouring it to be honest, but that is awesome on their behalf.

Put another ~4 hours into Settlers 7 last night (played it pretty much every day since I got it). They'd have gotten a sale from me if they'd cut my access now, that's for sure, but at the same time, I'd probably never have played it had it not been for the error! Ironic really.

Omikron

Ok, if anyone wants any of the following, chuck us a PM/post in thread and I will send you a download link + cd-key etc...

Try and be nice and limit yourself to 1 though so as to spread the love around! :p

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.® 2 - Deluxe Edition
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.® 2 - All in one Pack
The Settlers® Heritage of Kings
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - DLC 3 - Complete Pack
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - DLC Pack 1, 2 & 3 - claimed by -Deadpool-
Silent Hunter III
Silent Hunter® 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Silent Hunter® 4: U-Boat Missions
Far Cry
Shaun White Skateboarding - Exclusive Deluxe Edition
Heroes over Europe
Call of Juarez® Bound in Blood
World in Conflict Complete Edition
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East
Prince of Persia® The Two Thrones™
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30th
XIII

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
lmao. oh you.

(i'll take an ac2 code if they dont give me one ;_;)
Still need one? I have... um... a "few".

BTW If anyone managed to get a spare Trackmania one I'd be eternally grateful. That fecker never appears in Steam sales :(

Omi said:
Ok, if anyone wants any of the following, chuck us a PM/post in thread and I will send you a download link + cd-key etc...

Try and be nice and limit yourself to 1 though so as to spread the love around! :p

PM'd, but as I scored a few games on Friday don't worry too much about my request.

HolyCheck

Shaneus said:
Still need one? I have... um... a "few".

BTW If anyone managed to get a spare Trackmania one I'd be eternally grateful. That fecker never appears in Steam sales :(

I'd love one if you have it :)

oh man I didn't even know Trackmania was on there :O

we should have a trackmania nations ausgaf night on steam one night

Danoss

Cross-posting from the camera equipment thread.

If any Australians are looking for a cheap IPS monitor, Dell has $75 off their U2311H, making it $274 including postage until Thursday here.

I was buying one of these suckers on Wednesday anyway. Perfect timing for a brief price drop.

Choc

Banned
oh dear

802974-bear-meme-ad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom