• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManeKast

BanShunsaku said:
Damn SydGAF, I can't make next Thursday (I have family coming to stay from Wednesday onwards)
c) If I decide to get an AU console and walk into JB at lunch time today, what are the odds they will still have stock?
If Kmart is anything to go by they had 10 consoles all up and seven games in total (yes, one copy of each game). I would say go sooner rather than later.

Clipper

BanShunsaku said:
Damn SydGAF, I can't make next Thursday (I have family coming to stay from Wednesday onwards)

I was going to fill out the spreadsheet thingy but yeh, no point. Damnit... next time I gues! If this one succeeds we will have to do it again soon!!

Also, couple of quick questions re 3DS:

a) if I get the US console from Amazon, am I going to be able to play multiplayer with local consoles (eg If my mum gets a local 3DS and Animal Crossing when it comes out, what are the chances that she will be able to come into my US AC town and clear out all my weeds and steal my fruits?)

b) If I get a US console, does anyone have a spare DSi charger I can have for cheap cheap?

c) If I decide to get an AU console and walk into JB at lunch time today, what are the odds they will still have stock?

Lots of love,

BanShunsaku
No decision has been made yet. Everyone can make Thursday except you so far, but Tuesday is only one person behind at the moment. We'll go with the day that would have the most of us.

Also, did the person who picked Thursday and only Thursday really mean that it is the only day they can do this? Your posts seem to indicate otherwise. I won't name names...

Oh, and on the 3DS questions:

a) We don't know 100% for sure yet, but it seems like cross region play is possible from what I'm hearing. VOOK can probably give us more info...

b) Get something like this or this. I got one of the cables in the second of those links last year that will handily now support my 3DS too :D.

c) It seems like you might be OK to do that. Still, I strongly recommend the import.

Shaneus

I'm "working from home" today, waiting for my cable connection to get installed. I don't know how I manage to pull this shit, but whenever I'm home I always manage to time it so Australia Post delivers an arseload of packages I've been waiting for since the beginning of time. Pretty sure that I'll be getting the rest of my deliveries from The Hut, namely my PSEye TV stand and Welcome to the Jungle. Getting a few other things delivered too. Shame I don't give a shit about the 3DS.

Squee.

Clipper said:
No decision has been made yet. Everyone can make Thursday except you so far, but Tuesday is only one person behind at the moment. We'll go with the day that would have the most of us.

Also, did the person who picked Thursday and only Thursday really mean that it is the only day they can do this? Your posts seem to indicate otherwise. I won't name names...

Yeh probably don't rely on me for any day, at least until I check with the other half if we have plans for Tuesday night. Family life is hectic at the moment!

If I had a livejournal I would post on it about how my gf lost/left (long story) her job after 6 years.

Single income mortgage here we go! (oh and I realise buying a 3DS when in such a situation is potentially irresponsible, however I have a "gaming emergency budget" for such irresponsible purchases)

Clipper

My 3DS and games just arrived at the sort facility... this was the final step before delivery for my last package, but neither of my packages has been marked as clearing customs yet. They can't have skipped the customs check can they? In any case, this means morning delivery is possible :D. Also, now I have to wait to find out whether I take the morning or the afternoon off work to be present for the delivery.

legend166 said:
I think I was the person who said Tuesday and Thursday. And now that I think of it, I can't do Tuesday either.
There were two of you that picked Tuesday/Thursday and one who picked Thursday only. Feel free to resubmit and I'll delete your old info if you can't make Tuesday, though.

My package hasn't had any updates since yesterday and on Friday afternoon, I'm off on a weekend away with the missus-to-be (i.e. I won't get to play with my new toy until Monday).

Also, I'm not going to be able to make the BrisGAF 3DS session on the 10th. I checked our calendar and we'll be meeting with my fiance's dressmaker that afternoon to get me fitted for a vest.

:(

Waikis

Just received my 3ds from DSE :D :D :D.

Also the status for US 3ds:

12 Processed at MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA 08:16
11 Clearance processing complete at MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA 08:04
10 Arrived at Sort Facility MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA 07:45

:D:D

giri

viciouskillersquirrel said:
My package hasn't had any updates since yesterday and on Friday afternoon, I'm off on a weekend away with the missus-to-be (i.e. I won't get to play with my new toy until Monday).

Also, I'm not going to be able to make the BrisGAF 3DS session on the 10th. I checked our calendar and we'll be meeting with my fiance's dressmaker that afternoon to get me fitted for a vest.

:(
A vest for your dress?

Mar

codswallop said:
So, yeah, Mirror's Edge: Awesome until it's not.

The main story mode isn't that great to be honest. Where the real meat of Mirror's Edge lies is in the time trials and speed runs. Those elevated Mirror's Edge to be one of the best games I've ever played.

Clipper said:

That could be me, I'm not sure. I pressed a few buttons and made a thing go. I'll be up for any day.

Also, 'not naming names', what's with all the secrecy here? I'm convinced NSW GAF will turn up to the meat wearing disguises.

Mar said:
The main story mode isn't that great to be honest. Where the real meat of Mirror's Edge lies is in the time trials and speed runs. Those elevated Mirror's Edge to be one of the best games I've ever played.
The story is bland, the cutscenes are terrible bordering on pathetic and the feeling of speed is broken up by tedious climbing and combat.

But yes, from the time trials I've had a crack at, it feels like there could be a lot more there. Almost a pity that I'm breezing through games to check them off the list. Better that, I suppose, than not seeing them through to the end at all.

jambo

Mar said:

I wish the DLC worked with the Steam version =[

Choc

Banned
3DS games are sold out everywhere :|

they have units, but the games are all gone, wtf :| europe importers?

publishers shipped sweet fa of ton of the games. Sims 3D is available though :p

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
I had it.

It was tasty.

I justified the indulgence by trying the 'sweet potato fries' but I doubt that made any improvement. Will never eat again.

Also:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vjc1nq.png

Take that as the date and invite for BrisGAF 3DS.

Disappointed, I was going to see if you wanted to double up for double downs. I also just wanted to use that phrase.

April 10 is good for me, I will be in attendance.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
None of ours went through Hawaii.

if it goes through hawaii its coming to Sydney on a specific DHL flight

The other ones would have been on commercial passenger jets (QANTAS et al regularly carry fedex/dhl/ups shipments)

jambo

Choc said:
3DS games are sold out everywhere :|

they have units, but the games are all gone, wtf :| europe importers?

publishers shipped sweet fa of ton of the games. Sims 3D is available though :p

Mate of mine just rang me from Target and EB this morning and he saw multiple copies of all launch games =D

Clipper

3DS games and console have cleared customs in Sydney. I guess I'll do the ame as last time and head home at 1:30pm as that seems to be the time they leave the facility.

Mar said:
That could be me, I'm not sure. I pressed a few buttons and made a thing go. I'll be up for any day.

Also, 'not naming names', what's with all the secrecy here? I'm convinced NSW GAF will turn up to the meat wearing disguises.
Yeah, 'twas you. Given the multiple accusations of stalking you have leveled at me, I thought I might be discretionary for once ;).

OK, that gives Tuesday as high an attendance as Thursday, unless legend was indeed mistaken in choosing that day.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Mate of mine just rang me from Target and EB this morning and he saw multiple copies of all launch games =D

maybe its just sydney then but everywhere seems to have bugger all of everything

no ridge
no pes
no ghost recon
:|

jambo

I think it's just Adelaide gets a decent amount of stock for it's population. Never had any issues with iPads and gaming consoles, though the iPhone had supply issues.

Deeku

10:01 clearance!! So we probably will get it this arvo.

Now to wait until 930 tonight when I get home.

We're all gonna FC swap right?

MrSerrels

jambo said:
I think it's just Adelaide gets a decent amount of stock for it's population. Never had any issues with iPads and gaming consoles, though the iPhone had supply issues.

Just did a call round in Sydney and the situation is dire. But heard the same about adelaide. Apparently it's pretty easy to walk into any store and pick one up.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
Just did a call round in Sydney and the situation is dire. But heard the same about adelaide. Apparently it's pretty easy to walk into any store and pick one up.

units or games mark, or both?

edit: i did manage to get the eb manager near work to give me monkey balls for $38 as per their promo so i got that :) He only supposed to do that if a unit is sold :D

giri

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Yeah, sure. Got a problem with that? You sound like you have a problem with that.
No no no, just wanted to clear it up.

I presume it's will be like a scottish wedding, but with *Flair*

jambo

Choc said:
units or games mark, or both?

edit: i did manage to get the eb manager near work to give me monkey balls for $38 as per their promo so i got that :) He only supposed to do that if a unit is sold :D

Mate said there were plenty of 3DS units around, as well as all the games.

I might do some late night shopping tonight, it is pay day after all =D

hamchan

I'm thinking of walking out and buying a 3DS right now just for a portable version of SSF4. I've already paid over $300 for SF4 and SSF4 on consoles already, what's another $300?
The huge number of new scrubs to wreck is also making this very enticing.

Choc

Banned
Question

has anyone else been spammed by Sony this week:

1. On monday they sent an email about NGP

2. Today they sent an email about PS3 3D

something tells me they trying to say 3DS not so good ;)

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
Is he sleeping though the night?
Nope :(

He never has. Not only that, but he's never had a night where he's only woken up once. Unless you count staying awake until 6:30am. My wife took 12 months off. I don't know how we'd cope if we were both working.

reptilescorpio said:
Here is a picture of my 6 month old son with his leg stuck in his cot, the scamp.
Doesn't seem to work.

Aon

hamchan said:
I'm thinking of walking out and buying a 3DS right now just for a portable version of SSF4. I've already paid over $300 for SF4 and SSF4 on consoles already, what's another $300?

Yes I have been stricken with an undeniable desire to do this ever since walking out of the house this morning.

Although the fear of incoming Arcade Edition is sorta putting me off a little. As well as having just discovered in the SSF4 3DS thread that the game only runs @ 30fps online.

Since I can't imagine myself playing it offline.

Bernbaum

Pounded the pavement and checked out the two core JB and EB stores in Brisbane for 3DS units. The exact same response to 'do you have any units left or is it just for pre-orders?' was 'we have one or two black ones left' at each of the stores. Unsure whether that is an indication that Aqua is more popular or whether they ordered more Blacks.

Software stocks looked fine. The title with most shelf space appeared to be The Sims 3, which I had forgotten was a thing that existed.

As for mine, I'm looking at mid to late next week if at all for my US unit to arrive. Fingers crossed I'll have it in time for BRISGAF 3DS THE BRISGAFFENING IN REAL3D.

Choc

Banned
also the size of the AU Box compared to Japan is beyond ridiculous

the Japanese box is awesome

edit: also it appears that despite all prior reports that people didnt like it blue is outselling black by a mile

eb online is out of blue, black is in stock

Kirby102

Just with the 3DS, is anyone having issues with the pedometer? I've only walked about 200m and it's registered 1.8k steps already o_o

And I already maxxed out of play coins for the day too... :S

remz

hamchan said:
yeah.... SF4 is pretty much the only reason I bought my 3ds, :lol

and re: colours, both are pretty damn nice, but having seen them in person tbh, I prefer the black

legend166

I'm going to hold off. My original plan was to buy one at the end of the year, and I'm sticking to it.

I've still got heaps of DS games to play.

Choc

Banned
A baby was bawling in the stands, and Spanish tennis player David Ferrer wasn't happy about it at all.

Trailing in his quarter-final match at the ATP and WTA Masters event in Miami, and annoyed by the crying, Ferrer directed a forehand lob toward the infant after losing his serve midway through the second set.

and he wasn't instantly disqualified. What the fuck.

Shaneus

Choc said:
just as an fyi

i saw that eb are giving $100 trade in value on DS Lites (Not DSi) against 3DS

thats notta bad
Shit. That's... actually, not too bad at all. I assume you only need the DS itself and the power pack/stylus as per previous trade-ins?

Fuck. Tempting.

Aon

Did the ball hit the infant? Did he somehow think that hitting an infant with a very swift tennis ball would stop it crying? What a D-Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom