• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Choc said:
i agree but they probably would get sued for discrimination
If this is the case, there is only one solution.

Allow the parent and child into the venue. If the child cannot keep quiet, it should be ejected, just like any other person would be. Of course the parent will have to go with it, but that's part and parcel of bringing a child to an event where silence is required.

What's the Sydney Opera House's stance on this? They don't even want you opening a cough lolly during a performance unless the audience is applauding.

Clipper

DHL doesn't have it yet, but Amazon is reporting:

Sydney
Delay in delivery due to external factors - Mar 31, 2011 2:47:00 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Time to call them and see if I can just drive over to Mascot and collect the packages.

fisheyes

jambo said:
Mate said there were plenty of 3DS units around, as well as all the games.

I might do some late night shopping tonight, it is pay day after all =D

Don't tell me this shit. Its got no games I really want for it yet, and its $300-ish I shouldn't really have to spare, but damn it, every time one of these fuckers pops up in my facebook feed with 3DS this and 3DS that I get closer to that point where I have to have one. My one saving grace was that I have to stay home and do this assignment, and by the time I get to go to the shops they were supposed to be sold out.

....but now, my assignment is coming along nicely, so I should have it done earlier than expected, and they're apparently not that hard to get a hold of? Don't fucking do this to me, don't make me spend that money.

I have no willpower. Expect my friendcode, and my bank account to be $300 poorer, by the weekend

Deeku

Clipper said:

Sydney

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Time to call them and see if I can just drive over to Mascot and collect the packages.
Mine is still saying out for delivery for both. Am I safe?

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
Mine is still saying out for delivery for both. Am I safe?
Yes. I just called them. They are delivering mine tomorrow morning :(. I'm deciding whether to drive out to Mascot now or not...

Deeku

Clipper said:
Yes. I just called them. They are delivering mine tomorrow morning :(. I'm deciding whether to drive out to Mascot now or not...
How odd, we are literally 5 minutes drive from each other.

Anyway, fingers crossed mine doesn't decide to not show up.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
fisheyes said:
Don't tell me this shit. Its got no games I really want for it yet, and its $300-ish I shouldn't really have to spare, but damn it, every time one of these fuckers pops up in my facebook feed with 3DS this and 3DS that I get closer to that point where I have to have one. My one saving grace was that I have to stay home and do this assignment, and by the time I get to go to the shops they were supposed to be sold out.
Herd mentality. GIVE IN.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:

Drive!

I'll have to drive to the Perth Airport for my brothers tonight.

PEEER PRESSURE

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
How odd, we are literally 5 minutes drive from each other.

Anyway, fingers crossed mine doesn't decide to not show up.
Nah, once it's on the truck the only thing that will stop it is if your Mum is on the toilet and doesn't hear the doorbell or something.Well, none of my friends with cars are answering their phones, so looks like I'm going to catch the bus to pick these up.

It's times like these I regret never learning to drive :S.

Deeku

Clipper said:
Nah, once it's on the truck the only thing that will stop it is if your Mum is on the toilet and doesn't hear the doorbell or something.Well, none of my friends with cars are answering their phones, so looks like I'm going to catch the bus to pick these up.

It's times like these I regret never learning to drive :S.
Haha, good thing I already called her and told her to stay put and not do anything for next oh...3 hours.

It helps that she thinks I'm receiving important work documents.

Clipper

OK, so DHL couldn't get onto the service centre, but they gave me the number and I got through to them. They are calling back in 5 minutes to tell me if I can pick them up or not.

Thank goodness PT is good in Sydney and I have a bus that goes virtually from my door to theirs (400).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Clipper said:

Sydney

Do what I did, lodge a customer contact thing acting worried about what's happened and rambling about the delay causing you to not get it til next week due to no weekend post

as for mine, it was in melbourne thismorning, cleared customs and then went to NSW... COME TO ADELAIDE NOT NSW.

edit: oh snap awesome :O

I'm really hoping mine leaves NSW tonight and gets to SA tomorrow so I can try to go and find it some where

Clipper

HolyCheck said:
Do what I did, lodge a customer contact thing acting worried about what's happened and rambling about the delay causing you to not get it til next week due to no weekend post

as for mine, it was in melbourne thismorning, cleared customs and then went to NSW... COME TO ADELAIDE NOT NSW.

edit: oh snap awesome :O

I'm really hoping mine leaves NSW tonight and gets to SA tomorrow so I can try to go and find it some where
So where is it? Melbourne or NSW? :p

Aagh, this stress is sapping my comprehension skills...

Kritz

Banned
artwork.png

It's too bad I'll never do anything with these drawings, because I kinda like the bleeding effect of the colours.

(sorry for big image)

Clipper

HolyCheck said:
nsw.. but it says "departure scan"

FINGERS CROSSED.

or i'll fly to sydney to get it
Yeah, I sort of misread stuff there. Man, that sucks too. I'll probably be in the same building as your parcel in a short while. I'll try to wish some good tidings onto it...

Deeku

Clipper said:
OK, I'm off to catch a bus. Thank goodness I'll miss rush hour.
You're on target for school zones and buses full of kids and uni students though. Unless it's school holidays already.

Good luck!

mandiller

For those Aussies getting a 3DS add me to your friend list. I've got Street Fighter and others and would be happy to play online:

User: mandiller
Code: 2277-6655-8439

Just PM me with your friend code details when you add me, that way I'll make sure I add you.

jambo

Hopefully getting a table tennis table this weekend, for our currently empty front room. $300 + $65 for a racquet+net+ball set. Way cheaper than I thought it'd be.

Mr. Tone said:
Seems that way. How the hell does that happen?

Sounds like Dick Smith and AAE underestimated just how many pre-orders there would be.

VOOK

Fucked over again for another month, only $347 rent in for the entire month on my investment property. It's $260 a week, you do the math. Fucked over.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
Have fun guys. I'll join you in 6-8 months!

Once I get my bonus in two weeks I won't be able to resist.

You should totally buy one this week and so should I. When we have our subway date, we can play games due to the silence.

Pure genius!

Clipper

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Hating you unemployed uni bums who don't have to be at work right now :p
I'm an employed Uni bum, but yeah, don't 'need' to be at work.

This bus is indeed a school bus too. Still, not long to go now, just left Eastgardens.

Edit: Great. Some woman is complaining to the bus driver that her ankle hurts. She won't shut up about it. If she delays us...

legend166

evlcookie said:
You should totally buy one this week and so should I. When we have our subway date, we can play games due to the silence.

Pure genius!

I like it.

There's a JB Hifi about 10 minutes up the road from my work.

Seriously though, what day do you want to get lunch? I can do any day but Tuesday. Unless you want to come along to our pub lunch that we have. But that would be too awkward. I don't want to have to explain where you're from :p

Shaneus said:
I thought it was just me, but it's about the fifth or sixth photo you've posted where it's not worked (and asked me to login to Live). Perhaps you either need to learn how to use the internet*, or rehost somewhere else?

*sarcasm, the great humour thingy
Poop. I've been using Windows SkyDrive on advice from the PC screenshots thread so I'll start using abload if they aren't showing up. Strange because the screenshots haven't had any problems. Hopefully this works.
photo057407zh.jpg

All this 3DS talk is making it pretty damn hard not to run down to JB and pick one up :(

Fred said:
He never has. Not only that, but he's never had a night where he's only woken up once. Unless you count staying awake until 6:30am. My wife took 12 months off. I don't know how we'd cope if we were both working.
Yeah he usually sleeps from 7:30/8pm until the screaming starts around midnight. Nurofen and dummy helps but it still ends up being another draining night for all involved. Still happy as larry when we get him up in the morning though. My gf wanted to do a tafe course while she is at home with him so she is setup to work in 12 months time but she wouldn't have enough time to do it. A friend of ours went straight back to work 2 months after her daughter was born, the baby spends most of her time with the grandma, can't understand how someone could do that to their kid.

Choc said:
Tennis related mayhem
Total overreaction by Ferrer and his public image will take a huge hit because of it. At the same time who takes a baby to the Tennis? That was like seeing someone with a baby at the movies. It was bad enough taking a baby to the footy where everyone is making noise let alone somewhere you are supposed to be quiet. I'll remember to take my son to the Library for the day tomorrow. I'm sure everybody will love him.

Shaneus said:
Welcome to the Jungle
eBay is your friend, friend.$20

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
I like it.

There's a JB Hifi about 10 minutes up the road from my work.

Seriously though, what day do you want to get lunch? I can do any day but Tuesday. Unless you want to come along to our pub lunch that we have. But that would be too awkward. I don't want to have to explain where you're from :p

No idea. This one on one stuff is freaking me out. I'm a quiet guy in real life, so it's going to be awkward no matter what. I'm probably going to say wednesday or thurs? It all depends on how much work i have on, It sounds like the place is really behind in getting things done so i have to go up and kick some ass.

I also think my lunch is only 30 minutes like it is here, Although getting some extra time won't be too much of an issue. It does take 15 i think to walk from my joint to st leonards.

What time do you usually grab lunch at subbie?

jambo

So fucking annoyed right now. I could just walk in to any number of retail stores and get a 3DS, but because I pre-ordered I have to wait until tomorrow because DSE and AAE can't sort their shit out.

www.whitewhine.com

markot

Banned
Oh I know, but cant you kick em out if they fail to abide by the agreement? (Paying the rent)

I mean, you have to give them 2 weeks notice or something >.< but still.

VOOK

markot said:
Oh I know, but cant you kick em out if they fail to abide by the agreement? (Paying the rent)

No they're paying the rent fine, it's all these stupid fees that are killing me.

Danoss

Kick 'em out Vook and I'll move in. That rent is dirt cheap.

Edit: Oh wait, the rent is $260 a week and you see like $80-90 of it?

ShyGuy

markot said:

This is kinda happening to my sister, very similar scenario.

She has a tenant who is VERY behind in rent, agent gives written notice, tenant pays sums of various amounts of $500, $500, $600, $400 every 3-4 weeks.

This is enough to "get around" the 2-week eviction rule.

Eventually they (real estate agent) were able to send out an notice to vacate and the tenant has advised that he's leaving first week of JUNE.

Basically it's really difficult to rid yourself of bad tenants, but it could be worse. So far he hasn't damaged the property....

markot

Banned
VOOK said:
No they're paying the rent fine, it's all these stupid fees that are killing me.
Oh, did you use an agent >.>? they take the piss, much better to do it all yourself... (My mum rents out a house)

Bernbaum

Choc said:
not sound like a uncultured twat but what is that
It's a competitve card game that is a staple at PAX and a personal favourite of those wonderful people who host(ed) the Idle Thumbs podcasts. The game requires players to trade and bid on various bottles of wine with the winner being the one with the best wine cellar and/or german accent at ze end of ze game.

I've been talking about it on my twitter alot and have probably hyped it up in my mind, but hopefully it's a fun enough romp for us as we test it this afternoon whilst all the trendier people are at home playing their 3DS'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom