• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Choc said:
just as an fyi

i saw that eb are giving $100 trade in value on DS Lites (Not DSi) against 3DS

thats notta bad
That's pretty good. I was planning on keeping it as my GBA machine but I'll probably trade it in and just buy a micro down the road. Is EB also selling the 3DS for the near $300 price point like everyone else?

Choc

Banned
hamchan said:
That's pretty good. I was planning on keeping it as my GBA machine but I'll probably trade it in and just buy a micro down the road. Is EB also selling the 3DS for the near $300 price point like everyone else?

if the eb is close to a place selling 300 bucks they match yes

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maybe i should buy a 3DS for my flight to NSW and to keep me entertained at night.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I will just steal clippers

giri

Choc said:
A baby was bawling in the stands, and Spanish tennis player David Ferrer wasn't happy about it at all.

Trailing in his quarter-final match at the ATP and WTA Masters event in Miami, and annoyed by the crying, Ferrer directed a forehand lob toward the infant after losing his serve midway through the second set.

and he wasn't instantly disqualified. What the fuck.
Why wasn't the kid kicked out, instantly.

Mar

giri said:
Why wasn't the kid kicked out, instantly.

Seriously...

Hey parents, your kids screaming and generally causing chaos is neither cute nor charming. Everyone just wishes you weren't there.

So just got back from my trip to JB Moore Park.

Got blue 3DS + crappy accessory pack + SF4 for $339 (thats the deal apparently, console + accessories + game of your choice)

They seemed to have at least 4 copies of all the games, but only had about 5 consoles left (2 black + 3 or 4 blues)

I'll post my friend code when I get home tonight...

BTW the main reason I ended up getting a local 3DS was a combination of things, mostly because of backwards compatibility with all my DS games (I know the scaling is meant to be shite but hey) and also because my friends and family like to buy games for me for gifts and they are not the sort of people to buy stuff from overseas.

When the inevitable hardware revisions come out in a year or two I might pick up a US 3DS to play all the games that we won't get in Australia.

Excite!

ManeKast

VOOK said:
Huh what wait?!
All ticketed with "as advertised" had everything except SSFIV on special (including Pro Evo Soccer) was Tweed City store, NSW, 2486. I asked the guy at the counter and he said management gave them the go ahead 30 mins prior.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
ManeKast said:
All ticketed with "as advertised" had everything except SSFIV on special (including Pro Evo Soccer) was Tweed City store, NSW, 2486. I asked the guy at the counter and he said management gave them the go ahead 30 mins prior.

Awesome, will check a couple stores this way and let people know!

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
ZOMG!!!! MAH 3DS IS ON ITS WAY TO MY HOUSE AS WE SPEAK!!!1!!11
Nice work! How would your day have panned out if you'd stuck to the local day-one experience? I can't imagine you would have gone to a midnight launch and you'd probably had to have gone into the city before/during/after work anyway to pick it up.

What I'm getting at, is that on a minute-to-minute comparison, that you will be sitting down with 3DS in hand earlier by having imported?

Clipper

Heading home soon to make sure I don't miss the courier. Can't wait for this thing to arrive!
BanShunsaku said:
BTW the main reason I ended up getting a local 3DS was a combination of things, mostly because of backwards compatibility with all my DS games (I know the scaling is meant to be shite but hey) and also because my friends and family like to buy games for me for gifts and they are not the sort of people to buy stuff from overseas.

When the inevitable hardware revisions come out in a year or two I might pick up a US 3DS to play all the games that we won't get in Australia.

Excite!
But, the only DS games a US 3DS won't play is DSi-enhanced ones. All DS-only games are region free.

Clipper said:
Heading home soon to make sure I don't miss the courier. Can't wait for this thing to arrive!
But, the only DS games a US 3DS won't play is DSi-enhanced ones. All DS-only games are region free.

Good point you make.

Oh well, it is bought now.

Choc said:
if yo ucan find it PES is fucking awesome

ive played the jap version for ages and it is sooooo good

I was tossing up between this and SSFIV. I went with SSFIV because it will be better to play in short bursts whilst laying cable.

Aon

I did the same as ban except mine was black. Will probably pick up the advance wars clone tomorrow, the one jb in the CBd (lizabeth st) didn't have it in stock but had every other title ;__;

Buyers remorse still hasn't kicked in yet, yay!

Bernbaum

Got a parcel at work. Enjoyed about 2-3 nanoseconds of delusional joy that my 3DS may have arrived.

The reality of the parcel's contents weren't exactly disappointing, however...

n5j5tv.jpg

Weinhandler! Das ist gut!

Also, glad I went Aqua Blue. So shiny.

Been interesting seeing the reaction of guys at work. Everything from "wow thats awesome" to "you're such a nerd"

Deeku

BanShunsaku said:
So just got back from my trip to JB Moore Park.
Moore Park Supacenter is the secret best place to buy games etc. because most of the people there are there to buy furniture and not videogames. They almost always have stock.

Too bad the EB closed down, I shopped there for more than 7 years.

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Got a parcel at work. Enjoyed about 2-3 nanoseconds of delusional joy that my 3DS may have arrived.

The reality of the parcel's contents weren't exactly disappointing, however...

n5j5tv.jpg

not sound like a uncultured twat but what is that

Choc said:
A baby was bawling in the stands, and Spanish tennis player David Ferrer wasn't happy about it at all.
Fair enough.

Choc said:
Ferrer directed a forehand lob toward the infant after losing his serve midway through the second set.
What the hell?

Couple of years back at an MLB game I saw a bat break in half and fly into the stands, hitting a girl who couldn't have been older than seven or eight right in the face. Wasn't pretty.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
Fair enough.

What the hell?

Couple of years back at an MLB game I saw a bat break in half and fly into the stands, hitting a girl who couldn't have been older than seven or eight right in the face. Wasn't pretty.

at least that was an accident

Bernbaum said:
Nice work! How would your day have panned out if you'd stuck to the local day-one experience? I can't imagine you would have gone to a midnight launch and you'd probably had to have gone into the city before/during/after work anyway to pick it up.

What I'm getting at, is that on a minute-to-minute comparison, that you will be sitting down with 3DS in hand earlier by having imported?
I probably would've ducked out right about right now (lunchtime) and tried to pick up a unit somewhere in the Queen Street Mall... then just sat there working, occasionally glancing into my drawer to admire the box until I got home tonight.

So yeah, importing saved me $75 and a trip to the shops.

This is assuming that the DHL driver saw my note and dropped the package off like I said :-|

Choc

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I probably would've ducked out right about right now (lunchtime) and tried to pick up a unit somewhere in the Queen Street Mall... then just sat there working, occasionally glancing into my drawer to admire the box until I got home tonight.

So yeah, importing saved me $75 and a trip to the shops.

This is assuming that the DHL driver saw my note and dropped the package off like I said :-|

if you track the DHL page vks it should tell you if delivered or delivery attempted. no one at address

Danoss

Those people are paid, really well, to be professionals. Somehow, they still seem to find it difficult to act like one.

Also, I love my new Dell U2311H monitor that was delivered today. I am basking in all its cheap IPS (now calibrated) colour glory.

giri

codswallop said:
Yeah, intentionally attacking a spectator, and a helpless one at that, is deserving of an immediate disqualification and suspension in my opinion.
Maybe they'll think about how they're inconveniencing everyone else before they, you know, ruin someone elses day, now.

Aon

Choc said:
not sound like a uncultured twat but what is that

It's a board game that's about resource management and auctioneering, made popular buy the Idle Thumbs crowd around PAX a while back.

jambo

It's like having a baby at a gold tournament.

The whole thing could have been avoided in the first place by not allowing the couple with the baby in.

Having said that, lobbing the ball towards them in the stands is utterly, utterly stupid.

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
With delivery courier SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA 14:18

!!!!!!!!!!
What? Mine aren't marked as being with the courier. I can only hope that they just forgot to scan them or something. We're in neighbouring suburbs after all...

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
It's like having a baby at a gold tournament.

The whole thing could have been avoided in the first place by not allowing the couple with the baby in.

Having said that, lobbing the ball towards them in the stands is utterly, utterly stupid.

i agree but they probably would get sued for discrimination

edit: i expect photos of US games clip :) steel diver and pilotwings (boxes etc) :D

Clipper

I'm worried. My packages just changed to "Scheduled for Delivery". I think that means they're delayed until tomorrow morning... Somebody hold me :S.

Shaneus

endlessflood said:
OK that's kind of funny :)

So was the issue that you did in fact order the wrong one, or that they shipped the wrong one?
I think I may have ordered the wrong one. When I check my invoice it simply says "Welcome to the Jungle" and that's it. No serial number or picture, so it's hard to know what the hell I actually jumped in on.

I do admit, it is pretty funny though! I was just really looking forward to seeing that movie again :/

Oooh, and cable internets is installed! So happy. GAF is crazy fast. I should be able to browse and steamchat a bazillion times with 1TB at my disposal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom