• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mar said:
What sort of fees? I would imagine that much loss on your return is abnormal.

Strata Levy ($350) and Electricity Supply ($250), the Management Free is nominal and yeah don't care about paying for that.

Clipper

Waiting for a return bus...

photo-15.jpg

Also, I discovered Sydney Airport has rabbits!

Rezbit

Just picked up SFIV and Ridge from Target. Still haven't got my 3DS, it's now at the Post Office. You know, considering the western world kind of revolves around 9-5 workers, it really isn't friendly to them. It is difficult to be home for a package, and then be able to get to a Post Office by 5 o'clock if you happen to miss it. AND the Post Office isn't open on the weekend. Derp.

Bernbaum

Clipper said:
Waiting for a return bus...

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Dr_Clipper/photo-15.jpg[IMG]

Also, I discovered Sydney Airport has rabbits![/QUOTE]
Nice score.

I was the first person outside of Telltale/Lucasarts to play a playable version of Lego Star Wars 3. I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO BE COOL *cries*

Deeku

Delivered - Signed for by : MUM SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA 17:25

Sucessss!!!!! And nice clipper, managed to pick yours up.

Also, I think I may have screwed up my mid semester exam because I spent my break refreshing DHL instead of studying:/

Clipper

Rezbit said:
Just picked up SFIV and Ridge from Target. Still haven't got my 3DS, it's now at the Post Office. You know, considering the western world kind of revolves around 9-5 workers, it really isn't friendly to them. It is difficult to be home for a package, and then be able to get to a Post Office by 5 o'clock if you happen to miss it. AND the Post Office isn't open on the weekend. Derp.
I love my post office (Randwick). It's only a 5 minute walk away, is on my route into Uni and is open on Saturdays until 1pm.

My 3DS friend code thinger is 3050 - 7597 - 3813 (I also added it to the google spreadsheet)

If you want to kick the snot out of me in SSFIV feel free to add me.

Rahk

I haven't been hyped for the 3DS at all and wasn't planning on getting one anytime soon, but now that everyone is showing off their shiny new toys...

I still might wait until a major title comes out.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
anyone know where in brisbane i can see the 3DS live, in action?

i don't want to buy one, but i want to see what the 3D is like.

I added everyone on the 3DS spreadsheet :)

I added another column to the google doc, but on second thought it may not have been necessary. This friend code stuff is fucking confusing! Carry on!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
3437-3068-0646

LETS DO THIS

Mako_Drug

Fucking win! I got my 3DS $75 cheaper than I though I would ^_^ I traded my DSi in at EB when it was worth $100 towards a 3DS but when I went in today to pick it up I noticed they changed it so it was worth $175 so I asked the staff if I would get it at that price and after a few calls to the higher ups and some trickery with their system I ended putting the saved money to a Portal 2 pre-order.

Loving the 3DS so far. 2 streetpasses already :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I added all you sick cunts and will continue to do so as more are added, until I cull those who failed to live up to the hype later on.

Aon

EatChildren said:
I added all you sick cunts and will continue to do so as more are added, until I cull those who failed to live up to the hype later on.

Is this like survivor? Because I will do...
Whatever. It. Takes.

EatChildren

Aon said:
Is this like survivor? Because I will do...
Whatever. It. Takes.

You've already won.

Dennis

Banned
How are the prices on PC stuff in australia?

Is it like the overprices for console hardware and software or are they more in line with the rest of the world?

DennisK4 said:

Is it like the overprices for console hardware and software or are they more in line with the rest of the world?
Some Steam stuff is overpriced compared to other countries, every now and then they will charge full price for stuff like COD.

Otherwise importing retail is still your best friend. Civ 5 and Shogun 2 are $38 at OzGameShop and most pre-orders/new releases are under $45.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
DennisK4 said:

Software yes, Especially day 1 it's only about $10 cheaper than it's console version locally. It's why most of us will try and get it gifted over the steam store, Another DD system or simply import it from the UK where it's like half the price.

Hardware isn't that bad these days. With the dollar being so strong, You're only paying a little bit more which would probably cover shipping from some place like newegg.

A quick comparison to the $1k current built in the PC thread locally would cost around $1200. So only $200 more split over 8 parts.

Mar

VOOK said:
Strata Levy ($350) and Electricity Supply ($250), the Management Free is nominal and yeah don't care about paying for that.
Ahh, you're renting out an apartment? Strata is a killer.

I've rented all my life and I've never known the landlord to pay electricity. Water is common, but not elec.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so someone fill in the naive child over here.

Today a guy from AGL came to the door and said I should be being charged less for being loyal and paying our bills on time and should have got a 100 credit on our account for this. We hadn't. He mumbled on about the utilities hierarchy and said that there was a way this could be fixed or something like that. I asked for ID and told him I'll research it myself.

Was this guy just some salesman or is this an actual thing that happens? My gut reaction was OHOGODSALESMAN but then he actually produced an AGL ID so I'm sort of confused.

Rez said:
Was this guy just some salesman or is this an actual thing that happens? My gut reaction was OHOGODSALESMAN but then he actually produced an AGL ID so I'm sort of confused.
He may have been able to get you a better deal, but he was also most definitely a salesgoon. If you think the deal might be valid, get rid of him as fast as you can, and call them direct. Still definitely a salesgoon.

So glad that a lot of the streetpass bonuses have alternative ways of attaining them (via the whole pedometer currency thing). I don't think I will be passing too many people with a 3DS in Hobart.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
commanderdeek said:
Delivered - Signed for by : MUM SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA 17:25

Sucessss!!!!! And nice clipper, managed to pick yours up.

Also, I think I may have screwed up my mid semester exam because I spent my break refreshing DHL instead of studying:/
Did she actually sign it "Mum"? That's awesome.

mandiller

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Ooh, 3DS is shiny. Got screen protectors on just now and am about to power it up.

Excited.

Congrats! Be sure to post your friend code on the spreadsheet when you're all set up :)

So far I've been playing the most of Street Fighter (I suck at it, but its great fun) and Ridge Racer (which is actually really good). The 3D effect in RR is amazing. I tried out the first mission of Ghost Recon and I'm surprised that it's actually quite a quality title and the 3D also looks great in it. The graphics are much more impressive than I was led to believe by screenshots.

There is also a ton to do even without any games, the 3DS is packed. It'll certainly keep me busy all weekend.

Nemesis_

I consider myself to be pretty good at Street Fighter, having put in at least 100 hours of it on consoles. >_>

4511 - 0486 - 0517

Add me guise!!!!11!! (Lemme know so I can add back)

Rez said:
Ok so someone fill in the naive child over here.

Today a guy from AGL came to the door and said I should be being charged less for being loyal and paying our bills on time and should have got a 100 credit on our account for this. We hadn't. He mumbled on about the utilities hierarchy and said that there was a way this could be fixed or something like that. I asked for ID and told him I'll research it myself.

Had AGL do the same thing with us a few months back. Call your current company and tell them about it. We got a better discount on both Gas and Electricity to stay with them (Red energy by the way). Also there is no such thing as a loyalty credit, some companies give you a 3-7% discount for paying on time though.

Just played Face Raiders for about a minute - it just works. That alone is pretty cool.

Doing a system update now.

EDIT: Got a call to go pick up my better half. Might post more impressions tomorrow.

Mar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Just played Face Raiders for about a minute - it just works. That alone is pretty cool.

Doing a system update now.

EDIT: Got a call to go pick up my better half. Might post more impressions tomorrow.

I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom