• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Boo-urns.

The Hut is having a 10% off sale for April Fool's day. I just put in an order for Mad Men season 3 and Sky Crawlers on Blu Ray.

Aon said:
My debates class is god damn classy. One girl put forward "I heard that apple have already finished production on the iPhone 8 and 9 but are staggering release to artificially inflate demand"

For a girl that dumb I sure hope she physically inflates men's demands.

Danoss

Megadrive said:
For a girl that dumb I sure hope she physically inflates men's demands.
If I don't inflate enough for her, I'll inform her that I'm staggering release on inches 8 and 9 to artificially inflate demand.

Omikron

Looking fwd to using the net on my comfy couch.

206586_10150248933582782_678157781_9149665_8156720_n.jpg

So I'm loving my 3DS after being away from the DS scene for a year or so (I think the last game I bought was Bowser's Inside Story)

What have I missed RPG wise? I wouldn't mind picking up something to play on my shiny new 3DS apart from SSF4.

Any recommendations?

jambo

viciouskillersquirrel said:
What sort of firm is it? Legal?

Yeah legal firm. He left a year or two ago to become a judge's assistant and then supposedly walked in to a Police station on the weekend to turn himself in.

He was always a bit odd, but I never suspected.

BanShunsaku said:
So I'm loving my 3DS after being away from the DS scene for a year or so (I think the last game I bought was Bowser's Inside Story)

What have I missed RPG wise? I wouldn't mind picking up something to play on my shiny new 3DS apart from SSF4.

Any recommendations?
RADIANT HISTORIA.

jambo said:
Yeah legal firm. He left a year or two ago to become a judge's assistant and then supposedly walked in to a Police station on the weekend to turn himself in.

As disgusting as his crimes are, kudos to him for having the balls to turn himself in.

For those who love The Wire / music / quality drama:

Treme is now out on blu ray (I think it has been for a few days now).

Probably my favourite new TV series last year, going to grab a copy this arvo. Fantastic slow-burning story paired with a great soundtrack and some of the best talent from The Wire.

Jintor

jambo said:

Huh.

Urgh.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BanShunsaku said:
For those who love The Wire / music / quality drama:

Treme is now out on blu ray (I think it has been for a few days now).

Probably my favourite new TV series last year, going to grab a copy this arvo. Fantastic slow-burning story paired with a great soundtrack and some of the best talent from The Wire.

Have you seen southland? If not, You should, It's good.

Moonglade moving back to AUS, What a shame holycheck!

Aon

viciouskillersquirrel said:
RADIANT HISTORIA.

Can anyone find a place other than Ebay to actually buy a copy of this in english? I've been hitting all the normal marks to no avail :(

Just picked up a copy of the ghost recon game for 3DS <3

No streetpass hits yet after some hours at uni :(

Aon said:
Can anyone find a place other than Ebay to actually buy a copy of this in english? I've been hitting all the normal marks to no avail :(

Just picked up a copy of the ghost recon game for 3DS <3

No streetpass hits yet after some hours at uni :(
I got mine from videogamesplus.ca

But yeah, Play-Asia's out and so are a bunch of others.

Clipper

I'm hoping I'll get at least one StreetPass hit before the SydGAF meetup.

On that point, legend, do you know if you'll be available on Tuesday yet? We'll probably finalise venue and date tomorrow. If anybody hasn't given their information yet, please do so.

Caramello

Seriously enjoying the 3DS after two days with it :) It's a quality system, better than I hoped for to be honest, just needs some games!!! I have Shadow Wars, only played the first two missions, not enjoying it all that much yet..

Any recommendations on launch games? Any recommendations on DS games that have come out since Chinatown Wars (I'd love a 3DS sequel to that particular title) since I haven't played my DS since then? I'm thinking I might wait for Pilotwings but any recommendations would be appreciated :)

legend166

Clipper said:
I'm hoping I'll get at least one StreetPass hit before the SydGAF meetup.

On that point, legend, do you know if you'll be available on Tuesday yet? We'll probably finalise venue and date tomorrow. If anybody hasn't given their information yet, please do so.

I won't be able to make it on a Tuesday. I play tennis on Tuesday nights.

But don't let that stop you guys. I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to go Thursday, so I'd to have you pick Thursday because of me and then I don't show up.

Jintor

Caramello said:
Seriously enjoying the 3DS after two days with it :) It's a quality system, better than I hoped for to be honest, just needs some games!!! I have Shadow Wars, only played the first two missions, not enjoying it all that much yet..

Any recommendations on launch games? Any recommendations on DS games that have come out since Chinatown Wars (I'd love a 3DS sequel to that particular title) since I haven't played my DS since then? I'm thinking I might wait for Pilotwings but any recommendations would be appreciated :)

Shadow Wars get far better once you get more squad dudes

Mr. Tone

3DS finally showed up, and the box has a massive cut down the front. Everything inside looks fine, though. Not going to stress about it.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
http://www.plant-man.com/temp/supanova.jpg[IMG]

OhGodOhGodOhGodIt'sActuallyHappeningHoldMe[/QUOTE]
I'd visit you if you were in Melbourne :*( Best of luck!

On the upside, Melbourne's weather today is fucking amazing. Despite my love of videogames, it's weather like this that makes me glad I'm not a complete bubble boy.

Aon

Kritz, how about I mail mine down to you then and you Streetpass with that guy so that I can buy another SF figurine to do battle with the people who I won't be Streetpassing with?

How bout that? Also it's sorta interesting looking at the way different games use 3D. Like all the pre installed nintendo stuff uses it to make the Polygonal models seem like are more legitimately polygonal, Street Fighter sort of makes it look like the stage is a 3 layered diorama with little plastic dolls fighting and Ghost Recon sorta just has a three layer UI that's kinda naff but is also kind of a cute way of acknowledging how weird the UI is in strategy games.

Kritz

Banned
I think I know the guy so that'd be cool aon :p

I also accidentally had lunch with my tutor and a bunch of other 3rd and 4th year students. I got invited to a LAN tomorrow. Go me?

Shaneus

I caved and bought NBA 2k11 for PC. But it doesn't count because I don't have it in my hands yet. Gives me around a week to complete as many games as possible before it arrives before the guilt sets in.

I was looking into downloading the Dungeons demo last night. And when I realised it wouldn't work on my Netbook I gave up. Despite the quad core desktop I have sitting in the other room that laughs at its pitiful "recommended" specs.

What has become of me?

Gazunta

They're not my posters, that's my neighbours stuff :)

But anyway for the price of 3 LANSmash tickets you can come to Supanova
and perv on the insanely hot girls wearing tight costumes instead of mouth breathing neckbeard wearing LAN party nerds

Danoss

For the price of zero of those posters, you can play the games that you would play at Lansmash online from the comfort of your own home.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Woo, 3G USB modem from work for next week. Hopefully i don't actually have to use it but it should be enough to lurk on steam and IM at night.

Rez said:
I bought Game of Thrones in the Kindle app and nearly fell asleep after a few pages.

The second anyone calls someone else 'Sir' or seems like a Knight, I'm much less likely to find it interesting.

But then I've never been able to get into LOTR, so maybe I'm just being a Gen Y ADD twat.
TBH I didn't think the first book was all that super, especially at the start. The way ASOIAF is told relies so very heavily on a knowledge on the people and politics of the world that the first book obviously has a very shallow take on things (given that you don't know the people or politics yet). Once that stuff is all properly established you get to sit back and enjoy the ride (in book two but especially book 3 onwards).

guidop

About to go onto a Telstra $59 freedom blah blah Iphone cap anyone want to advise me otherwise? Anyone on Telstra? Tips, tricks, internet deals or pitfalls?

endlessflood said:
TBH I didn't think the first book was all that super, especially at the start. The way ASOIAF is told relies so very heavily on a knowledge on the people and politics of the world that the first book obviously has a very shallow take on things (given that you don't know the people or politics yet). Once that stuff is all properly established you get to sit back and enjoy the ride (in book two but especially book 3 onwards).

Wow @ Karateka avatar.

Still got that game somewhere too I think for the old Apple IIE haha

Danoss

guidop said:
About to go onto a Telstra $59 freedom blah blah Iphone cap anyone want to advise me otherwise? Anyone on Telstra? Tips, tricks, internet deals or pitfalls?
Enjoy your stay. I've been on Telstra for a while now and I can't fault it at all. I'm on prepaid though, as I found that was the best value for me, so I can't advise you on the plans and such.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
cookie did you get your steam account back yet?

Nope. I emailed valve yesterday asking for an update since it had been around or over 5 business days so the money should be there. Still no reply as of right now, So i hope they are looking into it or it's just a small holiday for the customer service guys.

Rahk

Rez said:
I bought Game of Thrones in the Kindle app and nearly fell asleep after a few pages.

The second anyone calls someone else 'Sir' or seems like a Knight, I'm much less likely to find it interesting.

But then I've never been able to get into LOTR, so maybe I'm just being a Gen Y ADD twat.
Took me about 200 pages to get into it. I think it's difficult to get into at the beginning due to the characters switching every chapter. Once you get a feel for the characters and world it will grab you. I think the Wire comparison in that sense is quite fitting.

I've never had an interest in fantasy before I read it. Haven't even seen more than the first LOTR movie.

Kritz

Banned
I should socialize at uni more often. Met some cool doods and learned some useless things and decided to maybe not buy a 3DS until... Tomorrow, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom