• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Goddamn! Time to write another article complaining about that crazy ass bullshit

/edit, wow that site is pimp. I might pick up Shogun 2 because it's Steamworks.

Jintor said:
Goddamn! Time to write another article complaining about that crazy ass bullshit
If you want a ballpark on prices just use gamecafe.com.au, it updates with prices from most of the worthwhile stores although it includes out of stock stuff that hasn't been taken down yet. OzGameShop actually re-stocks most things eventually though which is great for niche titles.

Edit: 99% of the time just check OzGameShop though unless someone has a sale, like Zavvi with their Mad Monday sales. Ecogamer does a round-up most days of any bargains. Steam is great for sales and the odd US equivalently priced title but the publishers have gotten on top of it since COD released at full US price.

legend166

Jintor said:

/edit, wow that site is pimp. I might pick up Shogun 2 because it's Steamworks.

Just get someone on GAF to buy it for you, and pay them with PayPal.

Bernbaum

2rnaddx.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
For a bar for geeks, their website is horrible and should be updated more, or they should scrap it all together and just use facebook

HolyCheck said:
For a bar for geeks, their website is horrible and should be updated more, or they should scrap it all together and just use facebook
They should at least update the games they are offering for play, Raskulls has been out for some time now. Are they geeks or just cater to geeks? I know Yahtzee from his hatred of most modern games (and cuddling of Silent Hill 2) but haven't heard of the others.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Tuesday, 05/04/2011

smh, why does it take from Thursday to Tuesday to get something from melbourne to me.

this is shit.

camerooni

Neo Member
Hey guys, just posted in the Steam thread, but wondering if anyone knew what was happening with the Witcher 2 on Steam.. I'm getting a 'not available in your region' today.

Has it been rated and failed to come in under the 15+?

camerooni said:
Hey guys, just posted in the Steam thread, but wondering if anyone knew what was happening with the Witcher 2 on Steam.. I'm getting a 'not available in your region' today.

Has it been rated and failed to come in under the 15+?
Dukes! Well at the worst they will gimp it for Australian audiences and 'accidentally' allow for an online patch to make it the unrated version like they did with the first game and the cards. Still sucks balls we haven't had any details on what has happened. Still up at GOG for me.

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
Still up at GOG for me.
I discovered that clicking the pre order button on GoG while you're logged in pre orders the game for you with no further prompting. So I guess I just pre ordered The Witcher 2.

Fredescu said:
I discovered that clicking the pre order button on GoG while you're logged in pre orders the game for you with no further prompting. So I guess I just pre ordered The Witcher 2.
It registers you as interested in pre-ordering but you aren't locked in or anything. When the game is released it will ask if you want to buy it, if you don't nothing happens. If you do, it asks you to enter your payment details, etc.

hirokazu

Bernbaum said:
When you go to the Apple store and buy a computer, the entirety of the floor staff will applaud you as you exit and a few other customers are likely to join in.

I love my Mac stuffs but that creeps me the fuck out.
This never happened to me for the one time I bought something there... was I not important enough?

hamchan

Yeah so I watched that Louis Theroux documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church after it was linked in the steam chat, pretty damn good I must say. Now I want to watch the follow up that just came out yesterday.

Yug

Yeah, the Mana Bar website is terrible, couldn't agree more.

Oh, you should be fine getting in this Sunday, I'll just be planning a general 'sunday sessions' event - unless you want me to make mention of the NeoGAF meetup on the event poster?

Omikron

Dear Herald Sun spruikers outside Flinders St station. Please go away and sell your crap paper elsewhere and stop bugging me in the morning.

Bernbaum

Yug said:
Yeah, the Mana Bar website is terrible, couldn't agree more.

Oh, you should be fine getting in this Sunday, I'll just be planning a general 'sunday sessions' event - unless you want me to make mention of the NeoGAF meetup on the event poster?
Thanks for the offer - at present we're looking at about 10 people that have expressed interest, and we all know what our ugly selves look like so there's no need for any special notification.

Starting to think Sunday arvo wasn't too bad an idea after all, at least for my schedule. I've heard good things about the Sunday Sessions, and now that Brisbane isn't "oh my god my skin is melting!" hot anymore, it should be a nice relaxed one.

So, AusGAF, Operation Backlog is rolling along nicely though is likely to have hit its first snag.

Finished Dead Space yesterday. The entire last chapter
on the planet
was as dull as hell:
Move the marker, fight some guys. Move the marker again, fight more guys
. The whole game never felt like it built into any sort of thrilling climax. More like relief that it was finished so didn't have to suddenly play loud music at me. Starting around the end of Chapter 9/start of Chapter 10, the story did start to pick up and get interesting but I felt it never really capitalised on it.

I was previously interested in Dead Space 2, but now after finishing the first I think I'm going to wait until I see it for $15 when I'm short of other things to play, or not bother at all.

But now Operation Backlog has hit a snag. I don't know what to play next, and of most of the remaining (unopened) ones I'm frankly not that interested in playing. Which brings us to the real issue with the backlog: If a game is sitting there unfinished, most of the time is it because you weren't that enamoured with the game in the first place, and don't care to see it all the way through to the end?

Bernbaum

codswallop said:
But now Operation Backlog has hit a snag. I don't know what to play next, and of most of the remaining (unopened) ones I'm frankly not that interested in playing. Which brings us to the real issue with the backlog: If a game is sitting there unfinished, most of the time is it because you weren't that enamoured with the game in the first place, and don't care to see it all the way through to the end?
If you've just finished a whole bunch of stuff back to back - take a break. Read a book, watch a whole season of a TV show or whatever. When you're done, you'll know what you want to play.

Bernbaum

Ah, the first Chocpost of the working week is such a tender precious moment. Like watching a baby chicken pierce its shell for the first time and opening its innocent eyes to the world.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
i got 2 street pass hits on the weekend sererls

I got three on the train on the friday morning. Then (bizarrely) four on the way home - got the train at 11pm. Did not expect 3DSs to be on the prowl at that time.

Bernbaum said:
Read a book, watch a whole season of a TV show or whatever. When you're done, you'll know what you want to play.
Yeah, finishing off three in a week is the same feeling you get when you've eaten a load of takeaway for a whole week.

I have Dragon Age: Awakenings in there, and I'm thinking that's going to be the next one so I can sink my teeth into it a bit.

Bernbaum said:
Like watching a baby chicken pierce its shell for the first time and opening its innocent eyes to the world.
Only if that baby chicken also spews corrosive acid.

Deeku

Drove to uni through ED and tunnel this morning, ate breakfast at a food court, now sitting in library studying.

Streetpasses: 0 :(

Maybe my luck will change when I get coffee!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sydneeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

And i'm at work :( . I still have no idea what i'm doing here to be honest. I guess i need to help them catch up on some things but then i need to ship things out as well, I have no idea about the suburbs here.

Fun times.

MrSerrels

commanderdeek said:
Drove to uni through ED and tunnel this morning, ate breakfast at a food court, now sitting in library studying.

Streetpasses: 0 :(

Maybe my luck will change when I get coffee!

You need to creepily hang around major train stations. That's how you do major Street Pass damage.

Aon

Yeah, on the day after release I got no hits in eight hours of university but then I got a hit on the train home. I always kinda thought it would be the other way around.

My copy of Radiant Historia supposedly shipped, but in the tracking details it says "no events found". Does anyone know what this means?

Clipper

Hits while walking through Randwick and UNSW to my office on Friday and Monday: 0.

Dang it all.

At least my second order of games arrived from Amazon today. Now I get to woo my friends closer to buying their own 3DSes with kittens and puppies :D.

Aon said:
Yeah, on the day after release I got no hits in eight hours of university but then I got a hit on the train home. I always kinda thought it would be the other way around.

My copy of Radiant Historia supposedly shipped, but in the tracking details it says "no events found". Does anyone know what this means?
That usually means that the label has been printed and the package is waiting to be picked up from the distributor you bought from.

Kritz

Banned
Hrm. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to connect the 3DS to the uni wireless. At least not wIthout the security key or at the least a web browser.

Aon

Yeah, I couldn't manage to get the 3DS hooked up even after playing around with the proxy settings for a while :(

There goes some of my SF4 dreams.

Deeku

MrSerrels said:
You need to creepily hang around major train stations. That's how you do major Street Pass damage.
Heh, maybe I should give that a try. But I was certain there would be other people crawling through the tunnel traffic with their 3ds's strapped into the front passenger seat.

Kritz

Banned
Aon said:
Yeah, I couldn't manage to get the 3DS hooked up even after playing around with the proxy settings for a while :(

There goes some of my SF4 dreams.
Utas uses certificates to authenticate devices, and it logs each device's MAC before it can initially connect, which uses a web browser. And ninty decided it'd be a good idea not to have one on launch.

Clipper

Kritz said:
Hrm. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to connect the 3DS to the uni wireless. At least not wIthout the security key or at the least a web browser.
I posted abut this exact problem several (well, 22) pages ago. There's an app called Connectify that will let you use your PC's wireless card as a go-between for the 3DS and tricky wireless networks. I was adding friends from my 3DS at USNW on Friday, and the WiFi here requires WPA2-Enterprise, which is unsupported by the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom