• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

Clipper said:
OK, guys. SydGAF Meetup is on like Donkey Kong.

It seems like Thursday at the Australian Heritage Hotel in The Rocks is the most popular day and location still, so that's the plan. I'll try to arrange a table on the night under the name SydGAF. Now we just need a time.

How about we say 7pm? You can go directly to the bar, but I'll be at Circular Quay at 6:30pm then moving to meet Cookie at Lang Park on York St (nearby Wynyard) at about 6:45pm and then we'll go off to the Australian. If you want to meet us at either of those locations, PM me so I know who to look for and we can work out exact places.

We have 7 potential attendees according to the signup form, but everyone who can make it is still welcome. To those that aren't able to come, we'll try to do it again soon (gotta catch up to BrisGAF 3DS after all).

Edit: please note, time and order of the meetups were switched about a bit on Saturday night. I changed the above to reflect the new schedule.

Thursday huh. I was about to say I couldn't make Thursday after all. Had a new program made up for me at the gym and the dude offered to run me through it free of charge next Thursday.

However, the SydGAF takes precedent so I'll let him know I can't make it.

I still find this air of secrecy kind of unsettling. Who are the 7 people? Is this a trap?

Dead Man

HolyCheck said:
Yes! Watching it on delay (taped it) did not see it coming after the battle!
I've downloaded most of the eps, but I've never got around to watching these finales, so it's all new to me, and pretty cool.

Axiom

Saw Garfunkel & Oates tonight at the comedy festival. Fucking amazing, and holy crap they are cute on film and on video but in person they are straight up gorgeous. Got a CD signed and all.

The Headliners act they're a part of comes highly recommended.

Shaneus

Have come home drunk, apparently a stabbing in a Geelong CBD McDonald's. You heard it (without any specific details) here first!

Shaneus

Axiom said:
Well that killed my buzz
DP but at least it's in a state where people would actively do something, as opposed to South Australia where they're known to be lazy feckers*.

*sarcasm duh. I'm just glad there's someone I can actively partition towards.

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
DP but at least it's in a state where people would actively do something, as opposed to South Australia where they're known to be lazy feckers*.

*sarcasm duh. I'm just glad there's someone I can actively partition towards.
Victoria does like to copy SA... too bad they chose this issue. :p

Shaneus said:
Have come home drunk, apparently a stabbing in a Geelong CBD McDonald's. You heard it (without any specific details) here first!
Sounds like at typical Saturday in Geelong. Also found this funny.
facebookyb4g.png
Maybe she did the stabbing?

jambo

If anyone likes trance, tune in to A State Of Trance 500 all day today, live from Club G.E.B.A. in Buenos Aires, Argentina!

www.astateoftrance.com

Omikron

Bernbaum said:

Amazing huh. Who would have thought!

Also...

[url=http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/games/video-games-reform-rebuffed-over-violence-fears-20110402-1csmm.html]The Age[/url] said:
LONG-AWAITED reforms of Australia’s censorship of computer games look set to fail after Victoria declared its strong concern that the move will legalise games with ‘‘high levels of graphic, frequent and gratuitous violence’’.

Backed by a groundswell of support from the gaming community, the Gillard government is determined to fix the classification system for computer games, which allows unsuitable games to be rated for 15-year-olds, yet bans popular games for adults.

But the Baillieu government’s Attorney-General, Robert Clark, has echoed the concerns of the Australian Christian Lobby, putting him on a collision course with Canberra, which requires the backing of all states and territories to change classification laws.

Good to know that the Baillieu govt looks like being such a new modern party that they were proclaiming to be.

Jintor

Bernbaum said:

Brendan's in the right of it, but it really doesn't matter because it still takes one vote for the AG's to fuck us all over.

Again.

/edit I don't know who NSW's new AG will be. Let's see what O'Farrell does.

Shaneus

I thought there was movement to stop that kind of single-point-of-failure legislation not just regarding R18+, but in general?

Clipper

Shaneus said:
I thought there was movement to stop that kind of single-point-of-failure legislation not just regarding R18+, but in general?
Yeah, the article mentions that too. Basically, if they don't make a decision, the Gillard government has said they'll do something. We don't know what they will or even can do, but we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it doesn't require a referendum...

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
I think it is a bit of a convoluted process, but I hope peoples fine words on that were not just hot air. Single person vetoes are not the way to run a federation of states.

Hey AUS GAF! How are we all?! I’m just popping in here to give you all my:

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2831-4653

Please PM me to let me know that you’ve added me so I can add you back.

Clipper

Mar said:
I still find this air of secrecy kind of unsettling. Who are the 7 people? Is this a trap?

I wanted to let you squirm a bit on that one, but now that we have a few more confirmed people, I might as well post this summary again (which I did post a few days ago, but you must have ignored me).

Darklord

Banned
Omi said:
Amazing huh. Who would have thought!

Also...

Good to know that the Baillieu govt looks like being such a new modern party that they were proclaiming to be.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. These people are so fucking stupid.

Mar

Clipper said:
I wanted to let you squirm a bit on that one, but now that we have a few more confirmed people, I might as well post this summary again (which I did post a few days ago, but you must have ignored me).

Ahh, thanks. Must have missed that one.

Also, BSS has confirmed his attendance. We will both rock up around 7pm at this... 'Australian'.

So I decided to try Foxtel on 360, just got the starter package. If I only want to try it for the one month what do I do? Does it auto renew every month?

Strangely through a Facebook association about the new footy game I got thinking about an old racing game that was awesome, which was also made by an Australian company, Powerslide. Whatever happened to those guys when they got shutdown? Did they end up at another developer?

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Strangely through a Facebook association about the new footy game I got thinking about an old racing game that was awesome, which was also made by an Australian company, Powerslide.
ZSFOg.jpg

Shaneus said:
*BROFISTOFGLORY*

Another awesome Aussie game that came out around that time was Dark Reign. How they went from Dark Reign to the turd that was Fury I will never understand. They are the only 2 major release Aussie games I can think of (aside from licensed stuff).

Edit: Actually here is some good info in case anyone else has forgotten about Australian developement.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
*BROFISTOFGLORY*

Another awesome Aussie game that came out around that time was Dark Reign. How they went from Dark Reign to the turd that was Fury I will never understand. They are the only 2 major release Aussie games I can think of (aside from licensed stuff).

Edit: Actually here is some good info in case anyone else has forgotten about Australian developement.
My favourite Aussie game of that period (almost massively) was Le Mans 24 Hour on Dreamcast. Best graphics I'd seen to date on anything and fun as all hell. Glowing brake discs looked incredible.

Oh, and don't try getting Powerslide on Windows 7. It's a futile effort :( I'd love to see it get a mini-port to something like Steam, PSN or XBLA. Would be perfect, piss-easy to transfer and surely offer some insanely fun multiplayer.

legend166

HolyCheck said:
You can not tell me you think you deserved that free kick

Pretty sure the Bombers got 4 goals in the first quarter directly resulting from free kicks.

So, in conclusion, cop that!

Stick that up you Hird and especially Thompson, you wanker!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
Pretty sure the Bombers got 4 goals in the first quarter directly resulting from free kicks.

So, in conclusion, cop that!

Stick that up you Hird and especially Thompson, you wanker!

Talk about the one that matters :p

i'm not one to bitch about umpiring, I wont even mention the what 30 - 7 free kick count in the 2nd and 3rd...

just that last one.

Bernbaum

When you go to the Apple store and buy a computer, the entirety of the floor staff will applaud you as you exit and a few other customers are likely to join in.

I love my Mac stuffs but that creeps me the fuck out.

markot

Banned
Bernbaum said:
When you go to the Apple store and buy a computer, the entirety of the floor staff will applaud you as you exit and a few other customers are likely to join in.

The_Leader.jpg

Jintor

So how much are US prices for DA2, Bulletstorm, and Shogun 2? They're, like, $70 on the SteamAU store... and I've resolved not to buy until it falls under $50... but I really want to play DA2 now :T

So Radiant Historia is the game that just won't end. Every time I think I'm fighting the final battle, I win only to have the game inform me that no, this isn't the end.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but this is like LotR:RotK all over again with the endless series if fakeouts.

Bernbaum said:

DSC00591.JPG

Fredescu

Jintor said:
So how much are US prices for DA2, Bulletstorm, and Shogun 2?
As long as by "now" you mean "roughly two weeks from now", Shogun2 and DA2 are cheap on Ozgameshop. $44 for DA2 and $36 for Shogun 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom