• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
legend166 said:
don't even joke about that : (
Do you see any coloured smoke? Kindles burn purple, looks glorious under fluorescent lights.
Harass the crap out of DHL and tell them to deliver it to your work since they can't be bothered doing their job properly. Most of the DHL drivers I deal with are incredibly lazy and only care about getting the job done as quickly as possible.

Edit: Glorious spider free page for the 50pp crowd

Deeku

Cookie, if you're into comics or manga, you should stop by at Kinokuniya. It's on the lvl 2 of The Galleries Victoria, which is opposite QVB (another place where you may want to walk through) and is a minute from Myer.

Omikron

Nothing is worse than having an epic afternoon of your thoughts translating to code in such a glorious way and then running into an immovable limitation of your development platform.

Fuck.

Time to procrastinate again.

Danoss

-Deadpool- said:
Just remembered I posted a bunch to my photobucket for the photography forums (I'll link 'em so I don't freak the arachnophobes haha);

One

Two

Three

And one for a caption comp :p
Thanks for sharing man. We should flood the photography thread with macro shots and knock those guys out of their wanky, douche filter, centre-composed slumber.

I've got to figure out where to find these little guys, though it doesn't help that they're tiny to begin with.

HolyCheck said:
ITS FUCKING HERE HERE HERE HERE HERE
Haha, this produced a hearty laugh from me. Enjoy.

Hopefully mine isn't too far behind, currently on its way to a UPS sorting centre in the US.

Frawdder

Skipping half the thread because of spider pictures

DON'T POST THE IMAGINE, LINK IT FFS!!

Having a goddam panic attack over here.

Edit: Oh jesus the post above me was not something I wanted to see after hitting the post button.

Fredescu

c2fpr.jpg

Shaneus

Just swapped a banned HDMI 360 for a non-banned non-HDMI 360 with a guy at my work. He knows it's banned but because he only plays offline he doesn't care. As the video port on my current launch 360 is janky, quite happy. The weather here is fucking beautiful, too... so pretty chuffed all 'round!

legend166

Danoss said:
Thanks for sharing man. We should flood the photography thread with macro shots and knock those guys out of their wanky, douche filter, centre-composed slumber.

I've got to figure out where to find these little guys, though it doesn't help that they're tiny to begin with.

I'm about to make a thread on the OT about the spiders I saw in my backyard. Always funny seeing the reaction of the yanks.

I shall call it 'Do you know why Australian men are such manly men?'

Danoss

Heh, I'll run with Fred's theme of photos to balance out Choc's venomous beast.

imZunm.jpg

legend166 said:
I'm about to make a thread on the OT about the spiders I saw in my backyard. Always funny seeing the reaction of the yanks.

I shall call it 'Do you know why Australian men are such manly men?'
Will need Funnel Web, Taipan and Scorpion photos. It's a shame I don't have my pet desert scorpion around to snap shots of anymore.

commanderdeek said:
Cookie, if you're into comics or manga, you should stop by at Kinokuniya. It's on the lvl 2 of The Galleries Victoria, which is opposite QVB (another place where you may want to walk through) and is a minute from Myer.

Also while you are there you could hit up Ichiban boshi for some nice ramen. It's dead cheap too at ~$10/bowl.

Choc said:
ok guys funs over :)

we clearly have some major arachnophobes in ausgaf (i am arachnophobic to the big ones)q
I think I hate big spiders after growing up in the country and spending nights at my grandma's place. She let the spiders run the house. It was creepy. I don't mind leaving daddy longlegs or other small spiders but anything big and hairy must go outside.

Omi said:
Time to procrastinate again.
Marble Hornets ARG

Clipper

On the spider thing, when I moved out from my Brissy home I did some cleaning I hadn't done in a while like looking in the space behind the drawers built into my bed that the mattress had been covering. There was a family of redbacks in there. I had likely been sleeping within a metre of a redback nest for quite some time...

I still sleep on that bed when I go back home, though :).

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
Haha, was just about to post this.

I usually go to Bondi one because a. it's closer to me, and b. there's always a seat and no line.

is ichi ban boshi the place i always see with massive lines in photos?

Shaneus

Danoss said:
Heh, I'll run with Fred's theme of photos to balance out Choc's venomous beast.

http://k.min.us/imZunm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I love those little fucking things. My mum (who worked as a lab tech at a high school in Geelong) brought two of them home for us to take care of over the end-of-year school holidays. Adorable.

Salazar

First rainy day in the UK. Had one in Venice, but this is cold too. Time for pubs with fireplaces. I may be very drunk by the time I have to stumble back.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ah Apple, Rumours are starting that they will open a Melb CBD store in or around the crown, 5 minutes from my apple store where i'm employed.

Guess that's the end of that store. You also can't apply if you have worked with a third party reseller either, Apple can't train you to be one of their drones since you've seen how they really operate.

I also can't connect to steam or various sites. Anyone else having steam issues or is it just my 3G up shit creek? Gaf works though and imo.im for my msn.

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
Ah Apple, Rumours are starting that they will open a Melb CBD store in or around the crown, 5 minutes from my apple store where i'm employed.

Guess that's the end of that store. You also can't apply if you have worked with a third party reseller either, Apple can't train you to be one of their drones since you've seen how they really operate.

I also can't connect to steam or various sites. Anyone else having steam issues or is it just my 3G up shit creek? Gaf works though and imo.im for my msn.
wtf

Aon

evlcookie said:

I now know where you work :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:

Haha yea. I'm confident you are unable to apply if you have worked for next byte, compnow, streetwise, etc etc etc.

I'm sure most people who have worked for an apple reseller wouldn't mind jumping to apple, There's a good chance they pay more in every way possible. Doesn't seem like it's possible though.

I should clarify. I believe you could actually apply but the chance of you getting the job based on working at previous apple resellers would be very very low. I don't know of anyone who has actually moved from a reseller to Apple themselves, They usually just move between resellers.

Aon said:
I now know where you work :p

I wouldn't have thought it to be that hard to figure out, Although i've always tried to keep it on the low for some reason. I don't think i've spilled any super secrets lol. Social networking + where you work seems to be a bad combination, That's for sure.

Tntnnbltn

legend166 said:
You have to pay to watch Starcraft?
Low quality live stream for free, probably at the most inconvenient time for Australians...

vs

1080p stream + all matches available as VODs for $25 $20

Aon

That was the nice thing about the game previously being mostly played in Korea is so far as the time of day goes.

Rezbit

Hey guys, added a few of you to my 3DS, will add more later! Keen to play some SFIV, haven't really given the system a good thrashing yet.

School holidays coming up next week, so more time for 3DS and GAF, which I have been neglecting for ages!

remz

viciouskillersquirrel said:
EDIT: Also, Remz, the code you put in there is invalid - my 3DS won't let me add you.
Huh? I didn't put any code in there. Who did that!? :O

my actual code: 4553-9985-7998

PS: I'm adding EVERYONE with ssf4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom