• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
I Shopped at Harrolds, It's a fancy looking place and i strolled in with my jeans and shitty hoodie on. Talk about a place that over does things, fancy little box with my purchase, wrapped nicely and i had to fill out some form so i'm not on a mailing list i guess but whatever.

They didn't have my body wash but they did have my art of shaving aftershave so i'm happy about that and the price wasn't all that insane compared to online + shipping.

I doubt my slob of a self would be buying anything else there though.

Ta! It's tempting. I was thinking i could put some blood in the background, like he has killed someone and while still angry has felt the need to eat a cookie. My photoshop skills aren't all that crash hot though, so transparency may just work.

wait what? fill out a form to not be on a mailing list?

Danoss

evlcookie said:
I was thinking i could put some blood in the background, like he has killed someone and while still angry has felt the need to eat a cookie. My photoshop skills aren't all that crash hot though, so transparency may just work.
Something like any of these? It's pretty much the best I could do.

im95Ng.png
im97Vo.png
im4whM.png

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc, I messed that up. I meant to be put on their mailing list, to make ordering more personal I guess. Maybe that's how fancy people roll.

Haha danoss, those look good. Will check them out some more when Im not on the iPhone.

Kritz

Banned
I already don't like the 120x100 avatars. :mad:

Now I have to draw a new avatar to be my main, bleh. Although I could probably still stick with my Scott Pilgrim inspired one.

Installed the auto-refresh and user highlighter Greasemonkey scripts on Chrome at work (thanks for pointing them out, Jambo!), went to install them at home and realised they were already installed.

Love living in the future.

As expected CotD don't have any 3DS's left, so they offered me a full refund. So I might give Nintendo a call, hopefully they give me a new one considering it is brand new. It has really turned me off the 3DS unfortunately... :(

Danoss

Sutton Dagger said:
As expected CotD don't have any 3DS's left, so they offered me a full refund.
How convenient.

Sorry to hear that man. If you don't have any luck, ordering one from Amazon isn't too much more than the CotD price. Once you add in a game or two, it works out to be excellent value.

Danoss said:
How convenient.

Sorry to hear that man. If you don't have any luck, ordering one from Amazon isn't too much more than the CotD price. Once you add in a game or two, it works out to be excellent value.

Cool, maybe I should keep my options open. Cheers mate.

Agyar

New avatar in use. Couldn't figure out how to make the internally hosted avatar display, so I just externally hosted the new one.

jambo

Choc said:
For context to the last post

Pauline Hanson has won an upper house seat in the NSW Parliament

Any politician who's key policy issue is the xenophobic eradication of multiculturalism shouldn't get a single vote in a modern first world country.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Any politician who's key policy issue is the xenophobic eradication of multiculturalism shouldn't get a single vote in a modern first world country.

i don't support hanson, far from it. But David Cameron has said the exact same stuff in the UK and he is their PM

he says multiculturism is a failure

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Agyar said:
New avatar in use. Couldn't figure out how to make the internally hosted avatar display, so I just externally hosted the new one.

User CP > Avatar > Either upload one or just link to it and hit save changes. Done.

jambo

Choc said:
i don't support hanson, far from it. But David Cameron has said the exact same stuff in the UK and he is their PM

he says multiculturism is a failure

He really didn't say the exact same stuff. In Hanson's first speech she singled out Asian's and said that they come from, and I quote, "ghettos." She then went on to say that 90% of Australian's didn't want people from Japan, India and other countries living here.

Cameron on the other hand said "Under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and apart from the mainstream. We’ve failed to provide a vision of society to which they feel they want to belong. We’ve even tolerated these segregated communities behaving in ways that run completely counter to our values." He's clearly talking about the different groups in British society being too cut off from one another. Multiculturalism is a wonderful thing, but only if there is healthy interaction between the different groups that make up society.

If someone with mad photoshop skillz wants to do a fancy png I'd love them forever. I lack such skillz and don't want to fuck up Gaz's fine work...

Ventron

Rlan said:
I forgot about BrisGAF meetup :(

How could you :( I wanted to ask you about your GamerBytes website, I sent you an email hoping for a plug for Bonded Realities (my RPG on Xbox Indies) a while ago but got no reply.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
Yeah cookie I reckon yours would look better without the blood. Especially as a transparency-enabled .png.

I wanted to try and white out his eyes since the cookie monster has giant wonky eyes but it removes the neogaf colours.

Something to mess with at work or over the weekend i guess.

Kritz

Banned
We now have like four people who have Project Reality on their computers.

AUSGAF, you know you want to join in.

If you don't know what it is, it's a realism mod for Battlefield 2 with an extremely strong focus on teamwork, communication and slow pacing. It feels like someone made a game from Generation Kill. It has a single Australian server that fills up every night, and it's the most rewarding shooter I've ever played.

The installation files are on games.on.net, and require a copy of Battlefield 2 installed on your machine (works with both retail and steam copies). You'll also need a microphone and the ability to communicate as the game depends on constant feedback from other players.

If enough people started playing we could have dedicated AusGAF infantry squads! :eek:

I have hours of footage on my HDD of my gameplay experience. One day I might stitch it all together into a video. Probably not.

Danoss

BanShunsaku said:
If someone with mad photoshop skillz wants to do a fancy png I'd love them forever. I lack such skillz and don't want to fuck up Gaz's fine work...
Done

im8ZTA.png

Edit: Try this version Ban, I missed a spot on the on you've got on now.

Danoss

BanShunsaku said:
A scholar and a gentleman, thankyou Sir.
No probs man. If you missed my edit, grab the new pic there, I fixed an error I made.

Also, I'd love a Gazatar, but have no idea what to go for/harass Gazunta to make for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom