• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Didn't think there was a limit on externally hosted ones, and if there was, all of them would have to reviewed 1 by 1 by mods.

giri

jambo said:
Didn't think there was a limit on externally hosted ones, and if there was, all of them would have to reviewed 1 by 1 by mods.
There is a theoretical limit. I think it only got enforced if you noticibly slowed down a mod loading a page, for that reason.

Enslaved is here!

...time to add it to the other two unopened games on the shelf. Operation Backlog has seen me finish four games and buy two games. In the overall scheme of things that's a lot slower than I would've wanted but I'm sure it's some sort of progress.

Fredescu

jambo said:
Didn't think there was a limit on externally hosted ones
Of course there was, because there were no internally hosted ones.

jambo said:
all of them would have to reviewed 1 by 1 by mods.
Enforcement was through the tried and true method of bitching to a mod.

jambo said:
Is the wink in your avatar really that important?
His avatar is smaller than yours.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
Enslaved is here!

...time to add it to the other two unopened games on the shelf. Operation Backlog has seen me finish four games and buy two games. In the overall scheme of things that's a lot slower than I would've wanted but I'm sure it's some sort of progress.
Pretty much why I haven't bought any (NBA 2k11 not withstanding)... but then again I haven't really finished any. Valve need to get of their collective arses and get Comfy Couch working. As it stands there's too much fucking around for me to get PC gaming on my TV and it just winds up feeling like it's not worth the effort... but I can almost taste the end of the story in Red Faction so there's one (almost) down.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gaz, Can you draw me an evil cookie monster? :(

Shall be interesting to see what other improvements evilore wants to bring the GAF with the new server.

jambo

Fredescu said:
Of course there was, because there were no internally hosted ones.

Touché

Fredescu said:
Enforcement was through the tried and true method of bitching to a mod.

Figured

Fredescu said:
His avatar is smaller than yours.

I get that a lot ;)

I am so tired, but awake at the same time today.

Stayed up until 4am on Friday night playing pool and then having some supper at Café de Vili's. Saturday I woke up at 9.30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I was up till 2am Sunday morning and then woke up at 4.30 am to listen live to A State Of Trance 500 Day 4, life from Den Bosch in the Netherlands. Fell asleep at about 8 last night and got up 7.30 as usual for work.

The thing that sucks is that I slaved for hours
circa 2008
trying to figure out how to animate the wink and get it to do so smoothly. Not to mention doing the same for my special Christmas avatar.

HOURS wasted.

Gazunta

evlcookie said:
Gaz, Can you draw me an evil cookie monster? :(

Shall be interesting to see what other improvements evilore wants to bring the GAF with the new server.
Do you want a pot plant on his head? :)

I'll knock it together during lunch.

BTW - it's Old Video Game Jokes week again on Funny Webcomic, taking suggestions!

Mar

legend166 said:
On another note, no more animated gifs for avatars.

Whhhhaaaaattttt?!?!?

This is the worst thing to ever happen on this forum. I can understand a strain on infrastructure, but hamstringing your users is not a good solution in my mind.

Kritz

Banned
Also the end of rotational avatars once we move to internal only.

Also means I can't secretly track neogaf stats :(

I kinda dislike having 100x120 avatars, though.

They want to bring them in-house and also allow the "turn off avatars" option to, you know, actually turn them off. Plus they say it's distracting.

giri

Gazunta said:
Do you want a pot plant on his head? :)

I'll knock it together during lunch.

BTW - it's Old Video Game Jokes week again on Funny Webcomic, taking suggestions!
I know it's probably not retro gamer matieral yet, but i always felt wolf3d man never got enough love in the general populace.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
They want to bring them in-house and also allow the "turn off avatars" option to, you know, actually turn them off. Plus they say it's distracting.
certainly some of them are in the main threads......

codswallop said:
Being able to turn off avatars completely would've been a positive boon before I got a hold of my copy of Pokemon last week. It would've been nice to not have had the
water starter's final evo, the turtle 'mon and the terrier 'mon
spoiled before I'd started playing the game.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Speedball 2! Or anything Bitmap Brothers... I always figured the guy who ran the store in Xenon 2 could offer some good comedic lines but he'd be a bitch to draw.

Aon said:
New Aon avatar, go!

And thank god for the death of GIF avatars.

Also new avatar for me. not much different though, haha.

I've always liked gif avatars. oh well you shall be sorely missed amusing little frames of joy.

Ok.....so u guys are all enjoying your 3DS and im on the verge of caving and buying one.
Alas i cannot spare that cash atm, so i will invest in a new PSP game instead.

problem is what should i get. im thinking.
- New dissidia
- The legend of heroes
- naruto shippuden: kizuna drive

Thoughts/Suggestions?
(something i can play on the go)
Thanks!

Choc

Banned
dissidia for sure if its for portable play

also, have people been banned bitching about the av's?

edit: we can't build enough towers to have a good network so we will make you buy your own

http://www.optus.com.au/home/mobile-phones/homezone/

tldr; optus has shit network. selling product to boost home 3G signal through internet connection; has ongoing cost; just so you can get 3G phone reception in house

hamchan

Marshmellow said:
Ok.....so u guys are all enjoying your 3DS and im on the verge of caving and buying one.

- New dissidia
- The legend of heroes

Thoughts/Suggestions?
Thanks!
New Dissidia because I really liked the first Dissidia. I think I played the Legend of Heroes a long time ago and fell asleep.

Deeku

Marshmellow said:

- New dissidia
- The legend of heroes

Thoughts/Suggestions?
Thanks!
Tactics Ogre!

Gazunta

Not really sure what the new resolutions are for Avatars (I'll fix mine up when I get home tonight) so here's a 600 pixel version you can muck about with Cookie

Edit: God damn it the colours are different on my LCD than they are on the Cintiq, agh, Cookie lemme know if you want it fixed

hamchan said:
New Dissidia because I really liked the first Dissidia. I think I played the Legend of Heroes a long time ago and fell asleep.

Cheers. yea love dissidia, think i shall get the new one. am i right in saying its a PSN DL/expansion cause i cant see it on play-asia at all.

The new LoH got a high review, 50 hours of gameplay and i checked out the gaf thread, seems fun. got it from play-asia for 40 bucks. hopefully it doesn't put me to sleep, heh.

jambo

Gazunta said:
Yep

BTW the imgur extension for Neogaf in Chrome is a lifesaver.

G89GN.gif

I use

- NeoGAF FUUUUUUU Smilies [Turns :lol and :D to Smilies]
- NeoGAF Live Thread [Automatically update a thread with new posts.]
- NeoGAF User Highlighter [Highlights your posts, quotes, and threads on NeoGAF!]
- Imgur the world
- TinEye Reverse Image Search
- Image Properties Context Menu
- Google Mail Checker
- ESPN Cricinfo
- YouTube Downloader
- SoundCloud Downloader

Just need an AFL live scores app and I'll be all set!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Thanks gaz :D

I might have to install some of those extensions at home as well on chrome. I tried to use opera again after having to format due to my SSD dying (i think it's dead) and the lack of not being able to connect to localhost and no sabnzbd plug-in made me switch back to chrome.

I still kinda love opera but it's so hard to go back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom