• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You can now preload portal 2 over steam. 9,951.2MB in size.

I think i'm currently getting it from the 3FL servers. Let's hope so!

evlcookie said:

I'd love to grab Portal 2 but I never worked out a way to get around the first game giving me motion sickness (changing FOV etc didn't work)

Hopefully there will be a demo or something to try, although I'm assuming I'll probably have the same issues :(

Shaneus

Pretty impressive lineup they have, despite me not being REALLY interested in any of them. I'm curious to see what The Hives would be like live. I'd imagine "pretty good".

Danoss

Salazar said:
I am not in the league, nor the vicinity, of Korean popstars.
Ah well, carry on defending her honour, she needs internet champions like yourself; especially being all irritating and lizard-like.

evlcookie said:

Thanks man, downloading now. Also, Frey's Steam Filter is your friend.

Bernbaum

Stackboy said:
Splendour in the Grass lineup is out:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/28134/Splendour-in-the-Grass-2011-lineup

I might travel to Syd or Melb to see Modest Mouse or Hives sideshow. I can't do festival crowds anymore and I've been to all SITG's except for 2.
Gomez all the way down the bottom of the list? They were one of the top billings to one I went to in 2002.

Mogwai has me intrigued. Was disappointed when I saw Modest Mouse last - hopefully they're less shit this time.

Kanye and Coldplay mean this motherfucker is gonna sell out fast.

Also, Hives out-billing Mars Volta? I didn't think the Hives were that big at all. Fuck, their first album 'Barely Legal' was a full-blown punkrock affair and everything afterwards has been boooooring.

giri

Bernbaum said:
Gomez all the way down the bottom of the list? They were one of the top billings to one I went to in 2002.

Mogwai has me intrigued. Was disappointed when I saw Modest Mouse last - hopefully they're less shit this time.

Kanye and Coldplay mean this motherfucker is gonna sell out fast.

Also, Hives out-billing Mars Volta? I didn't think the Hives were that big at all. Fuck, their first album 'Barely Legal' was a full-blown punkrock affair and everything afterwards has been boooooring.
Coldplay? Vomit.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
Guess I'm a fool. I don't feel compelled in any way, shape or form to pick it up, even though it is a "good price".
michael%20jackson%20the%20experience%20xbox360.jpg

Shaneus

giri said:
Whys that?
Buying a second one? I have absolutely no idea. I think I just feel compelled to buy stuff when it's ridiculously cheap. Explains why I have three 360 HD-DVD drives and a massive backlog :(

Danoss

evlcookie said:
Magicka complete pack for $8 on steam, Guess i will pick that up.

Fuck it :/
Damn you for telling me!

Bought.

Edit: Booo, Steam crashed during purchase, now my Portal 2 pre-loading won't resume without crashing Steam again, over and over.

Edit 2: Frey's was the problem.

giri

Shaneus said:
Buying a second one? I have absolutely no idea. I think I just feel compelled to buy stuff when it's ridiculously cheap. Explains why I have three 360 HD-DVD drives and a massive backlog :(
I meant buying one if the first place :|

Unless portal 2 becomes kinect, and i can get a IRL portal gun, i'm not overly worried.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Danoss said:
Damn you for telling me!

Bought.

Edit: Booo, Steam crashed during purchase, now my Portal 2 pre-loading won't resume without crashing Steam again, over and over.

Edit 2: Frey's was the problem.

Use the batch file and see how that goes. I swear it's removed all my issues that freys gave me, the long ass loading times, constant freezing etc.

Could just be a placebo effect and portal 2 might not even be downloading from a local server, Will find out tonight after work :D

Shaneus

Danoss said:
Another fool chiming in. I'd rather have $112.78
Plus postage!

In other news, I tried continuing on Operation Backlog with Kane & Lynch on PC. Had numerous texture errors, actually played through the first act/stage in what I thought was the smoke/crash haze because I didn't know the game itself was fucked. Can't be bothered fixing it, so I went on to play Virtua Racing via PCSX2 instead.

Danoss

evlcookie said:
Use the batch file and see how that goes. I swear it's removed all my issues that freys gave me, the long ass loading times, constant freezing etc.

Could just be a placebo effect and portal 2 might not even be downloading from a local server, Will find out tonight after work :D
I will give that batch file a crack and see how it goes. I'll test it on Magicka since Frey's wouldn't let it through.

Frey's does work in the sense that it won't allow Steam to download from anywhere except an Australian server (so Portal 2 is definitely downloading from an Aussie Steam server). It's not without it's problems however, like the one I mentioned earlier.

Shaneus said:
Plus postage!
Well now, even more money in my pocket.

Omikron

Backlog post:

Between feeds/changing nappies/cleaning/cooking/etc, The Witcher is a rather fun game and a bit annoyed I ignored it for so long.

Edit: Did anyone work out what is going on with Witcher 2 on steam?
Edit2: No avatar.. :(

Kritz

Banned
Man, magicka vietnam looks rad. Will probably buy it tonight. Jambi / rid, up for it?

Oh right, me, xenos and Dom were gonna play nwn2.

Oh, right, I was gonna practice my squad leading in PR.

Oh, right, I was gonna…

Clipper

I'm not tempted in the slightest to buy Kinect at that price.

That's probably because I don't own and don't plan to ever own an XBox 360, though.

Stackboy

If that Kinect deal is around in a week, I might buy it. It appears Forza 4 will support it and Project Eden looks great as well. No doubt there will be a few more action orientated Kinect games announced at E3.

Stackboy said:
No doubt there will be a few more action orientated Kinect games announced at E3.
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in the tech and the possibilities it provides. There's just nothing that's been released or on the radar that I care about yet.

I would love to see motion tracking (Forza head tracking, FPS hand gestures) being announced too.

Bernbaum

Cannot justify a Kinect. I’d play it once for Dance Central, and then have a $120 inanimate object cluttering up my home entertainment setup.

From what I've seen, as a person who has struggled getting over the learning curve for fighting games, Mortal Kombat really does look like the fighting game for me. It's the kind of thing I'd buy off the shelf a few months after release with a ~$20 price drop but not necessarily go to the effort of arranging an illegal import.

-

My new hobby:

Doing a great job of remembering the names of support and technical staff that don’t deal with us very often; greeting them by name and watching them struggle to remember mine. They’re not used to it because they’re just lowly ancillary staff, mostly contractors, and I greet them like we’re old friends and bring up very specific details from previous conversations which they assumed was just small talk.

“G’day Simon, did you win that cricket game you mentioned three months ago?”

“Er, Hello, um... mate. Er, yes? I think...”

Hours of entertainment.

Shaneus

Steel Battalion at TGS last year sounded like it could be awesome, as did that baseball-throwing-to-kill-zombies one. There was enough on the horizon to justify me asking for one at Christmas and that was only first-gen releases. The stuff coming up is just icing on the cake.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Outside a heavy first month of Dance Central, I haven't played it again. It's gathering gust.

See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom