• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
Guys, I need a small favour done if anyone has five minutes and a Facebook account. Hope it isn't against the TOS (crosses fingers). No big deal.

I have a Facebook group for Funny Webcomic - but I need ONE more person to join it before I can give it a unique username so it doesn't have a stupidly long URL. Can someone please join the group, at least for long enough that I can set the username up? You can unlike it afterwards of course.

It's a really petty thing to spend my time worrying about, but it's going to look better on flyers and stuff if I have a compact Facebook URL.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funny-Webcomic/133797579986038

thanks lads :)
You mean 'like' it?

Sorry, not very good at fb stuff

FreeFallin' said:
/bailout Fuck green capsicum, it's the worst.
I facepalmed so hard the fresh produce women thought I was having a seizure.

Shaneus said:
Shit, so many points!
* Yuppers on Vice City.
* Agreed on the TV series thing. Always Sunny was great but yeah, did get a bit tired and overplayed. Community seems to change shit around *just* enough to keep it from getting stale without coming off as gimmicky (at least, to me). The quirky shit that's around now can only be quirky for so long before it gets tiresome. Sort of the same reason I'm glad that both Arrested Development (that I never got into as much as some people) and Better Off Ted only got relatively short runs. It's also why most comedies/series I like are from the UK as they've perfected the art of not overstaying their welcome.
* I quite like Waurn Ponds. Never lived there but it doesn't seem as offensive as many of the other 'burbs around here. Not many areas I can think of in Geelong that I'd mind living in, but that's definitely one of them. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy in Hamlyn Heights :)
LOVE Arrested Development so of course the romantic in me thinks that they could have done 10 seasons of brilliance but you are correct, at least they never peaked during their time. Anchorman was the go to movie for my first year of uni. Every drunken night we would come home and put it on. It just lived in every unit, constantly played along with The Lion King (such a beautiful movie). The IT Crowd is great but last season had a few meh episodes along with a few of the best ever. At least with Waurn Ponds I will be 2 minutes from work instead of 30 mins, it is also surprisingly cheaper than out here. Also it is the happening place, new hospitals new shopping centre new swimming pool new Aldi. I also love Apco service station since they are independent but still cheaper than anyone else. Also Belmont has the best Chinese place and a really cool clearance store.

Cricket was great tonight. Not even going to bother with the Banga innings. Pure aggressive batting from Watto and the other guys all played brilliantly. Hopefully Smith is on the out.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ClivePwned said:
you're a sick fuck, Gaz.
But then after seeing Sonic and Mario at the Olympics, it's no worse that what Sega has done.

Community takes a long while to get good in season one. We started watching season 1 on DVD and were a bit "meh" until we got about halfway, and then it clicks. If you like absurd humour you'll like it. If you think something like Arrested Development or Anchorman aren't funny, you won't like Community).

Anchorman isn't in that group, the other two should be grouped with british comedies for actually being funny.

If the 7th episode doesnt win you, don't bother and go away!

jambo

Did a super clean of my room tonight, the only thing covering the carpet now is furniture and a stack of comic books :lol

Shaneus

ClivePwned said:
1z33p77jpg.gif
Probably my favourite episode. "I choose shorts!" is a great line. I think that was also the episode with white Abed?

Gazunta said:
Guys, I need a small favour done if anyone has five minutes and a Facebook account. Hope it isn't against the TOS (crosses fingers). No big deal.
Done :)
reptilescorpio said:
Liked, hopefully everyone likes it so you can't work out who I am. Facebook is creepy.
Doesn't look like it tracks who "likes" it. I checked ;)

Gazunta

Thanks guys! /fwcomic is now mine! Can't believe some twat already took /funnywebcomic.

OK time to draw, and by draw I mean start Street Fighter Alpha 2 again with the intention of playing any other character besides Ryu, and then just play through the game as Ryu again anyway.

justin.au

Just came back from seeing Stephen K. Amos. Wasn't my pick, but he was surprisingly good. My only gripe was with the way he would say "What the fuck?" quite often after he said something funny. Apart from that, really solid gags.

3.5/5

Shaneus

Everything Louis Theroux is awesome, even if it is depressing. If it's not entertaining, it's confronting. The one on crime in South Africa was mindblowing. Favourite is probably the one about the brothel in the middle of the American desert, if only for how adorably awkward he gets.

Shaneus

Ah, I can see how that wouldn't be the best episode.

I loved how when I got drunk at home by myself a few weekends ago, all I did was eat bad food, drink Magners and watch Louis Theroux docos. About as nerdy and self-indulgent as you'll get.

Oh, I edited my last post a bit, too. I didn't want to sound like I was contradicting you :)

I've been working my way through the more recent ones. Watched law and disorder in Lagos on the weekend, which my gf was especially into (her mother is Nigerian).

Going to watch Ultra Zionists next :)

Just received an email from thehut.com advertising Mortal Kombat for £35 with free International delivery and the subject 'feeling left out?'.

This ought to be interesting.

Dead Man

Jintor said:
Quick competition, maggits

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zqyp04.jpg[IMG]

Should be pretty easy. I should have gone for more symbolism/unknown parts of games[/QUOTE]
Are they all MadWorld?

Or Portal, Hitman, TF2... and some others I don't recognise since I don't actually play many games any more.

Edit: Oh, Mirrors Edge too.

Portal, Dawn of War 2, 999, Hitman: Blood Money, Bayonetta, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Minecraft, Psychonauts, Mirror's Edge, TF2.

Edit: As my prize I want Bloodlines and Mirror's Edge to go on sale on steam for $5 each.

Aon

Is that second one really Dawn of War? That one thing totally looks like a lasgun, but I'm not feeling it as a dawn of war...

Aon

FreeFallin' said:
Sure it is. Lasgun. Carnifex. DoW II. Unless it isnt.

Yeah, the Crab Claw was kind of a decent arguement for Carnifex.

Who else in gaming has crab claws? All I can remember is that early Bioshock concept.

Dead Man

Aon said:
Yeah, the Crab Claw was kind of a decent arguement for Carnifex.

Who else in gaming has crab claws? All I can remember is that early Bioshock concept.
All I can think of is Robotech. And I doubt any of those games will make anyones favourite list.

JAVK

Hey AusGaf its probably cheaper to buy portal 2 on steam, than buy the PS3 version, use the code and then sell/trade the disc..........right?

What are you chaps doing?

Dead Man

JAVK said:
Hey AusGaf its probably cheaper to buy portal 2 on steam, than buy the PS3 version, use the code and then sell/trade the disc..........right?

What are you chaps doing?
Buying PS3 version from overseas, and keeping both.

Shaneus said:
Everything Louis Theroux is awesome, even if it is depressing. If it's not entertaining, it's confronting. The one on crime in South Africa was mindblowing. Favourite is probably the one about the brothel in the middle of the American desert, if only for how adorably awkward he gets.

i remember staying up late in like year 9 to watch that shit on the t.v. i miss them. anyone know where i can purchase them or if not for sale then where i can dl them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom