• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Rahk said:
Sure the data was deleted? Sometimes Steam will show it starting again from the beginning, but it doesn't actually download that much. It will just speed up faster until it catches up.
Nah, it wasn't one of those "skimming over the data, confirming it" things. It legitimately had to re-download the entire thing.

Megadrive said:
Dan that happened to you too? I wonder why. I'm gonna download it at uni, still internode except faster than adsl1 haha
Glad I'm not the only one (sorry it happened to you though), I feel a little less hard done by now.

Also, the avatars seemed to have caused more of an issue then initially thought. It's AVATARMAGEDDON!

Bring on the Portal 2 early release, I am ready and waiting.

Danoss said:
Nah, it wasn't one of those "skimming over the data, confirming it" things. It legitimately had to re-download the entire thing. Glad I'm not the only one (sorry it happened to you though), I feel a little less hard done by now.
It had happened to me several times in the past when I lived with a different, slower connection. Made me very hesitant to buy on steam for a while, it think it was when the id super pack went up. Wanted to re-play Doom 3 soooo bad but it took about 7 Gig before it finally worked. Thankfully haven't had any problems with NCable.

hamchan said:
We are all faceless men.
We can now be judged solely on our poor choice of usernames. Plus 56k friendly!

remz

avatarless gaf is kind of grim, its like dead as. I hope my borderlands dl finishes whilst I'm at work today, but I have little faith with all this tf 2 update portal 2 early business , I expect steam dls to be slow as shit

Danoss

remz said:
avatarless gaf is kind of grim, its like dead as. I hope my borderlands dl finishes whilst I'm at work today, but I have little faith with all this tf 2 update portal 2 early business , I expect steam dls to be slow as shit
If Portal 2 does release early, you can join us in the AusGAF love-in.

Frawdder said:
Need avatars back
I'm taking it as a personal affront to Gazunta.

FREE THE GAZATARS!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So securom for TW2? I thought it was DRM free? I guess namco felt the need to throw some form of DRM on the retail version, That's a shame.

Will have to flick through the thread during lunch but the drm is a little bit of a let down.

evlcookie said:
So securom for TW2? I thought it was DRM free? I guess namco felt the need to throw some form of DRM on the retail version, That's a shame.

Will have to flick through the thread during lunch but the drm is a little bit of a let down.
Only for installation, unlimited installations. Just so the retail game hopefully isn't leaked online. I wouldn't be surprised if they patch it out in the future since he specifically said it was only to stop 'before release' pirating. If you buy the GOG version it won't matter as it is DRM free.

Danoss said:
If Portal 2 does release early, you can join us in the AusGAF love-in.

I'm taking it as a personal affront to Gazunta.

FREE THE GAZATARS!

omg there is an ausgaf steam group. can someone invite darkares01 please!

Frawdder

Marshmellow said:
omg there is an ausgaf steam group. can someone invite darkares01 please!
Send a friend request to one of the admins (evlcookie, Kritz, Fredescu, Rahk, Aon, x3n05 or myself) and one of us can invite you.

Frawdder said:
Send a friend request to one of the admins (evlcookie, Kritz, Fredescu, Rahk, Aon, x3n05 or myself) and one of us can invite you.

reptile was kind enough to hook me up just then. thanks mate. appreciate.

Frawdder

Oh, didn't know everyone could invite. You're in, that's the main thing.

Learn something new every day I guess.

Now you can idle in Steam chat like the rest of the cool people.

Aon

Frawdder said:

The cool people are the ones who actually talk.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU CHOC! Your rule of silence is over!

Frawdder said:
Oh, didn't know everyone could invite. You're in, that's the main thing.

Learn something new every day I guess.

I was actually hoping to play some games with fellow ausgaffers. i guess thats not the case =P

ill brew some tea, make some soup and idle with the best of them then.

Danoss

Jambo, Jintor and Remz are yet to accept my 3DS friends requests. I've sent PMs about it already. If you don't want to add me, let me know and I'll delete you.

Aon already knows and is a snob/has delusions of grandeur, considering deletion.

Shaneus

Looks like there's a rip available of Mortal Kombat for the 360. Obviously I'm not touching it but for those curious, looks like it's multi-region for those wondering.

This sort of talk isn't bannable, is it?

remz

honestly I thought I added you Danoss, when I get home I'll put your code in, didn't want to be a not adding jerk or anything

Danoss

remz said:
honestly I thought I added you Danoss, when I get home I'll put your code in, didn't want to be a not adding jerk or anything
I am aware there were some with an incorrect friend code in the database, I thought you may be one of them. I added 4553-9985-7998; let me know if this isn't you.

Shaneus said:
Looks like there's a rip available of Mortal Kombat for the 360. Obviously I'm not touching it but for those curious, looks like it's multi-region for those wondering.

This sort of talk isn't bannable, is it?
Also Portal 2 for both consoles :(

Rahk

The countdown says 12 hours from now, so 2am for me.

In before it's not for Portal 2 unlock, but a wallpaper or something!

Aon

Rahk said:

Fresh batch of screenshots, or perhaps the next stage of the ARG. The countdown ticks over and we're faced with a whole bunch of morse code.

It might take a disappointment that epic to finally kill AusGAF's steam chat.

Stackboy said:
My address details. No payment details have been given yet. Help appreciated!!
OK, hold off for a second. If I manage to accidentally buy it, you're buying it off me ;)

Edit: Which platform?

Edit #2: Well, it didn't have a problem with my saved address, so I guess it's all OK. As others mentioned below, they could order it. Bailing out...

Stackboy said:
My address details. No payment details have been given yet. Help appreciated!!
Strange because The Hut own Zavvi and plenty of people in AusGAF have orders with them. Maybe Australia isn't showing up because they shouldn't send it to us?
Fake Edit: Actually Shaneus ordered it so maybe send him a PM?

Shaneus

Stackboy said:
Anyone? Bueller?
I got to it fine. Can't remember where I entered the details but I definitely remember seeing my name, address and country appear in the actual Hut (ie. not Paypal) confirmation email.

Possible tip: I'm pretty sure that none of the online sites actually name the game you order on the outside of the package, so if you choose the gift wrapping option customs would have an even more difficult time identifying it (should it come down to that). It's only 2 pounds and may just save you not getting it.

Shaneus said:
Possible tip: I'm pretty sure that none of the online sites actually name the game you order on the outside of the package, so if you choose the gift wrapping option customs would have an even more difficult time identifying it (should it come down to that). It's only 2 pounds and may just save you not getting it.
Every item I get from overseas says electronics or gift at most. It is small enough and light enough that customs usually don't care enough to want to know what it is. If gift wrapping is stated on the outside than hopefully customs don't open it. Although if it is just wrapped underneath the package then if customs bothers to open the outer layer than I don't see why they wouldn't carefully open the gift wrapping since they can just sticky tape it back together. Also new Archer episode is out mang.

Shaneus

Well, it might not be their worst nightmare, but in what's sure to be hundreds of DVD-shaped packages (not just MK) perhaps they may pass on it. Don't know, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: Avatars!

Danoss

Shaneus said:
Well, it might not be their worst nightmare, but in what's sure to be hundreds of DVD-shaped packages (not just MK) perhaps they may pass on it. Don't know, but it's worth a shot.
Don't mind me, it was just a stupid joke.

Also, avatars are back. Any wagers on how long until the next crash?

mandiller

Rahk said:

I'm working till 2am tonight, so if Portal 2 does unlock (it's not a sure-fire thing remember) then I can come home and play it
3AQmK.gif

I somehow doubt that Portal 2 will unlock days earlier than its proper release though. It just seems wrong and would piss off a lot of people like retailers and console gamers. They market one specific date to us as the release date and then just go 'what the hell, lets unlock it now!' It seems unlikely.

mandiller said:
I'm working till 2am tonight, so if Portal 2 does unlock (it's not a sure-fire thing remember) then I can come home and play it
3AQmK.gif

I somehow doubt that Portal 2 will unlock days earlier than its proper release though. It just seems wrong and would piss off a lot of people like retailers and console gamers. They market one specific date to us as the release date and then just go 'what the hell, lets unlock it now!' It seems unlikely.

While i do agree with this. it wouldn't be weird for valve to show a little love to the people who bought it on steam.

mandiller said:
It worked out so well for Sega with the Saturn...

mandiller

Oh btw, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (360/PS3) is now $39 at Ozgameshop. I've finally ordered a copy after waiting ages for the price to drop.

I love the Assassin's Creed series, but have had too much on my gaming plate to pick it up at launch, so I decided to just wait till it was dirt cheap. This and Portal 2 (and my 3DS etc etc) will keep me very busy over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom