• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin.au

Dead Man said:
Use the block button more.
I had 120 out of 150 people blocked towards the end of my facebook life. I decided that I could just keep in contact with the thirty people I actually liked and could excise the rest from my life. Never looked back.

Jintor

I've been playing Aussie pilotwings all day

Well, when I wasn't subbing articles or getting drunk with game journos

(James Cottee is a legend)

Dead Man

justin.au said:
I had 120 out of 150 people blocked towards the end of my facebook life. I decided that I could just keep in contact with the thirty people I actually liked and could excise the rest from my life. Never looked back.
Yep. Unless I actually want to stay in touch with the person, or they are family, they are off the list for me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
only have 50 people on my facebook :) all people i'd have over for dinner at my house, it's a nice list

also

hamchan 5, holycheck 0

we should have an ausgaf ssf4 tourney?

remz

justin.au said:
Yeah... I have a whole bunch of people on my friends list atm that I could really do without, lol.

remz

HolyCheck said:
only have 50 people on my facebook :) all people i'd have over for dinner at my house, it's a nice list

also

hamchan 5, holycheck 0

we should have an ausgaf ssf4 tourney?
yes plz

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
/Emo

Like normal i've given up and this time it's in regards to train girl. I'm 99% sure she has 0 interest in me and this depression is kicking the shit out of me. My will is broken, something like that.

/Emo

Looks like they are building a fancy apartment building right next door, I wonder how bad this place will shake or how loud it will get. I hope nothing falls through the roof!

SSF4 3DS tournament would be awesome. Hopefully one of you guys can organise it and do a good job at it, I can't imagine it being too hard with maybe 10 people in total playing? If only we could stream it or record the matches and then do some terrrribbblleee commentating over it, That would be hilarious.

Hopefully portal 2 gets released this weekend or maybe next is best due to the very long weekend. Thank you easter, for the days off work.

Rahk

Danoss said:
Excellent, I get to download Borderlands twice!

Steam was just about to complete the 12GB download, then somehow all the data is gone and it's starting again from scratch.
Sure the data was deleted? Sometimes Steam will show it starting again from the beginning, but it doesn't actually download that much. It will just speed up faster until it catches up.

evlcookie said:
Like normal i've given up and this time it's in regards to train girl. I'm 99% sure she has 0 interest in me and this depression is kicking the shit out of me. My will is broken, something like that./Emo

Hopefully portal 2 gets released this weekend or maybe next is best due to the very long weekend. Thank you easter, for the days off work.
Sounds like Portal 2 will be up this weekend. Also talk to OTHER girls. Ones you don't put on a pedestal. Girls that you don't instantly look at and want to marry. You would be surprised how easy it can be if you are in the right mindframe. When I was in my first serious relationship I noticed how much more women were attracted to me or even just were around me more often, most likely because I wasn't talking to them as a potential mate, more just to have a conversation and enjoy their company.

Journalists hey. Newspapers need money to run. Therefore they are biased. Depending on the culture the senior employees cultivate it might only be a very minor bias, unfortunately most organisations these days are more focused on profits than ethics.

Marshmellow said:
Oh shit it is a meltdown they are gone lol! APOCALYPSE!
The mayans were wrong! 2011!

reptilescorpio said:
Sounds like Portal 2 will be up this weekend. Also talk to OTHER girls. Ones you don't put on a pedestal. Girls that you don't instantly look at and want to marry. You would be surprised how easy it can be if you are in the right mindframe. When I was in my first serious relationship I noticed how much more women were attracted to me or even just were around me more often, most likely because I wasn't talking to them as a potential mate, more just to have a conversation and enjoy their company.

Not that this is a relationship thread but yea, one of the worst things u can do is "worship" a girl. The girl i'm with atm came about because of pure polite conversation because i just enjoyed her company and talking to her, i had the interest but i didn't express it at all until she bluntly asked me if i liked her.

I've always thought that nice guys never win. until now. I've had my faith restored =D

pro tip: relationships/chicks are hard. if one doesn't work out, pick up and try again

codswallop said:
Who created the app? They deserve a fruit basket from each of us.

The difference is that the guys who always have a girl don't just walk up to the first one they see and get hooked up, they would hit on 100 girls a night and eventually find one that is in their pidgeonhole. My best mate does very well for himself but if you watch him during the night he gets rejected by the majority of women in the club before finding one who is interested. It also means all the women he went out with had similar personalities and similar problems. It wasn't until he relaxed and stopped trying to hook up he found a nice girl who he actually enjoys being around. Basically you don't want a girlfriend you want a best friend who happens to be female.

Yay avatars back!

Gazunta said:
Different guy. He's just a
super
man who's username is ckohler. The real Chris posts as KobunHeat
There you go. I knew Chris didn't use his name as his username here, but I read about who created the mobile GAF elsewhere anyways.

Edit: Hey, the avatars went away again!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So in 15 hours i guess we get portal 2 and episode 3, YEA!

Ok maybe not episode 3, But i can dream.

So i guess portal 2 co-op for saturday/sunday in ausgaf steam? Will we actually play this game online, Time will tell.

reptilescorpio said:
I also just realised that it runs different depending on the phone you use. Ergo all my complaints about it are based around the fact my phone is a piece of crap.
NeoGAF Mobile Version
Everything works for my phone (HTC Hero, Android 2.3.2) but when responding the actual text you're writing isn't visible at all, and you can't navigate through the text, so it's bloody annoying to write a response. Great for reading though.

reptilescorpio said:
Who created the app? They deserve a fruit basket from each of us.

The difference is that the guys who always have a girl don't just walk up to the first one they see and get hooked up, they would hit on 100 girls a night and eventually find one that is in their pidgeonhole. My best mate does very well for himself but if you watch him during the night he gets rejected by the majority of women in the club before finding one who is interested. It also means all the women he went out with had similar personalities and similar problems. It wasn't until he relaxed and stopped trying to hook up he found a nice girl who he actually enjoys being around. Basically you don't want a girlfriend you want a best friend who happens to be female.

Yay avatars back!

omg app is awesome. thanks for the link!

hmm. there is a large difference between a sex-buddy and a girlfriend haha, thats pretty much what your outlining there.

evlcookie said:

So i guess portal 2 co-op for saturday/sunday in ausgaf steam? Will we actually play this game online, Time will tell.

Man im so in for saturday and sunday. Add darkares01 and ill see u online!

Shaneus

Well, I've dived in and taken up The Hut's offer that's been mentioned already. Have also paid an extra 2 pounds to get it "gift wrapped" but I don't know if that will make any difference. If customs are so dodgy as to unwrap my "gift" I'll be very upset.

Fingers crossed!
evlcookie said:

Ha, I was listening to an Idle Thumbs from early 2009 and they were talking about how Valve may surprise and get episode 3 out late that year (after the buzz for L4D2 had died down). Oh dear.

Aon

2am, who else will stay up for a Portal Party?

Of course it gets released like 2 hours late becuase Steam is like that.

Omikron

Aon said:

No chance I will be staying up, I am out like a light around 11pm atm :p

Will be up early however, shall sort the little one out and settle in for some co-op I think.

Aon said:

Screw it, im gonna do it. i will be up all night playing warhammer and will probably only get home at 2am anyway. so phyced, game on.

if anyone else is up ill jump right into co-op with you.

Omi said:
Why ever would you purchase an inferior product?
Because it includes the superior product?

Shaneus said:
Well, I've dived in and taken up The Hut's offer that's been mentioned already. Have also paid an extra 2 pounds to get it "gift wrapped" but I don't know if that will make any difference. If customs are so dodgy as to unwrap my "gift" I'll be very upset
I'll visit you in Barwon prison!

Salazar

Watched Never Let Me Go on the flight home. Wasn't ready for it, especially not in a weakened state. God DAMMIT, Carey Mulligan.

Kritz

Banned
I actually feel physically Ill.
BZ9bhl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom