• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaneus said:
Terminal Velocity, motherfucker.

Watching Archer for the first time in ages... I'm pretty sure this show would be even funnier if I wasn't sober :(
It's like Mauschwitz in here! Also I remember having a freeware version of Terminal Velocity and playing Fury3 on a friends stick. Pestered my parents for weeks for a flight stick, they didn't break down. Freespace would have been even better. :(
Pretty cool that Terminal Reality went from those flight games to crappy Bloodrayne games to the awesome Ghostbusters game.

Shaneus

I'm further off the mark than I thought. A guy at work told me he had the latest (which was the first ep in S2) but I hadn't seen the second, and there are a heap more episodes. A bit happy anyway!

And Terminal Velocity... I'd pay stupid amounts of cash to play that again. The "high res" version looked great and that synthy musical loop used for the menu music kicks all kinds of arse.

Shaneus said:
I'm further off the mark than I thought. A guy at work told me he had the latest (which was the first ep in S2) but I hadn't seen the second, and there are a heap more episodes. A bit happy anyway!

And Terminal Velocity... I'd pay stupid amounts of cash to play that again. The "high res" version looked great and that synthy musical loop used for the menu music kicks all kinds of arse.
Shareware episode dude. It is ripe for a GOGing soon hopefully. 3D Realms/Apogee have tons of cool old games they should start selling again.

Archer is up to ep 12 tomorrow night, got a 16 ep 3rd season too which is joyous.

Rahk

Danoss said:
Does this emulate 360 gamepad for PC, therefore compatible with games that allow it?
Just tried it out quickly with NFS Hot Pursuit, and yes it does. It was plug and play.

Razer Onza impression: I think I prefer pretty much everything about it compared to the original 360 controller. Triggers have less resistance, so I think they'll be more comfortable with racing games. Buttons are flatter and have a clicky feel to them, which is nice. They seem to be the perfect buttons for track and field or any game that requires rapid button presses as you can just slide your thumb over them and they'll register.

Not sure how useful the analog resistance is; guess I need to try adjusting it while in a game. It's a bit lighter than the 360 controller, so it doesn't feel as solid but I prefer it. The dpad is a bit odd. It's like 4 buttons going in each direction, grouped together to form a circle. Haven't tried it in any games, but it seems like it would work well.

There are two extra buttons above the triggers which you can map to whatever you want, so that might come in handy in some games.

Overall, I'd say it's a decent improvement on the 360 controller and would recommend it if you need a new controller for PC or 360 considering it's the same price (or cheaper). It's not wireless, but that doesn't bother me.

Rahk said:
Overall, I'd say it's a decent improvement on the 360 controller and would recommend it if you need a new controller for PC or 360 considering it's the same price (or cheaper). It's not wireless, but that doesn't bother me.
Was planning on picking up a wired controller cheap since the wireless dongle was discontinued (and stupid expensive) but this might be the way to go if it functions the same.

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, they have the music from TV on there! In tracker format, too!
It's all dated 1996 :lol
Only costs $6. Buy it. I'm intrigued as to the status of these kinds of services.

reptilescorpio said:
If being hardc0re means owning all my PC stuff in Fatal1ty versions then I certainly don't want to be leet.
You are a being that has descended past the ethereal heights of "l33t gamer", through the abominable realm of "casual gamer" to far, far below. You shall now be know as "comfy gamer."

There's no coming back for you, my friend.

Planet_JASE said:
You are a being that has descended past the ethereal heights of "l33t gamer", through the abominable realm of "casual gamer" to far, far below. You shall now be know as "comfy gamer."

There's no coming back for you, my friend.
I think the point of no return was paying for Live Gold pretty much just for the weekly discounts. I don't play multiplayer. I am a consumer whore.
Stopped day one purchases though, so one step at a time.

That Razer MMO mouse is insane
148750_detail.jpg

17 buttons!

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Only costs $6. Buy it. I'm intrigued as to the status of these kinds of services.
I have the music... I'm happy :D

PS. Lana. Lana. LANAAAAAAAAA. I said, "Thank god for small miracles".

Rahk

Shaneus said:
Not quoting me anymore? What gives?

PS. Comfy Couch is definitely where it's at now. Remo made an excellent point on an Idle Thumbs I was listening to today (about the "Natal") that PC gaming is the only thing that is basically *always* going to have a standard set of controls and won't have to pander to low-life commoners with their fancy-shmancy "motion" b/s.

PPS. Saw Michael Jackson for Kinect today. Reckon I'll get it.
I guess he didn't know about the Razer Hydra/Sixense back then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnF5q4NmVLs

But yeah, it's not going to replace keyboard and mouse or anything and will likely get little support. That fancy-shmancy motion bs still exists on PC though!

justin.au

Got tickets to see Ardal O'Hanlon today. So happy with myself. $45, but still, it's goddam Father Dougal McGuire. Seeing him next Thursday.

Clipper

Danoss said:
Heh, I was going to suggest that, but thought it may have been a bit too obscure.
Obscurity isn't really an issue given the other games in the series:

• Altered Beast
  • Bad Dudes
  • Final Fight
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors
  • Metal Slug
  • Lemmings
  • Space Taxi
  • Golden Axe
  • Superfrog
  • Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins
  • Last Ninja
  • Chase H.Q.
  • Sacred Armour of Antiriad
  • Impossible Mission
  • Splatterhouse
  • Sleepwalker
  • Spellbound
  • Double Dragon
  • Marble Madness
  • Way of the Exploding Fist
  • X-Com
  • Gauntlet
  • Boulder Dash
  • River Raid
  • Cannon Fodder
  • Micro Machines
  • Bomberman
  • Slap Fight
  • Theme Park
  • Populous
  • 7th Guest
  • Rainbow Island Road
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Rampage
  • Unirally
  • Out Run
  • R-Type
  • The Sentinel
  • Ancipital
  • Horace Goes Skiing
  • Sonic Blast Man
  • Manic Miner
  • Faxanadu
  • Midwinter
  • Rastan Saga
  • Toobin’
  • The New Zealand Story
  • Turrican
  • Trog
  • Street Fighter III
  • Ultima IV
  • Usagi Yojimbo
  • Samantha Fox’s Strip Poker
  • Wonder Boy
  • Bionic Commando
  • X-Wing
  • International Soccer
  • Barbarian
  • Excite Bike
  • The Sims
  • Every Text Adventure Ever
  • Paperboy
  • Elite

Man, didn't think it would end up that long.

Omi said:
Pirates!

(note appropriate use of exclamation mark)
If we're going to play it that way, then:

Punch-Out!!

kase23

So i've gotten a few streetpasses in and around melb before but never a SF4 street pass battle...till today :D
dsc00191ij.jpg

I load that sucker up on the train ride home and watch the carnage unfold with a certain sense of pride like a colonel seeing off his battalion into battle, the results:
dsc00193j.jpg

God damn it! even my level 7 blanka that was matched up against a level 5 dhalsim lost.
apologies for the pic quality i took em with my phone when i got home,
its nice that you can replay past streetbattles and relive those moments of failure forever though.

Gazunta

*looks at first suggestion*
*goes off and makes a comic about Pitfall since people had been asking for one anyway*
*does a sort of OK comic, shrug*
*comes back to this thread and sees a FUCKTON of awesome suggestions*
*slams head on desk*

Hopefully enough people will vote for Old Video Game Jokes to return soon so I can do more :)

Edit: Whoa, Clipper the superfan, SWEEET

Edit 2: PSYCHO FOX OH GOD BEST SMS PLATFORMER BY A MILE

remz

hamchan said:
Speaking of SSF4 I reckon we should all play it more.
Yeah, especially now we're all on DS, maybee organise a night.

I smashed so many figure battles out at supernova

A Question: Who here considers Deus Ex an old game and who doesn't?
It's totally old.

justin.au

Just catching up on the news of the week.

ALP are going to destroy themselves trying to get the middle ground. This new "No welfare without work" policy is really going to rub the rusted-on Labor's the wrong way (obviously not all of them, but a great majority) and will turn them into Greens/Labor voters. I can't see it winning over any Coalition leaning voters either.

Gillard needs to get some courage and/or convictions. I've given up any hope of her being a good PM, but fuck, at least salvage your reputation and don't become the woman that destroyed the Labor Party.

/drunk

senahorse

Gazunta said:
*looks at first suggestion*
*goes off and makes a comic about Pitfall since people had been asking for one anyway*
*does a sort of OK comic, shrug*
*comes back to this thread and sees a FUCKTON of awesome suggestions*
*slams head on desk*

Hopefully enough people will vote for Old Video Game Jokes to return soon so I can do more :)

Edit: Whoa, Clipper the superfan, SWEEET

Edit 2: PSYCHO FOX OH GOD BEST SMS PLATFORMER BY A MILE
Psycho fox was a great game but I will always consider Alex Kidd in miracle world the better game, probably because it came built in on the sms2. Also of special mention are zillion and castle of illusion :)

justin.au

Just watching last night's Lateline. This budget is going to be a clusterfuck. Mark my words. This government has no idea how to sell all of its policies; one mistake and Abbott's going to tear 'em a new one.

hamchan said:
A Question: Who here considers Deus Ex an old game and who doesn't?

Not old, but going through the other game releases from 2000, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion is an old game for me. Also Majora's Mask is 2000 too wtf.

Bernbaum

Facebook is LOL-book.

It;s like the ultimeate' Iam white trach; "website for commoners..

What's YOUR favorite twilight charcater faceobook> lololololo

jambo said:
Sure, I love the game and haven't had anyone to play with for ages!

No missus, my sister is in London, plus I haven't lived at home with her and my parents for like 3 years and all of my housemates are at work as well.

And my housemates cat would probably turn the PS3 on, then sleep on it because of the warmth.

great problem solved. just call up your cat.

also holy crap at that post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27120970&postcount=19538

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
wont have steam for a few days, but can some one tell ridonk his game has been posted.

totally street passed with my bus driver tonight, dude must get so much tail

Danoss

Excellent, I get to download Borderlands twice!

Steam was just about to complete the 12GB download, then somehow all the data is gone and it's starting again from scratch.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
some one tell hamcham on steam to go into the ssf4 lobby and ill play him :) just leaving it in the lobby for him or anyone else to join

@danoss :+o_O hope ur on a forgiving plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom