• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the aftermarket cooler worth the drop in a few degrees if you're not interested in overclocking?

Btw cheers for that Fred you pointed out some better options.

Fredescu

Does anyone want to buy an unopened and unused Rock Band Drum Set and Guitar for 360? $25 if you can pick it up. Don't really want to post.

Fredescu said:

Yes to both of these. My Motherboard is the LX but the BIOS version was like 0830 or something and I updated it to 1331. It doesn't support an i5 on arrival, so I'm assuming it won't support an AMD equivalent. My GPU is still on the way back, so hopefully they don't send me back a dead replacement. I think mine was part of a run of bad parts, so I may have just gotten unlucky.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
bought a Diablo 2 CD key today.. logged in.. went to play "some one is already playing online using this CD key"

:(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
There was some talk in steam chat over the weekend regarding WoW with the upcoming release of cataclysm.

Orbi, Danoss, Myself, X3n and his mrs, Have so far thrown there names in to be part of something if it happens. I believe Orbi has a mate that might join as well. So far the idea has been to roll on the horde side of caelestrasz. Danoss lives on there with his main so we can steal gold from him and i think Orbi might have a main or two on there as well.

Nothing is set in stone since we are 2 months out from release still. But if anyone is interested in playing WoW again and casually, level up as a group and just mess around, then let me know.

Bernbaum

Today is supposed to be Mark Serrels' first day as the new editor for Kotaku AU. Junglist was only a placeholder since David Wildgoose left, but did a decent job holding down the fort with some pretty good content.

Serrels had promised more 'community involvement' and I look forward to seeing what he means by that.

rass

Fredescu said:
Does anyone want to buy an unopened and unused Rock Band Drum Set and Guitar for 360? $25 if you can pick it up. Don't really want to post.
do you still have it, and are you in Melbourne? I'll take them off your hands if both of the above are true.

Mar

Syth_Blade22 said:
bought a Diablo 2 CD key today.. logged in.. went to play "some one is already playing online using this CD key"

:(

Did you buy it from Blizzard or some dodgy site?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mar said:
Did you buy it from Blizzard or some dodgy site?

some dodgy site

blizzard doesn't offer paypal

it's ok the site gave me another one or three.. I seem to be able to play online with them

giri

Shaneus said:
Wow, that really does make a lot of sense. I think you've just about saved me a few dollars too... I was considering NBA 2K11 as well :lol

2k11 is better than 2k10. But the my player stuff is still infuriating.

One of the rewards is for scoring 38,338 points in your career (the current all time points record for a player). Who the fuck is going to play 10+ seasons of this? Thats over 410 hours of the same character doing the exact same thing, in single player.

rass

Fredescu said:
Oops, no, I should have mentioned I'm in Sydney.
my social life and relationship is saved!
thanks anyway man, you shouldn't have too much trouble offloading it I wouldn't think.

Danoss

So Tomb Raider Anniversary & Legend and Metro 2033 from Mighty Ape (total $12.70) arrived this morning.

I was wondering what stupid Ubi DRM I would run into installing Tomb Raider. Instead, I require flash to install it, wtf?

Edit: Easy to get around, but still, wtf?

Shaneus

rass said:
my social life and relationship is saved!
thanks anyway man, you shouldn't have too much trouble offloading it I wouldn't think.
If you want a kit and some guitars, both my GHWT and RB1 drums are gathering dust, along with a few guitars here and there (all for 360). I'd be more than happy to "donate" any or all of them to you if you think you'd get use out of them!

I am in Geelong (which makes it not-so-convenient) but they're there if you want them. Just gathering dust ATM.

Choc

Banned
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

In April 2011, Sydney Symphony joins the world tour of the highly anticipated multimedia concert experience, Distant Worlds: Music from FINAL FANTASY.

With composer Nobuo Uematsu in attendance and conductor Arnie Roth, fans will love the award-winning music from the FINAL FANTASY video game's series as it's performed by a full orchestra, with state of the art videos and stills shown on the big screen highlighting the game's most memorable sequences.

I think that Roth guy was the conductor for Play! a few years back when I saw it in Sydney. Now it seems the only concerts we get in Australia these days are Anime/JRPG ones. Such a shame. There's more to game music than Final Fantasy (and yes, I would go to a concert of exclusively Mario and Zelda music).

Choc

Banned
I hear the Kool Aid is flowing quite well in Canberra right now

The Australian dollar's trajectory toward parity with the US dollar is a reflection of bad economic management by the government, the coalition says.

"We've got nothing to celebrate if we're causing the exchange rate to be higher because of poor government performance on the productivity and spending front," he told ABC Radio.

He said the dollar should "come down to where it was in (former Treasurer and Prime Minister Paul) Keating's day" - about 60 US cents.

Right I understand its bad for exporters, I do but these guys are honestly smoking crack

The reason why the US dollar is so devalued right now is their shocking economic management. That can't be controlled by us

Also, 60c USD would send a lot of businesses to the wall.

Fuck me, did we dodge a bullet or what when these morons didnt get in.

legend166

Sitting at my new desk in St Leonards, awwww yeah.

I can see the sky. The window faces west though, so in the afternoons I'm going to get murdered by the sun.

Choc said:
I hear the Kool Aid is flowing quite well in Canberra right now

The Australian dollar's trajectory toward parity with the US dollar is a reflection of bad economic management by the government, the coalition says.

"We've got nothing to celebrate if we're causing the exchange rate to be higher because of poor government performance on the productivity and spending front," he told ABC Radio.

He said the dollar should "come down to where it was in (former Treasurer and Prime Minister Paul) Keating's day" - about 60 US cents.

Right I understand its bad for exporters, I do but these guys are honestly smoking crack

The reason why the US dollar is so devalued right now is their shocking economic management. That can't be controlled by us

Also, 60c USD would send a lot of businesses to the wall.

Fuck me, did we dodge a bullet or what when these morons didnt get in.
Eh. The government in Canberra has little to no control over what the economy does, especially with regards to stuff like exchange and interest rates. People think it does though, so politicians do point-scoring against their opponents knowing that they can, regardless of which side of the fence they're on.

Meanwhile, the dollar flirting with parity doesn't help me in my upcoming trip to Japan >:-( ~80 Yen to the dollar right now.

markot

Banned
Let me guess.... Andrew Robb?

They are just trying to instill the 'OMG GOV SPENDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG' fear into everyone in hopes they electorate bite.

Theyll probably blame global warming on it eventually. 'They need to print more money and that means more pollutants in the air!!!!'

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Eh. The government in Canberra has little to no control over what the economy does, especially with regards to stuff like exchange and interest rates. People think it does though, so politicians do point-scoring against their opponents knowing that they can, regardless of which side of the fence they're on.

Meanwhile, the dollar flirting with parity doesn't help me in my upcoming trip to Japan >:-( ~80 Yen to the dollar right now.
If I give you an empty suitcase, can you please fill it with all the wonderful flavours of Pocky we don't get in Australia?

Bernbaum said:
If I give you an empty suitcase, can you please fill it with all the wonderful flavours of Pocky we don't get in Australia?
We're bringing an empty suitcase anyway. I'm sure I can spare some room for Pocky (which I've never actually tasted, by the way).

rass

VKS, bring me back all of the Jelly Fanta

cheers.

(when I went it was 106 yen to the Dollar, then it crashed to like 60 yen before I had a chance to change my money over, depressing)

Clipper

I'm currently touring the US; in San Francisco now, heading out on a tour to LA tomorrow morning, with a trip out to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon next week. I'm loving the fact we'll be hitting parity probably sometime in the next 48 hours.

Only problem is that I likely won't be able to post some dodgy parity images I prepared at the appropriate time as Internet may be sporadic for me whilst travelling... Perhaps I should just post them early :D

Gazunta

ricki_lee_coulter_420-420x0.jpg

legend166 said:
Sitting at my new desk in St Leonards, awwww yeah.

I can see the sky. The window faces west though, so in the afternoons I'm going to get murdered by the sun.
I'll wave to you from Wynyard *waves*

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I look forward to destroying you in need for speed, If you ever got it on PC. But i'm sure i can at least destroy you in lap times anyway :D

MrSerrels

Bernbaum said:
Today is supposed to be Mark Serrels' first day as the new editor for Kotaku AU. Junglist was only a placeholder since David Wildgoose left, but did a decent job holding down the fort with some pretty good content.

Serrels had promised more 'community involvement' and I look forward to seeing what he means by that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I meant by that!

Only kidding, I've got a grand master plan!

In other news - how the hell do I get that england flag off my avatar?

Nemesis_

Choc said:
Finally signed up to ADSL

no more mobile bb bs

yay

expect me to kick all your arses on live and psn soon

I am safe in assuming we don't play the same games. =D

And how could you go this long without ADSL >_>

Choc

Banned
Vook little birdies tell me Telstra are going to do with Win 7 phone what they did with the desire

freebies for bloggers

keep an eye out

in other news, i get given one at launch partay

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc, can you answer something about NFS for me?

The control scheme. Is it burnout paradises bullshit thing or can we change it? Am i able to put the accel/brake onto the right stick or not?!

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
Choc, can you answer something about NFS for me?

The control scheme. Is it burnout paradises bullshit thing or can we change it? Am i able to put the accel/brake onto the right stick or not?!
Why the hell do they always use the triggers now >_<? Right stick is so much better!

trinest

Choc said:
Vook little birdies tell me Telstra are going to do with Win 7 phone what they did with the desire

freebies for bloggers

keep an eye out

in other news, i get given one at launch partay
Cool.

I want in on this- this time around guys- no hogging all the fun for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom