• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

legend166 said:
Man, golfing is expensive.

Going to play at Centennial Park (Moore Park) golf course next Saturday. $57 for a round D:

It's as expensive as you make it.

I know if you go for a 30 minute drive out of brisbane you can get a round for 15 - 20$. In brisbane, $50 - $100 i wouldn't be surprised about.

Deeku

If you can pay that much for a video game, you shouldn't have a problem paying a similar amount for a 5 hour linear 18 hole experience.

legend166

commanderdeek said:
If you can pay that much for a video game, you shouldn't have a problem paying a similar amount for a 5 hour linear 18 hole experience.

The graphics are pretty crappy though. And as you said it's really linear.

Until you hit it into the bunker.

p.s. get it because a bunker is full of sand and non linear games are called sandbox games? hilarious imo.

legend166 said:
The graphics are pretty crappy though. And as you said it's really linear.

Until you hit it into the bunker.

p.s. get it because a bunker is full of sand and non linear games are called sandbox games? hilarious imo.

Glad you added the p.s. or I wouldn't have got it :lol

On another note I hope Castlevania is waiting for me at home.

mandiller

I may have missed it a few paged back BUT Duke Nukem Forever is going to be playable at the Mana Bar in Brisbane tomorrow. Midday to midnight. Randy, the gearbox CEO is also going to be there. Will there be a AusGAF group going? I'm thinking about it!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
mandiller said:
I may have missed it a few paged back BUT Duke Nukem Forever is going to be playable at the Mana Bar in Brisbane tomorrow. Midday to midnight. Randy, the gearbox CEO is also going to be there. Will there be a AusGAF group going? I'm thinking about it!

I asked before and no one replied so who knows. Maybe have a quick ausgaf brisgaf meetup again just to abuse randy for the steam prices and thank him that they have gone down and play some dnf.

Bernbaum

I'm not interested in the game but wouldn't mind having a chat with Randy and try and get his take on the history of the game's 'development'. Alas my weekend is full.

evlcookie said:
Work christmas party is on a sunday. Who thinks of this shit ?

The club I worked at used to have it on a Monday night :lol

But that's hospitality. My current job has it on a Friday which means no work :D

Choc

Banned
Is this anything other then hyperbole, poor steve

A leading Australian expert in infectious diseases says people who use display iPads and iPhones at Apple stores are risking serious infections and the company should do more to maintain hygiene

lol

Choc

Banned
I personally didn't like blade kitten at all and i heard it did tank but i would never wish this upon my worst enemy if this is true... :(

It's a real shame if true because Krome was a fantastic Aus developer in the times of Ty etc

trinest

Choc said:
I personally didn't like blade kitten at all and i heard it did tank but i would never wish this upon my worst enemy if this is true... :(

It's a real shame if true because Krome was a fantastic Aus developer in the times of Ty etc
Yeah original TY was awesome.

Agyar

mandiller said:

I'd be down for a couple of drinks if people want to go. I can imagine it being pretty busy though with that event.

mandiller

Okay, I've decided I'm going to go to the mana bar tomorrow. It says on the website that it starts at midday. I'm assuming that's when Randy will show off the game and talk etc, which is what I'm interested in as well as testing out the game. So I'll be there around midday. I'm keen to meet up with any gaffers who are going around the same time. PM me if you are and we can work out some system of winks to figure out who is who at the event.
terrible idea

Bernbaum

As long as it's some time around lunch or in the afernoon, I'm keen, just so long as it's before tea time. Agyar, Mandiller or whoever else, let me know what time you're thinking of heading in!

Axiom

Poor Krome. :(

Hope everyone lands on their feet.

Somehow my trip to Armageddon now includes 2 teenagers, there goes sticking around for the burlesque show.

Darklord

Banned
Honestly, who in their right mind would become a games developer? If you do poorly, you're fired. If you do averagely, fired. If you do well, you're fired. If you do amazingly, sell millions of copies of games, create well known IP's....you might stay around for a while but then fired.

Aon

Going to Armageddon tomorrow, look out for the scruffy young adult with the overlong hair and the t shirt. I will be joined by another young adult who will be wearing a hat, one he's built up as being "out of the ordinary".

Nerd out.

hamchan

Darklord said:
Honestly, who in their right mind would become a games developer? If you do poorly, you're fired. If you do averagely, fired. If you do well, you're fired. If you do amazingly, sell millions of copies of games, create well known IP's....you might stay around for a while but then fired.

Me. I have a year to decide whether or not I should do a games design major.

TwiztidElf

Fucking hell I hate the Telstra ad with the broken tap and the water spraying all over the Mum and the son sitting on the kitchen bench. I swear I'm gonna fucking smash my TV the next time that shit is on.

Ydahs

Darklord said:
I'm planning to :(

Darklord said:

Yo. Nearly one year down in a 2 year course in programming.

TwiztidElf said:
Fucking hell I hate the Telstra ad with the broken tap and the water spraying all over the Mum and the son sitting on the kitchen bench. I swear I'm gonna fucking smash my TV the next time that shit is on.

The "THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING THERE TO REMIND MEEE" song will make me forever hate life and the Spirit of Tasmania.

mandiller

Bernbaum said:
As long as it's some time around lunch or in the afernoon, I'm keen, just so long as it's before tea time. Agyar, Mandiller or whoever else, let me know what time you're thinking of heading in!

I'm going to arrive about midday or just a bit before. I'll PM you my mobile number if you want to meet up.

Clipper

news.com.au is reporting that parity has been reached, but xe.com, the site I've been using to track the rate doesn't agree...

This could be because xe only gives you the conversion every 10 minutes, and it seems that it fell a little immediately upon hitting parity, possibly all within that one 10 minute period. Is it time to celebrate yet?

Ydahs

Clipper said:
news.com.au is reporting that parity has been reached, but xe.com, the site I've been using to track the rate doesn't agree...

This could be because xe only gives you the conversion every 10 minutes, and it seems that it fell a little immediately upon hitting parity, possibly all within that one 10 minute period. Is it time to celebrate yet?
Yahoo had it at 0.9995 earlier today, but they too didn't have it exceed 1.0. Must have overtook for a very brief moment :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So good. Windows update seems to update and makes all my windows files corrupt on the SSD. I can get into safe mode but not into normal windows, Outstanding :lol

Bernbaum

Aww... Rez got banned for challenging Amir0x in the Vanquish thread. Wow that thread got shitty, and all over nothing too.

Can't wait for Thursday.

Ydahs

Bernbaum said:
Aww... Rez got banned for challenging Amir0x in the Vanquish thread. Wow that thread got shitty, and all over nothing too.

Can't wait for Thursday.
I still can't understand why.

Also, you guys think this thread is moderated? Doubt many mods visit the online board, less so a sticky about things they don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom