• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydahs

0.9961 soooo close :D

hamchan said:
How do we take advantage of this? Where do I import stuff from the US?
This.

Is this a good time to buy that Mac Mini I wanted? I need something to develop iOS games on after all.

Shaneus

We should have a thread (or simply place results in here) of cheap US online stores that ship to Australia. Clothes, electronics, books, games etc... let's take advantage!

trinest

I'll pick up Tales of Monkey what ever- anything else I should buy while I have money- what about cheap places to import stuff like Civ V or any other random stuff.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
We should have a thread (or simply place results in here) of cheap US online stores that ship to Australia. Clothes, electronics, books, games etc... let's take advantage!

Hopefully we can get a list going in here. Once sorted vook can add it to the OP. I think places that actually ship here would be best, saves going through another place for shipping unless that's actually a lot cheaper.

Clipper

viewtifulsub said:
So close to parity.
Looking forward to convert some cash for my USA trip before the rates start dropping.
Most reports seem to be indicating that we will probably level out at about $1.03-$1.10 and stay there for a very long while. I'd just wait for the trip and withdraw your money from ATMs once you are here like I'm doing right now. That's generally the way to get the best rate, as almost all methods to try to get US dollars while in Australia will cost you quite a lot.

Looks like I prematurely posted those images after all. We were over 99.9 when I posted them, but it's back down a little. Anyway, today I get to spend some of my near-überdollars at Disneyland, yay!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I decided to be nice and let the new dog come have a play in my room, got him up on my bed to watch some SC2, and he pee's on my bed.

Yeah. Evil dog, pretends to be nice to me just to get into my bed to pee on it.

Omikron

markot said:
Who didnt buy it during the Pirate day sale for 4.95?!?!

(Thats right, 4 cents less!)

Exchange rates mean I win? :p

In all seriousness, I tend not to get too carried away with steam sales purely because I know said sale item will come around again next time and I just don't have the time to play everything. ;)

Syth_Blade22 said:
YOUR GOING TO CHINA?

Real football?

HolyCheck

Omi said:
Exchange rates mean I win? :p

In all seriousness, I tend not to get too carried away with steam sales purely because I know said sale item will come around again next time and I just don't have the time to play everything. ;)

Real football?

Yup. theres an AFL show match in China.

Choc

Banned
you guys are going to laugh at me but whatever.

Medal of Honor has deeply affected me. I know that you guys are like well you're just tryign to sell it blah blah but hear me out, i actually don't think the game is that good so this is NOT a sales pitch.

I fired up final code last night (which finally had all the polish and levels etc) and played through the majority of the campaign. The first hour or so i actually sat there wondering if i should be playing this, should I be having 'entertainment' from a current theatre of war. Should I be diluting what is going down in afghanistan to a video game

I kept playing and started to feel ok about playing the game until the ranger missions. Hoo boy once you unlock and see those you start to see potentially what they are facing in the real world right now and it really got to me. The game depressed me like nothing else. I have not felt this bad after playing a game since manhunt, where you really did have to go smell some flowers to feel better about yourself after playing it. This too does the same to me.

The fact we have lost a number of soldiers this year in the war, also brings it home. It's on the news every day and I am struggling with the concept of playing through a 'current' war

I know you guys will be like whatever its a video game, but if we want to push this medium forward, its discussions and feelings like this that we should be having. The hurt locker did the same to a lot of people who watched it and won many oscars. MOH is not an oscar winning game (its not great as i said) but to evoke such emotions is a potentially incredible achievement.

Fredescu

I'm not going to laugh, that's pretty interesting. I wouldn't touch Manhunt with a barge poll. I probably wouldn't touch Brown Shooter #73 with one either, but for different reasons.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar, a week or so after need for speed is out you should have a gamecrux round table podcast reviewing the game.

Could do that for a few large titles every year.

I can just give you a sound bite that says "No dual stick, it's shit" and you can play that whenever you need to during the podcast :D

Bernbaum

Omi said:
A-League 8)

The quality of which has impressed me greatly this year... its actually pretty enjoyable.
Roar are a completely different team this season and are playing their most professional game of football since the inauguration of the A league.

Omikron

Bernbaum said:
Roar are a completely different team this season and are playing their most professional game of football since the inauguration of the A league.

Absolutely... Ange has done a good job since turfing all of the old boys club that had clearly been allowed to develop there under Farina.

Heart play away to Wullington this week, fully expecting a loss. :(

HolyCheck

Dog now demands to sleep in my bed. I bet it's so he can poop here.

will keep gaf updated.

(I haven't slept yet and I'm a tad delirious)

Choc

Banned
Omi, question

why did you choose to go with Heart over Victory?

I am not saying support Victory but i've always wondered why a new team attracts fans from the old.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
I thought the bid was officially dead and buried as of a few weeks ago? I dunno, I haven't been keeping up. This is the last news I know of: http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/183077,lowy-set-to-ditch-rovers.aspx

hmm seems you are right

Note to FFA. Why have i not been to the Sydney FC games this year when i attended some last year?

NO FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES. you want people to go in sydney, put it on in the city after work

people dont want to travel from teh suburbs to go to a football match (generally...)

Mar

Nemesis556 said:
9iusxv.jpg

I hate you so much right now.

evlcookie said:
Mar, a week or so after need for speed is out you should have a gamecrux round table podcast reviewing the game.

Could do that for a few large titles every year.

I can just give you a sound bite that says "No dual stick, it's shit" and you can play that whenever you need to during the podcast :D

It's a good idea but I think we'd have to pick a game we've all played, as I'm assuming I'll be the only one of us four that will play NFSHP (and god will I be playing it). Dead Rising 2 will likely be a candidate. We had a chat over who was going to do the official review. It's on Kritz's table at the moment.

Choc

Banned
FYI for those in Sydney, apparently GT5 final (well what WAS final until yesterday) is @ the motorshow.

I will be trundling on down at some point to have a look so will confirm

Omikron

Choc said:
Omi, question

why did you choose to go with Heart over Victory?

I am not saying support Victory but i've always wondered why a new team attracts fans from the old.

I followed the A-League since inception more as a fan of the game than following any particular team (I am a LOOOONG time West Ham fan however... like 20 years+), and only used to go to Victory games with a group of friends, enjoyed but never really felt they were 'my team' so to speak.

Jumping on the Heart wagon was more like just being involved from the start etc, as well as a bit of wanting to wind up friends. :lol

Oh, another aside, when the A-League started, I was a new boy in Melbourne and couldn't bring myself to support a Victorian side.

So I guess a whole bunch of reasons?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
It's a good idea but I think we'd have to pick a game we've all played, as I'm assuming I'll be the only one of us four that will play NFSHP (and god will I be playing it). Dead Rising 2 will likely be a candidate. We had a chat over who was going to do the official review. It's on Kritz's table at the moment.

Yea i didn't mean it had to be restricted to just you 4 guys. For all i and you know, there could be some out there who wouldn't mind being on a podcast for 20 minutes talking about nfs. A different set of people every game based on who actually played it could be interesting.

Otherwise just a standard writeup like you see RPS and other places do.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
I followed the A-League since inception more as a fan of the game than following any particular team (I am a LOOOONG time West Ham fan however... like 20 years+), and only used to go to Victory games with a group of friends, enjoyed but never really felt they were 'my team' so to speak.

Jumping on the Heart wagon was more like just being involved from the start etc, as well as a bit of wanting to wind up friends. :lol

Oh, another aside, when the A-League started, I was a new boy in Melbourne and couldn't bring myself to support a Victorian side.

So I guess a whole bunch of reasons?

You forgot the best reason of all. Kevin Wanker Muscat doesn't play for them. I had the utmost pleasure of sending that prick off during a Victorian Premier League game a few years ago when i was doing a tour of national state premier leagues for training to move to the A-League referee backup lists.

FYI I am a Sunderland fan :D

Omikron

Choc said:
You forgot the best reason of all. Kevin Wanker Muscat doesn't play for them. I had the utmost pleasure of sending that prick off during a Victorian Premier League game a few years ago when i was doing a tour of national state premier leagues for training to move to the A-League referee backup lists.

FYI I am a Sunderland fan :D
:lol

I respect Muscat, but yep, total wanker.

(ugh, sunderland... :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom