• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Why For? said:
Like I said, EB buyer confirmed the Collection. It's coming. I assume it'll be with the rest, or a bit after.
They announced the red Wii and non-red DSi bundle today on both the site and via e-mail to subscribers. Why wouldn't they have announced the other stuff at the same time? The collection would be one of the bigger announcements if it were happening. It just makes no sense for these to come out later that the other stuff.

I have a feeling either your friend or this buyer is confused. The Mario Kart bundle could have easily been misconstrued as a "Mario DSi" and perhaps there's a similar misunderstanding on the collection.

I do hope that your source is accurate, but it sounds impossible.

Fredescu

Android as a whole is a bad gaming platform, but I assume they're using Android as the base phone OS and then they'll tack proprietary PSP stuff on the top that can only run on this phone.

Fredescu said:
Android as a whole is a bad gaming platform, but I assume they're using Android as the base phone OS and then they'll tack proprietary PSP stuff on the top that can only run on this phone.
I thought of that, but how would it do it? Boot into a different OS? Freeze Android and switch to another OS loaded in-memory? Otherwise it's pretty much using Dalvik (basically Java) and so far it hasn't proven to be all that good for games.

Maybe Android 3.0 will improve that aspect.

Nemesis_

Clipper said:
They announced the red Wii and non-red DSi bundle today on both the site and via e-mail to subscribers. Why wouldn't they have announced the other stuff at the same time? The collection would be one of the bigger announcements if it were happening. It just makes no sense for these to come out later that the other stuff.

I have a feeling either your friend or this buyer is confused. The Mario Kart bundle could have easily been misconstrued as a "Mario DSi" and perhaps there's a similar misunderstanding on the collection.

I do hope that your source is accurate, but it sounds impossible.

Collection has been classified very recently too. It's coming.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I just hope that's it's not coming as a Club Nintendo thing. That would be dumb.

(Thing would sell tons, giving it away for free is just silly).

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
I just hope that's it's not coming as a Club Nintendo thing. That would be dumb.

not if you have to buy 400 bucks of stuff to get the points

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
not if you have to buy 400 bucks of stuff to get the points

People see collection of Mario games for cheap in store > People on Club Nintendo

So Serrels, hows about the Kirby comment I did yesterday. Pretty awesome no?

pilonv1

Choc said:
Thats the point

i am very surprised sony didnt build its on XMB style OS for the phone...

Isn't the Ericcson brand seperate? I was under the assumption they didn't want to cross brand them with the PlayStation stuff

pilonv1 said:
Isn't the Ericcson brand seperate? I was under the assumption they didn't want to cross brand them with the PlayStation stuff
Except it looks very much like the PSPGo, and they've had Cybershot and Walkman branded phones in the past.

Mar

Just watched the Fable III quicklook, and I think the game looks great. I've gone from not caring to probably picking the game up... At some point.

Clipper

Nemesis556 said:
Collection has been classified very recently too. It's coming.
Oh, I missed that news. It is certainly over on the Classification Website, so that does pretty much confirm it.

VOOK said:

Interesting thought. I now think this might be the case, given it wasn't announced with the Wii. I think this would be one of the only things that makes me start buying games locally again, as there's no other way I'd buy local with the dollar at near-parity.

legend166

Choc said:
don't be surprised if you see it Friday afternoon at latest

they used UPS and UPS are bloody quick in my experience.

guess who has a keyboard going on ebay ;)

unless any of you guys want one for 100 bucks including post :) (PS3)

Did your tracking say this at some stage?

THE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS / DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

Aon

So odd.

That's now four large phone platforms, assuming that you would have to recode apps for the psphone curl scheme and that odd multitouch thing...

Bernbaum

Got my Back to the Future set from JB and almost picked up Mass Effect 2 while I was there. That's one of the few series where I care about the extended universe, and if I still could, I'd try and track down the collector's edition.

Anyone get the CE for ME2? Is it worth it?

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Any get the CE for ME2? Is it worth it?
Worth it almost entirely for the cover. The hardcover artbook is nice, and I guess the comic might be ok if you're in to that sort of thing. It's a fairly bog standard CE as they go, but I like the way it looks big on my shelf.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems at Monash Caufield.

Someone tell me why this is a bad idea.

legend166

Choc said:
By chance did you put a PO Box address Legend?

Nope.

They're doing something with it because it just went from Fort Worth, TX. to Louisville Kentucky.

Which is the wrong direction. But hopefully it's being put on a plane.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Nope.

They're doing something with it because it just went from Fort Worth, TX. to Louisville Kentucky.

Which is the wrong direction. But hopefully it's being put on a plane.

Hopefully its not going back because my packages (both) left from Fort Worth to go to Sydney

EDIT: maybe not, louisville just showed up

interesting

still think we will see it this week :)

Bernbaum

The release of Telltale's Back to the Future games is my new self-imposed deadline for investing in a gaming laptop. Low-spec M11X is lead contender.

legend166

Choc said:
Hopefully its not going back because my packages (both) left from Fort Worth to go to Sydney

EDIT: maybe not, louisville just showed up

interesting

still think we will see it this week :)

My only worry is it could get screwed up because it didn't allow me to put NSW in. They should be able to figure it out from the postcode though.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
My only worry is it could get screwed up because it didn't allow me to put NSW in. They should be able to figure it out from the postcode though.

very common with UPS

not usually a problem

Choc

Banned
i think ausgaf is becoming some of serrells news sources ;) he posted about the playstation phone after we started to talk about it :p

Axiom

Missed my train so running under the vain hope I can get to Fountain Gate EB before it shuts for Rock Band 3.

JB says they won't sell it until tomorrow. Darn people with scruples

Clipper

jambo said:
Wait... the retail price of the cards is really $24.95?! It costs $15 on the Wii and the reason why I was looking for the points cards was only because I now get charged a foreign transaction fee when I use my credit card to buy them on the Wii. That fee is way less than the points card markup, so I guess I'll just go back to paying it.

Man, I really feel sorry for the poor guys without a credit/Visa debit card, now...

jambo

Oh damn that sucks. Haven't had a Wii for a couple of years so I couldn't remember the Wii Points pricing structure.

Can't wait to get my red Wii!

Clipper

jambo said:
Oh damn that sucks. Haven't had a Wii for a couple of years so I couldn't remember the Wii Points pricing structure.

Can't wait to get my red Wii!
Incidentally, can I 'help you get it online'? By utilising the Wii Ambassador Program, we'd both end up with 500 Nintendo points (enough for a NES game) if you do that and it just means exchanging friend codes (you don't have to become Wii friends though) and answering a three question survey.

For others unfamiliar with the system, only PAL Wiis that have never accessed the Wii Shop (or if the first access was within 30 days) qualify for 'being helped'. Whoever your helper is, you'll both get the 500 points.

jambo

Clipper said:
Incidentally, can I 'help you get it online'? By utilising the Wii Ambassador Program, we'd both end up with 500 Nintendo points (enough for a NES game) if you do that and it just means exchanging friend codes (you don't have to become Wii friends though) and answering a three question survey.

For others unfamiliar with the system, only PAL Wiis that have never accessed the Wii Shop (or if the first access was within 30 days) qualify for 'being helped'. Whoever your helper is, you'll both get the 500 points.
Yeah sure, sounds good!

Kind of annoying about my last Wii though. Went halves with an ex and when we split she paid me half and then some extra for the games and controllers and what not. I completely forgot about all the VC games that are tied to the system and not your online account (like on 360/PS3). I bought a shit load of VC games so it's gonna be so annoying buying them again, knowing I'm double dipping.

Axiom

EB let me in after closing to take my money, mission acomplished but I'm fucking knackered.

Now to find out if I can get a RB2 Pal export code

remz

Everywhere I went to to get RB3 today was either sold out (ie. game!?) not stocking it (big W) or had a shipping fuck up (JB Hi-Fi)

I have one place left, EB Games, that'll i'll prolly hit up and hope for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom