• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

jambo said:
Yeah sure, sounds good!

Kind of annoying about my last Wii though. Went halves with an ex and when we split she paid me half and then some extra for the games and controllers and what not. I completely forgot about all the VC games that are tied to the system and not your online account (like on 360/PS3). I bought a shit load of VC games so it's gonna be so annoying buying them again, knowing I'm double dipping.
That really sucks on losing the VC stuff. I know the pain of double dipping for replacement stuff, as I had several games go missing lately, one of which (God of War 3) I somehow lost between a hotel room in Boston and getting home from the airport in Sydney. I still haven't replaced it as I had found it on sale for US$30 and can't bring myself to pay more than the first time.

Anyway, thanks for agreeing. That brings me one step closer to my goal. You'll be my 6th or so and I have two work colleagues that have promised me they'll do it at some stage (I haven't been hounding them, but will soon). Once you help 10 people, you get all the NES games on the VC for free and I'm finally getting close. With 20 people, you get all the SNES and N64 content on the store too, but I doubt I could ever find enough friends with unconnected Wiis for that.

Axiom

fappenmeister said:
I've got a 360 code I don't anticipate using.
Thanks but my RB stuff is all PS3..ah the siren call of region free has led me astray Wouldn't be a lack of takers though I'm sure.

Though that was a damn good Amazon deal so I regret nothing.

CryptiK

Choc said:
i think ausgaf is becoming some of serrells news sources ;) he posted about the playstation phone after we started to talk about it :p
and you will be saying in 2 weeks time OH guys did you hear about the PSP Phone?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:
/WoW Talk

<Giraffe> Is now born on Caelstrasz horde side. If anyone needs an invite let me know.

/Wow Talk ends

already ? isn't that 2 months early. smh. do I have to download the game now

MrSerrels

Choc said:
i think ausgaf is becoming some of serrells news sources ;) he posted about the playstation phone after we started to talk about it :p

lol! There was one story I got via neogaf recently, but I can't remember what it was...

Not the PlayStation phone though ;) I actually got that one up before the US, but probably only because I can type faster!

My main source of news is Vooks :lol

tips@kotaku.com.au – cut out the middle man

legend166

Nedjoe said:
Can Aussies access the Rock Band Network with Rock Band 3 now?

No.

There is a massive tease where you can actually go into the Rock Band Network section of the store and see all the songs, but there's a big fat "Not Currently Available" thing where the price should be.

My keyboard left Louisville 3 hours ago. Let's see where it winds up next.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
Opinions on iiNet, guys? I blew my 20GB limit on Optus and want to make the move over. Is it a huge hassle?

No issues here with iinet. See if there's a fast churn option, there should be. Also check out to see if iinet has equipment in your exchange so you can get adsl2 and if there's any spots left.

And ricki lee not liking star wars, best girl ever.

MrSerrels

legend166 said:
No.

There is a massive tease where you can actually go into the Rock Band Network section of the store and see all the songs, but there's a big fat "Not Currently Available" thing where the price should be.

My keyboard left Louisville 3 hours ago. Let's see where it winds up next.

Just about to order from Amazon. Man, can't wait to for Bon Jovi and Hendrix DLC. Rhythm games will dominate my life once more. Harmonix, you magnificent, handsome bastards.

MrSerrels

Who is the goto awesome ISP these days? TPG?

I went with exetel a couple of years back, but relationship has soured over them reducing my off peak to ludicrously low levels time wise.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
MrSerrels said:

I went with exetel a couple of years back, but relationship has soured over them reducing my off peak to ludicrously low levels time wise.

Depends what you want to define awesome as. What features are you looking for, how much do you want to spend etc etc.

Agyar

MrSerrels said:

iiNet and Internode are the favourites amongst people who care about quality. TPG offer massive quota but their network has issues and their customer service isn't exactly crash hot.

Internode really put in the extra mile when it comes to network infrastructure, especially with their international routing and iiNet aren't bad either and have an edge if you want more quota (although all their currently available plans include both uploads and downloads).

I'm currently on iiNet and churning to them isn't really a big issue at all. If you're able to get a fast churn, your internet only goes down for a few hours during a week day so the impact is minimal.

Darklord

Banned
Where can I pick up The Force Unleashed for cheap? I mean the original, not the sequel.

MrSerrels said:

Probably iinet or netspace(who are owned by iinet now). Big download quotas and decent price. I think free xbox live useage too.

Shaneus

I was just connected with TPG yesterday. Seems like when I was cut over from my old ISP, the 3Mbps cap I had on my local RIM was lifted as I managed to download almost 20gb from Usenet overnight :lol

(yes, that's a maniacal :lol)

Shaneus

Yup. In the Steam gifting thread.

Quite a few have been insanely generous, too... I've been gifted several games for free just because they were so cheap (<$10) even though I only ever intended to buy.

giri

Gazunta said:
Opinions on iiNet, guys? I blew my 20GB limit on Optus and want to make the move over. Is it a huge hassle?
I've been with iinet for 5 years now or something.

They're completely awesome in terms of quality, speed, pings, and reliability. Also have customer service teams that speak english, and work in australia!

HolyCheck

Been on hold to blizzard for 30 minutes now..

I'm not fucking sending them a copy of my passport to unlock my WoW account. they can just fucking remove it from my email and I'll make a new one. ugh

Shaneus

Finally been cut over to TPG. Looks like during the cutover, I switched ports and I'm now on an 8Mbps ADSL1 link rather than capped at 3Mbps like I was previously. In addition, my plan is $30 cheaper than my last ISP and I'm now on unlimited rather than at 230gb.

Hoping Telstra doesn't cap the line again but either way, life is kinda sweet right now!

Bernbaum

I think Mass Effect has my favourite imagined world of any medium. Contenders are Bioshock's Rapture and Jurassic Park's Isla Nublar (Isla Sorna can go fuck right off).

The first ME novel is my pioneer exposure to reading a game-based narrative independent of the actual interactive experience. I came expecting sometime maybe a notch above fan fiction, but it's a good story and great sci fi.

If I'm careful, I can continue to enjoy the Mass Effect extended universe whilst retaining my cooldudeness. Just so long as I don't end up like this guy.

hamchan

Syth_Blade22 said:
Been on hold to blizzard for 30 minutes now..

I'm not fucking sending them a copy of my passport to unlock my WoW account. they can just fucking remove it from my email and I'll make a new one. ugh
I sent them a photocopy of my driver's license.

Choc

Banned
Legend i logged into UPS Corporate

to get more deets

Flight is

5X34.

Due at sydney airport 3:55pm this afternoon and is on time.

If this is correct we possibly should get it tommorow :)

hamchan

Shaun Micallef just pointed out a plot hole in Back to the Future 2.

When Old Biff went back to the past to give Young Biff the almanac he changed the future so that Biff would be super rich. However Old Biff managed to bring the Delorean back to his own future so Marty and Doc could ride in it again. Really he should have been stuck in the new stream he created.

Agyar

hamchan said:
Shaun Micallef just pointed out a plot hole in Back to the Future 2.

When Old Biff went back to the past to give Young Biff the almanac he changed the future so that Biff would be super rich. However Old Biff managed to bring the Delorean back to his own future so Marty and Doc could ride in it again. Really he should have been stuck in the new stream he created.

BttF is full of time travel plot holes. I was reading this list of them yesterday. I think it may have even been linked on GAF. Internet -> GAF -> Shaun Micallef -> GAF.

Clipper

Agyar said:
iiNet and Internode are the favourites amongst people who care about quality. TPG offer massive quota but their network has issues and their customer service isn't exactly crash hot.
I can certainly agree to that. One of their bus ads last year made me realise how much more quota I could get for the same price on Naked ADSL and I called them up to switch over. They stated they wouldn't connect me unless I had an existing Telstra phone line to disconnect. My previous plan was with Optus, so there was nothing I could do. The same thing happened to a friend of mine that had just started renting a new unit where the previous tenant had never bothered paying line rental. In order to get them to allow me to be a customer, I would have needed to sign up for a Telstra home line to cancel it immediately, incurring any contract breakage fees.

I ended up switching to Netspace later that day, getting nearly as good a deal without needing to jump through any of the hoops. I can thank TPG for giving me the idea to switch, but some of these unwritten rules they have seem really anti-consumer.

HolyCheck

i think its serious lol "hang on nick.. i just need to read all the notes attatched to this account to make sure im not stepping on anyones toes"

edit: yay :) unlocked.

Mar

The Gamecrux Cruxcast game gold podwhat is up on iTunes, for those who don't listen to podcasts that aren't in iTunes (I know I don't).

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=399922225

Need to fix the feed a bit, it's in the wrong category for some reason.

Also, the direct feed doesn't seem to work well with Google Talk so I hear. Does Google have their own podcast tags? Because I just created one full of <itunes> tags...

Fellow gamecruxians... We can hide no longer. We are now in the public eye. Hold me Aon.

Mar

evlcookie said:
Mar did you see the NZ development thread that Mario made? Could be good for gamecrux wiki.

Yeah I did. I haven't updated the wiki in a looooong time. One day, I'll have the time to do that. Damn you video games!

Rlan

mzl.zwtrwzgy.1024x1024-65.jpg

Age Of Zombies is out in Australia y'all! Just $3.99AU!

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/age-of-zombies/id395627741?mt=8

Lock and load through the history of time as a tough-as-nails commando named Barry Steakfries, who is looking for nothing more than to shoot some zombies and make it back in time for a hearty dinner.

The evil Professor Brains has sent hordes of undead to the furthest reaches of time to destroy mankind, but Steakfries won’t be taking that lying down. He’ll take it with a gun and witty remarks.

- Shoot up ninjas, mummies, cavemen and all manner of historical undead zombies!
- Five time periods to eliminate the zombie invasion!
- Massive bosses and a huge variety of weapons and explosives!
- Bonus Survival mode to take your zombie-blasting skills to the next level!

Buy that shit!
please!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
TF2 got updated for the halloween event. I think i will be playing that tonight and i guess for the next few days.

I will get around to blade kitten this weekend gaz, i swear ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom