• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I've been with Internode for years and they are truly wonderful. Over 100 unmetered radio streams, premium usenet, one of Australia's best gaming networks, more unmetered files and mirrors than you can poke a stick at and great support.

Bought Age of Zombies, looks cool.

I'm down for some TF2 tonight as well, update sounds awesome. Horseless Headless Horseman :lol

jambo

What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to get a PAL copy of RB2 so I can export the songs to RB3?

Play-Asia is out of stock :<

Gazunta

Top work, Queensland Rail. After driving between three local train stations looking for one that has a car park spot, I missed my train.

Resigning myself to catching the next one and being "on time" instead of "comfortably early", I eventually find a spot and realize that I can't buy a ticket at the station. The Ticket machine doesn't give change for a $50 note, and it doesn't accept EFTPOS for paper tickets. There's no stores nearby. The vending machines don't accept notes.

Gosh I'm just so glad I avoided the hassle of driving into the city.

Agyar

Choc said:
anyone bought rdr dlc?

the start looks insane

Bought it but haven't played it yet, so this post is worthless. I plan to over the weekend if I can find time but both Enslaved and Civ 5 really have their hooks in.

Enslaved is an interesting game because the bullet point list of gameplay/tehcnical features and components makes it sound like the most derivative video game ever made but the characters, environments and interactions are so believable the rest just becomes comfortably unobstrusive. I absolutely love how it looks as well, so much so that I really wish the levels were a little more exploration based just to see more of the amazing landscapes.

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Top work, Queensland Rail. After driving between three local train stations looking for one that has a car park spot, I missed my train.

Resigning myself to catching the next one and being "on time" instead of "comfortably early", I eventually find a spot and realize that I can't buy a ticket at the station. The Ticket machine doesn't give change for a $50 note, and it doesn't accept EFTPOS for paper tickets. There's no stores nearby. The vending machines don't accept notes.

Gosh I'm just so glad I avoided the hassle of driving into the city.

Translink are anticipating your Go Card purchase and the many years of undeserved penalties, price rises and issues that will follow.

giri

Agyar said:
Translink are anticipating your Go Card purchase and the many years of undeserved penalties, price rises and issues that will follow.

Don't forget the distribution of any/all your personal details to anyone that asks!

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
:lol

That bloody GoCard is taking some getting used to for me! I frequently forget to touch off when I'm coming home. Amidst the flurry of rushing to get through the crowds, rocking out to my iPod, hauling around my gym bag and deciding what flavour block of cheese I'm gonna eat for dinner I don't always remember to touch off that stupid piece of plastic. $2.50 is too harsh a penalty and that shit adds up.

Fredescu

I got both with the pre order discount thing, but I'm too busy with Fallout New Vegas to try them. I launched Deathspank. It looked cool.

legend166

jambo said:
What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to get a PAL copy of RB2 so I can export the songs to RB3?

Play-Asia is out of stock :<

It looks pretty rare. The cheapest I can find it in the UK is 50 pounds :S

Choc

Banned
when i was in QLD it took me back to the 80s the rail system

i was looking for a ticket machine with eftpos

what did i find

a conductor with coins and paper tickets

this was in SOUTHBANK!!!!!!!!!!

i mean WHAT!

i had to go to an atm and get cash and have him whinge i only had a 20 buck note

qld rail is useless

Agyar

Choc said:
when i was in QLD it took me back to the 80s the rail system

i was looking for a ticket machine with eftpos

what did i find

a conductor with coins and paper tickets

this was in SOUTHBANK!!!!!!!!!!

i mean WHAT!

i had to go to an atm and get cash and have him whinge i only had a 20 buck note

qld rail is useless

It's messed up because they're trying to force everyone on to the Go Cards and paper ticketing has become a more expensive, under-supported option for travel. The problem is they haven't made Go Cards accessible for visitors and they barely provide an incentive to use them as they constantly fuck up and they're annoying to keep topped up unless you travel through a large train station. Catching any of the new prepaid-only bus services means constantly having to drop in to newsagents (or using their painful online top up system).

Also it's Translink that are responsible for ticketing bullshit, not Queensland Rail.

Axiom

What's the best place to get high quality accurate or fan-made game covers? The copy of Fallout: New Vegas I won arrived and it's slapped with a giant yellow 'PROMOTIONAL COPY NOT FOR RESALE'.

My copy of Rock Band 2 NTSC also turns out to have been stolen along with my previously mentioned stuff (how the hell I missed Heavy Rain and Rock Band 2 missing in the first place I'll never know - damn my retro focus).
It's a shame you just can't buy the key without needing the game...but I am safe in the knowledge that whomever has my RB2 cannot redeem it for free dlc!

Rock Band 3 is really damn fun, I need to get Power of Love going with a full band backing me up.

CryptiK

Rlan said:
http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/045/Purple/e5/5e/78/mzl.zwtrwzgy.1024x1024-65.jpg

Buy that shit! [spoiler]please![/spoiler][/QUOTE]I have a bone to pick with you!

I demand to know why there is American Pride in Fruit Ninja! How was I meant to know how many stars were on the flag.
And Im not buying it until I have confirmation it isnt in AoZ :P

Shaneus

Someone else coming to the AusGAF thread! From the Rock Band 3 one who had no idea it was located in the Online part of GAF. There you go.

Quickie: Anybody pick up Lego Rock Band for 360 (or PS3 I guess) recently? I'm trying to get it under $20 new but everywhere is just over. Looks like the perfect song pack for a game that now has a focus on keyboards.

Agyar said:
It's messed up because they're trying to force everyone on to the Go Cards and paper ticketing has become a more expensive, under-supported option for travel. The problem is they haven't made Go Cards accessible for visitors and they barely provide an incentive to use them as they constantly fuck up and they're annoying to keep topped up unless you travel through a large train station. Catching any of the new prepaid-only bus services means constantly having to drop in to newsagents (or using their painful online top up system).

Also it's Translink that are responsible for ticketing bullshit, not Queensland Rail.
The worst part is you can't top up your Go Card at every newsagent that sells them. My local one sells Go Cards, but do they have the machine that lets you top them up? So basically, if you're at the bus stop, forgot to top up and have no cash on you, you're screwed.

Bloody useless.

Stackboy

I never knew Ausgaf moved to Online!! Now I'm home again.

Quick, catch me up on 86 pages. How many pictures of Rikki Lee and Miranda Kerr got posted?

remz

aaaaaah ricki lee.

quick question: did any rock band 3 keyboards even make it into the country? everywhere i've gone has just had sales people mumble something about "ordering problems"

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
remz said:
aaaaaah ricki lee.

quick question: did any rock band 3 keyboards even make it into the country? everywhere i've gone has just had sales people mumble something about "ordering problems"

I don't think so. I'm guessing that's why choc and legend are buying them from the states. Choc should have one to resell if you need one :D

Mar

My Giant Bomb t-shirt finally arrived. Looks like it cost them $20 to ship it, plus manufacturing costs, and I paid US$10 extra for the shirt. Looks like they got ripped on that deal.

Shirt looks alright, not a fan of the materials but whatever. I'll wear it tomorrow at work for shits and giggles.

legend166

Shaneus said:
Someone else coming to the AusGAF thread! From the Rock Band 3 one who had no idea it was located in the Online part of GAF. There you go.

Quickie: Anybody pick up Lego Rock Band for 360 (or PS3 I guess) recently? I'm trying to get it under $20 new but everywhere is just over. Looks like the perfect song pack for a game that now has a focus on keyboards.

They won't have keyboard parts though.

It would be awesome if they did, but they don't.

Agyar

Mar said:
My Giant Bomb t-shirt finally arrived. Looks like it cost them $20 to ship it, plus manufacturing costs, and I paid US$10 extra for the shirt. Looks like they got ripped on that deal.

Shirt looks alright, not a fan of the materials but whatever. I'll wear it tomorrow at work for shits and giggles.

Mine came last week, I like it because the American Apparel shirts fit really well (if a bit long). I don't really have a lot of geeky tshirts any more, so it and my Brutal Legend tshirt will have to fill that void.

teekun

evlcookie said:
I don't think so. I'm guessing that's why choc and legend are buying them from the states. Choc should have one to resell if you need one :D

Amazon has just updated their stock as well, and it looks like they've got both 360 and PS3 keyboards available to ship to Australia. I'm ordering one now, along with a new non-pro guitar controller.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I know some of you can't use steam when you're at work, and might get sad about all the exciting conversations.

I just wanted to share the last hour in steam chat.

2:22 PM - Syth_Blade22: almost as bad as fred basset
BananaArnie disconnected.
BananaArnie entered chat.
hamchan disconnected.
hamchan entered chat.
evlcookie disconnected.
evlcookie entered chat.
Mar entered chat.
Pikelet left chat.
CryptiK entered chat.
3:35 PM - CryptiK: facebook sadder than wow

MrSerrels

legend166 said:
Choc, our keyboards have arrived in Australia.

Sorry if I'm making you guys go over the same shit, but where did you guys order from? Barnes and Noble?

I ordered from Amazon last night. Apparently they come super quick. Supposed to have mine by mon or tuesday...

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Choc, our keyboards have arrived in Australia.

yep told you UPS 3:55pm flight :)

amazingly they might be on a van right now.....

i have one coming from BN and Amazon (yes i know silly)

shipped within 2 hrs of each other

BN should be here today or tommorow! (48 hrs turnaround!!!) BN is UPS

Amazon is saying monday (DHL)

remz

evlcookie said:
hmmm, tempting, tempting. Might just order one from overseas myself, it's what I did for my first set of RB stuff. (bought the game from the UK, instruments from the US)

legend166

MrSerrels said:
Sorry if I'm making you guys go over the same shit, but where did you guys order from? Barnes and Noble?

I ordered from Amazon last night. Apparently they come super quick. Supposed to have mine by mon or tuesday...

Yep, B&N.

If I had my time again, I would have ordered from Amazon. By when I ordered, I was under the impression that B&N were shipping on the 19th of October and Amazon were shipping on the 26th.

Obviously that wasn't the case, since it only shipped yesterday.

legend166

Choc said:
yep told you UPS 3:55pm flight :)

amazingly they might be on a van right now.....

i have one coming from BN and Amazon (yes i know silly)

shipped within 2 hrs of each other

BN should be here today or tommorow! (48 hrs turnaround!!!) BN is UPS

Amazon is saying monday (DHL)

If it gets here today I will go nuts :lol

Mar

Syth_Blade22 said:
I know some of you can't use steam when you're at work, and might get sad about all the exciting conversations.

I just wanted to share the last hour in steam chat.

Update:

CryptiK: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411424
Syth_Blade22: lol oh farmville
Your state is set to Offline.
Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
Connected again and rejoined chat.
Rahk entered chat.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Yep, B&N.

If I had my time again, I would have ordered from Amazon. By when I ordered, I was under the impression that B&N were shipping on the 19th of October and Amazon were shipping on the 26th.

Obviously that wasn't the case, since it only shipped yesterday.

is yours going to a residential address?

if so it is more than likely going to be on a van this evening

if its a biz address it will be tommorow

Shaneus

Just another quickie to ask (if anyone has the info) if anyone knows the cheapest to get a PAL 360 new copy of Lego Rock Band? I think the going rate is $20, but if it can be bought instore rather than online for that price, I'd be well chuffed.

Oh, fans of Haterbot should know that they're about to start selling the t-shirts from their FB fan page. It's too awesome:
12994637-79c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom