• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caramello

hamchan said:
Games I'll be trying to play at the same time when my exams are over:
GT5
CoD:BO
WoW
Golden Sun 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Fable 3
Ys Seven
DJ Max Portable 3
Resonance of Fate

Gah.. I'm a a very similar situation.. I'm guessing most people are though :|

I'll be playing:

F1 2010
Medal of Honor (Though I may trade this in, got a corrupt save half way through a level in the campaign...)
Cod: Black Ops
GT5
Red Dead Redemption (backlog, may have to wait even longer)
Heavy Rain (Same as RDR)
Goldeneye 007
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

I wanted to get Rockband 3 as well but I think I'll wait til January for that :lol

BSS

Mar said:
Yeah I'll link the XML when you let me know it works or why it doesn't. A bit useless linking them to something with no info in it.

Looks like each episode just wants to have another tag called <description> which has the same content as the <itunes:summary> tag.

The feed title seems to have fixed itself.

Mar

BSS said:
Looks like each episode just wants to have another tag called <description> which has the same content as the <itunes:summary> tag.

The feed title seems to have fixed itself.

Cool. I'll give it a poke.

Also, I made one of those Giant Bomb lists. This one tracking everything I've played in 2010. Will come in much handy for goaties.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mar/played-in-2010/46-44476/

Unlike Agyar, I've on purposely mixed them up. No spoilers.

Rahk

Mar said:
Cool. I'll give it a poke.

Also, I made one of those Giant Bomb lists. This one tracking everything I've played in 2010. Will come in much handy for goaties.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mar/played-in-2010/46-44476/

Unlike Agyar, I've on purposely mixed them up. No spoilers.
I know that L4D2 came out quite soon after L4D, but I'm pretty sure they weren't in the same year!

I guess it's not just counting games that have come out in 2010?

Mar

Rahk said:
I know that L4D2 came out quite soon after L4D, but I'm pretty sure they weren't in the same year!

Everything I've played in 2010. Not what's been released in 2010. I don't think Yars' Revenge was 2010 either!

Deeku

Man I wish I could play so many games during the summer. But instead I'm going to be slaving away doing shitty peon work at a summer internship.

Clipper

Syth_Blade22 said:
welp. I tried to do my tax.. and it wont verify my identity. GG.
You don't have any old Notice of Assessments lying around? You've only got until tomorrow to avoid the potential fine...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Clipper said:
You don't have any old Notice of Assessments lying around? You've only got until tomorrow to avoid the potential fine...

Nope :(

Might have to pop in early in the morn before uni to see what I can sort out.. I can't work out why it's not accepting my details as proof of ID, i've used the same bank account for 10 years (and it's the only one I have) I must have entered my name wrong last year...

Bernbaum

BrisGAF 2.0 - Bris Harder

Where?
Mana Bar, Fortitude Valley

When?
>Coming week<, Wednesday 3rd of November, 6pm

What?
Video games, drinks at the bar, and a chance once again to meet your delightfully civilized GAF co-residents of the Sunshine state's capital.

Why next week?
It's overdue, and people have been asking for it, so I thought I'd bite the bullet. We're also on the cusp of the holiday season - people go on leave and aren't available.

That's kinda short notice.
It's the only time that suits me and others have expressed similar time constraints. Otherwise it'll be months, and not as many will be able to make it. It's early in the week so should be quiet, and people usually have work/uni drinks on Thurs and Fri. Yes, it's the start of Uni exams for the young'uns, but if you buy me a drink I'll help you study.

Who's Interested?
Agyar, Gazunta, Viciouskillersquirrel, yours truly, and probably half a dozen more.

Who's invited?
Everyone who can make it. Friends/significant others welcome. I'm not expecting any more people than what showed up last time, but it's a good group. There's probably a few stragglers who still haven't found AusGAF's new hiding spot, but I'll send out a batch of PM's to those who were invited last time.

What do we need to do?
Decide on either the Tuesday or Wednesday, and let the bar know we're coming so they can be extra nice to us.

Bernbaum

I checked my quota yesterday and found we had 20 Gig left for the month - something which has never happened before.

What the hell do I download?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
I checked my quota yesterday and found we had 20 Gig left for the month - something which has never happened before.

What the hell do I download?

Like the rest of Australians. Linux ISOs

It should be noted that Syth works
At the ATO, He Still hasn't done his tax. That's how efficient they are.

mandiller

I won't be able to make it to the BrisGAF meet up sadly. I'm working till 8pm on Wednesday. I hope you guys have a great time though! I hope to catch the next one.

Agyar

Mar said:
Everything I've played in 2010. Not what's been released in 2010. I don't think Yars' Revenge was 2010 either!

My 2010 is only stuff released in 2010 that I've played in 2010. 2010. Twenty-ten.

I could do a list of everything I've played this year but it would basically be the same thing plus a shitload of Dragon Age.

Nemesis_

Err, guys. The ATO contacted me and said I had a tax return outstanding from 2003. This was when I was working VERY casually and only paid about $5 tax. I don't have any documentation from that period either.

What do I do? >_>

Nemesis556 said:
Err, guys. The ATO contacted me and said I had a tax return outstanding from 2003. This was when I was working VERY casually and only paid about $5 tax. I don't have any documentation from that period either.

What do I do? >_>
See a tax accountant is the easy answer. If you haven't lodged a return for the previous financial year yet then do both at the same time.

Clipper

Nemesis556 said:

What do I do? >_>
Perhaps you can get another copy of your PAYE statement from your employer at the time.

Otherwise, I think there is a way to file approximate numbers if you know you were way under the tax free threshhold (which was effectively $16000 when you apply the low income offset). That way you are probably forfeiting your refund of the $5 that you are entitled to, but it gets you out of trouble.

Bernbaum

So I just wrapped up ‘that confrontation’ with Matriarch Benezia in Mass Effect.

It’s an early game confrontation that is notoriously difficult and I remember it giving me a headache the size of Tasmania the first time I played it. I ensured I did that quest after I’d done a tonne of side-quests and worked my crew up to level 25. I won the confrontation on the first try without dying and it actually ended up being the most fun combat setpiece in my current playthrough thus far and now I feel like a fucking champ.

Shotgunned that menopausal old cunt right in the fucking ovaries.

HolyCheck

Bernbaum said:
So I just wrapped up ‘that confrontation’ with Matriarch Benezia in Mass Effect.

It’s an early game confrontation that is notoriously difficult and I remember it giving me a headache the size of Tasmania the first time I played it. I ensured I did that quest after I’d done a tonne of side-quests and worked my crew up to level 25. I won the confrontation on the first try without dying and it actually ended up being the most fun combat setpiece in my current playthrough thus far and now I feel like a fucking champ.

Shotgunned that menopausal old cunt right in the fucking ovaries.

I had the same issue, I went that quest first the first time I played and it pissed me off and I didnt return to the game til about 6 months before ME2 (as to which I loved and is in my top 3 games of the year)

Deeku

Yes it's raining in Sydney now!! I hope this means the stupid halloween kids won't be coming around.

Edit: ah crud, it's not raining anymore...

HolyCheck

I thought I'd ask what everyone in AusGAF's favourite games of all time are?

I dunno might be interesting, I'll put them all into a list later see what everyones favourite games of all time are! List them in no order, just 10!

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • NBA JAM
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Super Monkey Ball 1
  • Mortal Kombat II
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbours
  • Pokemon Red

Edit: made a change, will probably make a few more as I drink more bourbon / think about it

Gazunta

Wizball THE GREATEST GAME EVER
Yoshi's Island
Rainbow Islands
CRACKDOWN OMG
Poker Smash
Space Taxi
Elite (series)
Civ (series, hell, I have all three versions of Revolution!)
Speedball 2
....leaving myself some time to think of #10

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Resident Evil 4, Half-Life 2, Grim Fandango, Nintendo Classic B

These are games every enthusiast needs to play, regardless of taste.

Deeku

RBI Baseball
Panel de pon
Resident Evil 4
FF Tactics
One of the Marios (world?)
Pokemon Blue
Zelda Link's Awakening
Somethin something

Mar

Oh, another one of these. I guess I could mull my top 10.

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Silent Hill 2
3. The Last Ninja
4. Super Monkey Ball
5. Quake 2
6. Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins
7. Bubble Bobble
8. Super Metroid
9. Street Fighter 2
10. Super Castlevania IV

Edit: Now in clicky form.

Agyar

I should be ok for BrisGAF this week, although I have to check my girlfriend doesn't have anything planned as Wednesday is also my birthday. Going to be a busy week socially and alcoholically, with BrisGAF, a work function, drinks with friends and my birthday.

legend166

My top 10:

Starcraft
Metroid Prime
Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Galaxy
Grim Fandango
Super Monkey Ball
F-Zero GX
World of Warcraft
Tetris
Half Life 2

HolyCheck

So did you guys also get those super funky ridiculous levels to unlock where you had to do the BONUS levels without losing a single life to get the BONUS BONUS levels?

Fuck.

legend166

Syth_Blade22 said:
So did you guys also get those super funky ridiculous levels to unlock where you had to do the BONUS levels without losing a single life to get the BONUS BONUS levels?

Fuck.

I don't think I ever got to Master Expert.

Also, for the record, I didn't like Super Monkey Ball 2. I could write a thesis on the difference between the two and why the first was great and the second sucked.

HolyCheck

legend166 said:
I don't think I ever got to Master Expert.

Also, for the record, I didn't like Super Monkey Ball 2. I could write a thesis on the difference between the two and why the first was great and the second sucked.

The day I got to Master Expert.. one of the happiest of my life. Stood no chance in the levels though.

and yes.

Played Super Monkey Ball 2 for about 4 - 5 hours. Never again, it had so much wrong with it that ruined what the original had

Mar

Syth_Blade22 said:
The day I got to Master Expert.. one of the happiest of my life. Stood no chance in the levels though.

You gave up on them? Man, you have infinite continues to beat those levels. The hard part is getting there.

I was over the mother fucking moon when I made it there too, and I was willing to leave my console on for months if I had to. I was going to finish them, no matter what. I did, and I did it the same day thankfully.

I love Super Monkey Ball 2 as well, not as much though. I also love Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, which is both games mixed together and with extra levels too. In fact every top 10 list before this I'd always put Deluxe as my choice. This was the first time I'd conceded the first was probably the most pure experience.

ErinMarcon

Neo Member
The problem as I saw it was that SMB1 was based entirely on skill, while too many of the levels in SMB2 relied on luck. Also, SMB Bowling was bliss.

Mar

ErinMarcon said:
The problem as I saw it was that SMB1 was based entirely on skill, while too many of the levels in SMB2 relied on luck. Also, SMB Bowling was bliss.

There were levels that relied on luck, certainly. However unlike the first game you could unlock 100 lives. So it sort of balanced it out.

In SMB1 it was all skill and you had, what, 5 lives max wasn't it? And you had to earn 2 of those by collecting 100 bananas.

Mar

commanderdeek said:
I wasn't very good a monkey ball back in the day. I think I want to dig it out and play it again now.

You should. I retired from it for a year or so before deciding to pick it up again, with the dream of finally beating the master levels. I actually found the game easier on the second visit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door was really effing excellent, too. Always overlooked when people talk about amazing Nintendo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom