• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

jambo said:
Isn't Amazon just a re-seller, thus it would depend on whether or not the supplier ships intl?
They both resell from other sellers and ship from their own warehouses. Pre-order stuff is almost guaranteed to come from Amazon itself. It seems that it depends on publisher whether imports are allowed or not. I think all Nintendo-published games are marked as don't ship, as that would constitute the majority of games I would have tried in the past.

jambo

That would explain it then. I've never tried to buy Nintendo stuff off of Amazon. Would explain why I have greater success.

Man I can't wait to get my Wii next Thursday! :D

So today I managed to score myself a free 64 gig 3G iPad :D

What's a good game to break it in? I have all the typical iPhone stuff, are there any sweet iPad specific games I should be getting?

Caramello

jambo said:
I went down to EB Rundle Mall today to pre-order one of the new special edition Red Wii Mario bundles but I'm a bit worried.

Firstly, the guy looked newish and a bit flustered. Plus he was the only staffer in the store.

Secondly, he didn't even know there was a Red Wii Mario bundle coming out.

Thirdly, there were 2 entries in the computer (that he showed me for some reason), being Nintendo Wii Red and Nintendo Wii Mario that were both $299 and both coming out on the 11th.

I only put $10 down so I might go back tonight after work to double check with someone who actually knows the bundle I want to buy.

Amazon ship almost everything to Australia. I think there's only ever been like 1-2 things I haven't been able to get.

Didn't see anyone reply to you - Red Wii bundle is the one you want. Nintendo are also releasing a white Wii bundle on the same day with Mario Kart packed in instead of NSMBWii.

Shaneus

Seriously, the original BttF has held up so fucking well... the BR remaster was superb, too.

So, wanting to buy RB3 and the keyboard for the 360. What's the cheapest option?

Rahk

Stackboy said:
Sup AusGaf. I was moving over the weekend. What did I miss?

I'm pretty much all over RB3 on 360. Gamertag is Stackboy Royale. Will be on tonight.
I think I might already have you on my list (Rakula). Can't play tonight though. I only play drums and it's a bit late. But if you see me online any other time feel free to invite me to a game.

Bernbaum said:
I feel bad for only having played Vanquish once.

Feels like I haven't officially 'played' it - I finished it once on normal but haven't returned for hard mode or any of the challenges. Moment I wrapped it up that disc got swapped out for Mass Effect and I haven't looked back.
Weren't you jizzing all over it? Not that not replaying it means it's bad or anything. I can't seem to replay games anymore very often unless there's a long break in between. Too many other games to play.

evlcookie said:
Back of the trucks really do offer great deals these days

grats. nfi on games
:lol

Thanks, the true story though is that my boss is a pretty awesome guy, bought us all an iPad each :D

Works been fucking hectic so it's paid off I guess!

So yeh, anyone got any game recommendations?

TwiztidElf

Does anyone know what's happening with the Aussie release of Def Jam Rapstar?

It looks like it's been pushed back into 2011?
The US 360 version is apparently region locked.
The PS3 version has limited dlc.
The UK 360 version has a slightly gimped tracklist (missing a Public Enemy and Ice Cube track from the US version to make room for UK localized shite).

Has ours been pushed back to localize ours? Or make a PAL version of the US list?
Information is so hard to come by for this title.

jambo

Caramello said:
Didn't see anyone reply to you - Red Wii bundle is the one you want. Nintendo are also releasing a white Wii bundle on the same day with Mario Kart packed in instead of NSMBWii.
I read the receipt and it says Wii Mario so I'll go tomorrow at lunch and change it to Wii Red

Cheers!

Agyar

BanShunsaku said:
So today I managed to score myself a free 64 gig 3G iPad :D

What's a good game to break it in? I have all the typical iPhone stuff, are there any sweet iPad specific games I should be getting?

How does one score free iPads?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BanShunsaku said:
:lol

Thanks, the true story though is that my boss is a pretty awesome guy, bought us all an iPad each :D

Works been fucking hectic so it's paid off I guess!

So yeh, anyone got any game recommendations?
whether or not you have an iPhone will inform this answer, but some essentials:

Plants vs Zombies
Game Dev Story
chu Chu Rocket
Civ Rev (don't know if this is iPad native)
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Puzzle Agent
Angry Birds
Super Quick Hook (not sure if iPad native)
Canabalt
Pix'n Love Rush

don't know how many are actually iPad games and how many are iPhone only, but they'll all run on an iPad.

Bernbaum

Urghhh... I fucking hate the new Xbox update already and it hasn't even finished downloading.

Rez, what is the platform of choice for Puzzle Agent? I have a Macbook and several iOS devices.

Bernbaum

My 360 just told me that if I want to select something, I need to use a little something called the 'A button.'

I've never had my feeling of self worth more insulted than I have just now.

I fucking hate you, Kinect.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the portable versions are cool, but to be honest, if you can play it on a PC or Mac, do it. I played it hooked up to my shiny new Sony LCD TV and I was fucking amazed. The clean colours are such a good way of showing off what a good display TV can output. It's not what you'd expect when people say graphical showcase, but if you have a TV/monitor that really vividly shows clean blocks of colour, it looks so damn nice. Telltale really knock it out of the park with UI design and all that.

jambo

Bernbaum said:
My 360 just told me that if I want to select something, I need to use a little something called the 'A button.'

I've never had my feeling of self worth more insulted than I have just now.

I fucking hate you, Kinect.
Goddamn fucking helpful UI, who wants that shit. They should make it more like Myst.

Wanna play a game, fucking organ puzzle!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
New Dashboard looks like Nintendo and Apple had an orgy and came all over the place.

But like a quickie orgy because shit is all half baked.

markot

Banned
Conan is ok but he isnt the super duper the internet makes him out to be.

Plus Colbert + Daily Show is all you need!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Conan is like the father I actually think is funny.

Cohsae

Conan made that old timey baseball sketch. And also that birdwatching one. More than enough to make him a legend in my eyes.
Also he seems to have an ability to bring out the best/worst in Norm MacDonald, which is always outstanding.

jambo

I may have just ordered one of these from Amazon...

isaCf.jpg

>_>

Shaneus

Rezbit said:
WAT. Awesome! What time they playing it??
No idea... but if they're showing ads now (just saw one then) then I assume it'll be around this time, maybe starting 11-11:30pm? Hoping for earlier, but I'll gladly take what I can get (unless they gimp/edit/sensor it for airing here).

PS. Official 'Conan' thread

Gazunta

Well there goes my last reason for holding onto Foxtel!
I think the wife is still in need of her Real Housewives of New York fix though >_<

Rez said:
whether or not you have an iPhone will inform this answer, but some essentials:

Plants vs Zombies
Game Dev Story
chu Chu Rocket
Civ Rev (don't know if this is iPad native)
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Puzzle Agent
Angry Birds
Super Quick Hook (not sure if iPad native)
Canabalt
Pix'n Love Rush

don't know how many are actually iPad games and how many are iPhone only, but they'll all run on an iPad.

Thanks for the help, I have an iPhone and a few of the usual suspects (words with friends, angry birds etc) but in terms of iPad games I have no idea. Puzzle Agent looks good, might have to check it out.

Not that I have even had a chance to use the iPad yet, the other half snatched it as soon as she came home last night and spent about 6 hours playing Diner Dash. At least I have an excuse to play more Fallout NV now :lol

Gazunta said:
I think the wife is still in need of her Real Housewives of New York fix though >_<

God, don't get me started on the fucking housewives... My gf watches those shows religiously. I just don't get it.

Mar

BanShunsaku said:
Thanks for the help, I have an iPhone and a few of the usual suspects (words with friends, angry birds etc) but in terms of iPad games I have no idea. Puzzle Agent looks good, might have to check it out.

You need to get Mirror's Edge. Best game on ios in my opinion.

legend166

Am I the only one that does not care about the Melbourne Cup in the slightest?

Just everything about it annoys me.

1. Horse racing is a stupid sport that simply would not exist without betting. Everyone always talks about how one horse is better than another, but they never just seem to time the races to see who is actually better. They don't care though, it's all about the win because that's where the gambling money is.

2. It's a never ending line up of c-list 'celebrities' to get their vacuous celebrities to get their stupid faces on TV.

3. I don't care what kind of 'fascinator' some z-list celebrity wore to win fashions on the field.

4. Jockey's creep me out.

5. Every single sports reporter or idiot at work thinks they're some sort of expert, when at the end of the day it's stupid horses who might not just feel like running. I don't know whether I want the favourite to win or lose. If the favourite wins, the bookies make a ton of money, but if he loses, said vacuous celebrities make money. Neither of those outcomes pleases me.

The AFL need to increase the length of their season to the end of October and the first cricket test needs to start at the beginning of November so we can squeeze horse racing.

I think I might go to the driving range around 2pm.

/end rant.

trinest

Gazunta said:
People still use Foxtel? oh well.

Mar

legend166 said:
Am I the only one that does not care about the Melbourne Cup in the slightest?

I hate it. Especially the Melbourne Cup, because it's a handicap race. What's the damn point?

I also think women dressing up in giant hats is hilarious. No idea how that idea took off.

Mar said:
I hate it. Especially the Melbourne Cup, because it's a handicap race. What's the damn point?

I also think women dressing up in giant hats is hilarious. No idea how that idea took off.

Fascinators, hats, nice dresses and shoes, or suits, ties and awesome shirts do not make someone classy.

The day off is fantastic though.

Off to get a coffee.

Agyar

fappenmeister said:
Fascinators, hats, nice dresses and shoes, or suits, ties and awesome shirts do not make someone classy.

Off to get a coffee.

I wish we had a public holiday for Stupid Gambling day.

Choc

Banned
Victorians like the Melbourne Cup as they get a day off

I have foxtel for the english premier league, nothing more.

Deeku

fappenmeister said:

Off to get a coffee.
Yeah, the thing I hate is that people that go to horse races think they are more sophisticated for some reason. But then you see all the women walking with their heels off on the street totally wasted.

Only seems to be like that here though. I've been to races in hong kong a few times and it's serious business.

legend166 said:
The AFL need to increase the length of their season to the end of October
Fuck no. I wish AFL would just die already.

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, the thing I hate is that people that go to horse races think they are more sophisticated for some reason. But then you see all the women walking with their heels off on the street totally wasted.

Only seems to be like that here though. I've been to races in hong kong a few times and it's serious business.
You can always tell the ones going who don't regularly go. They try to get all dressed up but 1) miss the point and wear mismatched expensive clothes and 2) are totally wasted by the end of the day.

But hey, the best thing about the Spring Racing Carnival is all the chicks dressed in either the slutty outfits or the nice sundresses. A nice perv either way.

Stackboy

Rahk said:
I think I might already have you on my list (Rakula). Can't play tonight though. I only play drums and it's a bit late. But if you see me online any other time feel free to invite me to a game.

I'll be online Thursday night if you are keen.

So happy Conan is coming back. Still going to hang onto Foxtel for the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom