• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

evlcookie said:
Quick Mar. Apple has dropped the price on mac mini's and imacs. Good time to upgrade!!

Looks like it's around $100 or so. Maybe they will do the same for the macbook range. Time will tell.

I don't think 100 dollars was the game breaker man :lol

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Leave McWhirters by the McDonalds exit. Keep walking up towards the Bank Vault (lordy, do I miss when they did good pizza) and keep walking in that direction. You'll eventually get to the Judith Wright Center. It's just beyond that. You'll be able to notice the familiar sight
and smell
of fellow geeks lining up to get in. :)

You already know how to find it.

steve_jobs_iphone.jpg

MrSerrels

Will buy the All-Stars disc, mainly for the booklet.

DKCR looks amazing.

Also pre-emptively, HES seems to know absolutely nothing about Aussie Squier Strats for RB3 right now. The only guy who might know is off sick and uncontactable.

The vibe I'm getting is that they simply can't keep up with demand right now, even for the keyboards, let alone the regular Pro guitars. And have exclusive deals in place with (probably) JB and EB for new stock.

Not enough for me to put up a story, will prob wait until tomorrow when I have more info, but thought I'd let you guys know.

Probably best to import to be honest.

^^

I'm checking this thread and the US election thread periodically and then for only a minute at a time.

remz said:
I just don't really get why distibution for RB is so fucked up in australia. :S
Our market is about the size of one US state spread out over the area of the entire US. We're like an afterthought for the publishers.

Which is why I import.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The disk actually looks nice in person, the content on it isn't overly amazing but as a whole the collection is good for 'collecting'. I wouldn't say buy it if you want to play those games.,

trinest

So its basiclly a handfull of retro Mario Games, a DVD with random sounds and other boring stuff and whats that white thing? an Art book?

I might consider it.

Bernbaum

C'mon, that All-Star set is a must-buy. I've got the originals on VC, but I'm all over this.

I'm on my iPhone so I can't post pics, but I gots one of them Club Nintendo SuperFamicon classic controls for Wii - gonna get my Nostalgia on!

rass

I want a sexy red Wii for Christmas, c'mon Santa! I need to play SMG2. And NSMB. And A Boy and His Blob. Probably others too.

rass

Bernbaum said:
de Blob 2 will be great. Not enough buzz around that game.
I didn't even know a sequel was coming? Not that I follow wii games (or any games really). I quite enjoyed the first.

Shaneus

Oh FYI, I was looking at getting the keytar from the US, the game (probably) from the UK/AU. Looks like I'll be paying US retail for the keytar, which blows, but better than paying AU retail.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
A review already? Surely they've broken some kind of embargo here. I guess everyone's allowed to post theirs now?

I'm guessing it was one of those early exclusive reviews and since it's such a high score they want it out there.

Maybe choc can clarify.

Axiom

Can anyone even see the option for Foxtel on the video marketplace? I signed up, but I'm outside of the service area but they don't know that...surely the Xbox itself couldn't know that could it.

My plan foiled if so!

Mar

evlcookie said:
I'm guessing it was one of those early exclusive reviews and since it's such a high score they want it out there.

Maybe choc can clarify.

This is what I suspect. I reckon they've picked a high review score to allow through to try and counteract the negative demo impressions.

Deeku

Day 1 for mario. Wish I had the stars for a t-shirt though. I feel like a fool for buying those mario towels back when club nintendo au started.

Agyar

Mar said:
This is what I suspect. I reckon they've picked a high review score to allow through to try and counteract the negative demo impressions.

I haven't played the demo yet, is it not being received well? If so, that is disappointing.

legend166

The first de Blob was a great game, with one major flaw - the save system was atrocious. Luckily I got it at a time where I had heaps of time to play video games so it didn't matter as much to me.

VOOK

legend166 said:
The first de Blob was a great game, with one major flaw - the save system was atrocious. Luckily I got it at a time where I had heaps of time to play video games so it didn't matter as much to me.

Wrong, flick to jump.

Why For?

Banned
Axiom said:
Can anyone even see the option for Foxtel on the video marketplace? I signed up, but I'm outside of the service area but they don't know that...surely the Xbox itself couldn't know that could it.

My plan foiled if so!

I can see it.

Went to check it out, but my sign in errored out and it told me I needed to link the account.

CBF.

Axiom

Why For? said:
I can see it.

Went to check it out, but my sign in errored out and it told me I needed to link the account.

CBF.
Perhaps I have been restricted due to my area code then...well that was a waste of $20. A fool and his money however.

Bernbaum

VOOK said:
Wrong, flick to jump.
Correct. However, all is now fixed. Not sure if it renders the original redundant, but that fundamental change makes it such a better game. Level design is much cleverer too.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Agyar said:
I haven't played the demo yet, is it not being received well? If so, that is disappointing.

Pretty much. Even on that review link, there's a lot of negative comments about the demo. Same with the demo thread here on gaf. It's really a shame.

Choc

Banned
C&VG is associated with a magazine publisher in the UK

so they are under the magazine embargo not web

EDGE has the same advantage

used to piss me right off as a web dude a while ago. Its ridiculous in my opinion.

also what teh fuck, did activision only bring the bundle goldeneye in ? i cant find it without the controller :|

VOOK

The magazine/online embargo thing is complete bullshit too, another Australian site used to do it - but they're not longer around anymore ;)

Choc, Goldeneye without the controller has been delayed possibly deliberately but the silence from Activision just proves it.

They returned absolutely 0 emails from me about the game.

Axiom

It was a dumb move on my part, but the concept of cheap PayTV was so tempting.

I figured sure they all HAVE to say they don't want my money, but secretly they really want my money so they wouldn't go to THAT much effort.

This has been a bad month for giving video game companies my money, maybe I should start buying food instead of Rock Band songs

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Axiom said:
It was a dumb move on my part, but the concept of cheap PayTV was so tempting.

I figured sure they all HAVE to say they don't want my money, but secretly they really want my money so they wouldn't go to THAT much effort.

This has been a bad month for giving video game companies my money, maybe I should start buying food instead of Rock Band songs
Have you tried using a different live account?

Make one and set the address as your Aunts address.

I'm also in an Austar area, and would like to know if this works.

trinest said:
Good thing I have a Mozart ;)
How are you finding it? Tempted to get one, but having a hard time justifying it since my current phone is about 6 months old.

Gazunta

When's the release day for de Blob 2? I want that game very very much. One of the few games I've completed in the last few years.

Also, I have about four hours to kill in the Valley before the meetup. CBF driving home and back up again. Suggestions, folks?

Clipper

Yeah, I'll be getting the Super Mario All Stars too, even though I already have a Japanese Super Mario Collection on its way over from Japan. Now I can play in English and keep the Japanese one unopened as a sweet collectible. Nice...

What I find very promising is that the game is priced competitively against the US version. $29.99US without tax compared to $39.99AU including tax is what I would expect to pay. And we get it 10 days earlier than the US to boot. This is what you need to keep doing to get me to buy local again, Nintendo Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom