• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Rahk said:
EB seems to be the only choice if you want it retail.

Online, just try the usual places and wait a week or two. Zavvi, ozgameshop.

Also, add me on Live if you want to play some time. GT: Rakula.

RB3 is available in plentiful amounts at my local JB. Perhaps there too. I don't think price is much different though, for some reason. =/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Get excited AUSGAF.

http://www.gomtv.net/ <-- Boxer vs nada :)

wooo.

(watch some pro sc2! pop by the steam chat which will no doubt be filled with me, orbi, aon, hamchan, evl and others going "HOLY SHIT"
"OMG"
"MACRO" )

Shaneus

legend166 said:
I wore my Conando t-shirt the other day. It was great.
For the airing of the show, I shall wear either my Year 3000 or TTS shirt, professionally (but not officially) made I'm With Coco (like the one Slash wore on Leno, it was for a costume damnit) button, drink a drink out of my TTS tumbler and do a few Jagermeister shots out of my Late Night shot glass. :lol

Tempted to get that Cafepress Conando top... looks unreal.

PS. Anyone know if the US RB3 for 360 will work here, even with our DLC? Just thinking that while I put in my Amazon order (getting the keytar and portable drums) I might as well get that too if it works.

Edit: Found it, according to Play-Asia it will work. Not sure on DLC which is a bit of a worry, but whatever.

Axiom

I had a NTSC Rock Band 2 for PS3 and I bought My Sharona as test DLC back in the day on the PAL store and it never worked on my copy.

From a US PSN ID, I cannot access any Rock Band store content on my PAL copy, nor can I access any of the free songs from the US store on my copy

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh nothing, Packed to the Rafters just TORE MY HEART OUT

Ventron

Rez said:

Oh yeah, I read about that in this morning's paper. They put Mel as 5-1 odds of dying, and mentioned a seafood allergy of some sort...

They put Ted at 50-1 because the actor works at Channel 9 :lol

Axiom

The worst purchase I ever made was PlayTV, because now my PS3 is primarily used to tape Home & Away, The X-Factor and Packed to the Rafter's.

I want to play Rock Band dammit.

BSS

Shaneus said:
Edit: Found it, according to Play-Asia it will work. Not sure on DLC which is a bit of a worry, but whatever.

I used to buy RB DLC with my American live account to play on the UK PAL disc on my AU system back when it wasn't available here.

Shaneus

Rezbit said:
:lol

Man I hate that show, but kudos to it for killing off a main character. About due.
Which one?

PS. They should do that x10 with Neighbours. EVERYONE on that show is annoying. Thank fuck ABC2 started showing Scrapheap Challenge.

Clipper

Axiom said:
The worst purchase I ever made was PlayTV, because now my PS3 is primarily used to tape Home & Away, The X-Factor and Packed to the Rafter's.

I want to play Rock Band dammit.
Uh... you can still play games while recording stuff in the background, so what's the problem?

Bernbaum

Okay, creative juices, start flowing...

2jdm2p4.jpg

Omikron

Rez said:

Should have been watching the doco on the ABC on the Mumbai Slums.

That shit was.. sad? inspiring? Unable to put it into enough words, just watch it.

(both episodes available on iView fwiw)

Shaneus

Shit, so neither the keyboard nor portable drum kit can be shipped to two of the addresses I selected in Amazon. How did everyone else get the keyboard shipped here?

PS. "Slight problem" my arse, Amazon. You're saying you can't ship the fucking goods to me. Bit more than "slight", fucksticks.

Bernbaum

I'm coming up blank with cocktail names, but they should name their barstaff 'dedicated servers'.

Think of the marketing opportunities - The Mana Bar, where there's always dedicated servers!

Haiyo!

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
I'm coming up blank with cocktail names, but they should name their barstaff 'dedicated servers'.

Think of the marketing opportunities - The Mana Bar, where there's always dedicated servers!

Haiyo!
:lol

The only thing that will go down... is your inhibitions!

So... getting a keytar from Amazon, saying they won't deliver to any of the addresses I have tried. Anyone?

Mar

MrSerrels said:
Oh my god. Getting information about the Aussie release of the Squier Strats is like getting blood out of a stone.

For our sake, please keep trying. Your blood sweat and tears will not go unjustified!

Shaneus

jambo said:
Try going to the New & Used section for the product to find alternative sellers that may shop intl
Yeah, had a look but the ones that were cheaper than US retail weren't shipping to AU. I suspect Amazon *might*, but they're selling @ $90US.

Mar

Agyar said:
So are we still on for BrisGAF GAF Harder the Return of the GAF Rising tonight?

On that subject. Has anyone got news about the Sydney Mana Bar? I tried asking via the Mana Bar twitter thingy but never received a reply.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Quick Mar. Apple has dropped the price on mac mini's and imacs. Good time to upgrade!!

Looks like it's around $100 or so. Maybe they will do the same for the macbook range. Time will tell.

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
So are we still on for BrisGAF GAF Harder the Return of the GAF Rising tonight?
Yup, BrisGAF - the Reckoning: Origins is still on.

Looks like about six people in total, so quieter than last time but it should be fun.

Bernbaum said:
Yup, BrisGAF - the Reckoning: Origins is still on.

Looks like about six people in total, so quieter than last time but it should be fun.
Sweet!

By the way, I've never been there, but what's it near? How would I get to it from (say) McWhirters?

Gazunta

Leave McWhirters by the McDonalds exit. Keep walking up towards the Bank Vault (lordy, do I miss when they did good pizza) and keep walking in that direction. You'll eventually get to the Judith Wright Center. It's just beyond that. You'll be able to notice the familiar sight
and smell
of fellow geeks lining up to get in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom