• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diet drinks are shit, and you should all feel bad for liking them.

These days I just stick to nice healthy drinks anyway... like copious amounts of beer!

jambo

When I first tried it I didn't care much either way, but after about 12 months I preferred the taste.

Will be interesting to see how the new one tastes.

That's really not a bad price. And if what I've skimmed is right, in that it's 100% compatible with XBO titles and all current XBO BC 360 titles, partnering that with a PS4 should be perfection.

Guess I'd better start saving!
Scorpio will be similar to the Pro, mid cycle update that will play all the original stuff. Remember, they are doing the same '4K gaming' thing so they won't be pushing better graphics, more native 4K compared to checkerboard 4K on the Pro.

Sounds like it'll be $399 in the US (same price as PS4 Pro).

You all should be drinking Pepsi Max Vanilla anyway. Godly stuff.

Fucking this.

I drink like a litre a day. Got me off sugar drinks. Now on fake sugar drinks!

hirokazu

AUD$549-599, they usually pickup an "extra shipping to Australia tax".
$399 is about AU$530, plus tax comes to $583. I don't really see them adding that much markup on electronics these days, maybe $20-30.

You gotta get used to the reality that this is the equivalent price under the current exchange rates plus tax.

quabba

Buying​ both Horizon and Uncharted 4 two in Target sale is proving difficult. No stores near me have both games in stock and UC is not available online to deliver or click and collect. Going to end up driving all over since both stores I need are in opposite directions from home...

Diet drinks are shit, and you should all feel bad for liking them.

These days I just stick to nice healthy drinks anyway... like copious amounts of beer!
I drink it because I have a family history of diabetes and I want to enjoy the taste of soft drink every once in a while without worrying that I'm going to lose a limb someday. Normally I just stick to water.

I drink it because I have a family history of diabetes and I want to enjoy the taste of soft drink every once in a while without worrying that I'm going to lose a limb someday. Normally I just stick to water.

Well, now I look like an arsehole!
I already looked like an arsehole

I enjoy the occasional soft drink as well, but I find myself being less attracted to sweet drinks as I get older.

Buying​ both Horizon and Uncharted 4 two in Target sale is proving difficult. No stores near me have both games in stock and UC is not available online to deliver or click and collect. Going to end up driving all over since both stores I need are in opposite directions from home...
Our one hasn't even got Wipeout yet :/

Store looks really barren in the games section now. Almost gone.

Anyone else having issues buying ps plus? I'm trying to top up on 12 months but says it's unavailable.
Is that off an in-store card, or just bought online on the PlayStation Store?

Our one hasn't even got Wipeout yet :/

Store looks really barren in the games section now. Almost gone.
My local had about 40 copies of Wildlands, but none of Horizon. I got a DualShock 4 there for $58, but ended up going to JB for Horizon ($39) and 12 months of PS+ ($48.95).

I have about $100 in my ps wallet, can't seem to renew my plus on the web store or on my console. Will speak to Sony tomorrow to sort it out, seems pretty weird and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

I have about $100 in my ps wallet, can't seem to renew my plus on the web store or on my console. Will speak to Sony tomorrow to sort it out, seems pretty weird and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.
Are you connected to a VPN while you're trying to buy off of the store?

Rezbit

12 months isnt there on mine either, but theyve still got the 12 months with Battlefront thing for $70 - maybe a problem with them switching over to the sale deal??

Are you connected to a VPN while you're trying to buy off of the store?
Nope just got it sorted, apparently if you dont have a payment method saved on your psn you're not allowed to buy ps plus from the store even if you have money in your wallet. Pretty stupid considering the whole point of psn cards is not to save credit card details since everyone seems to get hacked.

So Take away from EA play was that battlefront 2 DLC is all Free and it dosnt look to bad overall i guess ...

on a Side not looking for a working popcultcha coupon ?- none of the old ones iv seen seem to work

Jintor

do any of you have any hot mental tricks for not fucking spending money on soda all the fucking time

i was so good in japan but back here i keep wrecking myself

do any of you have any hot mental tricks for not fucking spending money on soda all the fucking time

i was so good in japan but back here i keep wrecking myself

Drink cheaper soda

(sorry, I'm on like a litre a day of Vanilla Pepsi Max, at least it's only $2 for 2 litres)

Quasar

Well...the ea thing was boring aside from the prison game. Curious to see if Anthem is just bioware destiny.

XboneS drop to US199. Wonder if Pachter will be right. Scorpio 399 and Sony responding by making PS4Pro 249.

Quasar

Thanks! Odd no one made a thread (oh it was 12 hours ago, might've been buried, still this is pretty big news IMO)

Yeah it's 'limited time only' just like Sony have the PS4 cheap for E3 too.

I thought it might be till the Scorpio releases. Though I hope its permanent and indicative of the scorpio price.

I guess the 'summers coming' line means just for summer.

I really hope MS take note of the positive buzz for a 399 Scorpio but I doubt whether they have the resolve to price it that competitively. I hope I'm wrong because I hope to get one at launch.

The added wrinkle is that US 399 will mean a 399 pounds price and even bigger bump for Aussie dollar price of closer to 600 bucks.

I really hope MS take note of the positive buzz for a 399 Scorpio but I doubt whether they have the resolve to price it that competitively. I hope I'm wrong because I hope to get one at launch.

The added wrinkle is that US 399 will mean a 399 pounds price and even bigger bump for Aussie dollar price of closer to 600 bucks.

It's almost confirmed to be 399 as their marketing has hinted at those numbers. Would be odd to talk about 399 but not actually have anything be that number! October launch too if I remember correctly.

EDIT : This is what they linked to
DBul-LTWsAApwHp.jpg:large

October 13 release date.

Quasar

Anyone know what this story on 60 minutes in regards to eSports is about?

Corruption in eSports?

The Website Press Start says:

http://press-start.com.au/news/2017...e-story-aussie-twitch-streamers-esports-week/

60 Minutes Australia will this week run a segment about Australian Esports teams as well as Australian Twitch streamers. It's clear that the segment will put a spotlight on the highs and lows of the gaming industry.

More prominently featured in the short preview are Aussie streamers Loserfruit and xMinks as well as a spotlight on the recent IEM Sydney event.

So uh.... That XBOX pricing huh, guess I'm not the only one who thinks 650 is an absurd price?

Also XBOX one X is so dumb as a name like I can't get over that either.

Shaneus

So uh.... That XBOX pricing huh, guess I'm not the only one who thinks 650 is an absurd price?

Yeah, that pricing... It's either sold me on a One S, or a new GPU.

Really thought it would be more than just a PS4 Pro equivalent for Xbox One, but it isn't at all :/

senahorse

I don't think the price is that bad, it's going to compete with a mid-high end gaming PC, and if you don't have a gaming PC and want all that 4K goodness it's a more affordable way in.

Quasar

Yeah. That pre-tax is US445. We're actually paying less than the US.

As for X....I'm fine with it. I did expect a letter given we already have the S.

I just find the software library continues to be weak, especially with the resurgence of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom