• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

Probably meth. I remember reading that there was a trend with real meth producers putting blue dyes in their products for the Breaking Bad cache.

I'm going to assume that the numbness you felt wasn't really the "dentist numb" numbness and more of the "I'm not going to remember the next 48 hours" numb.

Kinda like a coke numbness, but I only had a real small dab since I didn't know what it was.

be honest, Darren. You tried this a week ago and haven't slept since

I'm off my fucking tits!!

(I've been drinking)

Kinda like a coke numbness, but I only had a real small dab since I didn't know what it was.

I'm off my fucking tits!!

(I've been drinking)
Probably meth, then.

Congrats on the free Schedule 8 drug, dude. Sell it to the local school kids for max profits.

PS-that is the dodgiest packaging I've ever seen. Greaseproof paper and staples? Dear dealers, buy some fucking snappies and start acting like goddamn professionals.

Darren870

Probably meth, then.

Congrats on the free Schedule 8 drug, dude. Sell it to the local school kids for max profits.

PS-that is the dodgiest packaging I've ever seen. Greaseproof paper and staples? Dear dealers, buy some fucking snappies and start acting like goddamn professionals.

It was in found in a child's Superman pencil Case. With a 15 year olds student ID.

Seriously....

Hey. Hey. Hey! I'm not a cop and you don't have to practice your cover story on me, mate.

I do admire you wanting to workshop it before you have to say it to a judge, though.

dity

Going into Sydney tomorrow to go Pokemon hunting. Bought a 12,000mAh power bank in preparation.

Also, been playing a ton of Overwatch. And little snippets of #FE every so often, too.

N0VAM0D

Soma is shittily boring. I may come back to it, but now on to Mirror's Edge.

Also, Stanger Things. Wow

Damn, that's a shame to hear about SOMA, because it's currently sitting in my cart on PSN. Still can't decide whether to just get it or not. What made it boring?

Damn, that's a shame to hear about SOMA, because it's currently sitting in my cart on PSN. Still can't decide whether to just get it or not. What made it boring?
I was just in the wrong mood to play it. I'll try again later. It's also pretty cheap on PSN so you're not out by much if you don't love it.

It was in found in a child's Superman pencil Case. With a 15 year olds student ID.

Seriously....

You could use the ID to make lines with the rest, it's a sign.

Or you could flush it down the toilet, either or.

Going into Sydney tomorrow to go Pokemon hunting. Bought a 12,000mAh power bank in preparation.

Also, been playing a ton of Overwatch. And little snippets of #FE every so often, too.

So many poke stops.

Do you really want meth sitting in your bin?

Flush it or snort it. Don't throw it away. It's disrespectful to the artisanal crafting and care that went into creating it as well as to the lower digestive track that brought it into the country. I mean, really dude.

It's disrespectful to the artisanal crafting and care that went into creating it as well as to the lower digestive track that brought it into the country.
Well said. If we don't support the local bespoke narcotics community, those are jobs that could lost overseas forever, not to mention the flow on effects that would be felt in the leased luxury car, trackpant, and tattoo parlour sectors. Jobs and growth.

Looks like I missed out on the Vita, which is a shame. I came back at around 4pm and they had already closed. They don't open on Sundays and we're heading home today, so that's that.

I have the scent in my nostrils now, so I'll be on the hunt.

Well said. If we don't support the local bespoke narcotics community, those are jobs that could lost overseas forever, not to mention the flow on effects that would be felt in the leased luxury car, trackpant, and tattoo parlour sectors. Jobs and growth.

You forgot bumbags and jewellery but I'll allow it.

Looks like I missed out on the Vita, which is a shame. I came back at around 4pm and they had already closed. They don't open on Sundays and we're heading home today, so that's that.

I have the scent in my nostrils now, so I'll be on the hunt.

eBay has a lot of good deals on Vita's, but I got pretty lucky and snagged a 2000 model from a random pawn shop pretty cheap.

let's bring these two conversation threads together.

The twist is the blue stuff in Darren's bag was a Vita that has been put in a Blendtec.

let's bring these two conversation threads together.

The twist is the blue stuff in Darren's bag was a Vita that has been put in a Blendtec.
So you're saying that the Vita wasn't *just* an expensive boondoggle for Sony, but rather a hugely elaborate meth smuggling operation? It explains everything. Vita means life, after all.

I pulled the trigger on a used Vita on ebay, but it doesn't come with a memory card. Anyone know where I might acquire one for cheap?

So you're saying that the Vita wasn't *just* an expensive boondoggle for Sony, but rather a hugely elaborate meth smuggling operation? It explains everything. Vita means life, after all.

I pulled the trigger on a used Vita on ebay, but it doesn't come with a memory card. Anyone know where I might acquire one for cheap?

let's just say, Sony made the Vita. Sony made also Breaking Bad. Ergo, It doesn't take a chemisty teacher to work out that Sony is the world's biggest Meth dealer.
check out gaming side for proof ;)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Any Sydney-ians have any recommendations on things to do in Sydney?

Gazunta

Selling cars. Talk to me about what's required to do this. I really just want to get rid of one of our old cars quickly and without much hassle.

In other news, there was a Video Game market sale at Stones Corner yesterday and OMG people who pay lots of money for old video games...are quite happy paying LOTS of money for old video games :O

Nobody has any advice as to where to find a Vita memory card?

Selling cars. Talk to me about what's required to do this. I really just want to get rid of one of our old cars quickly and without much hassle.

In other news, there was a Video Game market sale at Stones Corner yesterday and OMG people who pay lots of money for old video games...are quite happy paying LOTS of money for old video games :O
Get a roadworthy and the registration transfer paperwork ready from QLD roads ahead of time.

Then go to carsales.com.au

If you cannot be bothered with any of that, you can always forgo 30% of the value of your vehicle and just go to a used car dealership.

N0VAM0D

Any Sydney-ians have any recommendations on things to do in Sydney?

Not from Sydney, though I did live there for a bit over a year quite recently, and still go there regularly! I'm heading there this arvo to see The Cure actually, can't fucking wait!

I made a post which I think is a page back about heaps of cool places to eat in Syddo, so that's a good start. I also mentioned an arcade in my post, which is very fun (especially when you're drinking), and a number of bars which I reckon are great.

As for actual activities, shopping is an obvious one, there's plenty of that in Sydney. If you're in the CBD, Red Eye Records is pretty cool if you're into physical music, and if you like books and cool little trinkets, Kinokuniya is a must. In general, The Galleries have a bunch of really nice shops and places to eat, and it's a great alternative to the chaos of Pitt Street Mall. Head to Oxford Street in Paddington or to the Bondi Beach area if you're interested in a dose of boutique shopping.

Sightseeing is another obvious activity, but it can be exciting for sure! If you haven't seen them in person, I'd suggest walking through The Domain/Botanical Gardens and check out the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. It's a fantastic view, too! When I lived there I lived very close to a path that took me all the way around the harbour and into the city, and I never once got sick of it. It's definitely a must. You've also got Hyde Park with the cathedral, fountain, and ANZAC memorial. It's lush and wonderful to hang around. Heading up the the Centre Point Tower and checking out the city from high above is another sight to suss out.

You've also got Luna Park if you're interested in that sort of thing, and there's currently a really fantastic Frida Kahlo and Diego Riviera exhibition on at the Art Gallery of NSW. There's Mizuya and Goros for karaoke, and there's pretty much always a gig on at the Oxford Art Factory or the Brighton Up Bar on Oxford Street in Darlinghurst. You'll find heaps of cool places in the Surry Hills/Darlinghurst area in general, honestly. Umm, what else? There's HEAPS of beautiful coastal walks (Bondi to Coogee especially), and you'll never get bored if you just wander around. Do yourself a favour and explore Newtown, too! There's so much to discover that I haven't even touched on.

Sydney is such a fantastic place if you're visiting, make the most of it! Living there is a whole other matter though, hahah.

so you've got a pristine empty mancave now? If its basically junk or you're not really expecting much: Webuyanycars

I've been kind of enjoying new Mirror's Edge. It's not perfect and seems to be based too much around race against the clock side missions (I dislike racing i games). The combat is waaaaaay better than the first game. Hopefully, this will tie me over until No man sky lobs.

Gazunta

Get a roadworthy and the registration transfer paperwork ready from QLD roads ahead of time.

Then go to carsales.com.au

If you cannot be bothered with any of that, you can always forgo 30% of the value of your vehicle and just go to a used car dealership.

Going to a used car dealership sounds like the way to go then. Really cannot be arsed going through the sales process and just want it gone. Thanks!

Ring around eb games as they sometimes have preowned ones fairly cheap. I picked up a 8gb (I think) a while back for a decent price.

That's solid advice. I will have a look.

I remember that SuperUFO was a cheap way to get memory cards back in the day but I'm honestly not sure how that stacks up anymore, what with the AUD dropping against the US. It's worth taking a look and doing the maths to see if it's worth your time.

$112 AUD for a 64GB card ($1.74/GB), $72 for 32 GB ($2.25/GB) and $44 for 16GB ($2.75/GB)... Yikes. Sony really wanted to extract every penny they could from their customers, didn't they?

$112 AUD for a 64GB card ($1.74/GB), $72 for 32 GB ($2.25/GB) and $44 for 16GB ($2.75/GB)... Yikes. Sony really wanted to extract every penny they could from their customers, didn't they?
Having a quick look on eBay, the 32gb cards are going for ~$100, so I guess the prices are still good*.

*Good by comparison. Not good in a "wow, what a great value proposition, Sony!!"

Having a quick look on eBay, the 32gb cards are going for ~$100, so I guess the prices are still good*.

*Good by comparison. Not good in a "wow, what a great value proposition, Sony!!"
I may need to do some rummaging at local pawn shops. The one on the Gold Coast had a 16GB card going for only $20.

I'm also torn between hacking the Vita and transferring all my homebrew or just going legit and updating like a good boy. Hacking on the Vita looks like a pain and all of my PSP games are physical copies on UMD (loaded as backups on the memstick of course). I am about a quarter of the way into a Tactics Ogre playthrough and I don't really want to have to start over (or worse, be forced to rebuy the game on PSN).

Deeku

So Pokemon Go, it came out here today. And since Hong Kong is such a densely packed concrete jungle nightmare, the "seeing everyone playing it" thing is like that times a million here. Walking home today required extra weaving through people that decided to stop walking to catch shit lol!

I dunno, it's neat I guess. I took a picture of a pidgey standing on my desk.

Thursday ish
Looks like N0VAM0D has you well and truly covered.

It's less appealing in Winter, but Sydney's most unique feature is its harbour so it's still worth getting out there if you can: the ferry across to Manly is a good choice in Summer (Manly has a nice beach), but there are other ferry destinations too (maybe Watson's Bay for a bite to eat, or over to Taronga Zoo).

Consider checking out the IMAX at Darling Harbour, which is the largest rectangular screen in the world; they show action movies on it, but they're just too much to process, so I'd recommend going for a 'slower' sort of experience, and sit as far towards the back as you can. There are plenty of places to eat in that area (Darling Harbour/King St wharf) too. It's only a short walk from there to Haymarket as well, which is Sydney's Chinatown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom