• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo VKS, you have PS+?

CivRev2+ & XCOM+ for Vita are currently on sale, $12 each. A great exclusive called Severed is on sale too for $15.
Uh... No. I don't have PS+. My PS3 stopped working last year and I replaced it with a Samsung Blu Ray player because it was cheaper than both repairing or replacing the PS3.

I am still agonising over whether to hack the Vita so I can use it as an upgraded PSP or using it the way Sony intended. So far though, looking through Vita documentation, it's not terribly appealing to hack.

I also don't know how to decouple the Vita from its previous master's PSN account. I spent about an hour going through his data and have learned that the man was:

1) An irresponsible parent
2) A hip hop fan
3) The kind of person who photographs personal documents using a portable game console AND lacks the foresight to delete his personal info when selling the device.
4) 420 friendly (unrelated to 1)

He appears to have been sucked in by the console experience on the go marketing, then lost interest when the Vita became a weeaboo machine. I need to delete all trace of his existence from my device both for his sake and for mine.

Also, Iggy Azalea makes some terrible music. My goodness.

TL;DR - I'm just not ready, oh mighty bargain octopus.

dity

I still have all my wisdom teeth. They seem to be growing in fine, aside from teething pain every 6 months or so.

if they share their highly objectionable opinions only between the two of them in their private sanctuaries then all power to them
spouting them on national tv makes their opinions appear less unacceptable tho

Why? It is no less right than a differing one despite being horrible to a section of people on something baseless. I dunno.

In better news, We Happy Few is a pretty good game innit even if it's not done

Paasei

Why? It is no less right than a differing one despite being horrible to a section of people on something baseless. I dunno.

In better news, We Happy Few is a pretty good game innit even if it's not done

Didn't even know it was already available, even in an alpha/beta state (?)
The trailer at E3 made me interested in it.

dity

I'm definitely getting We Happy Few via Early Access after I next get paid. It looka super fun. Like a hiding in plain sight game.

Fredescu

Being horrible to a section of people contributes to those people experiencing harassment, threats and violence. This is magnified by the culture of fear that the opinion is being expressed in, and the desire of the media to stoke that fear to sell itself. Yes, by itself, someone being ignorant of history and the realities of immigration is harmless. In context, it is capable of real harm. It's easy to say "who cares" when you're not the one experiencing harassment for your looks or your clothes.

Gazunta

Damnit Rep now I have X-Com and Civ Rev 2 on my Vita and if my next comic is late it's YOUR FAULT

Currently trying to find excuses to play X-Com instead of drawing

Damnit Rep now I have X-Com and Civ Rev 2 on my Vita and if my next comic is late it's YOUR FAULT

Currently trying to find excuses to play X-Com instead of drawing

I've only got 2 more days of soul crushing work until I can dig into the both of themmmm asduigfnoadnfg

Being horrible to a section of people contributes to those people experiencing harassment, threats and violence. This is magnified by the culture of fear that the opinion is being expressed in, and the desire of the media to stoke that fear to sell itself. Yes, by itself, someone being ignorant of history and the realities of immigration is harmless. In context, it is capable of real harm. It's easy to say "who cares" when you're not the one experiencing harassment for your looks or your clothes.

You know what, you're right. Ive experienced a bit of harassment because of my background but nothing to the level of many of these people.

Cerity

Looks like Aldi have a few airfix kits on sale. So tempted to grab a few, always wanted them as a kid but by the time I had money for them they had already started to disappear off shelves.

jambo

Looks like Aldi have a few airfix kits on sale. So tempted to grab a few, always wanted them as a kid but by the time I had money for them they had already started to disappear off shelves.

1VbaUho.jpg

I found a way to clear my Vita of any trace of its previous owner and updated it to the latest firmware. Hacking the thing just seems like too much trouble. Looks like I'll just have to stick with the good old PSP to play my UMD games.

Looking on the PSN though, the digital versions of PSP games and even a lot of Vita games (like Persona 4 Golden) are really reasonably priced at ~$15 a pop. You get the odd discrepancy, like Persona 2 and 3 portable being $45, but a lot of the others are actually pretty cheap. I know they're old systems, but being a Nintendo guy, all these games are new to me, so it's like I've traveled into the twilight zone.

Does PS+ get me better deals?

LEGO never went away though.

The colouring book stuff has been interesting. My wife has some and quite a few of her friends do too.

more they weren't things associated with Adults before quite recently.
My point was Airfix and model kits never went anywhere either. But let's make this about you ;). Lego kind of dropped off the zeitgeist in the early 90s before coming back in a big way once they started doing the licensed stuff in the late 90s. As far as Airfix, I haven't made a model kit in years but last time I did, it was incredibly relaxing thing to do. Its really cool as we got away from having to stop doing things we did as kids in the name of growing up. apart from cunts who have to go on about how they hate Pokemon. I don't care much for Pokemon but you don't see me taking out billboard campaigns and skywriters to tell the world.

going bowling tonight for the first time in many, many, many years. I'm guessing its one of those fancier ones rather than the more old-school ones.

MoonGred

more they weren't things associated with Adults before quite recently.
My point was Airfix and model kits never went anywhere either. But let's make this about you ;). Lego kind of dropped off the zeitgeist in the early 90s before coming back in a big way once they started doing the licensed stuff in the late 90s. As far as Airfix, I haven't made a model kit in years but last time I did, it was incredibly relaxing thing to do. Its really cool as we got away from having to stop doing things we did as kids in the name of growing up. apart from cunts who have to go on about how they hate Pokemon. I don't care much for Pokemon but you don't see me taking out billboard campaigns and skywriters to tell the world.

going bowling tonight for the first time in many, many, many years. I'm guessing its one of those fancier ones rather than the more old-school ones.

Fancy bowling with neon lights and paint!

Is it any good?
Yup!

Looking on the PSN though, the digital versions of PSP games and even a lot of Vita games (like Persona 4 Golden) are really reasonably priced at ~$15 a pop. You get the odd discrepancy, like Persona 2 and 3 portable being $45, but a lot of the others are actually pretty cheap. I know they're old systems, but being a Nintendo guy, all these games are new to me, so it's like I've traveled into the twilight zone.

Does PS+ get me better deals?

They go on sale a lot too.

PS+ gets you lots of sales deals. Currently a range of games are 20% off preorder for PS+.

Those 2 deals on XCOM/Civ are PS+ only as well. Free games moving forward for Vita are likely to be terrible though as they've been running them for years and recently started PSP games for one spot (Patapon 3 this month).

Funny timing, heading to Aldi tomorrow for a dog crate/portable kennel thingy-ma-bobber for our new pup...joining the family in the next couple of weeks.

Pictures will be posted

EDIT: also TGIF. I don't say that often but I'm done with this week and ready for the weekend. Too much work and kid commitments made Ozzy grumpy.

MoonGred

I really want to watch The Rock but it's not streaming anywhere, nor is it available to rent on Google Play.

I thought we solved this problem already and I could watch anything without having to leave my house!

Paasei

Are there any great/big record stores in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide? With this I mean stores that specialize in vinyl instead of CD's.

Been looking around for Alexisonfire for ages now, and seeing they'll play at Unify it might shine in some popularity again.

Card Boy

Banned
I bought;

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One - $9.69 AUD
Starcraft II 2: Legacy of the Void - $26.39 AUD
Call of Duty: Ghosts PC - $6.99 AUD

Discount -$2.15 AUD
Subtotal $40.92 AUD

All for $40.92 from Cdkeys (with -5% off code)

Dam that site is good. I already had Halo but traded my disc today at EB for $11. I couldn't be assed switching discs anymore and for $2 less i thought why not. I thought i would bite on COD for that price just for the SP.

Xbox Live is really cheap. COD Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is ridiculous at $62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom