• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lesson learnt the hard way. Started playing GTAV on 360 a few weeks ago, thought I'd upgrade to the PS4 version on the weekend (half price at EB) after reading on the box you can transfer characters and progress. Turns out that only applies to online mode, which is kind of strange.

Guess I'll have to speed through the game again. Think I was only about 10 percent in though.
Yeah SP progress is unfortunately self contained. I ended up playing through the entirety of it on both PS3 and PS4, and it's certainly not a short game, but I did have the advantage of a big break between the releases, and I spent a lot of time admiring the visual upgrades. If the early repetition gets you down then consider replaying those missions in first person (added in the PS4/XB1 versions), it makes everything feel surprisingly different.

If you ever decide to give the online portion a go then let me know, I've been playing it a lot recently. I've always been a big fan of the GTA games but deliberately ignored the online in GTA IV, and did the same with V up until the Heist update. I'm a total convert now though.

Stackboy

Actually, I'm really wanting to buy the complete edition of Civ V. Does anyone know where I can get it cheap? Even though there's a Steam sale on it all, it's still way out of my price range. Are any third party sites to be trusted with selling Steam keys? I get that a lot of it is they grey market so it's basically shady by default, but lemme know if there's any reliable places you guys know of!

Check your PM's man.

Edit: Ah dammit I just saw you bought one. Oh well.

I've played a heap of Civ V over the years but I don't own any of the DLC. I'm a bit scared if I do that'll be a rabbit hole I can't climb out of!

Did Humblebundle get hacked recently? I haven't used it in a while but I got an e-mail saying my account had been accessed by an unknown computer in Kathmandu. I changed my password instantly but someone had my e-mail and my password just for that site...

Did Humblebundle get hacked recently? I haven't used it in a while but I got an e-mail saying my account had been accessed by an unknown computer in Kathmandu. I changed my password instantly but someone had my e-mail and my password just for that site...
I got the same email yesterday, too, except the location I was given was "?, ?". I just put 2factor authorisation on the account and changed my account password. I couldn't see anything about it when I looked yesterday, but that was around 8am, I think.

Shaneus

I had mine done as well, just last night. Went through and changed my password on it to be safe, but it sounds like they were definitely hacked.

Doubtful there was some other hack that a bunch of people just happened to try passwords on the HB site for, as was seen with Teamviewer.

Nice one, thanks, staying in Glenelg. My misses is like a giddy little school girl all this week in anticipation of picking up our new puppy from Adelaide. Too cute.

I don't think I've ever eaten at a dedicated seafood joint. However Estias in Henley Square is a Greek restaurant with some good seafood. Sushi Planet in the CBD is my favourite sushi place.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I don't think I've ever eaten at a dedicated seafood joint. However Estias in Henley Square is a Greek restaurant with some good seafood. Sushi Planet in the CBD is my favourite sushi place.

Where is this sushi planet? I usually go to the sushi train in the cbd.

MoonGred

After two days of moving and unpacking furniture I can honestly say that I've had my fill of cardboard and Styrofoam. So many trips to the tip.

Card Boy

Banned
Fuck yes! I accidentally forgot to put a Buy it Now option on my ebay post and now the auction has gone beyond what i wanted to sell it for and there is 3 days left!

Stupid Mobile Gaf... I'm in Brisbane and looking for the post suggesting restaurants, search isn't finding post replies, can anyone recommend good restaurants in Brissy? Or find replies to my last post. Thanks!

The Giant

Banned
Finally got a ps4.

Man, after having Nintendo consoles for most of my life. Going from playing games instantly with the occasion little update to put a game in have a update then a bloody 30min plus 50gb install. Frustrates the hell out of me. I just wanted to play a bit of gta 5 before I went to bed.

I kept looking down at the ps4 controller to look/check the map but wrong console.

Finally got a ps4.

Man, after having Nintendo consoles for most of my life. Going from playing games instantly with the occasion little update to put a game in have a update then a bloody 30min plus 50gb install. Frustrates the hell out of me. I just wanted to play a bit of gta 5 before I went to bed.

I kept looking down at the ps4 controller to look/check the map but wrong console.
Don't forget that you can set your PS4 to download updates by itself:
System > Automatic Downloads > tick Application Update Files

That obviously doesn't help the first time you buy a new game though, those day 1 updates are here to stay unfortunately. GTA V would be one of the worst in terms of patch size too, since they've added so much stuff to GTA Online since those discs were pressed.

Finally got a ps4.

You don't need to wait for the patch to download to play unlike on X1, aside from online only *shiver* games. Disc based games install within a few seconds.

I half-watched the opening ceremony while I cleaned the couch (hadn't done it in years, that was some hard work getting it clean). The actual sports I don't care enough about to do more than casually watch if they're on.

I do find it amusing how popular beach volleyball instantly became.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It's the most dangerous Olymlic sport if you factor in cancer.

I'm attempting a Sunday arvo (uk) double bill of Star Trek: Beyond and Suicide Squad.

Star Trek Beyond: Pretty Good. Finally felt like proper Star Trek, mot characters got a few things to do. Strangely not as much fun as the last two (as in jokes were mildy amusing rather than funny)

Suicide Squad: I wasn't expecting much but I enjoyed it for all its edgelordiness (though in its favour- no dubstep or EDM at all). I only saw the extended BvS, which I liked but not loved despite its issues. This is better and feels more at home with itself. People seem to be marking it down because
they wanted more Leto
. Cast is really good but especially Smith and Robbie.

balancing that out, the Calzone I had for lunch was pretty meh.

Stackboy

I have a key for Civ5 up for grabs for whoever wants it. Just PM me.

5 day weekend starting Wednesday! Ekka holiday and then 2 days off aww yeah. Super keen for No Man's Sky, think we might do a day trip on Friday.

also for something more casual try Taro's Ramen at Ascot, probably the best ramen I have ever had, order the Fire Tonkotsu and thank me later.

On the Saturday night the wife wanted a steak so we did Kingsleys Steak & Crab house, really good steak, great atmosphere, great service. On the Sunday the wife was in the conference until 1pm so I went to Taro's ramen and had the Fire Tonkotsu for lunch! So good! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom