• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus said:
Anyone care to explain the Portal 2 ARG thread title to me? Staged... how?
As in the game didn't come out any quicker with tons of people than with only a few people. As in the game still took 3 days to come out. Lots of theories will be bandied about but until Valve come out and say what took place we won't know for sure. Basically everything before Friday was cool. Everything since was stupid. Thankfully the game sounds great.

Also someone was looking for the 360 250Gig S? GAME and JB have it for $400. Dick Smith has it for $499 with Kinect and a fitness game. Or you might be able to get it from Zavvi in the UK for $341, usually it says if it is UK only but this one looks fine?

Damn it you guys! I'd planned to make myself known when the new thread started >.< I come back the next day and its already really long =/

Anyway, I'm shanshan. I hail from Brisbane. I think I missed the meetup again...

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
As in the game didn't come out any quicker with tons of people than with only a few people. As in the game still took 3 days to come out. Lots of theories will be bandied about but until Valve come out and say what took place we won't know for sure. Basically everything before Friday was cool. Everything since was stupid. Thankfully the game sounds great.
Ah, okay. Sounds a bit shit of Valve then. Maybe they had some agreement with the console-game publishers to release it at the same time or something? I dunno. But if they used it to sell a few extra games that wouldn't have normally sold... yeah definitely a bit shit.

TBH I've never really followed any ARGs other than I Love Bees. Pretty sure that would be really fucking hard to top, too... got really caught up in that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rahk said:
Fuck you all for being able to play Portal 2 earlier than me. Who wants to be my co-op buddy on Friday evening or maybe Saturday?

Will join you if you want on friday or saturday.

I'm in no major rush to play it, Although i have no idea how co-op works. Hopefully you can save the state and do it over a few days since it's the long weekend.

shanshan310 said:
Damn it you guys! I'd planned to make myself known when the new thread started >.< I come back the next day and its already really long =/

Anyway, I'm shanshan. I hail from Brisbane. I think I missed the meetup again...
Never too late to join in, jump in the ausgaf group steamchat too as long as you don't mind Kritz spoiling Portal 2 for you
Joking, I'm sure no-one has pulled out any spoilers. Yet.

justin.au said:
Disappointment is opening a stream to watch the IPL and discovering the game doesn't start for another 24 minutes.

So sad.
Disappointment is watching the counter tick down all day on cricinfo and then forgetting to watch the damn thing. And Rajasthan got flogged! Hopefully tonights match goes better.

Also Steams Screenshot function just makes it harder to not spoil myself. Cool seeing a friend playing on PS3 in my Steam list though.

What are the chances he has a blinder?
Since he isn't playing for Australia? Pretty damn good. More money to lose if he gets dropped from IPL.

justin.au

Finchy and Warner were in cracking form the other night, so hopefully those two and Sehwag can set up a massive total for Delhi.

DC have already lost; CL White is on the team.
What are the chances he has a blinder?

edit: Delhi will be chasing, no setting up massive totals tonight :( They're bowling is pretty poor so they should at least be able to chase something decent.

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Will join you if you want on friday or saturday.

I'm in no major rush to play it, Although i have no idea how co-op works. Hopefully you can save the state and do it over a few days since it's the long weekend.
Cool cool. Might not actually be home until Saturday morning/afternoon, but feel free to play SP as the content is different, I think.

I presume it saves your progress since it's supposed to be several hours long.

WaQcL.png

HmzR8.png

LIES!
What have you done with the real ausgaf

hamchan

Took a break from portal 2 after a 3 hour session. This game is awesome.

More power to people if they buy stuff from the portal 2 hat store. I think it's kinda dumb since only one other person at a time can see the stuff you bought. Now if they start selling levels I'll be disappointed since Valve normally gives that stuff out for free but I'll still buy them like the addict I am.

Kritz said:
aaaaand done.

Like 7 hours in total.

Fantastic game.
There better not be any spoilers in this thread when I come back in the morning.

Also another successful Gazatarification!

Also damn it White, play your good cricket for us! Not for the IPL! You have left us with Clarke in charge you ahole!

Shaneus

Well, I'm currently at level 18 of the first Portal after starting from scratch. I think I've been playing for maybe... 2 hours? Enjoyed every minute, though :)

Tntnnbltn

I am apparently 2-3 weeks late to the party, but AusGAF... are you you you ready to be so excited?

Friday singer Rebecca Black coming to Australia

The teen tours just keep coming! Justin Bieber’s arriving in May, Miley Cyrus announced her first Aussie visit this June and now Youtube sensation Rebecca Black has announced she’s gonna get Down Under in July.

Only a month ago, no one knew she even existed but thanks to her viral hit Friday and a staggering 70+ million views on Youtube, the 13-year-old Californian singer is now poised to become the next tween pop star, despite a tidal wave of critical revulsion (Billboard called described the song as “straight out of Auto-Tuned hell”).

After touring US malls from April to June, her Black Friday tour will visit shopping centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. She’ll be accompanied by rapper/producer Patrice Wilson (who wrote and rapped on Friday), her tour DJ, DJ Black Out, and her Gotta Get Down dancers who perform with her on stage.

“I can’t wait to come to Australia,” Black states in the tour announcement issued by her label, Ark Music Factory. “I’ve got to write some new songs pretty quick but it’s going to be fun kicking it and partying, partying, yeah, fun, fun!!!”

“Plus someone told me that the driver’s seat is switched around down there in cars so choosing the front seat or the back seat will be even harder! Haha!”

But not everyone is thrilled by Black’s touring plans. Fellow teen star Miley Cyrus yesterday slammed the new star, telling The Daily Telegraph: “It should be harder to be an artist… You shouldn't just be able to put a song on YouTube and go out on tour."

In addition to her shopping centre shows (dates below), Black will do interviews with metro radio stations as well as “exclusive TV appearances” on Sunrise, Today, The Morning Show, Good Morning Australia, The Circle, Video Hits, Channel [V], MTV and The 7pm Project. She’ll also discuss her ‘cyber-bullying’ experience on Today Tonight, A Current Affair and Q&A and sing at the AFL and NRL Friday Night Football games.

Shopping centre dates:
Friday July 1 – Westfield Parramatta, NSW 2pm
Sunday July 3 – Westfield Fountain Gate, VIC 2pm
Tuesday July 5 – Westfield Garden City, QLD 1pm
Thursday July 7 – Westfield Tea Tree Plaza SA 1pm
Saturday July 9 – Westfield Carousel, WA 12pm

justin.au

Tntnnbltn said:
Here, I'll help you with that...

http://www.smh.com.au/execute_search.html?text=rebecca+black

You're welcome. :)
Oh God, this made me laugh heartily: "Why the internet will destroy the planet: Idiots used to be corralled in places called pubs, in which they could bore each other with their crazy opinions while drinking themselves into alcoholic dementia but now — suddenly —..."

I don't even want to read the rest of the article. That snippet is the best thing I've ever read on a news website.

Choc

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
I am apparently 2-3 weeks late to the party, but AusGAF... are you you you ready to be so excited?

she is goign to sing @ the NRL and AFL? That is fucking amazing

lol

justin.au

ARGH, I just read that she's going to discuss her "cyber-bullying experience" on TT and ACA.

URGE TO KILL, RISING, RISING...

Dead Man

justin.au said:
ARGH, I just read that she's going to discuss her "cyber-bullying experience" on TT and ACA.

URGE TO KILL, RISING, RISING...
I would much rather kill her parents who have no doubt placed her in this situation. I can't think of any 13 year old girl who would say 'No' if they were offered a chance to have a music video.

justin.au

Oh, I don't want to kill the girl. I want to kill anyone/everyone. Sometimes I read/see something that makes me want to go all Bateman up in this shit.

Dead Man

justin.au said:
Oh, I don't want to kill the girl. I want to kill anyone/everyone. Sometimes I read/see something that makes me want to go all Bateman up in this shit.
Ah, well that I can relate too!

Jintor

justin.au said:
This is relevant to my interests.

Will never buy if this is true.

This is a pretty dumb decision. You're willing to jettison a goddamn quality piece of product on the basis that Valve have provided you with the opportunity to throw money down a toilet?

On the topic of AFL games, does anyone remember this on the PC back in the day
AFLFinalsFevercover.jpg

AFLFinalsFeverback.jpg

I used to play the hell out of it, took me awhile to get the hang of it but once I did I was scoring a goal every 15 seconds or so. Heck I'm pretty sure I was even playing it with my old Joystick I used for Tie Fighter.

jambo

Oldest AFL game I have is AFL 98.

Also Portal 2 is fucking amazing. Best game I've played so far this year and it's going to take something amazing to pip it for the number 1 spot.

Can't wait to play it again and also get some co-op going.

Just amazing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Adelaide folks with an interest in the R18+ gaming debate, this is on today: The Minister for Home Affairs and Justice Brendan O’Connor is in Adelaide and has the following media engagements:

Arguing the case for the introduction of an R18+ classification for computer games in Australia, to provide better guidance for parents and remove unsuitable material from children and teenagers.

When: 10am, Wednesday 20 April 2011

Where: EB Games, Level 2, City Cross Shopping Mall, between Rundle Mall and Grenfell Streets, ADELAIDE

GET HIM. And by that i mean have a nice discussion about the benefits of an R18+ rating, AdelGaf!

Top Bottom