• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
Like every retard for the past thousand years who hears about the next big Nostradamus.
I recall newspapers posting big "OMG END OF THE WORLD/WWIII" stories on previous Nostradamus predictions as deciphered by experts. I believe they stopped after it didn't happen for a second time and experts again said they "misinterpreted" his writings.

For morons who think that a planet that's been here for billions of years will come to a sudden end... words cannot describe this stupidity. I doubt this really had to be said in this thread, we're all pretty together people.

Danoss said:
I recall newspapers posting big "OMG END OF THE WORLD/WWIII" stories on previous Nostradamus predictions as deciphered by experts. I believe they stopped after it didn't happen for a second time and experts again said they "misinterpreted" his writings.

For morons who think that a planet that's been here for billions of years will come to a sudden end... words cannot describe this stupidity. I doubt this really had to be said in this thread, we're all pretty together people.
Also doesn't the bible say the end of days will come when no-one is expecting it? So everyone going around saying the world is about to end is actually keeping us going for longer. Thanks psychos!

Bernbaum

The recently released ‘Reconfigured’ mix of the Tron Legacy soundtrack is tearing up all sorts of fuck yeah on my iPod.

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
Also doesn't the bible say the end of days will come when no-one is expecting it? So everyone going around saying the world is about to end is actually keeping us going for longer. Thanks psychos!
I'm sure it's as reliable as Back to the Future for accuracy.

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
Bern, we ended up just getting bags of nuts and fruit delivered and making our own mixed bags.
I think custom fruit and nut mix is the next level really. It’s the nutrition equivalent of going from ‘I like to play a game or two on the computer’ to ‘I think I’ll make my own computer and put lots of RAMs and VGAs in it’.

I’m looking at:

Cashews
Walnuts
Almonds
Sultanas
Raisins
Dried Apple
Dried Apricot
GTX 580
It just needs a little something else.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I like how ham has blizzard in his list
Top 10
1 Muse 3,935
2 Daft Punk 887
3 Regurgitator 611
4 Rammstein 537
5 Battles 515
6 Silverchair 498
7 Nirvana 411
8 Beck 404
9 Electric Six 401
10 The Beatles 360

top 10 songs

1 Battles – Atlas 117
2 Muse – Stockholm Syndrome 115
3 Muse – Hysteria 110
4 Muse – Time Is Running Out 106
5 Muse – Supermassive Black Hole 101
6 Muse – Uprising 96
7 Final Fantasy IX Soundtrack – Untranslated 94
8 Muse – Muscle Museum 80
9 Muse – Feeling Good 77
10 Muse – Plug In Baby 74
10 Muse – New Born 74

http://www.last.fm/user/syth_blade22

BananaArnie said:
its fun watching kritz and orbi freak out in the chat about portal unlock. also hats huh? FUCK YOU VALVE!
I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about hats. It's one of the least offence things I have seen a company do lately.

Fredescu

BananaArnie said:
its fun watching kritz and orbi freak out in the chat about portal unlock.
The ARG thread is great about now. A million people posting their decryption status and installation errors. It's pretty great. And then in the middle of it all, Legend asks "whats going on here guys?" only to see his post get swept away.

legend166

I haven't touched Team Fortress 2 since they started introducing experience/hats/different weapons, etc.

Not because of any real objection to it all, but I was a guy who would play for a few weeks, not touch it for a few months, then play a few weeks, etc. I feel like I've been left behind somehow.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
End of days will come when I finish my backlog. Still have a few years left, guys.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I find the glados@home site interesting right now, 45k users are currently playing or have decrypted portal 2. Could this be the first time we have seen some real sales figures for a valve title?

jambo

legend166 said:
I haven't touched Team Fortress 2 since they started introducing experience/hats/different weapons, etc.

Not because of any real objection to it all, but I was a guy who would play for a few weeks, not touch it for a few months, then play a few weeks, etc. I feel like I've been left behind somehow.

The drop system is pretty good these days. If you sink a few weeks in to it you should get a whole bunch of new shit in no time.

AusGAF TF2ers can also trade you shit.

evlcookie said:
I find the glados@home site interesting right now, 45k users are currently playing or have decrypted portal 2. Could this be the first time we have seen some real sales figures for a valve title?

http://www.store.steampowered.com/stats/

It's up to 53k now

Gazunta

Expect that number to shoot up like crazy over the next 6 hours as people wake up / get home etc.

I won't be playing it until at least 10pm tonight.

Oh crap I got Ankh's Gazatar to do, make that 10:30pm

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
Could this be the first time we have seen some real sales figures for a valve title?
No. It's people currently playing. You can't really extrapolate that out to a sales figure. It's way ahead of the stats page though, which is still stuck at 25k, so I guess we're getting fairly real time stats on that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ah so it's just real time current playing stats, That's a shame then.

I honestly thought it could have been potential unlocks since it went live. If it does drop at some stage then i guess it's that however if it's a running total then that could be a nice hint towards sales figures.

reptilescorpio said:
I suppose I am best at adventure games? I dunno, most games are made these days to be played to the end rather than be challenging. Aside from MP and your sport games of course.

no i think the idea is to say that in the thread thats actually asking it.

Bernbaum said:
I think custom fruit and nut mix is the next level really. It’s the nutrition equivalent of going from ‘I like to play a game or two on the computer’ to ‘I think I’ll make my own computer and put lots of RAMs and VGAs in it’.

I’m looking at:

Cashews
Walnuts
Almonds
Sultanas
Raisins
Dried Apple
Dried Apricot
GTX 580
It just needs a little something else.
I really wish I could get into dried fruit as would make getting through the day alot better, getting sick of just eating Almonds. Maybe I should give dried banana a try and see how that all goes.

So, 20 days for a delivery from Ozgameshop.

Too long?

AusPost having a 'break' from delivering mail lately, or do I have a lost parcel?
(Generally receive stuff here within 8-10 days)

Kritz

Banned
bah have to go for a driving lesson

Portal 2 is fantastic so far. Fantastic.

Actual spoiler for like 20 minutes in:
There was a fairly... non-canon reference that GLADOS will cause the events of L4D

:O

-Deadpool- said:
So, 20 days for a delivery from Ozgameshop.

Too long?
I've had stuff arrive in as little as 9 days from Ozgameshop, but as long as three weeks. As long as you expect it in three weeks, you'll always be pleasantly surprised.

evlcookie said:
yeah and they sold it at not 5 dollars so imagine all the cash they just made. that and the potato sack.

Kritz said:
Valve make quality, and nothing but.
they also made hats.... just saying,

but yeah. i think valve is getting a bit greedy thesedays. i wonder how that will turn out.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
Just saying what exactly?

Oh, that's a fair point.

Hats are absolutely void of merit and actively make everything they surround worse. Portal 2 launches with a store filled with hats. And I find that repulsive.

I don't have time to argue the point, but I am entirely correct.

Top Bottom