• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar

Rezbit said:
There's a gelati place near Piazza del Popolo that is AMAZING and has ENORMOUS scoops. Unfortunately I can't remember the name so I just have to tell you how awesome it was, and to search for it. It should be down a street near where all the Nigerians sell fake bags.

There's one near the Spanish Steps which has enormous pseudo-floral arrangements filled with icecream cones. They do great coffee - I didn't try the gelati.

I wrote a diary while I was in Rome - it has all the stuff I can't remember.

http://oxlitfest.blogspot.com/

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
11 days later is not as bad as it could have been

Of course not, but it's not good enough.

Here's the release date for Dead or Alive Dimensions, worldwide. Nintendo is distributing it here.

JP May 19, 2011
EU May 20, 2011
NA May 24, 2011
AUS May 26, 2011

They can do under a week for another publishers game but not their own Tier 1 AAA game? I call shenanigans.

Perhaps it's some contract stipulation that they have to be on the ball with a third party title.

Danoss

Jintor said:
Never understood the hate for Brussel Sprouts. They're not my favourite vegetable or anything but they're no bitterroot or goddamn freaking celery.
I don't hate brussel sprouts, they just haven't impressed me much. That said, I'd quite like to try some smaller ones like I mentioned earlier.

Also, how can you not like beetroot? Don't have the crap from a can, buy them fresh, wash and then boil them in a pot at home until soft but firm. They taste great hot or cold like that. Store them in their own water in the fridge and they'll keep for a while.

Jintor

Vooks, why we get reamed all the time from NintendoAU?

Also, how can you not like beetroot? Don't have the crap from a can, buy them fresh, wash and then boil them in a pot at home until soft but firm. They taste great hot or cold like that. Store them in their own water in the fridge and they'll keep for a while.

Not beetroot, love me some beetroot. Bitterroot. Actually I think that's a colloquial name for some chinese herb thing I detest.

Danoss

Jintor said:
Not beetroot, love me some beetroot. Bitterroot. Actually I think that's a colloquial name for some chinese herb thing I detest.
Ah, I hadn't heard of that before. I thought you were just ripping on the most Australian of vegetables in the beloved beetroot.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
Vooks, why we get reamed all the time from NintendoAU?

Despite common belief we're not getting reamed by Nintendo all the time. 100% percent of the time they're trying to do the right thing, 90% of the time it happens. Somethings are outside there control. That's why I never blame 'Nintendo Australia' for anything. NCL and NOE dictate what we get and don't get so often you wouldn't believe it.

You guys all have short memories, compared to even 2 years ago Nintendo are doing are much better job here, 2 years before that it was even worse.

VOOK said:
Of course not, but it's not good enough.

Here's the release date for Dead or Alive Dimensions, worldwide. Nintendo is distributing it here.

JP May 19, 2011
EU May 20, 2011
NA May 24, 2011
AUS May 26, 2011

They can do under a week for another publishers game but not their own Tier 1 AAA game? I call shenanigans.

Perhaps it's some contract stipulation that they have to be on the ball with a third party title.
Decision to get a US 3DS looking more and more better.

That said I'm kinda screwed for the eShop, I need to wait for Amazon or Play Asia to get the new Cash Cards in stock so I can actually buy games from the store.

Danoss said:
So, my copy of Brink from OzGameShop turned up today. Not too long after launch either, which is fine. No time to install or play, off to the footy in 15 mins. Hopefully some AusGAFfers still play it and stuff.

My copy arrived this morning. Once I got home from uni I burnt through the challenges while they were easier (since the AI gets better as you level up). Played a couple of multiplayer rounds on a single server; some objectives are just a cakewalk for defence. Also, seems that there are never enough medics, and if there are they seem to refuse to heal/res their team, so got a fair bit of experience just from keeping everyone in the battle.

Jintor

VOOK said:
Despite common belief we're not getting reamed by Nintendo all the time. 100% percent of the time they're trying to do the right thing, 90% of the time it happens. Somethings are outside there control. That's why I never blame 'Nintendo Australia' for anything. NCL and NOE dictate what we get and don't get so often you wouldn't believe it.

You guys all have short memories, compared to even 2 years ago Nintendo are doing are much better job here, 2 years before that it was even worse.

Vooks, why we get reamed all the time from NintendoEU/US?

choodi

Banned
VOOK said:

The further back you go, the worse it gets.

As a long time Nintendo fan, Nintendo Australia are positively fantastic now with release dates and actually getting games released here.

Salazar

Have already died in Crysis quite a few times.

My excuse is the makeshift set-up (monitor on bookcase, mouse on small table, keyboard on bed) and my unfamiliarity with KB/M.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Salazar said:
Have already died in Crysis quite a few times.

My excuse is the makeshift set-up (monitor on bookcase, mouse on small table, keyboard on bed) and my unfamiliarity with KB/M.

Don't forget to use the binoculars to mark enemies!

If you want to watch someone who knows what they are doing in crysis, check youtube for nanosuit ninja. That man is a crysis god.

Hows it running though? Look good? Any mods?

evlcookie said:

If you want to watch someone who knows what they are doing in crysis, check youtube for nanosuit ninja. That man is a crysis god.

Would also like to know.

NanosuitNinja made me want to play Crysis and made me like Crysis. So definitely check him out.

legend166

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm not man enough for Contra 4. The beginning of the second level is nothing short of insane.

Practice makes perfect. That sentence is never more appropriate than for Contra IV.

holy shit at the LA Noire OT turning into a hate-fest today.

I say this as someone who's enjoying the game
despite the shitty interview mechanics

Rahk

evlcookie said:

Yeah, check out NanosuitNinja's tutorial videos.

markot

Banned
codswallop said:
Doesn't sound like GAF at all. Pre-release hype followed by people enjoying the game, shortly followed by hate.
Hasnt happened to the Witcher ^_^

But its got the extra +50 pc exclusive bonus!

Aon

markot said:
Hasnt happened to the Witcher ^_^

It totally did for a couple of pages when the first round of people hit the ending and felt it was too abrupt. Corky in particular led the charge here.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think the ending of the witcher 2 is the only iffy part that people seem to be annoyed by? Everything else is a-ok.

It's a shame it sounds like L.A Noire falls apart at a certain point.

Salazar

evlcookie said:

Looks pretty fucking good. Most to high, some to very high. No mods.

I've been checking out nanosuitninja's stuff over the past week. Motherfucker knows what he is doing. I'm not so much taking direct lessons from what he does, but I am trying to be a great deal more patient.

La Noire doesnt so much as fall apart as have a broken interrogation system- which you use throughout most of the game. unless you want to 5 star everything, it doesnt stop you progressing. Mind you, this is a game that lets you skip action scenes and not affect the outcome of a mission.

Im just having fun and filling in my Mad Men cast bingo card as i play.

So far ive seen, ken cosgrove, kinsey, smith, betty draper's shrink from season 1, peggy's mum and sister. I think i saw pete campbells name in the extensive credits in the manual

Tonight's episodes of Q&A was refreshing featuring a panel of writers compared to the usual tediousness of most politicians. Except for Gail Dines. She seems to think men are the devil. I swear iI heard her say unironically that all men think women are sluts all the time. (or words to that effect)

From 11:06pm to 12:31am, this is what Steam chat consisted of:
Orbi entered chat.
Orbi disconnected.
Orbi entered chat.
bigheartlittlepeepee disconnected.
Orbi disconnected.
Orbi entered chat.
Doncamatic left chat.
Orbi disconnected.
Orbi entered chat.
Choc disconnected.
BananaArnie disconnected.
Orbi disconnected.
BananaArnie entered chat.
Kirby102 left chat.
jambo entered chat.
jambo left chat.

Tntnnbltn

Orbi entered chat.
Orbi disconnected.
Orbi entered chat.
bigheartlittlepeepee disconnected.

Orbi disconnected.
Orbi entered chat.
Doncamatic left chat.

Orbi disconnected.
Orbi entered chat.
Choc disconnected.
BananaArnie disconnected.

Orbi disconnected.
BananaArnie entered chat.
Kirby102 left chat.
jambo entered chat.
jambo left chat.
I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here.

Dead Man

Channel Nine penalised by ACMA after 'persistent' breaches

CHANNEL 9 has been put on a short leash by the media watchdog after consistently mishandling viewer complaints.

Under a strict new ruling, Nine must provide ACMA with a monthly report of audience gripes received and how the network has addressed them - or face tough penalties.

Nine has also agreed to provide the industry body with quarterly reports on compliance prepared by an independent auditor.

The unprecedented slap follows a persistent pattern of code breaches, which Nine acknowledged as "unacceptable.''

ACMA chairman Chris Chapman said "it is important for members of the public to feel confident that TV stations will respond, substantively and promptly, when they make a complaint about a code matter."

Nine has been found in breach of the code 17 times in the past two years.

* Mar 2011: failed to provide caption service on NBN News and A Current Affair

* Nov 2010: with Ten, found guilty of promoting interactive gambling services

* Sept 2010: Sam Newman and The Footy Shown (AFL) provoked severe ridicule of Malaysian man and forced to pay $200,000 to charity

* Aug 2010: incorrectly classified episode of Dante's Code as AV (adult violence)

* Jul 2010: failed to provide caption service on Nine News and RPA

* May 2010: breached children's television standards over a prize segment on The Shak

* Mar 2010: 60 Minutes unfairly linked school to segregation

* Dec 2009: failed to provide caption service for programs on GO!

* Nov 2009: with Ten and Seven, breached news accuracy requirements relating to a story on Sudanese refugees

* Nov 2009: promotion of Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities inappropriate G viewing

* Sept 2009: A Current Affair failed to present factual material accurately in a story about a debt recovery company

* Aug 2009: A Current Affair guilty of designing program to induce hypnotic state in viewers

* June 2009: A Current Affair failed to present factual material accurately in a story about municipal carpark rangers

* May 2009: Sam Newman and The Footy Show (AFL) provoked severe ridicule of female journalist and mishandled complaints

* Mar 2009: A Current Affair failed to present factual material accurately in a story titled 'Foreign Doctors'

* Feb 2009: classification breach on Underbelly and Gordon Ramsay programs

* Feb 2009: used racist overtones towards Aboriginal people in National Nine News story about baby bonus scheme
Completely unsurprised to see ACA and their news programmes so well represented.

Dead Man said:
* Aug 2009: A Current Affair guilty of designing program to induce hypnotic state in viewers
I'm quite interested in what this one is about. anyone know?

I'm ignoring the multiple quips about what's the point in or how do you actually hypnotise brain-dead ACA zombies or that this could very well describe the program every night.

Oh, and HAPPY PSN RETURN DAY!!!

(let's place bets on how long it stays up for)

My vote is that is crashes due to volume and then probably goes down for real due to another attack.

Jintor

I just finished reading a book about ordinary lives in North Korea and now I'm really depressed that I played Homefront.

Salazar

Jintor said:
I just finished reading a book about ordinary lives in North Korea and now I'm really depressed that I played Homefront.

Feels good to have never had any contact with a crap shooter.

It's like ducking a barrel.

senahorse

Click quote to see new IP.

IP:
Password:

Until the game supports DNS entries or my internet connection becomes more stable I will have to keep updating this.

x3n05 said:
So I am going to try and keep a server up and running 24/7 for Terraria on my HTPC, (time may change depending on usage).

Server can handle up to 8 concurrent players.

If you want to join, just quote this post to view the IP (unfortunately Terraria cannot handle DNS entries at present) and password.

IP:
Password:

Let me know if you have any issues with lag etc.

Edit:

Just after I posted this I noticed there is a new patch out today which does a bunch of stuff, including the following:

The games default port is no longer ELEET (31337) it is now 7777.

Client will now resolve a hostname into its IP address, for example, if randomsite.org ran a server, you could type randomsite.org as the IP address and be able to connect.

Tonight when I get home I will change these details to use a dynamic dns name instead of IP as well as changing the port. As the server is running independent of Steam I will have to manually update it to reflect these changes so until tonight you can still play the current version.

Edit2: I have just registered (quote to view) to use for the server if your client has updated today. I will make it permanent tonight.

Jintor

It wasn't just that it was a mechanically crap shooter (well, the multi was pretty good). Just... fuck, man, I talked to a few of the devs and went in expecting maybe a slightly nuanced view of N.Korea and what I got out of it was american fuck-yeah with a few bits of 'oh god what have we done'.

After reading about real people who live in N.K and in 2009, 2010 - last year - were still having to literally forage the countryside for edible herbs and weeds to pulp into something vaguely digestible so they wouldn't starve... Urgh.

Omikron

Post aimed at Choc - I might follow Swindon now.

180px-Swindon_Town_FC.svg.png

Top Bottom