• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar

Reminder:

QycOI.png

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

What do I do with the Virtual Memory Initial Size and Maximum Size ?

Any help will be sensational.

Fredescu

It's been a long time since I've bothered to manually set the page file size on a workstation, but if you set it to the same size as you're RAM you're probably ok. We used to set it to 1.5 times back in the day but I doubt you need to bother with that.

Salazar

Fredescu said:
It's been a long time since I've bothered to manually set the page file size on a workstation, but if you set it to the same size as you're RAM you're probably ok.

I tried (following internet advice http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2008/11/17/3155406.aspx ) setting the initial value at 1.5 size of RAM (6000 MB) and maximum at 3 times RAM (12000).

Still getting that warning. 617 MB of total physical and virtual memory.

legend166

Salazar said:
I tried (following internet advice http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2008/11/17/3155406.aspx ) setting the initial value at 1.5 size of RAM (6000 MB) and maximum at 3 times RAM (12000).

Still getting that warning. 617 MB of total physical and virtual memory.

Post a dxdiag in here so we can see what the actual set up of the system is.

Open the start menu and type dxdiag in the find box, then hit enter. If it asks to check for digitally signed drivers, say yes.

Then click 'Save All Information' and post the contents of the text file.

Salazar

Fredescu said:
I asked before. What is telling you this?

A window that opens when I try to run Mount and Blade.

I did install a DirectX somethingorother when I was installing Mount and Blade - which struck me as odd.

I'm running the Diagnostic thing now, but it's extraordinarily slow.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Have you tried turning it off and on again? I'm serious too!

How much ram shows up in the initial bios boot or if it's uefi based it might tell you in the bios. If it days 4GB then it's a windows issue, probably something dodgy. Maybe securom fucked things up after your witcher 2 install, if u did it from a retail disc.

Fredescu

Salazar said:
A window that opens when I try to run Mount and Blade.
This error?

It seems that you currently have 644 MB of available total physical and virtual memory. Mount&Blade requires at least 700 MB of available memory in order to run without a problem. If Mount&Blade continuously crashes during your play, please close some of your programs before starting Mount&Blade or increase your virtual memory from Control Panel

Have you tried just installing it and running it anyway? I think it's just M&B being stupid. There are a few posts about it on their forum, with people saying they get the error and it runs fine anyway.

Danoss

If all other programs are closed and Mount and Blade are having that issue, I would be looking towards Mount and Blade.

Your physical memory is 4GB and you have set your virtual memory to 6GB, for 10GB minimum total memory and a maximum of 16GB. If anything is chewing up over 15.5GB of memory, I'll eat my hat.

Rahk

x3n05 said:
346mjw3.jpg

OK, new connection details (quote to view):

Host:
Password:
Port:

When you first log on, run as far left as you have to until you get to the area in the pic above to find where AusGAF's base currently is. :D
Stop having fun without me. :(

Have you found the jungle or dungeon on this map yet?

Salazar

Fredescu said:
This error?

It seems that you currently have 644 MB of available total physical and virtual memory. Mount&Blade requires at least 700 MB of available memory in order to run without a problem. If Mount&Blade continuously crashes during your play, please close some of your programs before starting Mount&Blade or increase your virtual memory from Control Panel

Have you tried just installing it and running it anyway? I think it's just M&B being stupid. There are a few posts about it on their forum, with people saying they get the error and it runs fine anyway.

Yeah, that error. Exactly - though the amount it says I have available fluctuates slightly.

I'm heartened by that - but dxdiag just refuses, basically, to get through a complete check of the system. So that bothers me.

Fredescu

Salazar said:
but dxdiag just refuses, basically, to get through a complete check of the system. So that bothers me.
I think it's just checking online whether your drivers are digitally signed. It could be having trouble connecting to wherever it has to connect to find that out. Untick "Check for WHQL Signatures" and see if it stops checking or whatever.

Salazar

Fredescu said:
I think it's just checking online whether your drivers are digitally signed. It could be having trouble connecting to wherever it has to connect to find that out. Untick "Check for WHQL Signatures" and see if it stops checking or whatever.

Ok. It just finished its check - just after I posted. The txt file is pretty fucking immense.

Side note: It looks like I can run Crysis high-very high fine - so I refuse to accept that Mount and Blade is memory-starved.

Sorry about the panic, fellas. Cheers.

Fredescu

Salazar said:
The txt file is pretty fucking immense.
Yeah, don't worry about posting it yet. IMO, ignore the error, install M&B, and see how it runs. If it seems fine, it's just the installer being stupid.

senahorse

Rahk said:
Stop having fun without me. :(

Have you found the jungle or dungeon on this map yet?

This is the same map we found the jungle in, but we are going west now, kritz has found about 8 hearts tonight...

Mar

x3n05 said:
346mjw3.jpg

OK, new connection details (quote to view):

When you first log on, run as far left as you have to until you get to the area in the pic above to find where AusGAF's base currently is. :D

I must know what this is.

Salazar

Jintor said:
son of a bitch

Gaffers have been able to change their Location in the Kindle settings, thereby making the US Store available - while keeping your Amazon shipping address the same.

Haven't done it myself, but it is apparently feasible.

jambo

Choc said:
modern warfare 3 looks fuck awesome

It looks like the same CoD I played a year ago, and 2 years ago, and 3 years ago, and 4 years ago.

CoD 2 - October 25, 2005
CoD 3 - November 7, 2006
CoD 4 - November 5, 2007
CoD 5 - November 11, 2008
CoD 6 - November 10, 2009
CoD 7 - November 9, 2010
CoD 8 - November 8, 2011

It's as bad as the sports rehashes.

Jintor

Salazar said:
Gaffers have been able to change their Location in the Kindle settings, thereby making the US Store available - while keeping your Amazon shipping address the same.

Haven't done it myself, but it is apparently feasible.

I hear you need an actual US address, contemplating whether or not to use a real one off a friend or just to enter 123 fake street springfield

Danoss

Jintor said:
I hear you need an actual US address, contemplating whether or not to use a real one off a friend or just to enter 123 fake street springfield
Well, thats not hard, use the American white pages or something. My US address on Amazon is the Mariott hotel in San Fransisco.

Gazunta

God damn it now you got me missing the time I stayed in the Marriott in San Francisco last year :(

Right, fuck this, time to become mega famous and get flown about the place.

Rahk

Jintor said:
Do you? I just selected America from a drop down menu in my Kindle account settings.

Danoss said:
Well, thats not hard, use the American white pages or something. My US address on Amazon is the Mariott hotel in San Fransisco.

Someone linked this in steam chat a week ago http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ generates a fake person in the country you choose, e.g
James P. Williams
3685 Old House Drive
Worthington, OH 43085

* Phone:
* 740-913-6310
* GlobalHoneymoons.com
* Email Address:
* JamesPWilliams@example.com
* Password:
* ro2eeCuapho
* Mother's Maiden name:
* Logan
* Birthday:
* July 1, 1935 (75 years old)
* MasterCard:
* 5105 0005 9248 1470
* Expires:
* 3/2011
* SSN:
* 289-22-4652
* News writer
* UPS Tracking Number:
* 1Z 627 918 03 4213 847 9
* Blood type:
* A+
* Weight:
* 231.2 pounds (105.1 kilograms)
* Height:
* 5' 6" (168 centimeters)

All bullshit of course, but it will save you having to find a zip code.

Dead Man

Doncamatic said:
Someone linked this in steam chat a week ago http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ generates a fake person in the country you choose, e.g
James P. Williams
3685 Old House Drive
Worthington, OH 43085

* Phone:
* 740-913-6310
* GlobalHoneymoons.com
* Email Address:
* JamesPWilliams@example.com
* Password:
* ro2eeCuapho
* Mother's Maiden name:
* Logan
* Birthday:
* July 1, 1935 (75 years old)
* MasterCard:
* 5105 0005 9248 1470
* Expires:
* 3/2011
* SSN:
* 289-22-4652
* News writer
* UPS Tracking Number:
* 1Z 627 918 03 4213 847 9
* Blood type:
* A+
* Weight:
* 231.2 pounds (105.1 kilograms)
* Height:
* 5' 6" (168 centimeters)

All bullshit of course, but it will save you having to find a zip code.
That is most excellent.

Salazar

Mount and Blade is pretty badass.

Laughed like a jackass through the tutorial. Fought some dudes in a training field. Set off for a town. Bought a fish. Trained some peasants - though not very well, because I kept on knocking one of them out. Went to the next village, recruited some dudes by paying for their armour.

I have no idea what happens next.

Salazar said:
Mount and Blade is pretty badass.

Laughed like a jackass through the tutorial. Fought some dudes in a training field. Set off for a town. Bought a fish. Trained some peasants - though not very well, because I kept on knocking one of them out. Went to the next village, recruited some dudes by paying for their armour.

I have no idea what happens next.

Go farm on some tundra or forest bandits with your small crew to level them up, also sell the gear you get off them for some cash to recruit more peasants. Avoid sea bandits, they aren't no garden variety bandits.

Edit
: At first your character should allow you to take out slightly larger groups of enemies than your own, as the game progresses you become a bit of a superhero. Talk to village elders in villages and mayors of towns for jobs to get some additional income, but avoid the kill a specific group of bandit ones.

Finally, every major town you pass check out the tavern to pick up certain 'hero' units. Heroes level up like you do and get knocked out instead of dying. With them you can create skill dump characters so that your character can focus on survival/death dealing skills. Each hero dislikes two other heroes, and their morale will go down if they are in a party with someone they hate. So you can't just stuff your party full of them.

Once you have gained a decent troop try talking to the various lords you meet, in cities and in the field, and ask them if they have any tasks for you. At least one of them will say they are recruiting for their faction and you can join it as a mercenary. Once you've provided your services for a while, and have gained some more renown, the king of that faction will offer you a fief and you become a lord.

Should be enough to last you a few hours at least.

Salazar

Ok. So attack any dudes who look weaker or less numerous than us.

I think I have a band of five at the moment.

Edit: Cheers - I think I'll dick around in Crysis for a while. I can't be fucked trying to run Witcher 2 until patches and such are out.

Danoss

Jintor said:
On the site or on your Kindle?
On the website.

All I did was add a fake US address to my address book (I forget why). After that, change your kindle region to US and shop away. Couldn't be easier.

jambo

Danoss said:
I remember trying to run Windows 7 under that. Could barely run itself or a web browser, let alone a game.

Might have been back when just came out, I've heard it's a lot better these days for Win7.

markot

Banned
Isnt it pretty much just like putting a windows partition on your system >_<?

I dont know, but ive never heard much bad about it. Its not like apple uses proprietary hardware, its all off the shelf mostly with windows drivers already available.

Danoss

jambo said:
Might have been back when just came out, I've heard it's a lot better these days for Win7.
It was, they must have fixed it. They'd be in trouble if they hadn't, cause it was absolutely horrid.

Rahk

Danoss said:
On the website.

All I did was add a fake US address to my address book (I forget why). After that, change your kindle region to US and shop away. Couldn't be easier.
I didn't even put in an American address and I could still change the region. It allows me to browse the US Kindle store on my Kindle, but I haven't bought anything yet.

Top Bottom