• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss

Omi said:
Try rooibos tea. Tea flavour and 0 caffeine, instead of the green tea option which has just as much as coffee depending on the type of green tea you drink.
Huh? Green tea having as much caffeine as coffee? This is news to me. Black tea, sure, but green?

i7AgK.png

Coutesy of Wikipedia.

I just had some tea posted to me as a gift and there is some Rooibos tea amongst it, which I haven't yet had. I'm very much looking forward to trying it.

Something I thought worth adding also. To remove a lot of caffeine from tea, steep it some hot water for 45 seconds, then pour out that water. This removes up to 80% of the caffeine.

Omikron

per litre etc, sure, but it all comes down to serving size doesn't it?

If you are like many people who drink green tea, they tend to make a pot (I know its what I do...) and make their way through that, whereas those that drink coffee might just have the one. So it is very hard to quantify.

But per litre of substance, sure coffee has more.

jambo said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...w_the_appeal_in_gamer_girls/c1vpwyx?context=3

Rez said:
Butting heads with the DOM in JavaScript is surprisingly rewarding.

Also, learning about server-side scripting has made the Internet a whole lot less magical. It's a shame we're taught ColdFusion in this course, PHP seems much more useful.
ColdFusion is used? I think I've seen it (least the .cfm extension) used on about 4 sites ever, not including tutorial sites.

edit: PHP is infinitely more useful and widespread.

Dead Man

MrSerrels said:
Trying to give up caffeine. Wondering if it's worth it.

I've consumed roughly eight nurofen in three days combating withdrawal headaches.

I CAN MAKE IT! If I can get past through this week, I can get through ANYTHING!
Yeah, definitely worth it. You musty almost be there, I used to drink several cups of coffee and 2 litres of coke a day and when I quit caffeine I had headaches for 3 days.

Gazunta said:
Totally worth it Serrels, keep at it man

in other news homemade pumpkin soup is the best pumpkin soup
Was there ever any doubt??

Danoss

Omi said:
But a rather important point.
It's a completely different angle.

Omi said:
instead of the green tea option which has just as much as coffee depending on the type of green tea you drink.
At that point apples were being compared to apples. Then you changed and compared an apple to a watermelon.

If you make a pot of tea with the same amount of tea as you were making a number of individual cups, thats one thing, and will unnecessarily increase your consumption of caffeine. You can get a number of steeps out the same set of leaves (especially common and encouraged in oolongs), getting different flavours and experiences each time. You take the brunt of the caffeine in the first cup and significantly less for each subsequent cup. If done this way, you won't be in any way close to the same amount of caffeine from one cup of coffee, while still enjoying multiple cups.

Hence why I said it was a different kettle of fish. Drink contents differ from drinking habits and warrant different perspectives.

Jintor

You best be adding sour cream to that pumpkin soup. OM NOM NOM.

I keep a bottle of water on me at all times, but I wish combo meals didn't always offer a drink. So... tempting... not to... get water...!

/edit I am however addicted to Eclipse mints

Don't buy a Gigabyte Slate PC. They're shit (more specifically, Windows 7 using a tablet is shit). Lucky we're just using it for a single purpose and the shittiness doesn't play a part.

Dead Man

markot said:
pfft, they didnt even get anything for winning! What the hell kinda quiz show is that?!
The BEST kind. And a friend was on there once, so I have to love it!

Stackboy said:
I've always preferred Rockwiz, but S & S is fun.
Julia Zemiro irritates the shit out of me. The whole show comes off as a worshipping of her and obscure musicians. I can't even watch Eurovision any more because of her :( But it is good to have more quirky shows on TV, so I don't think it should go, it's just not for me.

Danoss

Omi said:
@Danoss - Fair enough, but if you want to eliminate caffeine, just switching to green isn't the best option. :)
True. Though if you want to absolutely eliminate caffeine, that means no chocolate either.

Dead Man said:
Julia Zemiro irritates the shit out of me.
For some reason, I've always wanted to put my penis in her. But, I always imagined she'd start making some unfunny jokes about my penis and I'd just get irritated and walk away.

Stackboy

Dead Man said:
Julia Zemiro irritates the shit out of me. The whole show comes off as a worshipping of her and obscure musicians. I can't even watch Eurovision any more because of her :( But it is good to have more quirky shows on TV, so I don't think it should go, it's just not for me.

I find Rockwiz refreshing. Just because they are obscure musicians, doesn't make them bad.

Dead Man

Stackboy said:
I find Rockwiz refreshing. Just because they are obscure musicians, doesn't make them bad.
No. They are not bad at all, I just feel the show fawns over them a bit too much. But it's always good to smaller acts to get publicity, so I really don't think it should go, it's just not a show I enjoy.

Dead Man

Danoss said:
For some reason, I've always wanted to put my penis in her. But, I always imagined she'd start making some unfunny jokes about my penis and I'd just get irritated and walk away.
Maybe that's why she irritates me. If I thought she might make funny jokes about my penis, I'd probably forgive her.

Edit: Double post, bugger it.

Stackboy

How do they get fawned over? They play a song, ask them a question about their first album or gig and they are apart of the team for the night.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Just on my flights and stuff.

These are my flights:

Sydney - Paris
London - Prague
Vienna - Nice
Rome - Sydney

The only one that I can imagine being effected is London to Prague. But that's not until next Sunday, and this says it might all be gone by this weekend:

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...ights-but-plume-shrinking-20110525-1f2z9.html

the problem is legend you are at the mercy of the wind direction. The volcano is still erupting and if the winds go the wrong way it will end up over the UK again like last year.

Should be ok but its something to be very aware of when you are over there.

MrSerrels

Is State of Origin on tonight?

I guess this as good an excuse as any to continue playing LA Noire despite the fact that it's totally doing my head in.

Bernbaum

MrSerrels said:
Hey, I'm still rocking the Serrels app on my iPhone (Au-tag weblink)!

15zy8o.png

Kotaku AU has remained excellent, and I've had the AU tag link since the Wildgoose reign of terror. Having a central motivated identity helps make the local Allure Media version of Kotaku (albeit under the Gawker branding) stand out from the disparate knee jerk ramblings of the US writers.

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
Way to get behind your team. Actually, you prefer AFL if I'm correct.

whats the point. the same mistakes aer being made year after year after year.

also given that most of the qld team was born in nsw, its not really state of origin is it......

legend166

I want QLD to win just because of the incredibly annoying halfwits that fill the Sydney sports media. I'm sure I'd probably feel the opposite if I lived in Brisbane.

I flicked over to channel 9 last night and Ben Fordham was hosting some Origin show. Gross. Then Gus Gould stick his fat head on the screen and it was all over. Plus there's not a single likable person in the entire NSW team. Isn't Paul Gallen the captain?

Like I said, I'd probably hate the QLD players if I lived in Brisbane because of the over exposure there for their players.

Bring back Tim Brasher. In fact, can we just get the whole 1996 team back out there? Brasher, Wishart, Brett Mullins. Laurie Daley. The Chief.

Ah, the good old mid 90s when I followed league as a young kid. Then the whole super league happened and a family friend started giving us tickets to Swans matches. And the rest is history.

Just looked out the window and its overcast. I'll be majorly annoyed if I get rained on at the origin tonight.

Edit: bom.gov.au has put my fears to rest, for now.

Danoss

Choc said:
whats the point. the same mistakes aer being made year after year after year.

also given that most of the qld team was born in nsw, its not really state of origin is it......
Well, your club team is on a 3 game losing streak, might as well stop following them eh? Also, SoO is not about where they're born, we've been through this. It's the NSWRL vs QRL systems.

legend166 said:
Plus there's not a single likable person in the entire NSW team.
Tim Mannah says hi.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
Like I said, I'd probably hate the QLD players if I lived in Brisbane because of the over exposure there for their players.
State of Origin time is like Christmas for Murdoch's local Courier Mail.

They count down the number of sleeps until the first match. The A-Mart allsports in the city may as well be the official Queensland gang colours distribution outlet. Staff in my office have been wearing maroon jerseys to otherwise very serious meetings where formal attire would be expected.

Bernbaum said:
Staff in my office have been wearing maroon jerseys to otherwise very serious meetings where formal attire would be expected.

Whats the industry? I was in insurance and we had a blanket ban on origin/sporting gear.

Gazunta said:
God damn it, I'm going to be stuck in traffic for twice as long as usual tonight aren't I :(

I'm afraid so.

I will watch SOO but to me its a distraction from the season proper. I may be a league fan but i don't really like the SOO period because we get less games overall. That plus you get a lot of times where both teams are missing their stars and it can ruin the contest.

Like the top of the table clash between the storm and the broncos. It was basically ruined by being scheduled during the rep season.

I much prefer watching the International games at the end of the year. Hopefully as that continues to get better more attention will be placed onto it.

Danoss

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Going by the bulldozer thread it seems like the actual launch may be in September. For fuck sake, I wanted to upgrade soonish.

I'm tempted to keep on waiting since sept might bring new cards to the table.

This is rather annoying. Maybe next year I will be able to play the witcher 2 and say how awesome it is!

Top Bottom