• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss said:
Cause watching Australia and NZ thump all the other nations is far superior to watching the calibre of player in the State of Origin, right?

England don't always get thumped and they are improving.

Also NZ has been regularly beating the best that both NSW and QLD have to offer so im not sure how you can argue that SOO has a higher calibre of player than the international game.

Dead Man said:
Julia Zemiro irritates the shit out of me. The whole show comes off as a worshipping of her and obscure musicians. I can't even watch Eurovision any more because of her :( But it is good to have more quirky shows on TV, so I don't think it should go, it's just not for me.
Sure some of the musicians seem to come out of nowhere but they're not all obscure seeing as a fair few have appeared on both shows.

Rockwiz seems more about the music to me. (if that makes sense)
With 3 live songs by the guests and a band compared to 2/3 of the panel on S&S being comedians and the musicians seem to only be there to tell funny stories too and sing a few songs from a book.

I like both though.

Gazunta

Watching either of those is to me what reading NeoGAF would be like for your grandmother. I have zero, zero, ZERO comprehension of anything anyone is saying at all ever.

I am old and they stopped making music in 1997.

Danoss

AdventureRacing said:
England don't always get thumped and they are improving.

Also NZ has been regularly beating the best that both NSW and QLD have to offer so im not sure how you can argue that SOO has a higher calibre of player than the international game.
Forget I said anything. The fact that you seem to view SoO as an annoying sideshow indicates to me that I shouldn't have bothered engaging you in a discussion. I forgot the lolworthy points you tried to make in the NRL thread. I have made a grievous error in judgement.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I am putting in my form for metro compensation since they suck ass. I wonder how many days I will get, it should be a month!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just had a conference call with the head head bosses of the company I'm hopefully moving to melbourne to work for.. really nervous now until i find out the outcome

Danoss said:
Forget I said anything. The fact that you seem to view SoO as an annoying sideshow indicates to me that I shouldn't have bothered engaging you in a discussion. I forgot the lolworthy points you tried to make in the NRL thread. I have made a grievous error in judgement.

I don't consider it a sideshow however there is no question that it impacts the quality of the regular NRL season.

Just because you disagreed with me doesn't mean my argument was lol worthy.

It's not my problem if you won't even bother trying to form an argument. If that is the sort of tripe you want to post you aren't worth having a discussion with anyway.

Cohsae

You play for the state you first played for as a young'un. So you have the possibility of club teammates playing against each other at representative level.
Although several QLDers are breaking this rule IIRC. I think it's because they spent most of their childhood there or whatever. Or they are dirty rotten cheats / better than us :(

Madrical

Banned
After buying a turntable, I am now in search of a good sound system. I've heard Bose are some of the best quality-for-money speakers you can get, and my mate has a Bose system which sound fantastic. Can anyone recommend where to buy sound systems? I only want a 2.1 system, not 5.1 since it'll be for my room and it's not really big enough for a 5.1 system. Tried JB HIFI today but no dice on Bose, they don't stock 'em.

Waikis

Madrical said:
After buying a turntable, I am now in search of a good sound system. I've heard Bose are some of the best quality-for-money speakers you can get, and my mate has a Bose system which sound fantastic. Can anyone recommend where to buy sound systems? I only want a 2.1 system, not 5.1 since it'll be for my room and it's not really big enough for a 5.1 system. Tried JB HIFI today but no dice on Bose, they don't stock 'em.

ahahahahah

this thread is a good start http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348320

jambo

Madrical said:
I've heard Bose are some of the best quality-for-money speakers you can get, and my mate has a Bose system which sound fantastic.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar and his Macbook Air (Not really)

I2444.jpg

Choc

Banned
so

that was quite frankly the worst refereeing performance i have seen in origin history. inconsistent, a forward pass that wasn't, and penalties for NSW that when QLD did the same thing there was penalty

The QLDRL cheque is in the post Archer, fuck you.

Salazar

Jintor said:
Hey Salazar, how difficult is it to get into a tutoring position at the unimaversities?

From the outside, unfortunately, I wouldn't know.

If you hang around as a post-graduate, as far as I can tell, it ends up either being something you do

a) as somehow part of the requirements (in a nebulous 'participation' sense)
b) as an act of (lol) goodwill
c) as a way to make money
d) as a way to indicate that you're serious about an academic career

There is something called mentoring going on as well - I think that largely involves more advanced post-grads having coffee with honours students. Unremunerated.
Fuck that.

OH GOD, I HOPE THE NEXT TIME I TRY TO ACTIVATE THE WITCHER 2 IT SOMEHOW, BY FORCES OF FORBIDDEN MAGICAL POTENCY, MANAGES TO FUCKING WORK.

Although Crysis is splendid, and Anno 1404 is pretty great. I am barely managing to stay solvent, though. I built a huge fucking expanse of stonemason's sheds and hemp fields and the like, but I didn't actually figure out how to make any money.

Madrical

Banned
jambo said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Sooo I guess I'm wrong? Heh. I don't want audiophile quality speakers, I want something that'll set me back around $2.5k. If anyone has any recommendations, feel free to share.

Danoss

Choc said:
so

that was quite frankly the worst refereeing performance i have seen in origin history. inconsistent, a forward pass that wasn't, and penalties for NSW that when QLD did the same thing there was penalty

The QLDRL cheque is in the post Archer, fuck you.
Heh, NSW wasn't so shit after all, were they Choc? I'll bet it was better to watch the game than MasterShit.

NSW forwards need more passion and Brett Morris needs to fuck off and have Jarryd Hayne take his spot. A backline of Uate, Gasnier, Dugan, Jennings and Hayne would be very dangerous.

The pass in-goal by Gallen was a heart-stopper. What he was thinking, I have no idea.

Madrical said:
Sooo I guess I'm wrong? Heh. I don't want audiophile quality speakers, I want something that'll set me back around $2.5k. If anyone has any recommendations, feel free to share.
Don't go 2.1, if you find some nice bookshelf speakers, you can go for a plain 2.0 stereo setup and you'll be laughing. Mate of mine has a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/6's with a Yamaha stereo amp (almost grabbed the equivalent Denon, which was just as nice), got the lot for around $1k, and it sounds absolutely incredible. If a subwoofer was thrown in with this setup, it would sound atrocious. Any reputable audio retailer will tell you the same. If they don't, walk out and buy elsewhere, cause they're trying to rip you off.

Danoss

roosters93 said:
Hopefully the blues can come back and win game 2. Where's game 3 held?
I'm hoping the Blues can get up for game 2, I'll be there, cheering in the supporters bay with my blue wig on. Game 3 is back at Suncorp stadium.

Danoss said:
I'm hoping the Blues can get up for game 2, I'll be there, cheering in the supporters bay with my blue wig on. Game 3 is back at Suncorp stadium.

Hate to say it (as a Manly supporter) but Jason King did nothing, should definitely drop him. Would love to see Watmough in the side, he gets up for those big games.

Waikis

Madrical said:

Did you even check the thread I linked?

ATC SCM 10-2 Active Loudspeakers is about $3.5k.
If you want to know about speakers, try PMing witchfindergeneral, he knows his stuff. I'm strictly a headphone guy.

or

http://www.rio.com.au/product/5/16/375/dynaudio-focus-110/

Also, do you a good amplifier? No point getting fancy speakers without proper amp to support it methinks.

Dead Man

Madrical said:
To me, 2.5k on speakers is far into audiophile territory. Nothing wrong with that, but you should be able to get something that sounds nice for much less.

Danoss

Madrical said:
Well could you please recommend me something then? I'll have a look through the thread linked earlier soon.
Look at Dynaudio bookshelf speakers like the ones here and look at a stereo amplifier like the ones here, I hear Rotel make nice ones. I have heard Dynaudio speakers and can vouch for them sounding great for my taste in music (rock).

As with Waikis, I am more partial to headphones also.

Madrical

Banned
Waikis said:
Did you even check the thread I linked?

ATC SCM 10-2 Active Loudspeakers is about $3.5k.
If you want to know about speakers, try PMing witchfindergeneral, he knows his stuff. I'm strictly a headphone guy.

or

http://www.rio.com.au/product/5/16/375/dynaudio-focus-110/

Also, do you a good amplifier? No point getting fancy speakers without proper amp to support it methinks.
I'll check it in a bit.

...just had a quick read, saw the third post was someone saying 'anything by Bose' and thought you guys were trolling me, then scrolled down a bit and saw everyone laughing at him! That bad, huh? Noted.

And yep, need a decent amp too. I'm using a really old one, it'll do the trick for now, but it has no HDMI, so I won't be able to hook PS3/360 up to it. No point having good speakers and a crap amp.

Fredescu

Salazar said:
OH GOD, I HOPE THE NEXT TIME I TRY TO ACTIVATE THE WITCHER 2 IT SOMEHOW, BY FORCES OF FORBIDDEN MAGICAL POTENCY, MANAGES TO FUCKING WORK.
Patch 1.1 is supposed to be out tomorrow, and this is one of the things in it: "Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon. "

Waikis

Danoss said:
Look at Dynaudio bookshelf speakers like the ones here and look at a stereo amplifier like the ones here, I hear Rotel make nice ones. I have heard Dynaudio speakers and can vouch for them sounding great for my taste in music (rock).

As with Waikis, I am more partial to headphones also.

Btw, I bought a zana deux from a fellow neogaf user! XD

Madrical said:
After buying a turntable, I am now in search of a good sound system.

Screw the other guys. If you're after a 2.1 system because you only ever listen to music, get a 2.1 system. If, on the other hand, you listen to a combination of music, movies and games, then a 5.1 or even 7.1 system is still definitely worth it.

The most important thing you can do at this point (just like when going out to buy anything, or seeking advice to do so) is tell us how much you want to spend (you already mentioned $2.5k) and what you want to do with it.

$2.5k won't get you audiophile stuff, but if you want to look at good equipment I suggest checking out B&W speakers since I like the sound of most of their speakers. If only I had the cash to actually get some home. Also, do you need a receiver/amp, as that will change the criteria too.

And yeah, don't get Bose. Their equipment is targeted at people who want something that sounds good, but not necessarily sounds right. And there's a very big difference.

legend166

From all the research I did, $2.5k would definitely get him audiophile stuff. I guess it depends on how you classify an audiophile though.

Gazunta

I usually play games with the sound down as low as possible. Anything louder than a mouse fart and I'm reaching for the remote.

Top Bottom