• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc said:
for those who have been to NZ (ive been there before but just for work), what is the stuff that i just can't miss when there.
When I asked AusGAF a while back (we didn't end up going) I was directed to the Bay of Islands in the north. Auckland is supposedly a humid Melbourne -- being from Sydney that means you'd probably prefer it to the actual Melbourne.

Gazunta

If you can't be arsed with iTunes I also recommend CopyTrans it's free and doesn't require you to set up an iTunes account or activate another computer. I use it on my work machine to drop mp3s onto my iPhone.

Friday, I hate your stupid guts, hurry up with the beer o'clockness.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
GTA IV MP is ri-goddamn-diculous fun! Played for about 3-4 hours last night doing stunts and huge battles with a bunch of Aussies from the Internode GON Forums.

http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=186759

We play each Thursday if anyone wants to join next week. The more the merrier!

The freeroam shit is actually really good, as well as the gametypes they present. But unfortunately there were way too many cheaters online to make pubbing a viable option.

I'd love to play, but I've modded my GTAIV installation so much I'd be amazed if it even let me sign in.

--

Also, Xenos, I'll be home at like 3pm to either play Terraria or Brink, depending on if Brink actually arrives.

I might get home earlier if I decide to skip the programming lecture. Although I do like my programming lectures. And not just because I get to stalk reddit girl.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
lolol at ssf4 on PC, I'm not buying that.

For those who love apple and iPhones, Why does it never update my gmail cal? I've added the E3 shows and they just won't sync. Any ideas?

legend166

Ok got CopyTrans.

Windows only wants to recognise the iPod Touch as a camera.

And I also had to deal with a problem with stupid iTunes where it told me the file was locked.

I HATE YOU STEVE JOBS

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Witcher 2 will be my GOTY.

So. Fucking. Good.

I can't believe how after already spending 20 something hours playing it, the story, characters and world continue to surprise me. So many unexpected turns, and for a game as dark as it is, I have probably laughed more at this game than anything else in the last few years.

Also, and probably inspired by the branching storylines of TW2, I've started a new playthrough of Alpha Protocol. In terms of underrrated gems, AP is right at the fucking top.

legend166

I finished AP the other night. Pretty great game. The end disappointed me a little though, because I was presented with some choices, and then went through with some stuff and didn't even realise I'd made the wrong choice.

END GAME ALPHA PROTOCOL SPOILERS:

So I'm infiltrating Alpha Protocol and the evil dude is all like "we have capture Mina Tang. Will you save her? So I look on my map and try to see where she is, but it doesn't tell me. And no one tells me. So I figure she must be up ahead. Five minutes later, "HAHAHAHA, MINA TANG IS DEAD!" What?!

I wonder if I got an achievement for having sex with Mina, Scarlet and Madison. Boss. For some reason it said I couldn't find Scarlett at the end though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I intend to finish AP this weekend and so far, It's actually really enjoyable.

There's been a few spots along the way that have gotten me frustrated and the need to constantly crouch move everywhere so you can be a spy is a little strange. Walking, even at a slow pace seems to set things off and the AI is clearly OP as fuck, Not hard to kill but their ability to spot you in the most random ass place and behind walls is amazing.

Certainly a gem.

Alpha Protocol was one of those games I was interested in, then when seeing the reaction it got immediately after release removed it from my list.

I've been seeing a lot of positive buzz on NeoGAF recently though which seems to indicate it's a fun game with a lot of flaws (sounds like just about every Obsidian game). Is it worth picking up, then?

BanShunsaku said:
So I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Witcher 2 will be my GOTY.

So. Fucking. Good.

I can't believe how after already spending 20 something hours playing it, the story, characters and world continue to surprise me. So many unexpected turns, and for a game as dark as it is, I have probably laughed more at this game than anything else in the last few years.

Also, and probably inspired by the branching storylines of TW2, I've started a new playthrough of Alpha Protocol. In terms of underrrated gems, AP is right at the fucking top.

I'm loving the Witcher 2, just started a second play through which is fairly uncommon for me to do.

DualShadow said:
I'm loving the Witcher 2, just started a second play through which is fairly uncommon for me to do.

Yeah I haven't even finished it once and I can't wait for my second play through! So many choices and shades of grey...

BanShunsaku said:
Yeah I haven't even finished it once and I can't wait for my second play through! So many choices and shades of grey...

I've been told there is basically two chapter 2's depending on your choices.

I love all the choices and the timed choices are a nice touch.

evlcookie said:
I intend to finish AP this weekend and so far, It's actually really enjoyable.

There's been a few spots along the way that have gotten me frustrated and the need to constantly crouch move everywhere so you can be a spy is a little strange. Walking, even at a slow pace seems to set things off and the AI is clearly OP as fuck, Not hard to kill but their ability to spot you in the most random ass place and behind walls is amazing.

Certainly a gem.

If you put all your points into sneak and pistols the AI gets dominated. Silent running activated. Sprint up behind and npc and melee takedown, do the same for another. Stealth activated. Sneak forward and knock out one guy as stealth is ending; if there are a tonne of dudes just use the period to stealth takedown everyone you meet. Use the you've been spotted stealth to knock out a guy that spots you. Fully upgraded Brilliance from the Technical Aptitude path makes it even more OP.

Once you upgrade pistols and stealth, and even more so once you fully upgrade technical aptitude, you feel like a true spy.

Also, pro-tip. When you go to silent take down an enemy try and get them just as they turn to face you. They wont set off any alarms but you knock them out by wacking them in the throat, instantly, rather than having to wait for the leg-swing animation.

Cohsae

Bernbaum said:
Ubisoft's grenade rolling down a hill simulator is $5 on Steam today.
It's also good at simulating driving off cliffs into rivers and/or staring at sunsets and/or being run over by a jeep.

Clipper

Just in case for anybody not checking the previous page:

E3times.png

Kritz

Banned
Rahk said:
I'll be home at about 4.30 for some Brink or Terraria.
Me and xenos did some jungle farming last night. The vine grapple is amazing.

Tonight I think we're gonna farm the eye for demonite. Or raid that dungeon.

Danoss

Kritz said:

Are there levels in Terraria or can anyone join/play/whatever?

Jintor

So I like everything about the Witcher 2 except for the combat, which I merely tolerate to get to the good stuff. Combat has flashes of awesome but in general continues to frustrate, even though I'm at the imbar point where Geralt can basically thrash anything with a little brainpower.

Rahk

Kritz said:

Damn you! Got any spare vines? Need two more.

I already raided the dungeon after you guys left and collected enough bones to make a necro helmet and pants. :)

Kritz

Banned
Will be late tonight I suspect. At a tach lecture. With nerds. One of the presentations was 3 minutes of nyan cat. Fuck me.

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
Yeah, poor bugger.

Who'd want to do that and have it follow up with a glorious time in Europe? Not me.

the payoff is worth it but its the last thing on your mind when you are in that flying tight cabin

Salazar

Danoss said:
Yeah, poor bugger.

Who'd want to do that and have it follow up with a glorious time in Europe? Not me.

I had a fucking agonising flight from Dubai to Rome. I'm glad I arrived at night and jumped straight into a shower and then bed, because I was in a rotten mood.

Having my first experience of downloading stuff at a truly glacial pace on Steam. The boredom is almost exciting, in a weird way.

senahorse

REPOSTING FOR ANYONE THAT MISSED IT

346mjw3.jpg

OK, new connection details (quote to view):

Host:
Password:
Port:

Kritz, I won't be home for about an hour and a half.

Top Bottom