• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Aon

Hmm. It seems that Valve is shipping the stuff to me under the name AON AON.
Whoops. I hope this isn't going to cause real problems.

Cohsae

BanShunsaku said:
Happy Friday, AusGAF!

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? What's everyone gonna be playing? Which seat will you take?
Trying to find a property to rent with a friend of mine since I'm getting booted about this time next week.
Sheeeeeeit.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
To answer my own question (The longest single flight is Melbourne to LA at the moment isn't it?), no it's not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-stop_flight#Currently_scheduled_.28top_30.2C_by_distance.29

However the Melbourne to LA is the longest non-stop flight (12,748km, 15h 30m) from Australia. Good luck to those getting ready to take that flight for E3 (I've done the flight, it's horrible)...
I've taken that flight before. On United.

As bad as it was, I'd gladly do it again... that feeling that when you're about to land you've basically built yourself a mini hotel room, it's kind of awesome. I actually have an arseload of leave owing that I really should take soon...

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
The longest single flight is Melbourne to LA at the moment isn't it?

yes but when you fly from Sydney to Europe with a 1 hour stopover, its pretty much non stop

you get off the plane, go through customs and security of the stopover nation, go through security to get into the terminal again and get right back on the plane

believe me, i did it last year

EDIT: Also QANTAS first class for E3 :D (for those who missed it, due to a glitch, QANTAS First was cheaper then Business for one day)

Frawdder

Rahk said:
So Dirt 3 tonight? And/or tomorrow?
I'm up for it either tonight or tomorrow night. Hopefully we can get a few people showing up (probably should've attempted to organise it better, but we know how that usually turns out).

Kritz

Banned
x3n05 said:
REPOSTING FOR ANYONE THAT MISSED IT

346mjw3.jpg

Kritz, I won't be home for about an hour and a half.
Man, the days of only 200 health... Memories.

commanderdeek said:
I will be studying all weekend. Hooray for exams!

My gf will be studying, which translates to a weekend of guilt-free gaming for me :)

I need to buy a cheap pair of headphones for my PC, (over ear not in-ear) preferably with volume control and mic. I really don't want to spend more than $40 or $50. What are my chances of finding something at JB on the way home tonight? Any recommendations?

BanShunsaku said:
Happy Friday, AusGAF!

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? What's everyone gonna be playing? Which seat will you take?

I plan to put some more time into my Rift character, i shall attempt to continue TW1 or alternatively start TW2.

Also going to play 1st game of new tabletop "infinity" tonight and some talisman board game.

I shall take whichever seat is closest to the food and/or drinks.

Danoss

BanShunsaku said:
My gf will be studying, which translates to a weekend of guilt-free gaming for me :)

I need to buy a cheap pair of headphones for my PC, (over ear not in-ear) preferably with volume control and mic. I really don't want to spend more than $40 or $50. What are my chances of finding something at JB on the way home tonight? Any recommendations?
You may find something like this, this or this at JB. Don't expect anything too flash at that price point, especially in the way of comfort.

Stackboy

I was going to go to the pub, but I'm coming down with a cold and a sore throat is creeping up on me. Want to get better before I go on holidays in a week.

Bourbon and video games at home tonight.

Shaneus

jambo said:
My DiRT 3 download should be finished tonight =D

Also looking to play more GTA IV MP if anyone's keen. EFLC too!
I'd almost be up for that... but I've had so much grief getting GTA4 to run well, let alone look good.

Rahk

BanShunsaku said:

Avoid anything with 'chat' in the name. Terrible sound quality unless all you're doing is chatting.

Danoss said:
You may find something like this, this or this at JB. Don't expect anything too flash at that price point, especially in the way of comfort.

Thanks for that. I had a pair of Logitech USB ones similar to one of those a couple of years ago, and from memory they were comfortable enough. Being USB is better suited as well for my setup. Cheers!

Gazunta

I'll be spending the weekend relaxing after a crappy, horrible, stupid dumb week of making video games by

a) drawing comics about old video games
b) working on PR things about other people's cool video games.

VIDEO GAMES

Vook: Super important to not compromise your E3 time now and lay down the ground rules. My wife knows damn well not to bother me at all during E3, World Cup or any time they release a game called Crackdown.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
I'll be spending the weekend relaxing after a crappy, horrible, stupid dumb week of making video games by

a) drawing comics about old video games
b) working on PR things about other people's cool video games.

VIDEO GAMES

Vook: Super important to not compromise your E3 time now and lay down the ground rules. My wife knows damn well not to bother me at all during E3, World Cup or any time they release a game called Crackdown.

Vook you need to 'BANK' as serrels would say :D

Trying to finish up BioShock 2 (started enjoying it a bit more yesterday, probably pretty near the end --
just about to go to the petrol pump to visit Lamb after dealing with the guy in the giant vat
) and then cracking open Enslaved.

tonight, picking up a cat from the vet.

It was a stray that decided to live around our house a few months ago.
Then my wife started feeding it.
Then it got hurt in a fight (we think) with another cat, with an infected cut around the eye and now we've taken it to a vet and are apparently adopting it when we bring it home tonight.

It was this point that the internet ran out of facepalm pics to send to my wife's work email address. She just says "who's the bald guy in the maroon and black tracksuit?"

So two people who wanted a dog now have a cat. Now we must name him.

He's small and black so I suggested we call him Gary Coleman.
"But he'll get bigger. And he's got more of a swagger."
"Ok, so how about Obama. Or Lando. Or Vader. If I have to have a cat, it might as well be a Dark Lord of the Sith."

I liked Don Draper. It describes the cat perfectly. Hiding from his past with a new identity, a swaggering dude who's really a coward underneath.

We'll probably call it Clooney. Why? Because Clooney gets all the pussy.

PS- Did I mention my wife is allergic to most cats?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Fredescu said:
This is when you find out if she's a keeper or not! Exciting.

She has time off too, so win win either way :p

Choc said:
Vook you need to 'BANK' as serrels would say :D

Haha I don't have that problem, she wants to play more games.

Top Bottom