• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kritz

Banned
Jesus christ, still no Brink.

I've been home for the past four days and there hasn't been an attempted delivery I've missed or anything. Usually whoever delivers Zavvi's post just sticks games in the mailbox anyway.

It's been eleven working days since the order shipped (on the 12th), and I can't contact them until the 9th of next month as they require 20 working days to have passed.

I think next time I'll just pay the $50-70.

jambo

Kritz said:
Jesus christ, still no Brink.

I've been home for the past four days and there hasn't been an attempted delivery I've missed or anything. Usually whoever delivers Zavvi's post just sticks games in the mailbox anyway.

I've been hiding in your front yard, stealing your mail.

Jintor

Okay asshats, do you want me on your Temerri-whatever server? I'm kind of interested now and am probably gonna buy it when i get home

BanShunsaku said:
I need to buy a cheap pair of headphones for my PC, (over ear not in-ear) preferably with volume control and mic. I really don't want to spend more than $40 or $50. What are my chances of finding something at JB on the way home tonight? Any recommendations?

Suck it up and spend $100 on some Seinheissers. (But fi you can find it, the Razer Orca is rad as shit and super comforatble).

Danoss

Jintor said:
Okay asshats
Hey! That arsehat to you, because we're in Australia. Unless you mean:

ifkiO.jpg

Also, Clive, call it "Dog" to be ironic.

Jintor said:
Suck it up and spend $100 on some Seinheissers. (But fi you can find it, the Razer Orca is rad as shit and super comforatble).
You don't mean these do you? Cause I was a big enough sucker to buy a pair, and they're rubbish.

Beyerdynamic make some nice headsets if you're looking to spend some more. The DT234Pro are great, or the MMX2 if you prefer a USB input.

The alternative is buy whatever phones you like and just get something like a Zalman clip-on mic.

remz

Jintor said:
Okay asshats, do you want me on your Temerri-whatever server? I'm kind of interested now and am probably gonna buy it when i get home

Sennheissers suck!

Kritz

Banned
Jintor said:

Terraria (I think? The name is terrible) is a fantastic loot driven game. Me, Xenos, Rahk and Fred have a bunch of sweet loot we could probably hand out for free, but honestly it'll be more fun for you if you kinda just um

Earn a lot of the cool loot yourself.

When I started, everyone already had gold armour and grappling hooks and all other kinds of noise. Even if everyone outclasses your shit, and we will, it'll probably be way cooler for us to help you earn shit, or you explore on your own.

But, yo, game's amazing. We've only really "defeated" (you can't defeat areas but you can be kinda done with their content) the jungle area, we still have dungeons and hell and skylands and one or two more areas to go.

Danoss

Jintor said:
Sennheissers rule!
I swear, the only people I hear this from are those who have only used Sennheiser phones and haven't heard anything from Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica etc. I don't want to turn this into a debate, but Sennheiser aren't bad headphones, but they are quite overpriced (and their headsets are bad).

Gazunta said:
YOU'VE READ MY COMIC, IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS I DON'T HAVE ANY.

unintentional I swear!

ahem- I've played your games too. I see a pattern.

It's just been desexed. I think it's confused enough as it is.

"I swear they were there this morning, Doc."

Calling a cat "dog" is fine in theory until you try to take it to cat-only vet, a cattery or even a cathouse (I'm not sure what the last one is, but there's a 50/50 chance it involves cats)

also- if we get a dog later, calling it Cat would just freak out too many people.

If it wasn't the wrong colour, it would have been Kitten Kong
2005090209233361511ri.jpg

Jintor

Well, I'll agree that they're overpriced. I was using some cheap-ass bose headphones until it dawned on my I was breaking them every three months.

Shaneus

ClivePwned said:
So two people who wanted a dog now have a cat. Now we must name him.

He's small and black so I suggested we call him Gary Coleman.
"But he'll get bigger. And he's got more of a swagger."
"Ok, so how about Obama. Or Lando. Or Vader. If I have to have a cat, it might as well be a Dark Lord of the Sith."

I liked Don Draper. It describes the cat perfectly. Hiding from his past with a new identity, a swaggering dude who's really a coward underneath.

We'll probably call it Clooney. Why? Because Clooney gets all the pussy.
Black? Swagger? Big? Black Dynamite is your only option.

choodi

Banned
I never could understand the point of buying expensive headphones just to listen to mp3s.

Unless you guys are audiophiles and use them for hq stuff...then i'll just stfu

Danoss

choodi said:
I never could understand the point of buying expensive headphones just to listen to mp3s.

Unless you guys are audiophiles and use them for hq stuff...then i'll just stfu
I don't see the point either, aside from increased comfort, though I don't recall mp3s being mentioned.

Most of us here that have nice 'phones listen to FLAC recordings. Even 320kbps mp3s sound like utter garbage.

Madrical

Banned
Danoss said:
I don't see the point either, aside from increased comfort, though I don't recall mp3s being mentioned.

Most of us here that have nice 'phones listen to FLAC recordings. Even 320kbps mp3s sound like utter garbage.
What headphones do you have? I've got a $300 (roughly) pair of Sennheiser I bought around 3 years ago. They still sound great listening to my record player but I'm sure I could have a better pair, and definitely in the market for one.

I've been told in this thread that Bose are the best.

Ahem.

Just gave a group presentation for Aboriginal Education, when we finished lecturer/tutor said "Don't hold me to it but that presentation was a Distinction, pushing HD". Do you think we can hold him to that? Will be pissed if we get now get a Pass/Credit...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sutton Dagger said:
Just gave a group presentation for Aboriginal Education, when we finished lecturer/tutor said "Don't hold me to it but that presentation was a Distinction, pushing HD". Do you think we can hold him to that? Will be pissed if we get now get a Pass/Credit...

Had this happen to me, told we'd be getting a HD based on our group assignment and how much time we'd put in to it (was a live presentation / concert / set up thing) ended up getting a C

Danoss

Madrical said:
What headphones do you have? I've got a $300 (roughly) pair of Sennheiser I bought around 3 years ago. They still sound great listening to my record player but I'm sure I could have a better pair, and definitely in the market for one.
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD555 that I got for cheap that I use for gaming, they're comfy enough to wear for hours on end. My other pair are Audio-Technica ATH-AD700, which I prefer to listen to music with. Not flash, but it sounds nice for the price, especially coming out of the bit-perfect Xonar Essence STX sound card.

I'm currently back to slowly saving for a pair of Audeze LCD-2, headamp and DAC to suit. Meier Audio seem to have discontinued his Corda Concerto amp which was a perfect fit for those phones was available as a combo with their StageDAC. :(

Madrical said:
I've been told in this thread that Bose are the best.
Don't even joke about that.

Rezbit

Sutton Dagger said:

Very interesting and complex issue. Was this part of a teaching qualification? I taught in the Kimberley, so it is an issue close to me.

Also great news about the betting shit. Obviously pokies suck but I always found live betting stats really obnoxious and even dangerous, especially to the 18-...well pretty much the entire male demographic who might have a predisposition for gambling.

Top Bottom