• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

senahorse

Danoss said:
Not what I mean. I was looking to buy it yesterday and join for some gametime late last night (you'd stopped playing by then I would presume). Then you declare today you won't be playing again until new content is available.

So, I would have spent $10 for 0 hours worth of gameplay. I wouldn't have done OK.

I stopped playing it today, played all of last night and this morning actually.

Game was good but as its emphasis is on exploration and gear, the playtime available is only finite, hence why I won't be playing it again until more content comes along.

Needless to say, the game is very competent as a single player game and a server is very easy to host with the other people still playing the game. The world we were playing in probably wouldn't have been the best to start on if you didn't start a few days ago as one of the bosses we killed cannot respawn in the same world.

Danoss

I missed the time to jump in the game with the AusGAF peoples. I will be giving it a miss.

I don't play many games these days and prefer to play multiplayer, primarily for the added fun-factor.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
Oh yeah, I have probably got about 2 hours proper sleep in the last 30 hours.

Get off GAF and go pick up hot crazy french chicks!

Don't forget you need a ticket for every floor of the Eiffel tower!

Salazar

Have an awesome time.

Dawn of War 2 is pretty good. Orks are feeling my wrath.

Looking forward to getting into Chaos Rising.

Dead Man

Sutton Dagger said:
Doing an ancient history assignment, decided to do a comparison piece between the Pandora and Eve myths, the similarities are really striking :)
Women as a source of suffering is a pretty common theme in mythology.

So sick of living out here near the Dandenong mountains. Everything is so far away. Even the train station is too far for me to walk to!

Whining aside, does anyone know whether an MS points card bought over here will work on a UK account? I want to post one to my brother for his birthday.

BaptistBlacktick said:
So sick of living out here near the Dandenong mountains. Everything is so far away. Even the train station is too far for me to walk to!

Whining aside, does anyone know whether an MS points card bought over here will work on a UK account? I want to post one to my brother for his birthday.
Points cards are supposed to be region locked, however, earlier this year I tested this. I ordered the lowest amount UK card I could from cheapxboxlivecodes.com (which, I think, was 800points) and the code worked on my AUS account.

I've been a bit nervous about ordering larger amounts because a cheaper point card is not cheaper when it doesn't work. Having said that, I found a really cheap UK 2100 point card and have ordered that. I'll know if I've wasted my money in about a week.

If you don't want to take the chance, what about ordering a UK card from Amazon.co.uk (or similar) and send it directly to his address. A lot of online shops have a Gift Wrapping option, if you'd like to make it a bit more special for them.

Hope this has helped, BaptistBlacktick :)

Yeah that's probably the way to go. I was gonna get him a boxed game but they're sooo expensive over here.

But maybe I'll just get him a gift-wrapped Dirt 3 or something and take advantage of the mighty dollar.

Cheers, Planet_JASE!

Salazar

Damn.

I just took out the tanks near the school in Crysis, and I'm heading up that little stream in a ridge.

Going to have to watch some more ninja vids. So many fucking dudes to kill.

aDDiKt24

Banned
jambo said:
Paris is awesome, be sure to go to the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur and the area around it. It's packed with great restaurants!

Montmartre is the nicest place in Paris hands down. Go there and enjoy the bohemian way of life!

legend166

I think we are going to Versaille on Tuesday, syth.

Today was almost eight hours off walking around looking at monuments and such. Feet are so sore.

I also decided that Paris is much like New York as depicted by Mad Men, but instead of being lift attendants, all the black people are store security guards.

Shaneus

Stackboy said:
Hope there are some insane rumours floating around gaf this week, being the week before E3.

Don't disappoint me, Gaf.
What rumours? Like the one where we might get moved back to the gaming forum?

Please be true!*

*don't really give a shit, tbh

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I might skip the MS conference this year, I'm still on the fence about it though.

It seems like just about everything has been leaked with a few exceptions. Nothing shown so far has me interested at all and i don't even own a 360 so my care factor is low from the beginning.

I will see how many nutters are going to stay up and chill in steam chat, If there's a few I might as well come along for the ride.

So how did AusGAF go with their gaming over the weekend?

I finished up BioShock 2 on Saturday and enjoyed the last couple of hours a heck of a lot more than the first eight or ten. It all started to come together with the different plasmid and combat options. However, the last battle prior to
heading to the surface
was far too easy, especially using a combination of
mini turrets and the decoy plasmid

On Sunday I fired up Enslaved. It's got its problems -- simplistic climbing and combat, of course, but other problems like a section where you run toward the screen to escape
a giant robotic dog
. Anyone who makes a "run toward the screen" sections should be shot. Despite that, I've really been enjoying it; though the gameplay doesn't vary much, the environments and objectives change frequently enough that it's easily kept me engaged half way into the game. Definitely glad I picked it up.

Stackboy

I played plenty of Halo: Reach over the weekend. Keen to start a new game, since I finished Assasains Creed 2 a few weeks ago, but since Red Faction: Armageddon is out this week and DNF and inFamous 2 are out next week, I figured I should wait.

If I get desperate for a change, I might give the GOTY edition of Borderlands a shot.

Jintor

All you guys need to buy Frozen Synapse on Steam before the deal expires. $20 for two copies, one for you and one for a friend, play by email feature, tactical planning, all this crazy shit. It's brilliant. Get in on it.

I have a free copy still available, who wants?

Choc

Banned
F1 last night was fucking bananas

Also

hamilton said and i quote 'maybe its because i am black' as to why he has been penalised by stewards in 5 out of 6 races so far

maybe its because you are driving like a fucking moron

Top Bottom