• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Agyar

commanderdeek said:
Can anyone recommend a cheap reliable hdmi cable?
eBay, search for HDMI cable plus length, sort by price+postage (lowest first), include international sellers if you don't mind waiting a week and buy the first one on the list.

Deeku

Agyar said:
eBay, search for HDMI cable plus length, sort by price+postage (lowest first), include international sellers if you don't mind waiting a week and buy the first one on the list.
Ok cool, just bought a $6 one. Hopefully it lasts longer than the $20, $50 and $90 ones I've bought before.

Clipper

codswallop said:
So how did AusGAF go with their gaming over the weekend?

I finished up BioShock 2 on Saturday and enjoyed the last couple of hours a heck of a lot more than the first eight or ten. It all started to come together with the different plasmid and combat options. However, the last battle prior to
heading to the surface
was far too easy, especially using a combination of
mini turrets and the decoy plasmid

On Sunday I fired up Enslaved. It's got its problems -- simplistic climbing and combat, of course, but other problems like a section where you run toward the screen to escape
a giant robotic dog
. Anyone who makes a "run toward the screen" sections should be shot. Despite that, I've really been enjoying it; though the gameplay doesn't vary much, the environments and objectives change frequently enough that it's easily kept me engaged half way into the game. Definitely glad I picked it up.

I platinummed L.A. Noire and got around to getting all the Mortal Kombat endings, performing all the fatalities, babalities and so on along the way. Also watched 'Knight and Day' and 'The King's Speech' on Blu-Ray and found both movies to be a lot better than I thought they would be (and I was already expecting TKS to be amazing). Altogether a fun weekend, fueled by getting over the last few symptoms of the flu, so not wanting to leave the house.

Incidentally, I think I discovered why MK was banned (j/k). In Sheeva's ending,
the combined leaders of the world decide to give the continent of Australia to the Shokan race as thanks for killing Shao Kahn and as payment for their future protection of the realm

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
Still one of the best!!

Fredescu said:
Well, tip #1 is to install that mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

It fixes a lot of bugs and adds some nice features. Purists might tell you to play the game unmodded first, but I found that way too frustrating.
I keep meaning to play this, I bought it ages ago on Steam and just haven't got to it yet, this might be a good time, that mod looks good.

Salazar said:
Is installing it easy/self-explanatory ?

It will be the first mod I have ever used.
It looks like thee is an .exe installer available on that page so it should be pretty simple.

Gazunta said:
I heard a rumour that a game with my name in the credits will be revealed.
Is it actually necessary to beat around the bush with that? I wasn't aware it was against the rules or anything to say that you're working on a game that's going to be shown at E3.

Salazar said:
Run or save ?

Edit - rather, what do I do with the .exe ?
Keep it somewhere. I usually make a "gamedir/mymods" directory and put all the mod installers I use in there in case something goes wrong. Saves me having to redownload shit.

edit: oh. yes. just run the installer after the game is installed. i'd say for safety's sake, run the game once to the title screen, close it, then install. the game might need to create some directories.

Fredescu

All this talk about Vegas 2 is making we want to play a bunch of co-op terrorist hunts again. Then I remembered I can't play online games with any reliability.

Dead Man

Inflammatory article, but it still shits me. We can't even discuss euthanasia of we get blacklisted, but we can justify denying someone drugs that might help save them. Fuck.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wom...-benefits-scheme/story-e6frfkvr-1226065559550

A TASMANIAN cancer sufferer will have to fork out $1500 a week for treatment to save her life.

Dorothy Thurley, 59, has been fighting bowel cancer for eight years and has been told she has one last chance to live - a widely used drug not covered by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.

She applied for a credit card last week to pay more than $7600 for the first four doses, The Mercury said.

The Tasmanian Government last week said it would not lobby Federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon, despite bowel cancer patients and oncologists around the country pleading for Erbitux to be listed on the PBS.

The Gut Foundation, the national bowel cancer organisation, has said about 2000 people would benefit if Erbitux was subsidised under the PBS. It would cost taxpayers $30 million a year and cost patients no more than $35 a script.

The drug - subsidised in Canada and the UK - can add years to the life expectancy of bowel cancer sufferers.

But Tasmanian Health Minister Michelle O'Byrne said the Government could not be seen to support a particular drug company.

"The responsibility for the PBS rests with the Commonwealth, with the state participating in regular Ministerial Councils to discuss significant issues," she said.

"I think it is important that questions about the availability of drugs on the PBS are answered clinically and not politically but I do understand that these issues have an enormous impact on individuals."

Played TW2 on the weekend, finally got some time into it and got up to floatsam.
Really enjoying it so far, only a few things that have really annoyed me but they are not consistent issues so thats ok.

Also put more time into tales of vesperia, quite enjoying the game so far.

Mate is buying his 1st console game ever, L.A. Noire, saves me buying it hahaha, so thats awesome.

I'm going into Michael hill jewlers tomorrow to buy (probably 2) gifts for my GF as its her birthday soon.
Can anyone advise on purchases. I am thinking a pendant (seems to me white gold is the best i can get) and possibly earrings.

Salazar

I get a crash report, now. It tells me to install an email program so it can send an error report.

Ugh, which I'm doing now. Dammit, Stalker. Help me to love you.

Kritz

Banned
Salazar said:
I get a crash report, now. It tells me to install an email program so it can send an error report.

Ugh, which I'm doing now. Dammit, Stalker. Help me to love you.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. At what part is it crashing? On load? When creating a new game? When saving a new game?

Also might be worth updating the game to the most recent patch.

Salazar

Kritz said:
It's not a bug, it's a feature. At what part is it crashing? On load? When creating a new game? When saving a new game?

Also might be worth updating the game to the most recent patch.

On load. When I used to get a black screen. Won't let me get anywhere. Patching now.

EDIT: THE PATCH FUCKEN WORKED. KRITZ, I COULD
probably never
KISS YOU.

Aon

lol. That's the first rule of gaming with a mouse. Patching is the first thing you do. In STALKER's case, you then follow that up with a community patch to be extra sure.

Kritz

Banned
It's too bad the patch actually fixes the game. Stalker is one of those games that almost deserves to be played broken.

And I'm not just saying that because the patch removes the powerful body armour that's hidden in the starting village.

Gazunta

I got the same problem Fred, so many multiplayer 360 games end up resetting my router so I just tend to not really bother with multiplayer games.

I really wanted to like Blur but the demo didn't like my router and so I didn't buy it and then Bizarre went out of business. Sorry Bizarre :(

Fredescu

Gazunta said:
I got the same problem Fred, so many multiplayer 360 games end up resetting my router so I just tend to not really bother with multiplayer games.
My connection is stable, I just have to drop everything if for eg there's a poo explosion that needs attending to or whatever. I feel like an arsehole if I'm playing a co-op game (or competitive even) and I have to leave, so I guess I just don't bother. Portal 2 was fine because I had an understanding friend and each puzzle is pretty small so we wouldn't lose much progress if I had to leave it for the night. I do miss a good co-op session though. Rainbow Six: Vegas was the first game that made me want a 360.

Top Bottom